ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE BIG SECRET Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
17th June 2004 10:38 AM
jb Gazza, can you consult w/ Stonesdoug and Colorado Keno and verify the authenticity and veracity of these statements? Thanks and good luck to England in the World Cup!!! Go Pele!!!
17th June 2004 10:44 AM
ThatsWhatISay Maybe the admin should check out his IP. Maybe it's someone who was already active on this board, changed the nick and wants to fool us. And you could see from which provider in which country the poster connected. If connected via AOL from the US we can be sure this post is a waste of time. Maybe he/she/it is dumb enough to forget about what IP's can reveal :-)

Just to be sure that this post is rubbish...Although it's almost proved as I think.
17th June 2004 10:55 AM
jb I don't get that impression...it seemed very sincere...It could be a real insider ..
17th June 2004 11:01 AM
F505 A very unlikely story... I will bet ten bottles of wine it is not true
17th June 2004 11:17 AM
Main Offender Please check out who this person is. I'm in fact the king of France. (Do they have kings? Well, they do now and I'm him.)
17th June 2004 11:44 AM
Angiegirl >Bill Wyman has agreed to play bass...

Yawn...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
17th June 2004 11:48 AM
Monkeytonkman Whats that smell?

Is it sheep?
Is it Pig?

no, I'm pretty sure its bullshit!!
17th June 2004 12:06 PM
mickmask Tom said over on MJ.com that his friends father is a sound technician in the studio they're recording in , in Paris right now. This apparently, is how he gets the inside scoop!
I'm just saying.....
mm.
17th June 2004 12:14 PM
Joey

Bill Wyman will NEVER perform with the Stones again .

Joey will leave now to go take a pee .

J.
17th June 2004 12:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
ThatsWhatISay wrote:
Maybe the admin should check out his IP. Maybe it's someone who was already active on this board, changed the nick and wants to fool us. And you could see from which provider in which country the poster connected. If connected via AOL from the US we can be sure this post is a waste of time. Maybe he/she/it is dumb enough to forget about what IP's can reveal :-)

Just to be sure that this post is rubbish...Although it's almost proved as I think.

Damn...a full blown investigation into the matter!!!!! And some posters think this ain't SERIOUS SHIT!!!!!
17th June 2004 01:36 PM
Main Offender I told you, I'm the King of France. The Stones had dinner at my castle last night then I threw them out.
17th June 2004 02:58 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
mickmask wrote:
Tom said over on MJ.com that his friends father is a sound technician in the studio they're recording in , in Paris right now. This apparently, is how he gets the inside scoop!
I'm just saying.....
mm.

The mystery studio that no one in Paris has ever heard of? Yeah, right.
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
17th June 2004 03:00 PM
Gazza >Tom said over on MJ.com that his friends father is a sound technician in the studio they're recording in , in Paris right now. This apparently, is how he gets the inside scoop!

er..yeah, but the slight flaw in that argument is that theyre NOT recording in Paris "right now". They havent been spotted in Paris (which is most unusual) and Ronnie has been in England much of the week

And no one has yet explained the logic of why a journalist with an "exclusive" would choose to publish the news for nothing on a Stones message board instead of going to the press with what would be, were it true, a considerable "scoop" - especially after only a few minutes earlier saying that it was too risky for him to do anything more than drop a few hints about the story.
17th June 2004 03:02 PM
Bloozehound Shee-aat, this sounds like some schnerious schnizzle drizzle, better OT the Stones fo wizzle in Franciscal like popsickle crizzle.
17th June 2004 03:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And no one has yet explained the logic of why a journalist with an "exclusive" would choose to publish the news for nothing on a Stones message board instead of going to the press with what would be, were it true, a considerable "scoop" - especially after only a few minutes earlier saying that it was too risky for him to do anything more than drop a few hints about the story.

Goddammit! Why are people so FUCKING cynical? A baby believes anything you tell it. And they ain't stupid. The guy takes the time out of his day to update on a little blurb he has and you're ready to take him to Golgotha?
17th June 2004 03:21 PM
Monkey Woman I went to www.mickjagger.com and read the boards. In fact, the guy doesn't say they are in Paris "right now", but he implies that they are, have been or will be recording in Paris. The "will be" is still a possibility, but then how could his dad, or anyone who work there, have listened to the tracks yet???

And I agree with Gazza that posting anything like a return of Bill Wyman on a fan board, if one is a journalist, just doesn't make sense.

