ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

NME Poll Winners Awards, Wembley Empire Pool, April 11, 1965
© The Associated Newspapers Archives
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE BIG SECRET Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
17th June 2004 08:41 AM
tom_blackwell0 This will be the last time I post on this site

Bill Wyman has agreed to play bass Guitar on 5 (Five) new Rolling Stones songs which will appear on the forthcoming new album.

Virgin records are also trying to persuade Wyman to play Bass guitar on the tour which will preceed the album. It is rumoured that he has been offerd in the region of 25 million dollars to play on the tour.

Wyman was orginaly reluctant to tour. I havent been told anymore yet. However. I get the feeling that he will almost certainly want to tour after he finnishes recording.

This is so obviously a big publicity stunt by the band to sell records.
They know they will recapture the fans they lost when Wyman left and the news coverage can only help matters.

Also
Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood have written a song together which MIGHT feature in the recording sessions and Taylor is set to guest appear on the tour.

Believe me or not
Im going to work.
[Edited by tom_blackwell0]
17th June 2004 08:50 AM
Jumacfly OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17th June 2004 08:50 AM
Some Guy That is news.....?
17th June 2004 09:17 AM
Moonisup well we can't be sure, we will see after a while
17th June 2004 09:17 AM
egon
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Virgin records are also trying to persuade Wyman to play Bass guitar on the tour

what has virgin got to do with that???
17th June 2004 09:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

what has virgin got to do with that???

Money Honey...imagine how could they communicate with Bill's back and MT...a great Marketing strategy IMHO...

anyway hope you re ok fada!!
17th June 2004 09:21 AM
Nellcote Hey Blackwell, thanks for minority attempt at comedy.
I would suggest you keep your day job.
17th June 2004 09:21 AM
egon wouldn't mick & keef (charlie?) ask him?

it sounds weird. the whole thing sounds weird!
17th June 2004 09:25 AM
crb69 This could be the last time...maybe the last time I don't know! Oh NO!!!!!!
17th June 2004 09:26 AM
egon ps; the bit with the touring info, sounds familiar.
Didn’t someone post exactly the same just before the licks tour?

Sceptical Egon.
(He doesn't believe shit)
17th June 2004 09:32 AM
Gazza >They know they will recapture the fans they lost when Wyman left

I didnt realise theyd lost ANY fans after Bill left. The first post-Bill album (Voodoo Lounge) was their biggest hit album in over a decade and the tour that followed it was (and still is) the biggest grossing tour in history.

Bill doesnt like the Stones music anymore. He shouldn't be asked back or it makes him (and them) complete hypocrites.
17th June 2004 09:34 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Blackwell, thanks for minority attempt at comedy.
I would suggest you keep your day job.

Mr Blackwell wins the award for worst dressed fake insider..

17th June 2004 09:40 AM
Moonisup well it would be nice if bill came back! a lot more swing will come back in the numbers! But if it's true, we don't know, it will be the last time.

Bil has got:
'no more fear of flying'
17th June 2004 09:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>
I didnt realise theyd lost ANY fans after Bill left. The first post-Bill album (Voodoo Lounge) was their biggest hit album in over a decade and the tour that followed it was (and still is) the biggest grossing tour in history.

correct....but technically , this tour was IMHO overratted...they lost something when BW left, sound was muddy and pityful. I know many of you have really appreciate this tour, but it was my first Stones show and a big disappointement for me...

Bill doesnt like the Stones music anymore. He shouldn't be asked back or it makes him (and them) complete hypocrites.

I would be glad to see him on stage with the boys...the rythm section of our fav band is priceless, i mean this mix between rigidity and groove ...Darryl is a good player, but so predictable and boring...

to conclude: I know, it s only Marketing but I like it!!

cheers
JU
17th June 2004 09:48 AM
scratched (sniff!)

...Pigs?

(sniff!)

...Cows?

(sniff!)

