ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who's Opening Night Setlist Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th June 2006 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:
It is rumoured that Barbara Streisand's setlist opener on the first concert night will be "The Two don't bring me flowers anymooooooooooooooooooooooooooore..."

Ouch !!!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!
20th June 2006 11:47 AM
jostorm As you ask, Joey:
Because the fact that my favourite cat started emptying her own bladder this morning (she was knocked over by a car last Tuesday, broken tail, no gut or bladder function whatsoever) means I won't have to euthanise her after all, and that has made me so giddy I had a momentary bypass to my usually superior sense of humour....

Hope the excuse is good enough, it was a dreadful joke, really....
20th June 2006 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:
As you ask, Joey:
Because the fact that my favourite cat started emptying her own bladder this morning (she was knocked over by a car last Tuesday, broken tail, no gut or bladder function whatsoever) means I won't have to euthanise her after all, and that has made me so giddy I had a momentary bypass to my usually superior sense of humour....

Hope the excuse is good enough, it was a dreadful joke, really....

" Without Your Love
Roger Daltrey "

" You can show me the way
Give me a sunny day
What does it mean without your love
And if I could travel far
If I could touch the stars
Where would I be without your love

Whenever I get to feel down and out
I think about what you said, and then I give out
If I could fly away
If I could sail today
Where would I go
Without your love

You can show me the way
Give me a sunny day
What does it mean without your love
And if I could travel far
If I could touch the stars
Where would I be without your love

And if I ever wonder away too far
mmmm you coming looking for me with open arms
I could forget my home
Feel like a rolling stone
Who could I be without your love
And does it mean without your love
Where would I be......... "

20th June 2006 12:08 PM
jostorm I'd post a picture of a fluffy kitten for you now, Joey, if only I knew how to......
20th June 2006 12:18 PM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:
I'd post a picture of a fluffy kitten for you now, Joey, if only I knew how to......

I love Kitty's :

20th June 2006 02:02 PM
jostorm aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
20th June 2006 02:27 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

I love Kitty's :

IS CERTIFIED ROSE GONNA SHOW UP ON THIS RECORD,JOSEPH?
20th June 2006 02:29 PM
Some Guy When does new Who drop?
20th June 2006 02:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
When does new Who drop?

**** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION *****
20th June 2006 02:49 PM
jb My favorite 'Who" concert was in 82 at thge T-Bowl in Orlando.
I enjoyed the show but was v ery uipset at people saying "they were much better than the Stones".
20th June 2006 02:59 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
My favorite 'Who" concert was in 82 at thge T-Bowl in Orlando.
I enjoyed the show but was v ery uipset at people saying "they were much better than the Stones".

27.11.1982: Orlando, Tangerine Bowl
My Generation, I Can't Explain, Dangerous, Sister Disco, The Quiet One, It's Hard, Eminence Front, Behind Blue Eyes, Baba O'Riley, I Can See For Miles, Drowned, Tattoo, Cry If You Want, Who Are You, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, 5.15, Love Reign O'er Me, Long Live Rock, Won't Get Fooled Again, Squeeze Box, Magic Bus
Concert Details

" I don't remember a whole lot about the show but a few items come to mind. The B52's and Joan Jett & The Black Hearts were on the same bill. Why the B52's I couldn't exactly say but then I'm not a promoter. The B52's I think was the opening act and didn't last long once started. They left the stage after a hail-storm of crushed Coke cups rained on their parade. I don't believe they made it past the first song. This audience was ruthless!

The Who and only them would do. Joan Jett was up and she took her punches. I was right up front for her and the crowd wanted her off too. They kept screaming obcenities to her and she stood her ground. Next thing you knew SHE was screaming back at the crowd and giving US the finger. She was one of the loudest acts I ever heard. My ears actually hurt when she was on stage! Finally the Who was on. Pretty much a straight forward show for them.