As StonesTod posted on iorr.org, "the possibility that Wyman is on the album is there only from the extent that his original lines would be there from Steel Wheels (or earlier) leftovers. Other than that - I totally agree with Gazza and Ulf - this is total BS....and that ain't short for Brown Sugar...."

Well said!

Oh, and on mj.com, the same guy is pontificating on all sorts of subjects (Mick's movies, Lizzie & Sean, L'wren Scott...) and getting lots of attention and well-wishing. Exactly like the guy wanted, obviously! MJ.com's board is even crazier than RO (!) and people are not very difficult when someone tickles their fancy.
17th June 2004 03:23 PM
jb Ulf and Bjourn....please explain...
17th June 2004 03:25 PM
Gazza Babies ARE fucking stupid, TTM.

"Updating us on a little blurb" he has or inventing/passing on stuff that has little fact behind it when examined closely and logically? I know which side of the argument I'm leaning towards....

Maybe youd feel better reading and believing inaccurate stories posted here only to have your hopes dashed later on when youve been hoaxed.

If what he's said is true - great, thanks for posting. If its not, hes wasting my time and everyone else's.
17th June 2004 03:28 PM
Bloozehound I suspect it's poppycock myself
17th June 2004 03:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This Wyman hating stuff has just gone overboard. I mean if you hadn't noticed he IS the Rolling Stones bass player. This is almost getting as ridiculous as Mike Love touring as the Beach Boys.
17th June 2004 03:30 PM
Gazza >Oh, and on mj.com, the same guy is pontificating on all sorts of subjects (Mick's movies, Lizzie & Sean, L'wren Scott...) and getting lots of attention and well-wishing. Exactly like the guy wanted, obviously!

For a "journalist" whos "not much of a Stones fan" hes a busy guy on the boards!!!
17th June 2004 03:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Babies ARE fucking stupid, TTM.

Speak for your own. NOT in my family they ain't.
17th June 2004 03:31 PM
Monkey Woman Wasn't TTM sarcastic?
Tom Blackwell, info martyr, obviously craves going up on the Golgotha!
17th June 2004 03:34 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
This Wyman hating stuff has just gone overboard. I mean if you hadn't noticed he IS the Rolling Stones bass player. This is almost getting as ridiculous as Mike Love touring as the Beach Boys.

Uh? He WAS the Rolling Stones bass player. It's not hating Bill to say he doesn't want to go back, he said so himself several times. Each time he gives an interview, in fact!
17th June 2004 03:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Uh? He WAS the Rolling Stones bass player.

Well I suppose that kind of depends on how one perceives "time". Time doesn't necessarily move "forward."
17th June 2004 03:39 PM
Gazza >This Wyman hating stuff has just gone overboard.

I dont hate Wyman by any stretch of the imagination. I would doubt any Stones fan does. I have tremendous respect for him, not least for having the backbone to quit when he didnt want to do it anymore instead of taking the money and staying. But he chose to leave. He no longer likes the band's music - he has gone on record as saying so. Why should the Stones ask someone to rejoin their band who dislikes their music? To me, that would totally defeat the purpose.

> I mean if you hadn't noticed he IS the Rolling Stones bass player.

er....he isnt. Last time I looked. And he hasnt been for about 12 years. When the Stones signed their contract with Virgin, he refused to sign it and officially left just over a year later.

and as for babies....I dont have any, but while I'm sure your kids may be intelligent, its only in comparison to other babies. I doubt too many have mastered thermonuclear physics or can recite pi to several places.
17th June 2004 03:42 PM
jb TTM =MotherBaby+baby macky
17th June 2004 04:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
.... as for babies....I dont have any, but while I'm sure your kids may be intelligent, its only in comparison to other babies. I doubt too many have mastered thermonuclear physics or can recite pi to several places.

No, of course not. But there are some smart babies. But for some reason my family all seem to get routed into the consumerist/military/industrial complex by the lure of more & easy money. Not many Ghandi or JC types in my family.
17th June 2004 04:17 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Not many Ghandi or JC types in my family.

Terrible!
17th June 2004 04:17 PM
not bound to please
quote:

No, of course not. But there are some smart babies. But for some reason my family all seem to get routed into the consumerist/military/industrial complex by the lure of more & easy money. Not many Ghandi or JC types in my family.

They need to eat more bran.

Page: 1 2 3