ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Jerry Fallwell Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
16th May 2007 06:10 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Been reading more about the guy. Seems like he was a Jesse Jackson/Lou Farakhan type for uptight whitey geeks. But I don't really know for sure, as I don't follow the religion industry and my Ecclesiastical Law practice is limited to a few garden-variety baptism and stigmata accidents.

Falwell made some serious $$$$/green though, which I admire of anyone.

i prefer bono
16th May 2007 07:07 PM
sirmoonie I'll note that I am the only one in this thread to have condemned the arrival of the anti-Christ.
16th May 2007 07:27 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'll note that I am the only one in this thread to have condemned the arrival of the anti-Christ.

Please note, I'm the only one who worships the devil!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
16th May 2007 07:29 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

We need more girls taking pics of themselves...

16th May 2007 07:51 PM
pdog Or....

16th May 2007 07:55 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

Please note, I'm the only one who worships the devil!

shout at the devil dood
16th May 2007 07:58 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
riffy....you have been touting the anti liberal trumpet rather loud lately. it gets a bit much, don't you think? you know not all of us are the same and believe the same things as the likes of michael moore...and you have to admit it, you do heap scorn upon everyone in power who leans to the left. i disagree with 90% of everything most conservatives stand for, but i can still admit that the likes of giuliani, mccain and colin powell would make good presidents and are some of the best leaders america has to offer at the current time. can you say the same about anyone on the left?

and even you have to admit it: it is the religious right in every religion that totally fucks things up for the rest of us.

Bucky the reason that I have been "touting the anti liberal trumpet" so much lately is because of what liberal are trying to do to my country lately! It's that simple. Frankly I am not,and never have been,a fan of Jerry Falwell. However,it is disgusting to see how liberals are celebrating his death as if the man was evil incarnate. Please relate one time that you saw conservatives react similarly when a leader of the left died. Can you? Because I have racked my brain and I can't think of one time that that has happened. It says an awful lot about the kook left base,huh?

Then,of course,you've got George Soros' MoveOn.org threatening all Dem presidential candidates with retribution if they agree to appear on Fox News for a debate. What has happened since? Fox has had to cancel all Democrat debates. They planned on airing two. Funny then that Republicans had no problem appearing on the blatantly liberal MSNBC for their first debate. I guess to the radical hate filled left it matters not that Soros is the one pulling all the strings on a once great political party?!

Do you not think it's a little odd that CBS' 60 Minutes asked Mitt Rommney when he first had sex with his wife? Why do you think that question was asked Bucky? How would the leftards respond if Fox were to ask Hillary if she still sleeps with Bill? Or if they had premarital sex? How do you think the media would respond to those question when asked by Fox News?

The fact that the media is trying to destroy a Republican is nothing new. They've been doing that for years now,but now they have Soros in the darkened back room pulling strings! Dosen't that bother you even little bit? The man came right out and said,"I will buy the next president." Yet no one in the DLM bothered to report that quote! Why?

I could go on,and on. I could mention how Pelosi is now trying to bring back the Fairness Doctrine in broadcasting as a means to shut Rush Limbaugh and other conservative talk radio hosts up. Do you think this would have been considered had Air America not gone belly up?

I could also mention how this bitch is now trying to change House rules for the first time in 185 years to try and shut House Republicans up as well! What....oh sure ...here----->

"After losing a string of embarrassing votes on the House floor because of procedural maneuvering, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has decided to change the current House Rules to completely shut down the floor to the minority.

The Democratic Leadership is threatening to change the current House Rules regarding the Republican right to the Motion to Recommit or the test of germaneness on the motion to recommit. This would be the first change to the germaneness rule since 1822.

In protest, the House Republicans are going to call procedural motions every half hour."

Developing...

Hope these reasons help you understand why I am so sickened by what has happened to a once great party. This is what happens when a political party gets coopted by it's fringe base. The FAR LEFT own the Democrat Party these days. Truman is rolling over in his grave. So too is JFK!

Riffy

16th May 2007 07:59 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

shout at the devil dood

16th May 2007 08:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Do you not think it's a little odd that CBS' 60 Minutes asked Mitt Rommney when he first had sex with his wife? Why do you think that question was asked Bucky?

