ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones are in France ! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
8th June 2004 02:43 AM
IanBillen
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

They might be rehearsing before they record... Maybe...
If we knew at least whether they've booked a studio or not... We could send spies out there

Yes I see there. Hmmmm. Although I doubt they would actually rehearse before they record an album though. Rehersing always comes last while it is still fresh in your head and body. That's the process. Studio booking huh? Yes I wonder myself at that. I'd love it if they recorded some stuff at Mick's. Lots of rooms for lot's of different possibilities. Also they all would feel right at home and this would enable them to function as a whole band for a more of a group effort.
Maybe we should all pitch in for a Private Investigator lol
This calls for it eh.
Ian
8th June 2004 05:20 AM
Monkey Woman I wouldn't scrutinize to closely the words in the little Metro article. It's not a music mag, and as they give it for free, they must not take a lot of time to get the correct words!

But it's interesting that Ronnie says he's in Paris working with the Stones because the same info was posted not long ago at Gasx3, courtesy of Richard B. Read it here:

http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp?M=112663&P=0&T=112663
8th June 2004 05:58 AM
patriceg Well the Stones may be at La Fourchette but THEY ARE NOT IN PARIS AT THE MOMENT and THEY ARE NOT AT THE GUILLAUME TELL STUDIOS.
8th June 2004 06:10 AM
egon my intelligence says mick is in amsterdam...
8th June 2004 06:14 AM
Monkey Woman I think they are playing games with our heads! Easy enough!!!

No, the other possibility is that Mick has mastered the art of ubiquity...
8th June 2004 06:32 AM
caro In the meantime, a black panther was seen lurking in the cliffs near Marseille. If that's not a sign, what is?
(Huh? No, there's no relation. Just trying to divert attention from our failed intel system)
8th June 2004 07:30 AM
egon yeah i heard about that panther. crazy shit!
8th June 2004 12:05 PM
Joey
quote:
caro wrote:
In the meantime, a black panther was seen lurking in the cliffs near Marseille. If that's not a sign, what is?
(Huh? No, there's no relation. Just trying to divert attention from our failed intel system)

Thanks So Much Caro !
8th June 2004 12:24 PM
Monkey Woman And a D-Day veteran who got lost on his way back from Sunday's commemorations received a surprise lift back to Paris - from French President Jacques Chirac.

New Zealander Keith Coleman, 86, found himself stranded at a remote airfield after boarding a bus with other veterans after ceremonies in Normandy.

He told a newspaper he was befriended by an "important looking guy wearing gold braid" who said he could help.

Mr Coleman found himself invited to fly back on Mr Chirac's official jet.

He said a cavalcade pulled up in front of two Gulfstream Jets and Mr Chirac got out.

"He came over... I snapped to attention and gave him a little salute... he put his arm around me," he told Britain's Guardian newspaper.

"He said he would be happy for me to travel in one of the aeroplanes and gave instructions that I was to be driven to the door of my hotel."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3787777.stm

I don't like Chirac but it's a cool story!
8th June 2004 12:28 PM
jb Chirac's wife is hideous, but I'm sure his mistress' are beautiful...the French are way ahead of us on those issues!!!
8th June 2004 01:13 PM
Monkey Woman Up to now, no Stones sightings in Paris. Nothing from the Four Seasons/George V hotel or the Guillaume Tell studios.
Mick was in his mansion of Fourchette last week (possibly with other Stones because some Stones employees bought gear in a music store nearby; there was also a party with fireworks at the mansion: Ronnie and Charlie's b-days?)
Now Mick may be in Amsterdam or Paris, or wherever it takes his fancy! Amsterdam is an hour's flight from Paris, anyway. He can go and be back within the day.

There's the matter of things stated by Charlie last month in Jazzwise, Ronnie yesterday in the London paper Metro, and now Darryl Jones last week-end in Dallas, according to "gooseman" at the RSFC message board. I copy it here:

"I got to sit in with Darrel Jones and learn a few awsome bass riffs.I had a wonderfull conversation with him for at least half an hour.
I did ask him about the 05 tour.He said (quote) I sure hope so! i love touring with them. He also said he has no word from the band except to try to keep his schedgule open.They will be calling soon to let him know when and where to show up for rehersals."

http://www.rollingstones.com/members/community/mboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=67291&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Still there are lots of rumours around. When I said they were playing games on us... Here's a caveat posted by Keno on his board today:

quote:
You will notice that I have stopped reporting a lot on this because even the closest info from the band, which I do still get, turns out not to be true. It is sometimes planted by the Stones themselves, and I don't like that shit even from them. So I've stop reporting it.

So, we must take all this buzz with a grain of salt. Something seem to be happening, indeed, but the Stones have gotten better at hiding behind a smokescreen of rumours!
8th June 2004 01:43 PM
FOURCHETTE WELL DONE Monkey Woman,

This is superbly summed up !
By the way, what's the English for "blaireau" ??
8th June 2004 01:45 PM
MikeyC613 Oh we're waiting... Oh we're waiting...

Waiting for the Stones to come out of somewhere...
8th June 2004 05:03 PM
Lady P Read on a forum...

Subject: New Stones Information
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 2004
New Stones Information

"First, thank you for all the "thank you" emails I have recieved.

As we know the Mick, Keith and Ronnie are all in Paris. Charlie will be arriving closer to studio time.

There have been close to 100 bits and pieces of songs recorded over the Licks Tour and some 30+ finished but need proper recording. Mick and Keith are writing together for the first time in many years so there may be some treats on the album. The double album rumor is just that. At this stage there is no telling how long the tour will last, but it will be a large tour and not smaller than any of the last few. The group is also looking quite far ahead as they are considering preperation for an after tour album as well. Once again this is only a thought on the groups part and not a final decision.

I am in France and will be sending more information in about a week."

8th June 2004 05:06 PM
Lady P The forum is (serious or not ?) :

http://www.keno.org/gasland/post.asp
8th June 2004 05:06 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
WELL DONE Monkey Woman,

This is superbly summed up !
By the way, what's the English for "blaireau" ??

Badger!
8th June 2004 10:07 PM
Soldatti They were on England last week, France the weekend and Netherlands now.
It looks like a holiday tour for me...
[Edited by Soldatti]
8th June 2004 11:41 PM
corgi37 That Chirac story was cool. But, wasnt the old boy an Aussie? I saw the report on the news this morning, and the old fella had a Aussie flag. His accent sounded like ours too, but that doesnt mean much. Nice story though.
9th June 2004 02:58 AM
Lady P Dear Soldatti,

I read Mick was in France last week (before he was in England I suppose).
The planet is their garden.
9th June 2004 06:38 AM
L&A
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Badger!

MW, do you know "Badger & Parker" (Editions Dupuis) ? It's for me one of the best comic strip from the last 2 years

NSC
9th June 2004 06:50 AM
Monkey Woman No, I didn't know that one. I'll have to check!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6