ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: beacon theater show and aerosmith opening? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th June 2006 12:15 PM
Dan
quote:
Bitch wrote:
The Beacon Theater is in NY, is there another Beacon in Boston? There was a rumor last time around about the RS playing the Beacon Theater, NYC for some club shows. So maybe we'll finally get some club shows?? That would be nice!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt it. The reason there were theatre shows on the Licks tour were as a bait and switch to sell fan club memberships and overpriced arena and stadium tickets. Apparently enough people bought fan club memberships last time around that theatre shows were deemed unnecessary.
16th June 2006 12:17 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I doubt it. The reason there were theatre shows on the Licks tour were as a bait and switch to sell fan club memberships and overpriced arena and stadium tickets. Apparently enough people bought fan club memberships last time around that theatre shows were deemed unnecessary.

Interesting ....
16th June 2006 12:18 PM
monkeyman62 [quote]jb wrote:
Don't count on it....they will need, however, some gimmick to fill up some venues. The Who, imo, would be the answer...the 2 greatest bands of all time.....I just have my doubts that Mick would wan to be upstaged again(see R-n-R Circus/9/11).
[/quote

very true
[Edited by monkeyman62]
16th June 2006 12:21 PM
FPM C10 I think that's what JB meant br R&R Circus 9/11.

Just a guess.

The whole "Who upstaging the Stones" is an urban myth. The Stones don't do opera.
16th June 2006 12:25 PM
jb I will return to Stouts and spend more than 3.5 minutes next time.
16th June 2006 12:32 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
I will return to Stouts and spend more than 3.5 minutes next time.

Yes please do so I can get a hug from you this time! Miss You!

:-)

Martha
16th June 2006 12:36 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:

Yes please do so I can get a hug from you this time! Miss You!

:-)

Martha

We hugged for .034 seconds!!! Your hair looked great!!!
16th June 2006 12:52 PM
glencar I will show up at Stout's both nights this time! I expect people to buy me some brews this time.
16th June 2006 12:57 PM
FPM C10 I will not be an across the street pouter this time but will appear in a clever disguise.

If you see this guy, buy him a drink!

{psst - don't tell lugar)
16th June 2006 01:27 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

We hugged for .034 seconds!!! Your hair looked great!!!

What hair? LOL

That wasn't me!

You COUNTED the seconds??????
16th June 2006 01:29 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
I will show up at Stout's both nights this time! I expect people to buy me some brews this time.

glencar, I will sneak you into the girls bathroom where we can have a cup 'o tea together. We'll use the larger handicapped stall!

xxoo,
Martha
16th June 2006 01:30 PM
Martha
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I will not be an across the street pouter this time but will appear in a clever disguise.

If you see this guy, buy him a drink!

{psst - don't tell lugar)

I am mixing my special blend of organic arsenic NOW! I'm just dyiiiiiiiiiiin' to meet YOU!
16th June 2006 01:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:

glencar, I will sneak you into the girls bathroom where we can have a cup 'o tea together. We'll use the larger handicapped stall!

xxoo,
Martha

i'll bring the coke!
16th June 2006 01:34 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
i'll bring the coke!

Ok! Coke n tea! What a combo! I won't be able to sleep for 10 years! LOL

Light weight!

xxoo,
MM

16th June 2006 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:

What hair? LOL

That wasn't me!

You COUNTED the seconds??????

It was you..beautiful short haircut..we embraced..and I also hello to Chris....was I hallucinating???
[Edited by jb]
16th June 2006 01:40 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

It was you..beautiful short haircut..we embraced..and I also hello to Chris....was I hallucinating???
[Edited by jb]

If you were hallucinating, I will volunteer to be your drink taster!
16th June 2006 01:42 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

If you were hallucinating, I will volunteer to be your drink taster!

I like you Dan...we disagree on some music, but we love taylor and the Stones...look forward to seeing you next time round...
16th June 2006 01:47 PM
glencar dan is a + for this boartd
16th June 2006 01:48 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I like you Dan...we disagree on some music, but we love taylor and the Stones...look forward to seeing you next time round...

Likewise. Not sure if I will be able to travel out of town this fall but maybe I will make the trip to Phoenix if The Who is on the bill.
16th June 2006 01:49 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

No I was exhausted and jacked up for the show. I know we were close to one another...I remember talking with your son...he said the magic word...his fav Stone is Keef and I HUGGED the shit outta him. That I DO remember. My memory is SHOT!

Still...I'd take another....longer hug....from you. ;-)
16th June 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:

No I was exhausted and jacked up for the show. I know we were close to one another...I remember talking with your son...he said the magic word...his fav Stone is Keef and I HUGGED the shit outta him. That I DO remember. My memory is SHOT!

Still...I'd take another....longer hug....from you. ;-)

My son was so proud that everyone knew me....he thought I was a star....and maybe, just maybe, for one shining moment, I was!!!no????
[Edited by jb]
16th June 2006 01:56 PM
Martha
quote:
Dan wrote:

Likewise. Not sure if I will be able to travel out of town this fall but maybe I will make the trip to Phoenix if The Who is on the bill.

Count me in on this show too if it happens. I'll bring the tea!
16th June 2006 01:56 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yeh...I made no West zCoast trips either....but for the Stones and Who, a must!!!!
16th June 2006 01:58 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

My son was so proud that everyone knew me....he thought I was a star....and maybe, just maybe, for one shining moment, I was!!!no????
[Edited by jb]

tell yer son that you are much loved by everyone on this board except for the rabid anti-dentites...
16th June 2006 02:00 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

It was a shining moment and I bet your son was totally blown away by the excitement, love and happiness coming from all of us. It was such an incredibly happy day.....I'm so glad you brought him along. He's old enough that he will certainly never forget it jb. Good job!

And the Father of the Year Award goes to....!

Now..... on to Phoenix!

MM
16th June 2006 02:01 PM
glencar father of the year goes to mine own father. sorry, joshy. wait yer turn...
16th June 2006 02:05 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
father of the year goes to mine own father. sorry, joshy. wait yer turn...

Everyone needs a turn..thanks for making me think of that glencar. :-)

There needs to be many winners....there are many Fathers of the Year out there...and for many different reasons.

God bless all the Fathers! Happy Father's Day!

xxoo,
MM
16th June 2006 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
father of the year goes to mine own father. sorry, joshy. wait yer turn...

I wish I had a dad...he died when I was 4 and I discovered his lifeless body in the tub as he had a massive heartattack at 42........I tried to open his eyelids, as I though he was sleeping....I kissed him, and then cried for my Mom and sister(she overdosed on drugs at 16).....My childhood was still good, but I was always ashamed I did not have a dad....
16th June 2006 02:06 PM
glencar martha, i can't believe i ever argued with you about politics. you are superb...
16th June 2006 02:10 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

I wish I had a dad...he died when I was 4 and I discovered his lifeless body in the tub as he had a massive heartattack at 42........I tried to open his eyelids, as I though he was sleeping....I kissed him, and then cried for my Mom and sister(she overdosed on drugs at 16).....My childhood was still good, but I was always ashamed I did not have a dad....

jb, I am so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine how these two terribly sad events affected your life. You may have PTSD, at least I would imagine you have had stress related symptoms ever since. I hope you no longer feel ashamed. You did nothing wrong.

xxoo,
Martha
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)