ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shelley Lazar Multiple Sclerosis Walk 2007, New York 22nd April Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th March 2007 02:45 PM
Gazza Hello Stonesfriends

I am sure that some of you know Shelley Lazar as the Ticket Queen for the Rolling Stones and many other great bands.

What you might not know is that she is also a participant of the New York City MS walk. A fundraising organisation to collect money to fight Multiple Sclerosis. Shelley, together with many other participants, will walk through New York City to raise money for this good cause. Anyone who knows anything about MS will know how this terrible illness can affect one’s life. I know, because my Dear Lady Anne is one of the victims. Shelly always takes good care of Anne and myself at Stonesconcerts. She always makes sure that we have good seats. Now we have the chance to do something for her in return.

Therefore I would like to ask you to pay attention to this event through your website. A link to the 2007 MS Walk website and to Shelley's donation page on Rocks Off would be great. Shelley agreed that I contacted my Stonesfriends on the internet. As she wrote to me: Every dollar helps.

For more information about this event please visit

2007 MS Walk

If you want to make a donation directly to Shelley please visit

Shelley Lazar Donation Page

KEEP ON ROLLING

Rolling Hansie
4th March 2007 03:12 PM
Rolling Hansie Thank you very much Gazza
4th March 2007 03:31 PM
thejuf with the support of many Stones(related) websites!
Shelley, thanks!
4th March 2007 11:15 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks for the heads-up, Gazza. A good cause, to be sure.
And what Jostorm said below is true...Shelley IS an angel and deserves our support.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th March 2007 07:00 AM
jostorm Shelley is an ANGEL, last time I checked there were wing buds sprouting out of her back!!! And of course, I am only speaking for myself, but I think that us Stones fans should show our appreciation to her by supporting her walk, it's a very worthy cause....Could you sticky this one for a while, Gazza?
6th March 2007 02:08 PM
glencar Do I get free Stones tix if I give???
6th March 2007 04:10 PM
Rolling Hansie And Shelley is doing great with her fundraising. $5,340.00 up to now. I keep her informed through email and she is just overwhelmed by everyone's response. And so am I. Thank you all.
And yes Jostorm, you are so right.
6th March 2007 07:15 PM
jostorm No, glencar, but if you don't give, God will give you enormous, terribly painful and entirely free piles !!!!!("haemorrhoids", for those of you on the other side of the pond)........
6th March 2007 08:57 PM
glencar That's what "piles" are???? yuck!
7th March 2007 09:19 AM
keefkid how do you get to be a 'Ticket Queen' anyway???

inquiring minds wanna know...

7th March 2007 01:45 PM
Rolling Hansie Ticket Queen is Shelley's nickname, because she does all the "ticket service" for most major artists. Just take a Rolling Stones Tourbook. You will find her name in the "personel section" or whatever it is called.
7th March 2007 02:08 PM
keefkid
quote:
Rolling Hansie wrote:
Ticket Queen is Shelley's nickname, because she does all the "ticket service" for most major artists. Just take a Rolling Stones Tourbook. You will find her name in the "personel section" or whatever it is called.

yes yes yes i know who she is but how in the world would you get to be that ... ??? just have to have 'connections' i guess

i saw her outside the Beacon Halloween dressed up like a big TICKET

lol
7th March 2007 02:41 PM
Rolling Hansie Well, she started long time ago working for Bill Graham.
7th March 2007 08:51 PM
monkey_man
quote:
keefkid wrote:

yes yes yes i know who she is but how in the world would you get to be that ... ??? just have to have 'connections' i guess

She used to be a teacher in NYC public schools and started moonlighting working at the box office at Madison Square Garden. Eventually she went on to run the box office at the Garden. Bill Graham picked her up in 1989 I think.
8th March 2007 09:49 AM
glencar "picked her up"? THERE'S your connection, keefkid!
8th March 2007 01:18 PM
BILL PERKS I'LL KICK IN WHEN I SEE COHL SR & JR AND THE 4 GAZILLIONAIRES KICK IN
9th March 2007 10:55 AM
jb I wish them very well as MS, and all of the motor-nueron diseases, are simply heartbreaking. I also agree that Mick and company should put in a ton of money.
9th March 2007 11:45 AM
glencar Charity begins at home.
11th March 2007 11:39 AM
Rolling Hansie The fundraising is really going great. The total amount of gifts for the 2007 MS Walk has almost reached $300.000 of which Shelley raised almost $8.000 by herself. Thank you all.
12th March 2007 04:03 PM
glencar I donated a grand!
13th March 2007 08:38 PM
iluvmickjagger07 im doing the ms walk in addison. i did it last year too.
15th March 2007 03:52 PM
Rolling Hansie
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
im doing the ms walk in addison. i did it last year too.

----------------------------------------
Thank you very much for doing this. Absolutely great.
15th March 2007 03:52 PM
Rolling Hansie Total donations have gone up to $ 369.915 of which $ 10.465 on Shelley's account. This is amazing. I just got an email from Shelley to thank each and everyone who made this possible. I am very pleased to pass her message on to you. Thank you all.
16th March 2007 05:12 PM
Gazza Cheers. keep us posted and make sure you keep posting on this thread to keep it active until after the event itself.
16th March 2007 07:39 PM
Kilroy God Bless all of you, I was diagnosed with MS about a year ago, been taken the shots and it seems to be under control. Wish I could walk but I'll give the Money. Thank you again Gazza and all for bring this great walk for money to the Rocks OFF site.
[Edited by Kilroy]
16th March 2007 08:08 PM
Gazza wow..thats too bad, mate. Stay healthy.
17th March 2007 03:44 PM
Rolling Hansie I am so sorry to hear this Kilroy. I truly hope you will be OK. I don't know what medication you are on, but I know that there are lots of medications nowadays that slow down MS really good. My darling Anne has been on Betaferon for many years. It worked really well untill about half a year ago. Tests showed that it didn't work anymore. So now she is on the edge of switching to a new drug called Tysabri. It is very promising. It should reduce the effects of MS with about 60%. Meaning if you are looking into a wheelchair now in about 5 years, with Tysabri that would be 15 years. We sure hope it will work. Both Anne and I are thinking about you and keeping our fingers crossed for you.
17th March 2007 04:15 PM
Rolling Hansie Update on the fundraising. A grand total of $ 388.807 of which $ 11.540 for Shelley. And it is only March yet. Very promising indeed. Thanks to all who donated and spread the word about this good cause. Keep It Going.
18th March 2007 11:53 AM
Kilroy
quote:
Rolling Hansie wrote:
I am so sorry to hear this Kilroy. I truly hope you will be OK. I don't know what medication you are on, but I know that there are lots of medications nowadays that slow down MS really good. My darling Anne has been on Betaferon for many years. It worked really well untill about half a year ago. Tests showed that it didn't work anymore. So now she is on the edge of switching to a new drug called Tysabri. It is very promising. It should reduce the effects of MS with about 60%. Meaning if you are looking into a wheelchair now in about 5 years, with Tysabri that would be 15 years. We sure hope it will work. Both Anne and I are thinking about you and keeping our fingers crossed for you.

The shots so far are working well, REBIF is the drug, 2 in the hip, 2 in arm, 2 in the stomach, 2 in the butt and than I rest 2 days, than start the process over all over again. It's working. The shots are taken ever other day. I know it will soon or later not work and I'll go in to something else. I am not worry about me it's the family. I got young boys. The life I live is full of good things this site is one of them. Sorry I did not get to meet any and had the chance at the 1st AC show. I was to bummed out after the long long ride.
18th March 2007 09:59 PM
Paranoid_Android Good luck!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)