I know why... He was 18 and she was 15 when they first dated....
Would you let your 15 year old sister date a mormon?

a perfect example of what will happen when you mix alcohol with underage girls in a warm climate surrounded by people just about as fucked up as them...
16th May 2007 08:13 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Pdog, you are the king!!!!!!!!!!!!
16th May 2007 08:15 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

shout at the devil food

Yummy!
Yummier!
17th May 2007 12:36 AM
glencar That's hot & the chick ain't too bad either! Hey now!
17th May 2007 12:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Jane's Addiction has a song called "Pig's In Zen". There is a line in that song that goes..."Some people should die, that's just unconscious knowledge".

That line is the first thing that sprang into my head when I heard that Falwell died.

If there is a Hell, I'm sure that asshole has a special place in it. The world is a better place without that dude in it.

Remember those t-shirts and bumper stickers "The Moral Majority is Neither."? Those items came to be because of fucktards like Jerry Falwell.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
17th May 2007 12:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
17th May 2007 01:18 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Jane's Addiction has a song called "Pig's In Zen". There is a line in that song that goes..."Some people should die, that's just unconscious knowledge".

That line is the first thing that sprang into my head when I heard that Falwell died.

If there is a Hell, I'm sure that asshole has a special place in it. The world is a better place without that dude in it.

Remember those t-shirts and bumper stickers "The Moral Majority is Neither."? Those items came to be because of fucktards like Jerry Falwell.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

Jerry Falwell wasn't moral? he might have been a prig & somewhat pompous but that bumper sticker shows why the Left lost 10 out of the last 13 elections.
17th May 2007 06:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot So intolerance isn't immoral? Is racism not immoral? Is false piety not immoral? Is hypocrisy(sp?) not immoral?

Falwell was a racist, sexist, intolerant pile of stinking shit who told others to live their lives a certain way...while he lived his another.

The accumulation of wealth by preying upon people's faith is heinous, IMO. You ever hear some of the shit that guy spread to get people to call in their donations? Jerry Falwell was no better than a carnival huckster. He took advantage of stupid desperate people. That makes him immoral in my book.

OK everyone, send me a $100 so I can build a big ass water slide at my theme park. God wants you to do it. I know because he told me so last night. I know you may not be able to afford to eat anything other than Ramen noodles for the rest of the month, but that Benjamin will help bring so much joy to so many children! So send me that cash. With the addition of that water slide, attendence at the park will get a major boost and I'll rake in a pile of profit so I can build another guest complex at my estate....errrrrr, I mean we'll be able to spread more joy of Christian love to good God fearin' kids...

Jerry Falwell was a Con Man who dangled the "eternal salvation" carrot. And judging from the size of the guy's bank account...there's a shitload of rabbits out there willing to nibble.
17th May 2007 06:37 PM
pdog Jesus is a homosexual, junkie, black woman... not a rich white man!
17th May 2007 07:16 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So intolerance isn't immoral? Is racism not immoral? Is false piety not immoral? Is hypocrisy(sp?) not immoral?

Falwell was a racist, sexist, intolerant pile of stinking shit who told others to live their lives a certain way...while he lived his another.

The accumulation of wealth by preying upon people's faith is heinous, IMO. You ever hear some of the shit that guy spread to get people to call in their donations? Jerry Falwell was no better than a carnival huckster. He took advantage of stupid desperate people. That makes him immoral in my book.

No, intolerance isn't immoral. I'm not sure where that concept originated but we all have our ideas of what we can accept & "intolerance" is not the bugaboo that certain Leftists have made it out to be.

I'd like some evidence that he was racist. I'm not atlking about something from the 50's. Anything from 1980 on will suffice. Don't call someone racist just because *you* think they might be.

False piety? Do you think all piety is false? I realize you're irreligious but just because someone believes in God/Jesus/the Dali Lama/Moses doesn't make their piety false. Again, if you have evidence, it'd be nice to see.

Hypocrisy? You seem to be throwing out the usual terms today. How was he a hypocrite? Was he secretly gay? Did he pay for abortions? You obviously disagreed with his way of life but that's your problem. That ain't hypocrisy.

As for gaining money from people so he could build an amusement park, you've got him confused with Jim Bakker who actually would fit most parts of your post. I certainly would never give to someone who was a televangelist but the assumption that those who do are ill-educated pror idiots is(once again) something that you've come up with out of whole cloth. Nobody sends in money that they don't have if they can't survive w/o it. It's awfully presumptious of you to think that those who freely chose to send him money were clueless dupes. I'd say that proves your "intolerance" more than anything you posted about him. Barking doesn't equal having a point.
17th May 2007 07:17 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Jesus is a homosexual, junkie, black woman... not a rich white man!