No, I smell bullshit!
17th June 2004 09:50 AM
Gazza BILL WYMAN & THE RHYTHM KINGS TOUR DATES 2004 from www.billwyman.com

Date Location Country
Thursday 17th June 2004 Stadttheater, Bozen/Bolzano ITALY
Friday 18th June 2004 Komma, Wörgl AUSTRIA
Saturday 19th June 2004 Kulturzelt, Ulm GERMANY
Sunday 20th June 2004 Stadthalle, Spielberg AUSTRIA
Monday 21st June 2004 Parktheater, Kempten GERMANY
Tuesday 22nd June 2004 Hirsch, Nürnberg GERMANY
Thursday 24th June 2004 Avignon FRANCE
Friday 25th June 2004 Yukon Bike Show, Colombey Le Grand Festival, near Montreux SWITZERLAND
Saturday 26th June 2004 Verdun FRANCE
Friday 2nd July 2004 Vienna Festival, State Opera House, Vienna AUSTRIA
Saturday 3rd July 2004 Straubing GERMANY
Monday 5th July 2004 UNICEF's 50 Years Of Rock & Roll, Kings Dock Big Top Arena, Liverpool, Merseyside (Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings)
[Box Office Details & Directions] ENGLAND
Tuesday 6th July 2004 Chichester Cathedral, Chichester, West Sussex ENGLAND
Friday 9th July 2004 Americana Festival, The County Showground, Winthorpe, near Newark, Nottinghamshire
Sunday 11th July 2004 Mirande, near Toulouse FRANCE
Tuesday 13th July 2004 Pont Audemer, near Deauville FRANCE
Saturday 17th July 2004 The Event 2004, Southwark Park, London SE16
Tuesday 20th July 2004 Galway Arts Festival, Galway REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Wednesday 21st July 2004 Vicar Street, Dublin REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Friday 23rd July 2004 Eastleigh Summer Festival, Eastleigh, Southampton, Hampshire ENGLAND
Sunday 25th July 2004 Caernarfon Castle, Caernarfon, Gwynedd NORTH WALES
Friday 30th July 2004 Vaduz
Saturday 31st July 2004 Rengsdorf GERMANY
Friday 6th August 2004 Binic, Brittany FRANCE
Friday 3rd September 2004 Villeneuve Les Béziers, near Montpelier FRANCE
Wednesday 6th October 2004 Forum Theatre, Malvern, Worcestershire
Thursday 7th October 2004 Royal Festival Hall, London
Friday 8th October 2004 Opera House, Buxton, Derbyshire
Saturday 9th October 2004 Playhouse Theatre, Edinburgh
[Box Office Details & Directions] SCOTLAND
Sunday 10th October 2004 Music Hall, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
[Box Office Details & Directions] SCOTLAND
Monday 11th October 2004 City Hall, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne & Wear
Wednesday 13th October 2004 Opera House at Winter Gardens, Blackpool, Lancashire
Thursday 14th October 2004 City Hall, Hull, Humberside
Saturday 16th October 2004 The Stables, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (x2)
Wednesday 20th October 2004 Royal Court, Liverpool, Merseyside
Thursday 21st October 2004 Victoria Hall, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Friday 22nd October 2004 Fairfield Hall, Croydon, Surrey
Saturday 23rd October 2004 Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry, West Midlands
Sunday 24th October 2004 New Theatre (formerly Apollo Theatre), Oxford, Oxfordshire
Tuesday 26th October 2004 Cliffs Pavilion, Southend-on-Sea, Essex
Wednesday 27th October 2004 St David's Hall, Cardiff, South Glamorgan
[Box Office Details & Directions] WALES
Thursday 28th October 2004 The Anvil, Basingstoke, Hampshire
Friday 29th October 2004 Theatre Royal, Norwich, Norfolk
Sunday 31st October 2004 Hall For Cornwall, Truro, Cornwall
Monday 1st November 2004 Town Hall, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Tuesday 2nd November 2004 Royal Concert Hall at Royal Centre, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Friday 5th November 2004 Derngate Theatre, Northampton, Northamptonshire
Saturday 6th November 2004 International Centre, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Sunday 7th November 2004 North Wales Theatre, Llandudno, Gwynedd
[Box Office Details & Directions] WALES
Monday 8th November 2004 Swan Theatre, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

For a guy whos supposedly about to record with the Stones, he has a busy schedule for most of the rest of the year!
17th June 2004 09:52 AM
egon Stop being sceptical!!!!

FRESH INFO – JUST IN!!!

I have a grandfather who does not work, nor has ever worked for the stones.

according to his info, the stones are NOT in a studio in Paris, or in any other city for that matter.

He says that changes for a new album to come out still this year are 50/50, where as for a new tour it's something like 20/50.

He does think that mick taylor will join the band should they ask him, but only after he's done cutting my granddad’s lawn.

As for mick jagger health; my granddad is concerned.
mick doesn't seem to be very well, since lately he delivers the meals on wheels later than usual and cold.

Charlie who apparently lives next to my granddad under the fake name piet jansen, seems to be practising a lot on his drums at the moment. However, even after calling the police several times during the night, he does not want to stop. This of course is a sign that he is eager to go on tour.

