ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones are in France ! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
3rd June 2004 01:36 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
joey,

after extensive research i can inform you that the stones
are not, repeat NOT, in (the south of) france.

** end report **

Thanks Egon .

Fix yourself a snack
3rd June 2004 01:45 PM
jb Thanks Egon...I guess it was bad intelligence.
3rd June 2004 01:47 PM
Bloozehound Breaking news times like these we must monitor the reports and weed out the facts from fiction
3rd June 2004 01:49 PM
Joey
Girl from Ipanema
( Jagger/Richards ?!?! )

" Tall and tan and young and lovely, The girl from Ipanema goes walking, And when she passes
each one she passes goes "a-a-ah!"

When she walks she's like a samba that, Swings so cool and sways so gentle, That when she passes
each one she passes goes "a-a-ah!"

Oh, but I watch her so sadly, How can I tell her I love her? Yes, I would give my heart gladly
But each day when she walks to the sea, She looks straight ahead not at Joey......................

Tall and tan and young and lovely, The girl from Ipanema goes walking, And when she passes
I smile, but she doesn't see, She just doesn't see, No she doesn't see young Joey .............................."

Developing ..................................

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Bercee !

3rd June 2004 02:42 PM
parmeda
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
OMG!!!!!! Do they need a girl to make coffees and breakfast while they discuss touring and recording plans?

A wonderful fairytale place AND the Stones. What more can you need?

That settles it, then!
You do the coffee & I'll do the deep oil massages!
3rd June 2004 04:02 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Julian, President Bush isn't noted for falling asleep. He's vigorous.

No, he's more noted for falling off his bike!

OK, OK, just kidding, folks. I'm not going to criticize the guy who happens to be USA's boss today, because this week we are celebrating all that this country did for Europe 60 years ago. So for courtesy's sake, Mr Bush and every American citizen is welcome for a few days in our country. And don't let's forget the troops from Canada, UK, and even Australia and New Zealand. It was truly a world war.

Now back to the Stones front!

Friends who live near Fourchette report that everything has been calm for a few days. Mick is at home but no report of seeing the other Stones in the village or the country nearby. It doesn't mean much because the mansion is big and has extensive grounds surrounded by high walls. If that's where they are, they must stay inside, hopefully in Mick's home studio...

More to come probably in the week-end, when they are rumored to hit Paris...
3rd June 2004 04:05 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

No, he's more noted for falling off his bike!

OK, OK, just kidding, folks. I'm not going to criticize the guy who happens to be USA's boss today, because this week we are celebrating all that this country did for Europe 60 years ago. So for courtesy's sake, Mr Bush and every American citizen is welcome for a few days in our country. And don't let's forget the troops from Canada, UK, and even Australia and New Zealand. It was truly a world war.

Now back to the Stones front!

Friends who live near Fourchette report that everything has been calm for a few days. Mick is at home but no report of seeing the other Stones in the village or the country nearby. It doesn't mean much because the mansion is big and has extensive grounds surrounded by high walls. If that's where they are, they must stay inside, hopefully in Mick's home studio...

More to come probably in the week-end, when they are rumored to hit Paris...

Please stop stalking the "Rolling Stones".

Thank you!

3rd June 2004 04:44 PM
Monkey Woman Stop stalking the Stones? Hell, no!

Oh, and Demon Life posted not long ago on GaxX3 that according to his source, Keith is in France too. Even better, he's there to work on songs with Mick. More to come...
3rd June 2004 04:58 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Oh, and Demon Life posted not long ago on GaxX3 that according to his source, Keith is in France too. Even better, he's there to work on songs with Mick. More to come...

Just out of curiousity, where did DL get his info from ?

I didn't notice anything about a "source" in the said post.

[Edited by Bloozehound]
3rd June 2004 04:58 PM
Jacques Great Bootcover
for your pic. Mine is not so good, but a bit different.
Here we go.

3rd June 2004 05:00 PM
Bloozehound that's a nice fuk'n spread Micks got there, beautiful place.
3rd June 2004 05:00 PM
Monkey Woman He didn't say, Blooze. Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp?M=111764&P=0&T=111764
3rd June 2004 05:01 PM
Joey
Thanks Jacques
3rd June 2004 05:02 PM
Gazza If you save the above photo and then zoom in it a few times, you can see Charlie relaxing by the pool on the bottom left of the screen..