No, Jesus was a poor Semitic man of 2000 years ago.
17th May 2007 07:35 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, Jesus was a poor Semitic man of 2000 years ago.

Who would probably have trouble getting through airport security today.
17th May 2007 07:43 PM
glencar Quite possibly. Hopefully he wouldn't be praying to Osama & requesting extra seat belt extenders...
17th May 2007 08:08 PM
Riffhard "Ok Ibrahim here's the deal you and Mohammed will pray on your knees in the gate holding area in front of the infidel passengers. Make sure you you make some reference to the global jihad while you're praying. Then Yoosef,Mahmoud,and I will sit in the exact same seating arrangment that the blessed martyrs of Allha,praise be upon him,sat in for the jihad victory on 9/11/01. Make sure that you too sit in the appropriate seats. Then we will all make various references to our blessed brother Osamma Bin Laden. Then we will all ask for seatbelt extenders which we will then place under our seats without using them. Then when we are asked to leave the plane full of cursed infidels we will get CAIR and the ACLU,Allah's prasie be upon them,to sue the airline,the airport,and the infidel passengers. This will make the cursed infidels soften their security measures so next time we can strike them even harder with Allaha's will,prasie be upon him."

Huh,yeah fuck them! It's high time for some hard core profiling and I don't give two shits if CAIR cares about it or not! It's called self preservation. 19 of the 19 highjackers on 9/11 were Arab muslim males between the gaes of 19-40. If you fit that bill in appearance you should plan on getting to the airport four to five hours before your flight. Gotta problem with that? Take it up with the fucks that killed over 3000 Americans.

Riffy
17th May 2007 08:43 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

The accumulation of wealth by preying upon people...is horrendous.

That right there is enough. I read the other part, then thought, GG....
If people want to spend their entertainment money with a religious icon, let it be. How much is spent hoping to get a better position, in hopes that, maybe, possibly, some secular entertainer will make eye contact.
People, at times, spend beyond their means or extravagantly on many things. Some more than others.

To a certain extent, everyone has some sort of weaknesses at times. Know yours and accept others, in general.

God knows I know courted controversy, enough(I like the album too!.) But I have know a lot of separatist. It is OK to be a separatist, but not OK to force another to be one. One should also not be forced to condone and/or participate in things, they feel go against their ethics. With in reason of course. I am still,of course, against cold blooded murder.

This sort of reminds me of that case concerning the 2 guys in Europe. One has placed an ad on Ebay, to eat a part of someone's body, another guy accepted. Should those 2 been allowed to carry on their consenting activity,(paid or unpaid)? Really, what was it to us if one guy wanted to do a body modification and the other wanted to have finger stew. After all, Jewish people do body modifications right after birth. So, that should not be an issue. It would have been only the consumption of "exotic" meat.......

Freud would have a field day with that .....
Beyond bizare....

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
17th May 2007 08:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes, false piety. Dude lived on a huge estate, and had a huge swollen bank account. Where did that all that money come from?

It came from people like my Mother-in-law's sister. She took out a loan to send Mr. Falwell $1000. She could not afford it, defaulted on the payments, and lost her car. Without her car, she couldn't get to work, so she lost her job. When she lost her job, she couldn't make her mortage payment...so she lost her house too. Now she bounces from family member to family member, whomever will take her in for a week or two, and all her belongings fit into a suitcase. I sure as shit hope that Falwell did something good with that $1000...and I'm sure his charities have done some good along the line. Because I can tell you, I am a witness as to how fucked up this woman's life has become. Is that all Falwell's fault? No. The woman is a moron, and no one forced her to get that loan or write that check. But Mr. Falwell was the catalyst, and shares in the blame.

Oh yeah...I forgot this one part. It's the part when she wrote to Mr. Falwell's organization asking for the money back so she could pay off the lein and get her car back. She explained the situation(I'm privvy to all this because my wife actually wrote the letter for her.), and asked for the money back. She got a polite form letter back stating that all donations are non-refundable.

How very Christian of them.

Are all of the people who send Falwell money in the same boat as my Aunt-in-law? Of course not, but I'll betcha she ain't alone...not by a long shot.

Yes, I am guilty of painting all Televangelists with the same brush. They pervert people's spiritualism and faith to fuel their own greed. If these assholes don't want painted with the same brush...then the one's who actually are doing it for the right reasons and walk it like they talk it should come down on the hucksters and con men/women and put a stop to them. If they don't try to put a stop to it, then they are giving tacit approval...and as a result are just as bad as all the rest.

