ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Other Favorite Bands Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-16-03 08:35 AM
Factory Girl I forgot to put on my list: Johhny Winter & the Strokes.
06-16-03 08:56 AM
steel driving hammer Iggy, Stones and AC/DC all in Germany...

.S. singer Iggy Pop performs a song during his concert in Hamburg, northern Germany on Sunday, June 15, 2003. (AP Photo/Fabian Bimmer)
06-16-03 09:08 AM
Factory Girl Iggy's photo didn't show.
06-16-03 09:10 AM
Factory Girl Cool. He's looking his glorious ravaged self. Hope he comes back to US soon. I need to se him for the 6th time...and no, I'm not kidding.
06-16-03 09:26 AM
Joey THE WHO

THE WHO

THE WHO

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACK the Y !
06-16-03 09:35 AM
Factory Girl Joey, where is Maxy??? Is it true he's co-starring with Jenna Jameson in her latest flick??
06-16-03 10:03 AM
Joey " Joey, where is Maxy??? Is it true he's co-starring with Jenna Jameson in her latest flick?? "

Hello Katie ..................

Yes , it is certainly true that Maxy just wraped up filming on " Maxy loves Jenna IV ( A NEW BEGINNING ) " , but as to why he has not found time to appear on this board and throw us a bone is beyond mere speculation at this particular juncture .

J. Fly !
06-16-03 10:05 AM
Factory Girl Lol, Joey... He is too busy boning JJ!
06-16-03 10:14 AM
steel driving hammer Joey! I went sailing on Lake Michigan this weekend!

You could of NOT 'axed' for better weather, food and wine.

Had the best thin crust pizza at Leona's that I ever tasted.

Only thing missing was My Baby Joey!!
06-16-03 10:29 AM
Joey " Only thing missing was My Baby Joey!! "

My Baby Steelie ........................?!?!?!?!

Is that really you ?!?!?!?!

Why didn't you call and invite me sailing ?!?!?!

I could have caught a flight to Chicago and been there in one hour EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make Joey cry and snort snot .

J.
06-16-03 02:35 PM
magicwoman my other fav bands
acdc
aerosmith
creedence clearwater revival
deep purple
led zeppelin
metallica
jimi hendrix
status quo
vanmorrison
guns n roses
the doors
the who
janis joplin
06-16-03 04:43 PM
Vinyl kills Anyone into metal??? Not the candy ass stuff but bands like:

VENOM
BATHORY
MERCYFUL FATE
EXODUS
MAYHEM
THE OBSESSED
IRON MAIDEN
SODOM

????
06-16-03 05:11 PM
steel driving hammer Iggy Pop wrote China Girl?

By Steve McClure

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Two vintage 1980s David Bowie (news) tracks, "Let's Dance" and "China Girl," have been given artist-approved "Asian" remixes for release in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond.

"Let's Dance," a Billboard Hot 100 chart-topper in March 1983, was the title track of Bowie's hit EMI America album that year. It has been given a "Bollywood" treatment, with an exotic sonic backdrop featuring tabla drums, Hindi vocals, and sitars.

From the same album, another international hit, "China Girl" -- originally recorded in 1977 by Iggy Pop (news), Bowie's co-writer on the track -- has been given a distinctly Far Eastern flavor. Added to the mix are traditional Chinese instruments, such as the plaintive erhu, a two-stringed bowed instrument.

"Asian culture has had a fairly high profile within my work from the early '70s," Bowie tells Billboard. "It was not a difficult decision to give the green light to these remixes. I think they're pretty cool."

The project was the brainchild of Hans Ebert, EMI Recorded Music Southeast Asia executive director. As co-executive producer, he oversaw the remixing of the tracks with Morton Wilson, president of Schtung Music, a music production company with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Singapore.

Wilson, who shares the executive producer credit with Ebert, had the actual mixing and additional recording carried out by Schtung staff engineers and local musicians.

"Being given permission by Bowie's management to remix two of my favorite tracks by one of my all-time favorite musicians was the only inspiration and dedication I needed," Ebert says. "This was truly a labor of love for me and Morton. Having the tracks approved and the work appreciated was the icing on the cake."

The "Let's Dance" and "China Girl" remixes will be included as bonus tracks on EMI's upcoming Asian release of a Bowie greatest-hits package; the release date has yet to be confirmed. Ebert says they will also be released in Europe on other compilations. MTV Asia, meanwhile, has created a special music video for the "Let's Dance" remix.

06-16-03 06:39 PM
Fiji Joe Was into the Tragicaly Hip for a while...until they tragically, did become hip...I really like just about and anything Bob Marley and Wailers ever did...Life ain't been the same since Stevie Ray Vaughn died
06-16-03 08:52 PM
Joey Life ain't been the same since Stevie Ray Vaughn died "

Fiji .......................................????????

Is that really you ?????????????????????????????

Where in the Hell have you been these past few months ????????? Man , one thing about you -- You were always Minty Fresh and could you write a post .

Welcome home My Royal's loving , George Brett Missing , Chiefs Defense is still abysmal - ing , Vermeil in last year-ing Brother ...................................

The Wall Was Just Warmed Over Arthur .

" Bite My Ass Ronnie "

Jacky !
06-17-03 01:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, China Girl is credited as Bowie/Pop.

