ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Jerry Fallwell Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
15th May 2007 02:00 PM
MikeyC613 http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070515/ap_on_re_us/jerry_falwell
15th May 2007 02:06 PM
2000monkey Good riddance to bad trash!
15th May 2007 02:27 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'll never forgive him for outing Tinky Winky
15th May 2007 02:30 PM
Saint Sway One elevator, going down.
15th May 2007 02:47 PM
gimmekeef Bullshit moralist....burn in hell....oh wait...theres no such thing Jerry my boy......
15th May 2007 02:54 PM
Maxlugar

God does exist.
15th May 2007 03:04 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
One elevator, going down.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
15th May 2007 03:12 PM
Starbuck he is now resting in peace with our lord and saviour jesus christ!
15th May 2007 03:15 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
he is now resting in peace with our lord and saviour jesus christ!

[Edited by monkey_man]
15th May 2007 03:59 PM
glencar RIP Rev. Falwell.
15th May 2007 05:07 PM
monkey_man
15th May 2007 05:56 PM
Jakeb206 HOWS HELL DOWN THERE! HOPE YOU LIKE IT BITCH!
15th May 2007 06:05 PM
_Boomy_ Some of the comments here are very scholar-like.

Funny that I didn't see any of these when Saddam died! Ha!

RIP.
15th May 2007 06:21 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
15th May 2007 06:43 PM
lotsajizz Larry Flynt outlasts another one!
15th May 2007 07:21 PM
Riffhard RIP

Riffy
15th May 2007 07:32 PM
gypsy
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
he is now resting in peace with our lord and saviour jesus christ!

I think you mean Feejus.

And I hope he's getting ass-raped by a Teletubby.
15th May 2007 07:42 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves a total loser
15th May 2007 09:12 PM
pdog i never really let old Falwell bug me... From what i heard he was a nice guy, he may have stood for the opposite of what I stood for, but that's okay...
I hope now he gets to enoy hot girls! Be it heaven or hell, hopefully hot girls are where you are at!

Shine on you crazy diamond....
15th May 2007 09:33 PM
glencar Surprised by the tone of some here. As the wise Boomy noted, they didn't post the stuff when Saddam died & he actually raped & killed people.
15th May 2007 09:39 PM
lotsajizz figures ... look how disinegeuously it defends Falwell ... some Stones fan there .....
15th May 2007 09:55 PM
Riffhard It's good to see liberals gettin' their hate on!! Go libs! Go!! The Democrat Party the party of tolerance! LOL! Yeah right!!!!

Riffy

The anti-Jerry Falwell venom flowed on weblogs even before the Moral Majority founder's death was confirmed.

"I knew something had happened because I went outside and I was suddenly surrounded by Munchkins and they were singing," wrote Aaron on the joemygod blog in one of the comments that actually could be repeated.

Bob Owens of NewsBusters.org, a blog hosted by the Media Research Center, said he was not a fan of Falwell but was "quite disgusted with the pathological hatred displayed by liberal bloggers in their reactions to his death."

"Good riddens!!! (sic)" wrote joe on joemygod blog. Richard Weaver added his thoughts: "What a great way to move into the season of gay pride!!!!"

Falwell, who created the influential Liberty University, founded the Moral Majority, a movement that gave fundamentalist and evangelical Christians a voice in the U.S. political process. He was credited with helping elect Ronald Reagan. Falwell died suddenly while at his office at the university.

While dozens of U.S. leaders and organizations, including presidential candidates, were full of praise for the 73-year-old's accomplishments and legacy, the liberal blogs sang another tune.

"I won't shed a tear either, and maybe he will R.I.P … But do we have to look at such a BIG photo of him here?" wrote Joe, on the joemygod site.

"No wonder everyone is so happy and shiny faced today. I think we all should have lots of premarital (or in some other way offensive to him) sex to celebrate. Yes, I see no ill in celebrating the death of a man who has caused so much pain and suffering to others," added Copperred on the same site.

Another participant in the discussion was worried the sentiments would bring the writers into a bad light.

"While I will shed no tears either, the snarky comments make gay people seem uncaring and nasty. … I fear people will see the comments here and it will reaffirm stereotypes about gays," said Aaron (Freak4ad).

