ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: beacon theater show and aerosmith opening? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12th June 2006 11:10 AM
chevysales have a business related connection with jim koplic (and his managers) a large promoter in my neck of the woods. (he loves his cars... porsche and corvettes)

anyhow fall as we all know is to be a stadium tour... with one or more beacon theater show being worked out... and possibly aerosmith opening for them at gillette stadium.

he has been a very good source in the past for tickets and info being rite on the money

juices flowing for fall shows already
12th June 2006 11:13 AM
Gazza I'd be amazed if Aerosmith would lower themselves to open for anyone in Boston, let alone the Stones.
12th June 2006 11:30 AM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd be amazed if Aerosmith would lower themselves to open for anyone in Boston, let alone the Stones.

They opened for Whitesnake as recently as 1990. I heard in 1989 that they were offered some Stones opening slots but either turned them down or they turned out to be unnecessary. But I heard the Aerosmith/Motley Crue tour might get rolled into a few Stones shows but thought that whoever said that was just yanking my chain.

I really doubt we will see stadium shows.
12th June 2006 11:33 AM
Jumping Jack Aerosmith was forced to do short sets this winter because of Tyler's voice problems. I wonder how his recovery from surgery is coming along? If still limited to doing shorter sets would warming up for the Stones be beyond reason?
12th June 2006 11:38 AM
Dan
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Aerosmith was forced to do short sets this winter because of Tyler's voice problems. I wonder how his recovery from surgery is coming along? If still limited to doing shorter sets would warming up for the Stones be beyond reason?

They are in the studio now but I don't know if any vocal tracks are being laid down yet. I think they are only doing 80 min sets on the fall tour. Dates are starting to leak out but nothing for Boston yet.
12th June 2006 11:39 AM
chevysales
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd be amazed if Aerosmith would lower themselves to open for anyone in Boston, let alone the Stones.

i too was skeptical (about the aerosmith part) but jim is not a small time promoter by any stetch of the imagination along with the fact he has been on the money any time i have asked him stuff in the past.
[Edited by chevysales]
12th June 2006 12:12 PM
monkeyman62 why so hard to believe, bigger bands than aerosmith have opened for the stones
12th June 2006 12:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Aerosmith??? Sure why not? They know the pecking order.
12th June 2006 01:22 PM
luxury1 where is Gillette Stadium?
12th June 2006 01:32 PM
Dan
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
where is Gillette Stadium?

Foxboro,Mass
12th June 2006 02:18 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I want them to LOWER themselves.....as they should! Open for the Stones.....and let the ROCK begin!

This combo could set Baaaaaahston on FIRE!

And......I could really dig this!

Nellcote..get ready!

MM
12th June 2006 06:29 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I've seen Steven Tyler worshipping at the Stones altar a couple of times - Orpheum and Fenway.

Getting paid to open and then watch The Stones might not be such a stretch.

12th June 2006 06:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
why so hard to believe, bigger bands than aerosmith have opened for the stones

Sales wise, I cant think of too many

The part I find most head scratching isnt Aerosmith opening for the Stones, but doing so in their hometown. Hence the remark about them seeing it as lowering themselves
12th June 2006 07:37 PM
monkeyman62 acdc opened in australia, if they can do that surely aerosmith can open in boston
12th June 2006 07:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
acdc opened in australia, if they can do that surely aerosmith can open in boston

On the 2003 tour, you mean?

AC DC only opened at a couple of shows in Europe - field shows in Germany were they were added to the bill as an extra support act to help slow ticket sales.

Angus and Malcolm Young guested with the Stones on 'rock me baby' at the theatre show in Sydney, but they werent an opening act.

Guns n Roses were probably the biggest name opening act I can recall in recent years (in terms of being a current hot band with huge sales) when they opened in LA in 1989. Bon Jovi also opened for the Stones in 1995, but that was in Paris.
12th June 2006 08:50 PM
monkeyman62 oh ok i thought acdc opened in australia on the licks tour,
my mistake, but as far as well known headliners opening
for the stones it has happened many times as you know,
maybe aerosmith wont open in boston but i can see them opening in another city
12th June 2006 09:03 PM
IanBillen
How can they come around and do a stadium tour again???