I had heard from interviews with Pete Townshend that he is pretty viscious on stage. Never even thought of it until during the show he stopped playing, hugged his guiter and told a group of people up front in the crowd, "You can't have my fucking guitar and I'm not going to smash it"! I thought that was very unusual for an artist to come off like that with fans but then I remembered the interviews. They went on to play an excellent set that night and comfirmed my opinion of them being on of the greatest rock groups there has ever been. "

http://www.thewholive.de/konzerte/zeige_konzert.php?GroupID=1&Jahr=1982
20th June 2006 03:19 PM
Joey " I began this diary wishing to speak about how doing all this makes me feel old. I don’t mean that it makes me feel too old, or that I am unhappy to be doing it, but in this kind of spotlight there is no way to hide the years. I saw Paul Simon on British TV recently, and he has decided to stop screwing with his hair, and he looked relaxed and content, but also suddenly he looks his age – as a result the wisdom of some of his writing sits with him in a better light. It’s easier to give a man credit for genius when he looks older. Watching MTV this morning, and seeing the Kings of Leon re-running an early song, I find it hard to believe that anyone so young could get a career running. But when the Who played at Leeds in 1970 I was just 24. I was about to release Tommy and try to build a family: the next ten years were to prove the most exhausting and emotionally draining of my life.

In many ways, despite the years I carry, it all seems easier today. Flying home on a Lear jet is an indulgence that no one really deserves, but six hours in the back of a van trying to sleep with amplifiers falling on your head, is not an option any more.

This week I am mixing the Who album.

Developing .......................... "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=320&zone=diary

Jacky Cakes !

20th June 2006 04:01 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

IS CERTIFIED ROSE GONNA SHOW UP ON THIS RECORD,JOSEPH?

**** You make young Joey say ...... Huh ?!?! *****

*** WTF ?!?! ***

********** ? ************

Why ?!?!
20th June 2006 04:10 PM
glencar People said the Who were better'n the Stones? Seriously?
20th June 2006 04:14 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
jb wrote:
My favorite 'Who" concert was in 82 at thge T-Bowl in Orlando.

WE were there Josh...I posted on it previous...

Friday after Turkey Day--11/25/82 drive to Orlando, Tangerine Bowl bought my tik for $75.00 while a freshman at UMiami, caught a ride up from Boca with some kid I matched up with from the radio station offering rides and riders from South Florida to the Who show....all Friday night we drove, beers, weed...every rest stop had tons of Who fans, the t-shirts, the Quadrophenia overcoats....arrived in Orlando at dawn 11/26---big parking lot scene...bought some acid early and spent the day trippin' my nuts off with no sleep from the night before....gates opened at 11-ish and that's when I went in. B-52's about 3-ish--they lasted four songs, drive, off by a barrage of bottles and insults.....Joan Jett an hour later was similarly abused, but fought back, flipped us off, swore at us, and had the crowd in the palm of her hand by her fifth song--she played an hour and was superb...then at 8-ish the big boys came on...acid still going strong!

My Generation, I Can't Explain, Dangerous, Sister Disco, The Quiet One, It's Hard, Eminence Front, Behind Blue Eyes, Baba O'Riley, I Can See For Miles, Drowned, Tattoo, Cry If You Want, Who Are You, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, 5.15, Love Reign O'er Me, Long Live Rock, Won't Get Fooled Again, Squeeze Box, Magic Bus

my ride ditched me at three in the morning somewhere on I95 in West Palm claiming no gas to get to me to Fort Lauderdale....called Mom in Lauderdale (God Bless Moms!!) and she drove and picked me up at around 4 AM....in Lauderdale by 5, quick breakfast, back to my UM dorm room by 7 AM...what a weekend!!

ah, the 80's....

[Edited by lotsajizz]
20th June 2006 04:18 PM
jb Yes, a great time..Stones would not hit South Fla. till 89....
20th June 2006 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

WE were there Josh...I posted on it previous...

