ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones are in France ! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
4th June 2004 05:54 AM
FOURCHETTE Hello everybody...Hope you have slept well...

This MONDAY, boys....This MONDAY....

Are you ready ?
4th June 2004 07:02 AM
FotiniD
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
Hello everybody...Hope you have slept well...

Are you ready ?

What have I lost? What have I lost? What is going to happen on Monday?
I mean, they're supposed to all be together through the weekend, but other than that...?
4th June 2004 07:03 AM
FotiniD
quote:
parmeda wrote:

That settles it, then!
You do the coffee & I'll do the deep oil massages!

Alright Parmeda, but you'll allow me the relaxing late-night dancing routines lol
4th June 2004 08:04 AM
caro LOL! The castle pics seem to have turned y'all on

And you're right about DL, MW. I didn't mean to stir any sh*t.
4th June 2004 08:40 AM
corgi37 So Mick has a little pad in Fourchette. Isnt a fourchette a vaginal piercing? One that goes through the hood of the (apparently women have them) clit. Now, if so, aint that really the coolest fucking thing!
4th June 2004 08:45 AM
egon
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

What have I lost? What have I lost? What is going to happen on Monday?
I mean, they're supposed to all be together through the weekend, but other than that...?

monday i'll be back at work. that's what's happening.
(this should be in the FU thread...)
4th June 2004 08:48 AM
Jumacfly Egon : are we stil having a beer with Ronnie tommorow night??
hope i ll be ok for monday..

the pleasure of being in France with the Stones, great
4th June 2004 08:52 AM
egon i feel very special
4th June 2004 09:16 AM
LadyJane
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Alright Parmeda, but you'll allow me the relaxing late-night dancing routines lol

Oh Hell..I'm sure there is plenty of WORK to spread around amongst all of the RO ladies!!

When do we leave for France???!!!

LJ.
4th June 2004 09:27 AM
egon you should see it for yourself lj, it is truley amazing over here. I's like there's magic in the air and people just can't stop talking about our boys. All in all very Electrifying!
4th June 2004 09:33 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Oh Hell..I'm sure there is plenty of WORK to spread around amongst all of the RO ladies!!

When do we leave for France???!!!

LJ.

With the weekend closing in, I can't picture any better way to spend it Let's book a private jet ladies!

Of course, it's all ONLY for the sake of a great next Stones album Really!
4th June 2004 09:48 AM
Jumacfly Come on RO ladies, we re waiting for you!!!!!!!!
4th June 2004 12:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Come on RO ladies, we re waiting for you!!!!!!!!

4th June 2004 02:41 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

beer is a very funny man whose wicked sense of humour is often under-rated or goes un-noticed

as an aside - given the sometimes erratic nature of the post counter i wonder will this be my 2000th post - it shouldn't be as my last read 1998 but then so do my last three posts

Nope SIA, it looks like you gotta party like it's 1999!

The anticipation builds!
4th June 2004 04:19 PM
Gazza A source of ours in France confirms that a friend in Tours has confirmed that the Stones were indeed at La Fourchette and that their technicians were buying "material" at local music shops in Tours.
4th June 2004 04:54 PM
Bob Tamp it's about fucking time!!!

LETS ROCK
4th June 2004 05:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Good news. I want...1. A great album, if only just to close the mouths of the naysayers 2. Smarty Jones to win the TC tomorrow.
4th June 2004 05:11 PM
Mikey I wonder if Mick is going to charge them to stay at his place like Keith did when the band stayed at his villa during the EOMS sessions.
4th June 2004 05:37 PM
Bloozehound Dude, do you know how much they reportedly spent on booze alone each week ? Never mind the food, smack & monthly rental charge of the villa. .
5th June 2004 05:16 AM
Jacques Hi all
I hope I'll hear the music in my home in Limoges (220 km far)!!!!!
Here is the map with Fourchette and D Day areas

5th June 2004 08:36 AM
Lady P Il semble bien qu'ils soient en France, "au ch�teau". Leurs techniciens auraient "d�valis�" un magasin de musique de Tours en mat�riels divers (cordons, cordes, etc.). Transfert sur Paris (Suresnes?) pr�vu...
5th June 2004 08:58 AM
montana hey jacques you should take a ride and visit the surrounding area over the weekends and keep us informed

lour
5th June 2004 10:34 AM
parmeda
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Fair enough!
But...do you have a pole? I do, and do you think I could drag it past airport security?
5th June 2004 11:16 AM
nankerphelge Well, good to hear all is well in France.
We expect good things gents -- not Charlie sittin' his ass alone in a studio!!

The weather at the Open looked beautiful (thought I saw Jerri Hall in the crowd at the womens' final), and the images from the D-day thang looked so impressive -- the cemetary especially -- like Arlington National here in DC -- just so stark and surrounded by beauty!

Anyhow, wonder what the atmosphere is like amongst the band???!!!!
I hope they procured some fine wine and "equipment" (is that what they call it now). Keith needs his equipment.

I've been bashing on the guitar lately.
Boy I suck bad, let me tell ya!
I don't understand how you can use a guitar, in concert, for 2 hours, and not have your left hand cramp up. I play for 10-15 minutes and my hand is so tite, I should audition for them fisting movies -- I could be the Fistmaster!!

How does Keith do it?

And the chords -- I can finally hit the strings I am supposed to hit -- but how on Earth can you avoid the others?

How does Keith do it?

[Edited by nankerphelge]
5th June 2004 06:55 PM
glencar So that's where the castle is! Thanks for the map, Jacques. The French Open Final was a bit disappointing. Dementieva couldn't serve her way out of a paper bag. Russia done come a long way though!
5th June 2004 08:06 PM
LadyJane Thanks for the map, INDEED!!!

I'm sitting here with my best friend, Stones Sister Bonita, and she has a close friend who lives outside of Paris!! He also owns a chain of hotels. So...guess what???

We met together Mick 25 years ago, and we know a lot more now than we did then

So...if LJ disappears from the Board...she may be in Fourchette with Mick!!!!!

Printing the map as we speak!!

Calling the "friend" as we speak!!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
5th June 2004 08:32 PM
gotdablouse Why would they have their techs buy stuff in Tours if they're going to be recoding in Paris...isn't their a full blown studio in Mick's castle as seen in "Being Mick"?

Anyway I'm on hand to drive to Suresnes on Monday ;-)
6th June 2004 02:01 AM
IanBillen
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
Hello everybody...Hope you have slept well...

Are you ready ?

Like we said, What happens Monday?
Ian
6th June 2004 02:32 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Why would they have their techs buy stuff in Tours if they're going to be recoding in Paris...isn't their a full blown studio in Mick's castle as seen in "Being Mick"?

Anyway I'm on hand to drive to Suresnes on Monday ;-)

In fact, the guys bought a load of accessories: guitar strings, electrical cords, etc. It's obviously the sign of intense activity in Mick's home studio, but is it him recording demos on his own to show them to Keith later, or he and Keith working together, we don't exactly know. Mick is at home, that's sure, but the others are very discreet, if they are here.

Anyway, there have been hints of the Stones going in the studio together on Monday. Some French fans are going to Suresnes tomorrow afternoon and look for themselves. If the Stones do come to Guillaume Tell studio again, they'll post it soon afterwards. So, stay tuned!
6th June 2004 05:04 PM
luxury1 Good work over there MonkeyWoman, et al.

Keep us posted!!
THe excitement is building over here in NY as I read this thread. Especially since it seems that nankerphelge is back in form....

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6