Now, I'm sure that if I felt like it, or had the time to actually do it...I could sit down with Google and come up with some racist, sexist remarks that spilled out of the Rev's mouth. But to be quite honest, I'm already bored with this subject, and it wouldn't prove anything anyhow...you'd just say it was the rotten lefty media taking his comments out of context. You ain't gonna change yer mind about it, right?

So believe whatever ya want to believe. I really don't care one way or the other.

Yeah, I'm the one with the problem...sheesh.
17th May 2007 09:29 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yes, false piety. Dude lived on a huge estate, and had a huge swollen bank account. Where did that all that money come from?

It came from people like my Mother-in-law's sister. She took out a loan to send Mr. Falwell $1000. She could not afford it, defaulted on the payments, and lost her car. Without her car, she couldn't get to work, so she lost her job. When she lost her job, she couldn't make her mortage payment...so she lost her house too. Now she bounces from family member to family member, whomever will take her in for a week or two, and all her belongings fit into a suitcase. I sure as shit hope that Falwell did something good with that $1000...and I'm sure his charities have done some good along the line. Because I can tell you, I am a witness as to how fucked up this woman's life has become. Is that all Falwell's fault? No. The woman is a moron, and no one forced her to get that loan or write that check. But Mr. Falwell was the catalyst, and shares in the blame.

Oh yeah...I forgot this one part. It's the part when she wrote to Mr. Falwell's organization asking for the money back so she could pay off the lein and get her car back. She explained the situation(I'm privvy to all this because my wife actually wrote the letter for her.), and asked for the money back. She got a polite form letter back stating that all donations are non-refundable.

How very Christian of them.

Are all of the people who send Falwell money in the same boat as my Aunt-in-law? Of course not, but I'll betcha she ain't alone...not by a long shot.

Yes, I am guilty of painting all Televangelists with the same brush. They pervert people's spiritualism and faith to fuel their own greed. If these assholes don't want painted with the same brush...then the one's who actually are doing it for the right reasons and walk it like they talk it should come down on the hucksters and con men/women and put a stop to them. If they don't try to put a stop to it, then they are giving tacit approval...and as a result are just as bad as all the rest.

Now, I'm sure that if I felt like it, or had the time to actually do it...I could sit down with Google and come up with some racist, sexist remarks that spilled out of the Rev's mouth. But to be quite honest, I'm already bored with this subject, and it wouldn't prove anything anyhow...you'd just say it was the rotten lefty media taking his comments out of context. You ain't gonna change yer mind about it, right?

So believe whatever ya want to believe. I really don't care one way or the other.

Yeah, I'm the one with the problem...sheesh.

That is like saying musicians "who actually are doing it" , "should should come down on" musicians that are only selling units. I am sorry about your family member, but it was up to her to decide if she liked his "riff" Guess she did a lot. There are alot of people that go in debt for unreasonable things.

Quite, honestly, action comes down to family members. Where was the family before this act of desperation? If she had been in Vegas and had taken a loan to spend at the slots in hopes. What would have been the recourse then? BTW, I have known a private casino owner that would reach in his pocket to assist random strangers. Maybe, if she had been involved with a smaller church, she would have been better off. Do you know how many letter an evangelist would get saying "I gave you money and now my life is bad could you give it back?" They would be bombarded with such letters. There is no way each case could be investigated for truthfulness.

Did you see if she could be admitted for an addiction problem sponsored by Falwell in relations to her resources?
17th May 2007 09:37 PM
The jinn, my friend. piety

1. reverence for God or devout fulfillment of religious obligations: a prayer full of piety.
2. the quality or state of being pious: saintly piety.
3. dutiful respect or regard for parents, homeland, etc.: filial piety.
4. a pious act, remark, belief, or the like: the pieties and sacrifices of an austere life.

Piety is not the same as being austere. Matter of fact one can be austere and still have grand wealth.
Piety does not equal poor.
Austere does not equal poor.

It is not what you got, it is what you do with what you got, that makes one magnanimous and/or noble.
17th May 2007 10:31 PM
Riffhard I will not get into rehashing the positive things that Falwell did during his life,but there are many of them. For my tastes the man was a little bit too selfrightous. That being said he certainly walked the walk. He did do many good things for many people that would otherwise have not been a fan of his by outward appearances. He truly did hate sin but loved the sinner. His friendship with Larry Flynt is proof enouigh of that. Not to mention the clinics that he set up for AIDS patients and the like.