Honest
3rd June 2004 05:11 PM
Jacques Hi again
I have a reliable source, and I can say here they are. At least they were here yesterday.
And they often like to have fireworks. Good for neighbours who have fireworks only on July 14th.
[Edited by Jacques]
3rd June 2004 05:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
beer wrote:
Egon, a moat is a trench filled with water that surrounds the castle. it's purpose is to keep out bad stuff, such as robbers, murderers, pillagers, tramps, and Elton John.

Now that is funnier than a redneck in a tuxedo!
3rd June 2004 05:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Great Bootcover
for your pic. Mine is not so good, but a bit different.
Here we go.

What a dump...when did Mick settle for low income housing? That place cant have more than 35 bedrooms could it?
3rd June 2004 05:23 PM
Jacques This mansion was built in 18th century.
"Only" 12 rooms, a 20 Ha park (I don't know in square yards), a wineyard and a chapel. 3 years to restaur it. Jerry and Mick lived there about 3 months a year before their divorce.
[Edited by Jacques]
3rd June 2004 05:57 PM
caro I used to study not far from there...One of my teacher says Mick once turned up at the local "f�te de la courge" (oh god, how does one translate that? The local marrow fest, or something like that). Stayed a bit, chatted with the peasants, grinned and left. I thought that was kind of a cool story...

By the way, MW: I think 'Demon Life' is the 'Shine a light' who was banned here some time ago. Yuck!
3rd June 2004 07:58 PM
Bloozehound Also from gasx3

scroll down 3/4 the page for the "sources"

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/199315p-172054c.html
4th June 2004 12:27 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Also from gasx3

scroll down 3/4 the page for the "sources"

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/199315p-172054c.html

Thanks, but in fact it was posted before by Doug at Shidoobee. DL said it was personal info and that he hadn't seen it in the media yet.

http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp?M=111897&P=111895&T=111764
4th June 2004 12:36 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
caro wrote:
I used to study not far from there...One of my teacher says Mick once turned up at the local "f�te de la courge" (oh god, how does one translate that? The local marrow fest, or something like that). Stayed a bit, chatted with the peasants, grinned and left. I thought that was kind of a cool story...

By the way, MW: I think 'Demon Life' is the 'Shine a light' who was banned here some time ago. Yuck!

Cool story, Caro! Mick also goes in town sometimes to buy wine, taking time to chat with the shop's owner and some locals who happen by there.

P.S. I don't know about DL really. Sometimes, someone is banned from one board but is happy to stay at another without upsetting people.
4th June 2004 12:37 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
beer wrote:
Egon, a moat is a trench filled with water that surrounds the castle. it's purpose is to keep out bad stuff, such as robbers, murderers, pillagers, tramps, and Elton John.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is funnier than a redneck in a tuxedo!

beer is a very funny man whose wicked sense of humour is often under-rated or goes un-noticed

as an aside - given the sometimes erratic nature of the post counter i wonder will this be my 2000th post - it shouldn't be as my last read 1998 but then so do my last three posts
4th June 2004 01:26 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Thanks, but in fact it was posted before by Doug at Shidoobee. DL said it was personal info and that he hadn't seen it in the media yet.

Thanks for the heads up MW & keep keeping us posted

p.s. I was just curious about that DL/Shine a Light and their "sources", they seem to be questionable
[Edited by Bloozehound]
4th June 2004 01:43 AM
beer Thanks SIA. those are very kind words and i appreciate them.

right now, i would like to tell everyone a story: sometimes, when i'm feelin down and out, i recollect all the good memories that i have from this place. for i hold these memories sacred. all the good times all of us have shared. i hold them close, and cherish the memories. i have a pocketfull of memories! and i reach in that pocket and recall them.

WAIT!!!!

those aren't memories in my pocket! That's just my dong!
4th June 2004 02:19 AM
IanBillen
Well we know StonesDoug from Shadoobie and The Dailey Mirror
posted the same exact information right down to the word. I wonder who got the info from who? Anyone know?
Ian
4th June 2004 02:36 AM
UGot2Rollme quite a nice spread Mick's got there... he should thank us all for helping him afford it! I think I've paid for at least a few bricks...
4th June 2004 04:34 AM
F505

always nice to see that our money is well spend
4th June 2004 04:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:

always nice to see that our money is well spend

LOL!!
4th June 2004 05:43 AM
Gazza >Cool story, Caro! Mick also goes in town sometimes to buy wine, taking time to chat with the shop's owner and some locals who happen by there.

I've heard that one as well. One guy I heard of hung around the mansion for ages hoping to see Mick and then ended up bumping into him quite by chance in the local supermarket
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6