Iggy's version was released first.
06-17-03 02:19 AM
gypsymofo60 My other fave's.....OK!- Joe Brown & The Bruvvers, Cliff Richard, Gerry & The Pacemakers(how appropriate 40 years later), Sandie Shaw, Fabian, Adam Faith, Hank B Marvin, Jimmy Saville(HAIRDO).....Tiny Tim, Chris Barber, The Starlight Vocal Band, The Nolans, Human League, Culture Club, WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh! and OUR Kylie mmmmmmmkissykissy, a walking Aussie postcard with a disgusting Sloneranger accent.........The Who like The Stones??????????????????????????
06-17-03 08:54 AM
Factory Girl Iggy's version of China Girl is sublime. Bowie's version is a dance tune (Lets Dance cd).

My parent also didn't know Iggy co-wrote China Girl.

06-17-03 11:48 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
Anyone into metal??? Not the candy ass stuff but bands like:

VENOM
BATHORY
MERCYFUL FATE
EXODUS
MAYHEM
THE OBSESSED
IRON MAIDEN
SODOM

????

You should read the book 'Lucifer Rising' by Gavin Baddeley 1999. A great read for anyone into Death, or thrash metal. There are some great interviews with people like Glenn Danzig, Glen Benton, Boyd Rice, and people like King Diamond. There's also a bit about The Stones, and lots on the likes of Crowley and Kenneth Anger, then maybe you've already read it. Anyways, it's published through Plexus Books. More than half the book is dedicated to the metal bands like Mayhem and Mercyful Fate.
06-17-03 12:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot To me, metal always began and ended with Motorhead.

Queens of the Stoneage are pretty good.

For the most part though, metal all sounds the same to me. I can't tell the different bands apart.

Isn't there a new genre of metal where white guys rap over it? That is REALLY uninteresting.
06-17-03 04:27 PM
steel driving hammer I'm glad I never got into Iron Maiden.

They're British right?

Are they still rolling?
06-19-03 07:23 AM
Zeeta The Clash...best best best band!

EVERYONE should possess London Calling - it's their Exile!

You gotta love this line from Strummer:

"Nembutol numbs it all

But I prefer alcohol"

Enter the Horns!!!!

WOO
06-19-03 01:12 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I'm glad I never got into Iron Maiden.

They're British right?

Are they still rolling?

Oh Steelie my brother... I did't know that you hate them.....
I know something from Iron Maiden and I like most musics....But I only have "The Number of the Beast", the debut album with Bruce Dickinson...... I have other music but in MP3

Some time ago, I used to wish death for those guys, but after some learning, I really enjoy them....I'm not a fan actually, but I like it!
06-19-03 01:24 PM
steel driving hammer I don't really hate Iron Maiden.

When I was in high school I thought the guys in the Iron Maiden concert shirts were way cooler than I was. But it turns out, those long haired dope smoking maggots are still living at home or working at Taco Bell.

So I decided to hang out w/ those guys back then. I might of not stayed w/ the Stones you see.

06-19-03 01:59 PM
Dan Man I LOVE Iron Maiden. Their 1999 show at the Greek Theatre I would place even above the Stones as my favorite show of 1999. The write good songs, perform them flawlessly on stage and really give 110%. Good stage show too.
06-19-03 02:06 PM
J.J.Flash So you should buy the double DVD set of Iron Maiden at Rock in Rio III, man, I don't have this precious yet, but everybody tells this is perfect, really. Trust me!
Regards!
06-19-03 02:17 PM
Gazza along with the Stones:
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Elvis

then (in an approximate chronological order)
Neil Young
The Beatles
The Clash
The Who
Johnny Cash
Lou Reed
Frank Sinatra
The Beach Boys
Warren Zevon
Tom Waits
Patti Smith
Bob Marley
Carlene Carter
The Doors
Hank Williams
Howlin' Wolf
Ryan Adams
David Bowie
Prince
CCR/John Fogerty
Van Morrison
U2
Joe Ely
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Southside Johnny
The Temptations
Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Steve Earle
Al Green
Chuck Berry
REM
Jimmy Cliff
Four Tops
Oasis
Jerry Lee Lewis
Aretha Franklin

thats about 40,which is enough for now!
06-19-03 02:54 PM
J.J.Flash Oh Gazza, how could you miss Eric Clapton and Cream? Don't you really like him?

Well, I will write a short list for a while......not in a specific order.....

* AC/DC;
* Cream;
* Eric Clapton (after his 60's bands);
* Deep Purple;
* Rainbow;
* Whitesnake;
* Jimi Hendrix (mainly Experience group);
* Black Sabbath;
* Iron Maiden;
* Dio;
* Alice Cooper;
* Stevie Ray Vaughan;
* B.B.King;
* Buddy Guy;
* Yardbirds;
* John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers;
* Beatles (some stuff);
* Johnny Rivers;
* Frank Sinatra;
* Santana (before his 2 last albuns);
* Chuck Berry;
* Jerry Lee Lewis;
* Humble Pie;
* George Thorogood;
* Aerosmith (almost only 70's material);
* Bad Company;
* Lynard Skynard;
* Thin Lizzy;

Of course in the list above, there are many I don't know/have much material (songs, albums), anyway, I enjoy them.

06-19-03 03:53 PM
J.J.Flash Holy Cow, how can I forget to mention:

* Creedence Clearwater Revival;
* Jeff Beck;
* Rod Stewart/Faces;
* Judas Priest;

Actually, my list stands for great bands I really like, but the "Top 5" would be:

1- Rolling Stones;
2- AC/DC;
3- Cream;
4- Jimi Hendrix;
5- Deep Purple;

Of course this could change, but the number one, well they will never change in my list.
06-19-03 07:02 PM
stewed & Keefed The Mothers
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003