ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who's Opening Night Setlist Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
19th June 2006 10:59 AM
Jumping Jack How are good tickets being sold in Europe? Fan club? How to get front floors? I must know!!!

kins, what do your sources say? Looks like the fall tour is concurrent with the Stones. Twofers??????
19th June 2006 11:26 AM
geecee The Who dont have an official fan club JJ.
On the whole they just went on general sale(there was a ticketmaster presale for Leeds).Except for the festival gigs(which always sell quick)the others were easy to get , Brighton took a few weeks to sell out,I dont think Beauliue has yet.

oh and most if not all of the Briish gigs are standing general admission type events ,so vantage point is all down to patience and stamina.
[Edited by geecee]
19th June 2006 11:28 AM
Gimme Shelter I cannot wait to hear the dates for the US tour.
19th June 2006 12:07 PM
jostorm Gazza: Rub it in ? Moi ???? Never!......
Did I already mention I was standing at the front and so near to Pete that I could have grabbed his crotch ,if only he wasn't so damn tall????

Question to Jumping Jack:
What makes you so sure that the film footage from this first and historical gig won't make it onto an official DVD??? I would hope that after being blinded by the sodding lights the entire evening I would at least get something out of it, besides the unique memory of it, that is....

As Gazza said about the Stones Brixton gig: this was one of the most memorable nights of my life ! (addendum: at least of the ones in which there was no sex involved whatsoever....)
19th June 2006 12:42 PM
Jumping Jack http://www.themusic.com/encore/thewho2006/
19th June 2006 01:09 PM
jostorm Thanks for that, JJ...
19th June 2006 01:14 PM
Jumping Jack CD is available!
19th June 2006 01:15 PM
jb IMO, the Who , im their original line up and even with kenny Jones, where the 2 nd greatest group of all time....they are truly legends and have alwasy been very respectful to the Stones....Pete is a tempermental genuis(see circa 82-02), but truly , along with MT, the greatest lead player ever....Pray that possible the Stadium fall tour includes the Who!!!!!!!!!!
19th June 2006 01:19 PM
wisertime That's a great set-list. I have to see them, Werchter or Amneville (France)..
19th June 2006 01:22 PM
jb Joey will have all the info!!!!
19th June 2006 01:23 PM
Jumping Jack Since they are trying for Nov 2 in Phillips perhaps they will double bill with Babs, LOL! Your dream show JB!!!
19th June 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Since they are trying for Nov 2 in Phillips perhaps they will double bill with Babs, LOL! Your dream show JB!!!

I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And by the way, I have serious sources in the Streisand camp-I swear!!!!!!!!!!!
19th June 2006 02:07 PM
Saint Sway Thanks for the pics. They look cool.

I wish the Stones would adopt the t-shirt jeans look and drop the glittery jackets and fancy dress. Much more laid-back R&R cool look - and more dignified IMO
19th June 2006 02:28 PM
Jumping Jack Your Babs tickets speak for themselves.

What I want to know is what your Stones and Who sources have to say about the fall.
19th June 2006 02:29 PM
Saint Sway Stones @ Borgatta
19th June 2006 03:16 PM
Joey " kins, what do your sources say? Looks like the fall tour is concurrent with the Stones. Twofers?????? "

Jumping Jack ..........................

Your young Joeykins is working on the issue .

Report on your desk soon .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

19th June 2006 03:19 PM
gustavobala they will come to south america?
19th June 2006 03:26 PM
Saint Sway "if you $$$$$$$ it, they will come"
19th June 2006 03:33 PM
Jumping Jack "I beleive you, but somethings are best not said..."

Quite true, LOL!!!
19th June 2006 03:56 PM
gimmekeef I hear Babs is so fat..they are literally calling the tour.."Bridges To Babs"...
19th June 2006 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I hear Babs is so fat..they are literally calling the tour.."Bridges To Babs"...

She keeps Rose Petals in her toilet . Word

" It do not stink Ronnie ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAZZY !
19th June 2006 05:18 PM
Joey " As far as I know I'm the only one from this board (so far) who was actually present at the gig, and I say the new songs were a bummer and they sucked. So there! I also say that I am not alone feeling like this, as the intense traffic around the bar and the toilets as well as the immediate cessation of any dancing activity attested on the night in question. "

Pete & Rog really do not care what anybody thinks about the new material -- they play it for themselves as much as for the audience and it will catch on as time progresses -- until then , the band will continue to sell out stadiums / arenas / festivals night after night ( see : THE ROLLING STONES ) and everyone will leave the concert EXTREMELY Happy and worn out from dancing so much throughout the gig ( again , see : THE ROLLING STONES ) .

Jacky Cakes !
19th June 2006 05:35 PM
glencar I'm sleepy. This isn't helping. The Who tour could have been a bust but the varified set list will keep us coming. I'll be there. Not Omaha though.
19th June 2006 06:07 PM
Gimme Shelter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7j9B7li_0s
19th June 2006 06:49 PM
Sir Jack Regan Leeds Uni, 17th June

Photo by Danny Clifford

19th June 2006 10:59 PM
corgi37 To me, the most startling fact on this thread is from JumpingJack.

Barbra Streisand is a commie?

Wow
(Checks calendar - yep, its 2006. Not 1956).

Thank you Mr. McCarthy.
19th June 2006 11:18 PM
Gimme Shelter Here is the actual setlist:

Who Are You
Can't Explain
The Seeker
Anyway, Anyhow
Wire & Glass
Sound Around
Pick up the Peace
Endless Wire
We've Got a Hit
They Made My Dreams Come True
Mirror Door
Baba O’riley
Drowned
Behind Blue Eyes
Relay
Mike Post
Cry if You Want
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey
See Me, Feel Me
Listening to You

Encore:

Substitute
The Kids Are Alright
Won't Get Fooled Again

20th June 2006 04:06 AM
jostorm To Mr Joey and his bioluminescent finger:

My comments were a direct answer to the original statement in the quoted official review, claiming that "the new songs went down a storm with the audience". I am simply saying this was really not my impression on the night, quite the opposite, in fact! And remember, there were only 2000 people in that room, so it's easy to see the effect of each song.
If The Two don't care and are playing the stuff for themselves, I say: "GOOD FOR THEM!!!"
But I may just be a bit more cynical than you, personally I guess that if you are selling boxed soundboard CDs of your concerts, perhaps the setlists themselves or at least the way they get reshuffled have been decided upon a long time ahead, after all you have to keep the buying punter's interest up for 23 consecutive shows, and those punters want new stuff from their creative geniuses, I suppose....
The new stuff may grow on me, it may not grow on me, who gives a shit ??? I was just making a point about the tripe journalists write, which in this case should be filed in the "fiction and not fact" department...
[Edited by jostorm]
20th June 2006 06:02 AM
Jumping Jack You are correct Corgi, so is so far left and crazy even the commies don't want her. She was the easiest lay on the white house lawn for slick Willie, however. One more in a long list of artists who confuse celebrity with divine wisdom who thinks the louder and more obnoxious she is the more convincing her arguments. Just another out of touch, hypocritical, Hollywood assclown. That said, she does have a great voice.
20th June 2006 06:24 AM
jostorm It is rumoured that Barbara Streisand's setlist opener on the first concert night will be "The Two don't bring me flowers anymooooooooooooooooooooooooooore..."
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)