Clearly something is GOING to happen (apart from my granddad’s prostate operation), but for the moment no one knows what exactly. but rest assure, my granddad will be there as the events occure!

One funny thing though, when I left he said; "Who the fuck is keith richards and… who the fuck are you?!"

not really sure what that meant, but the other info is pretty exciting wouldn't you say?

17th June 2004 09:55 AM
scratched Now this sounds more plausible.
17th June 2004 09:56 AM
egon but of course, it's my granddad!
17th June 2004 10:00 AM
scratched Does he work for a "very reputable British music magazine"? Also, how "high profile" are his contacts?

Oh get me!
17th June 2004 10:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
This will be the last time I post on this site

So what? You were doing us a favor? Should we beg for mercy and another couple of posts?

quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Virgin records are also trying to persuade Wyman to play Bass guitar on the tour which will preceed the album. .

Wyman hates to fly. It's one of the reasons he gave for quitting the Stones. And how would EVER Keith let him back in?

quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
They know they will recapture the fans they lost when Wyman left and the news coverage can only help matters.

As said, I don't think the Stones lost fans due to Wyman...

quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood have written a song together which MIGHT feature in the recording sessions and Taylor is set to guest appear on the tour.

And now, the band with the two bassists, three guitarists, two singers (well) and only one, let me say, one drummer ladies and gentlemen... Pleeeeeease! This post is getting ridiculous.

quote:
tom_blackwell0 wrote:
Believe me or not

Give me one good reason why a "music critic" would come on a board, sign up, say he's got insider information, refuse to reveal it, then reveal it without much convincing efforts with his next post (the Wyman thing) and then say he's not coming back.

Amongst the ten thousand reasons why I can't wait for the next Stones album there's one called "stopping the hype". Yes, indeed, they should call it "Rumours".

And by the way, I ONLY trust Egon's grandad lol
[Edited by FotiniD]
17th June 2004 10:11 AM
Gazza tom blackwell wrote in another thread:>
100% genuine.
I have a liitle more infromation about the album which you guys will love. Im not sure wether it would be a good idea for me to say anything yet though. I must be one of only 20 people that know this secret and if it gets out. Its very easy to find out who leaked it.
Its worth waiting for guys.

so if its so risky for you to post this big secret, why did you then proceed to do exactly that a few minutes later in THIS thread?

If you were a journalist, you'd be running off with your 'exclusive' to some tabloid who'd probably pay you handsomely for such a big "scoop" rather than posting it here for nothing.

It almost sounded plausible for a few seconds until you started talking about Woody and Taylor writing a song together....
17th June 2004 10:13 AM
Gazza Fotini, you just beat me to the punch - we think alike!
17th June 2004 10:15 AM
jb I really hope this is true.
17th June 2004 10:21 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Fotini, you just beat me to the punch - we think alike!

she s as punchy as the Greece football team !!!
17th June 2004 10:22 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Fotini, you just beat me to the punch - we think alike!

Gazza, I mean really... I don't understand the kick these guys get out of spreading stupid rumours with this "I know everything and grace you with my insider info" attitude...
17th June 2004 10:22 AM
Gazza >I really hope this is true.

I dont!

Tour with someone who bitches about them and says he cant stand their music?

Christ, how desperate are we?

Good luck to Bill with his solo projects, dont get me wrong, but as far as the Stones go, he's burned his bridges. I doubt Keith would be too keen for starters.

I've no objection to Bill or Mick T etc making guest appearances when the occasion arises - in fact it'd be very nice - but theyve been out of the band - by their own choice - for 12 and 29 years respectively. Maybe Mick T will show up when asked this time, like he almost did for the soundcheck at the Astoria last year.

Enough nostalgia. Time waits for no one. Lets have a NEW Stones album full of cracking new songs showcasing the Stones in 2004.
[Edited by Gazza]
17th June 2004 10:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

she s as punchy as the Greece football team !!!

Hahaha, true enough So far the team's making us proud (and totally unexpectedly.. oops )
17th June 2004 10:24 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Enough nostalgia. Time waits for no one. Lets have a NEW Stones album full of cracking new songs showcasing the Stones in 2004.

Agree! What we need is new material and I really don't mind whether Wyman / Taylor make an appearance or not - as long as we have the Stones writing and performing great songs, that's more than enough for me!
17th June 2004 10:34 AM
Monkey Woman These precious "insiders" post here at RO because they know we have great taste in humour, of course!
Page: 1 2 3