On Wonkette, a leading liberal website, was this: "At a time like this, people deserve sympathy and good wishes --- except for Falwell, who is an evil ----."

"The gates of hell swing open and Satan welcomes his beloved son," wrote John Edward's former campaign blogger Amanda Marcotte at Pandagon.

At Time's Swampland blog, "liberalrob" wrote: "Couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow … I hope he's found his just reward in the next world he loved so much; but I'm --- glad he's finally out of mine."

Steve in Sacto added a song "for the man [who] made his fame and fortune promising salvation for a donation over the teevee …"

Salvation brings a badge to wear
On the glad rags of your soul
Just keep up with the payments
and we'll make your misery whole
We've got albums of redemption and confessions on cassettes
All on easy hire from the following address…"
Still another comment: "He's dead as a doornail. Parade starts at 3 … be there!"

Goldenthroat, however, in a post on NewsBusters' forum, said it was to be expected.

"Yep, it was bound to happen – the left-coast, bleeding-heart, 'do-as-we-say-not-as-we-do' liberal media and their cronies are already ripping into Rev. Falwell's legacy," he wrote. "I can only imagine what is going to be said about him by the libs over the next several days.

"Of course, they will ignore the fact that he established a wonderful institution of higher learning at Liberty University, built homes for unwed mothers and alcoholic rehab centers, among other ministries."

And "Placebo" offered NewsBusters an explanation:

"Hatred and vilification is a leftist tenet: Christians, whether evangelical or other denominations, all are maligned by the mass-media. Falwell, of course, was used to being targeted by the media-pagans. Being Godless is camp and a necessity to be a bona fide Liberal. Their worship is that of themselves: self-anointment and self-righteousness are part and parcel, their diktat."

15th May 2007 10:03 PM
lotsajizz it's nice to see the alleged Stones fan revealing his Falwell stripes....

15th May 2007 10:04 PM
M.O.W.A.T. "RIP Jerry!"

15th May 2007 10:31 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
it's nice to see the alleged Stones fan revealing his Falwell stripes....

LOL! My god you're a fucking freak!! The man has died and librals like you can only rub your hands together in glee. You are a sick twisted hate filled man. I have no ill feeling towards Mr. Falwell nor was I a big fan of his. However,I do know that he founded many charitable orginizations for battered women,for drug addicts,and for AIDs patients. What exactly have your liberal heros done in that regard jizzstain?! What has Algore done for AIDS patients? How about Micheal Moore? Al Franken?

You libs are all the same. You hated Falwell for one thing. Because he called people out for being immoral. As I said I am no real fan,but I understand where the man came from. Even Larry Flint became friends with him. Flynt said that he found Falwell to be,"one of the most real people that I have ever met." Think anyone would ever say that about your lib heros like Michael Moore jizzbot? Go ahead though continue with your hate. It suits you to a tee.

Riffy

PS-Strike that line about libs all being the same. I have met some libs that are not hate filled pricks like you. I have learned to have a decent dialogue with BJ and with monkey man. You though have always been an asshole.
15th May 2007 10:59 PM
glencar Unbelievable! Jizzy is actually LESS charming than those idiotic bloggers cited in Riffy's post.
15th May 2007 11:44 PM
Brainbell Jangler Thanks for your positive assessment, riffy. And while I see no point in heaping scorn, however well deserved, on the recently deceased, I'm still surprised to see the late head of the Petty Morals Majority mourned on a Stones board. I don't see much about Falwell that wasn't diametrically opposed to everything about the Stones (except the love of money, of course).
15th May 2007 11:49 PM
BILL PERKS SEE YA IN HELL,BITCH...DEMOCRATIC PARTY INDEED.
16th May 2007 12:14 AM
Brainbell Jangler Let us remember this man of God and disciple of the Prince of Peace with his own words. Here are some of Rev. Falwell's thoughts on the causes of the 9/11 attacks:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists,and the gays and the lesbians, who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way--all of them who have tried to secularize America--I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

So there was no need to attack Iraq. Bush could have just invaded a couple of gay bars or busted up a pagan Summer Solstice celebration.
16th May 2007 12:28 AM
Brainbell Jangler Speaking of Falwell vs. Osama, it's time again to take the quiz.

http://www.funnystrange.com/quiz/

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)