Friday after Turkey Day--11/25/82 drive to Orlando, Tangerine Bowl bought my tik for $75.00 while a freshman at UMiami, caught a ride up from Boca with some kid I matched up with from the radio station offering rides and riders from South Florida to the Who show....all Friday night we drove, beers, weed...every rest stop had tons of Who fans, the t-shirts, the Quadrophenia overcoats....arrived in Orlando at dawn 11/26---big parking lot scene...bought some acid early and spent the day trippin' my nuts off with no sleep from the night before....gates opened at 11-ish and that's when I went in. B-52's about 3-ish--they lasted four songs, drive, off by a barrage of bottles and insults.....Joan Jett an hour later was similarly abused, but fought back, flipped us off, swore at us, and had the crowd in the palm of her hand by her fifth song--she played an hour and was superb...then at 8-ish the big boys came on...acid still going strong!

my ride ditched me at three in the morning somewhere on I95 in West Palm claiming no gas to get to me to Fort Lauderdale....called Mom in Lauderdale (God Bless Moms!!) and she drove and picked me up at around 4 AM....in Lauderdale by 5, quick breakfast, back to my UM dorm room by 7 AM...what a weekend!!

ah, the 80's....

[Edited by lotsajizz]

I love that story .
20th June 2006 04:30 PM
jb I lived in West palm beach!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right behind the WP B Auditorium/Atlanta braves spring training field!!! It was wild!!!!
20th June 2006 05:15 PM
MRD8 I too was at The Who's Tangerine Bowl show in '82...somebody hung a sign across the fence at the rear of the stadium that said, SCREW THE B-52's!!! After their first song the stage looked like a rummage sale...covered with shoes and various articles of clothing! Their lead singer said, "We're going to play another song---whether you like it or not!" Needless to say the answer to that was NOT! Joan and the Blackhearts fared little better...they threw lighter items at them...no shoes! I was surprised because The Who came on before it got dark...Townshend was in a surly mood all night...kept calling Orlando the Magic Kingdom...now that I have several DVD's from that tour I notice Pete had a bad attitude at several shows on that tour!
20th June 2006 05:17 PM
Joey
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
now that I have several DVD's from that tour I notice Pete had a bad attitude at several shows on that tour!

Seattle is DEFINITELY one .

Hell , Pete had a bad attitude throughout the 1982 Tour .
20th June 2006 05:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7j9B7li_0s

Cool !

Thanks
20th June 2006 05:21 PM
Gazza I'd have a bad attitude too if I'd had a haircut like the one he had in '82!

I think '81-82 was a heroin-phase for Pete, no?
20th June 2006 05:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd have a bad attitude too if I'd had a haircut like the one he had in '82!

I think '81-82 was a heroin-phase for Pete, no?

Pete never refers to his dirty habits as phases.

He prefers to call it "research"

[Edited by Saint Sway]
20th June 2006 05:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

[Edited by Saint Sway]

I should'nt laugh, but I did.
20th June 2006 06:26 PM
Jumping Jack The Who without Moon is like the Stones without Taylor or beer without alcohol. Tasty and refreshing, but just not as much fun! I suggest you bring some JD to ensure a good time is had by all this fall.
20th June 2006 07:02 PM
lotsajizz cognac
20th June 2006 07:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Laugh, I Nearly Shat......!
20th June 2006 08:14 PM
Joey " I'd have a bad attitude too if I'd had a haircut like the one he had in '82! "

Funny !

" I think '81-82 was a heroin-phase for Pete, no? "

1981 was DEFINITELY a heroin phase for Pete .

By the spring of 1982 ( around the time " All the Best Cowboys have Chinese Eyes " came out ) Pete had cleaned up thanks to Dr. Meg Patterson ( .. and her Black Box technique ) .

Note Bene : It states right on the " Chinese Eyes " album -- " Dedicated to Meg and all teenagers in love everywhere " . Amen Pete .

" My last year in High School Ronnie ! "

Jacky
21st June 2006 07:29 AM
Gazza report and live footage from BBC's Newsnight of the Leeds show here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/5102062.stm

Click 'video' beside 'The Who' on the top right side of the page.

oh..and feel free to NOT turn this thread into another fuckin' Ann Coulter debate,seeing as shes featured on the same page
[Edited by Gazza]
21st June 2006 07:37 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
jb wrote:
I lived in West palm beach!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right behind the WP B Auditorium/Atlanta braves spring training field!!! It was wild!!!!

I saw the Dead there in '82 when I was a UM freshmen and KISS later that spring, in '83....and Peter Tosh somewhere in between, date uncertain--for all the obvious reasons

and many Braves and Expos spring training games

I still think Hobe Sound has the best beach south of Hutchinson

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)