However,the thing that I always struggle with is the outright hatered that all conservatives have to deal with from the left leaning hate mongers when tragedy befalls. When Tony Snow announced he has cancer the leftarded blog sites were inundated with calls for his death! People on those sites claimed that he deserved whatever illness befell him simply becuase he was a conservative. When Reagan died thousands of liberal haters celebrated the fact and made jokes about his Alzheimers. Boy that's real compassion,huh? When Rush Limbuagh became addicted to the most addictive pain killer on the market after he underwent four seperate very painfull back surgeries. The outright hatered and glee that is always on display from the left was as sickening as it is predictable.

So again I ask. Can anyone here give me one instance of the same amount of hate and viterol directed at a liberal when they had tragedy befall them? I can not for ther life of me remember conservatives ever gleefully celebrating the death of a political rival. Not one instance. The same could never be said of liberals. They always celebrate a conservative's tragic death,illness,etc. ALWAYS!

Riffy
17th May 2007 11:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm not celebrating anything. Jerry Falwell dying does not make me happy. Doesn't break my heart either. In fact, I don't give a shit at all.

I'm just saying, they guy was a Televangelist pile of shit. He made a fortune off the backs of people's faith. If he walked it like he talked it, he'd have been living in a 2 bedroom parsonage, drive a '83 Ford Fiesta, wear Kmart suits, and go to Applebee's for a "big night out" once a month.

But that wasn't Mr. Falwell was it?

Nope.

He lived on an "estate". He traveled by private jet and limo. He wore $3000 tailored suits, and ate at the finest restaurants.

Yeah, but look at all the good he did...right? Yeah, and look at how much more he could have done with the tens of millions that he "raised". Instead of putting it into his own pocket, he coulda rebuilt 20 schools in the Katrina devestated Gulf Coast. Or he coulda built a bunch of AIDS clinics and provided the poor with AZT. He could have done almost anything. But what he chose to do is help a little...and pocket the rest. Walkin it like he talked it means that he would have been the LAST to get paid....everyone else woulda come before Jerry Falwell. But that isn't the case.

One last thing...I can't believe I'm on a rock n roll message board defending myself for slamming a pile of shit like Falwell. That's fucked up, IMO. It should be the other way around. Whatever. Sigh.

OK. I'm done. You can all flail away at me all ya want. My opinion is that Jerry Falwell was a stinking pile of shit. Your opinion may be different, more power to ya. I don't give a fuck.
17th May 2007 11:30 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm not celebrating anything. Jerry Falwell dying does not make me happy. Doesn't break my heart either. In fact, I don't give a shit at all.

I'm just saying, they guy was a Televangelist pile of shit. He made a fortune off the backs of people's faith. If he walked it like he talked it, he'd have been living in a 2 bedroom parsonage, drive a '83 Ford Fiesta, wear Kmart suits, and go to Applebee's for a "big night out" once a month.

But that wasn't Mr. Falwell was it?

Nope.

He lived on an "estate". He traveled by private jet and limo. He wore $3000 tailored suits, and ate at the finest restaurants.

Yeah, but look at all the good he did...right? Yeah, and look at how much more he could have done with the tens of millions that he "raised". Instead of putting it into his own pocket, he coulda rebuilt 20 schools in the Katrina devestated Gulf Coast. Or he coulda built a bunch of AIDS clinics and provided the poor with AZT. He could have done almost anything. But what he chose to do is help a little...and pocket the rest. Walkin it like he talked it means that he would have been the LAST to get paid....everyone else woulda come before Jerry Falwell. But that isn't the case.

One last thing...I can't believe I'm on a rock n roll message board defending myself for slamming a pile of shit like Falwell. That's fucked up, IMO. It should be the other way around. Whatever. Sigh.

OK. I'm done. You can all flail away at me all ya want. My opinion is that Jerry Falwell was a stinking pile of shit. Your opinion may be different, more power to ya. I don't give a fuck.

So I guess that means that you can't give me one example of conservatives slamming a liberal when tragedy has befallen them? Me neither. Crazy,huh?

Riffy
17th May 2007 11:33 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

So I guess that means that you can't give me one example of conservatives slamming a liberal when tragedy has befallen them? Me neither. Crazy,huh?

Riffy

They trash talk them while they are alive! And say nothing when they die!

[Edited by pdog]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)