Didn't we already have that with this album? Could it even be financially viable right now? Would it work so early?

After all just last fall was a stadium tour for A Bigger Bang here in the states.

I am skepticle. Quite Skepticle.

Regardless of the financial matters and it may be being too soon with nothing to go on. But are The Stones physically up to basically going straight into another stadium tour the very next year with out a real break as usual or a year or two off? Geeze

Ian
12th June 2006 09:07 PM
Dan
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
oh ok i thought acdc opened in australia on the licks tour,

Right now I think its more of a promotors wet dream and doubt it will really happen, would love to see it though. However, much like the Stones, Aerosmith is primarily driven by whatever is best for the bottom line. If the Stones were to offer Aerosmith their usual fee to open a show I am sure they would accept.
12th June 2006 09:10 PM
Dan
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

How can they come around and do a stadium tour again???

Didn't we already have that with this album? Could it even be financially viable right now? Would it work so early?

After all just last fall was a stadium tour for A Bigger Bang here in the states.

I am skepticle. Quite Skepticle.

Regardless of the financial matters and it may be being too soon with nothing to go on. But are The Stones physically up to basically going straight into another stadium tour the very next year with out a real break as usual or a year or two off? Geeze

Ian

We aren't talking a 50 shows in 60 days van tour here. Sure they can do it. Other artists their age have been on tour continuously so if they really do have any stamina then it should be possible. Keep in mind most dates will also be in cities skipped last time around or major markets where there would still be demand.

12th June 2006 09:13 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
How much is their fee? They gave Metallica like a million for each SF gig, didn't they?

From the figures I have seen in Pollstar I would guess around a million. That sounds about right for Metallica, I also heard thats what they paid AC/DC. I guess the cost for a top tier opener went up, in 1989 Guns N Roses got a million for all 4 nights.
13th June 2006 07:23 AM
TomL If it is Stadiums only I am going to cut way down on the shows I see. Tired of those big ass shows with war hores's only.
13th June 2006 07:28 AM
LadyJane
quote:
TomL wrote:
If it is Stadiums only I am going to cut way down on the shows I see. Tired of those big ass shows with war hores's only.

Where have YOU been??

It's been rumored stadiums all along. I'd prefer arena's too.

Soldier Field would definitely be worth revisiting, no???

LJ.

13th June 2006 07:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
oh ok i thought acdc opened in australia on the licks tour,

yep..I'd think thats certainly believable.
13th June 2006 07:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Where have YOU been??

It's been rumored stadiums all along. I'd prefer arena's too.

I got the impression also it was mostly (if not exclusively) going to be arenas - but then that was the idea last year as well until Cohl priced the band out of most similar sized venues

If the Stones are playing North America from late September up to mid-late November, I would imagine theres not too many places where they could play outdoors.

13th June 2006 09:54 AM
gimmekeef Speaking of big name openers...any more news regarding the rumored Who/Stones twin bill out near Phoenix?
15th June 2006 06:43 PM
Dan Aerosmith and Motley Crue are 2 doing shows at whatever the shed in Mansfield is called now, on Sep 26 & 28. Its unlikely they would do a competing opening gig in the same area at the same time. (As a matter of fact most headliners often don't allow openers to do competing headline shows within a certain radius at the same time).

Thats not to say the gig wasn't in the works at some time or they wont open other shows elsewhere.
15th June 2006 08:00 PM
glencar Stadiums again? I'll still be there but not as often.
16th June 2006 11:29 AM
Bitch The Beacon Theater is in NY, is there another Beacon in Boston? There was a rumor last time around about the RS playing the Beacon Theater, NYC for some club shows. So maybe we'll finally get some club shows?? That would be nice!!!!!!!!!!
16th June 2006 12:04 PM
jb Don't count on it....they will need, however, some gimmick to fill up some venues. The Who, imo, would be the answer...the 2 greatest bands of all time.....I just have my doubts that Mick would wan to be upstaged again(see R-n-R Circus/9/11).
16th June 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Don't count on it....they will need, however, some gimmick to fill up some venues.

I've got it.... Palm tree seating!

GET ME COHL ON THE PHONE!!! IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)