ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shelley Lazar Multiple Sclerosis Walk 2007, New York 22nd April Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
18th March 2007 11:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great the fundraising is going so well!
19th March 2007 12:16 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

The shots so far are working well, REBIF is the drug, 2 in the hip, 2 in arm, 2 in the stomach, 2 in the butt and than I rest 2 days, than start the process over all over again. It's working. The shots are taken ever other day. I know it will soon or later not work and I'll go in to something else. I am not worry about me it's the family. I got young boys. The life I live is full of good things this site is one of them. Sorry I did not get to meet any and had the chance at the 1st AC show. I was to bummed out after the long long ride.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you in AC, Kilroy. I wish you nothing but the very best.
19th March 2007 11:18 AM
glencar Kilroy, I hope you made the make-up show!
19th March 2007 05:26 PM
Rolling Hansie I know it's a drag Kilroy, having to take a shot every other day. But I know Rebif as a good working drug to slow down MS. Sure hope it works for you too.
19th March 2007 09:25 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Rolling Hansie wrote:
I know it's a drag Kilroy, having to take a shot every other day. But I know Rebif as a good working drug to slow down MS. Sure hope it works for you too.

It's working find I was luck to be diagonosed early have friends who waited and oh well. I'll be fine, Strong will good wife cool kids and great friends.
19th March 2007 09:27 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

It's working fine, I was lucky to be diagonosed earlyl. I'll be fine, Strong will ,good wife cool kids and great friends. Everyone has a cross to bear I never thought mine was going to be MS.

19th March 2007 09:45 PM
Kilroy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Kilroy, I hope you made the make-up show!

No I'm sorry I was unable to make that trip. I did seer you up front in the Photos. You guys rock hard, I can't keep up Ha ha It was a long drive the first time.
Babysitters, car rides, time from work and wah wah wah I'm a whimp. To tell the truth if the wife had said yes I would have come back. That first time at AC was kind of spooky for us southerners. the wind was a wipping around the hotel and all night long you could hear the beating of the pool cover hitting the empty pool, pow pow pow, it was wild. I had a good time with a really good friend I don't get to spend time with. I also met some great Rolling Stone Fans from across the pond and one really cool cat with cool shoes, red high tops with cross skull and bones on them. Never got his name but got to talk to him about the Steel Wheels tour he saw there in 98 I think. All in all I spent time w/wife for the first time since all three boys had been born, 10,6 and 3. I took her to see the Stones on her birthday 0ct 6 2005, and was she ever surprised by Mr Jagger and the great show they put on. I told her he was a business man, gentlemen and the greatest frontman in all of Rock n Roll.
THey pass us on they way out and I got to see the Magic Skull ring HE even waved to us. ONE OF MY BIG MOMENTS WITH ROCK & ROLL
[Edited by Kilroy]
21st March 2007 02:58 PM
Gazza Bumpin' this up to make sure it doesnt disappear until after the walk...
22nd March 2007 07:59 PM
jostorm Hey, Hansie or Gazza: does anyone know how the walk went today and how much Shelley raised??
22nd March 2007 08:38 PM
GotToRollMe Hey Jo, the walk is on April 22nd. So far Shelley has raised $14,915.00.
22nd March 2007 09:24 PM
Kilroy How many members we got here?
23rd March 2007 12:09 PM
jostorm Yo, Gottorollme: just goes to show I need a holiday....thought it was today!
Was it you or LadyJane ringing Virgin Radio from New York this morning, trying to win the IsleofWhiteFestival tickets????
23rd March 2007 02:32 PM
Rolling Hansie Total fundraising up to now $ 484.247
Shelley raised $ 14.925
This is really amazing. Just check the honor role on Shelley's donation page. It is really great to see so many familiar names there. Thank you all so very much. Please keep the money rolling in.
23rd March 2007 02:54 PM
glencar
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Yo, Gottorollme: just goes to show I need a holiday....thought it was today!
Was it you or LadyJane ringing Virgin Radio from New York this morning, trying to win the IsleofWhiteFestival tickets????

That was me, jostorm. I have a bad cold & sounded a bit effeminate.
24th March 2007 10:55 AM
Rolling Hansie Thanks again to all of you who have donated already. The figures are really rising now. It is great. I am really overwhelmed by the support you are all giving to this good cause, and so is Shelley.
Total donations have gone up to almost 500.000 dollars of which 20.645 dollars alone on Shelley's fundraising page. She is # 1 now in the list of Top Fundraisers. When you check the honor roll on Shelley's page, you will see some welknown names like Keith Richards, Michael Cohl, Jane Rose and Graham Nash. Let's all keep up the good work and please, keep spreading the news. Every dollar helps.
24th March 2007 10:57 AM
Rolling Hansie BTW, this reminds me of this message:

quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I'LL KICK IN WHEN I SEE COHL SR & JR AND THE 4 GAZILLIONAIRES KICK IN

OK Bill, I think it's about time now :-)
24th March 2007 11:59 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Rolling Hansie wrote:
Thanks again to all of you who have donated already. The figures are really rising now. It is great. I am really overwhelmed by the support you are all giving to this good cause, and so is Shelley.
Total donations have gone up to almost 500.000 dollars of which 20.645 dollars alone on Shelley's fundraising page. She is # 1 now in the list of Top Fundraisers. When you check the honor roll on Shelley's page, you will see some welknown names like Keith Richards, Michael Cohl, Jane Rose and Graham Nash. Let's all keep up the good work and please, keep spreading the news. Every dollar helps.

That's great...she's already gone over her original goal! Nice to see everyone kicking in.
26th March 2007 10:19 AM
oldkr it is great, especially as many of us benefit from Shelley's expertise!

there are some serious big hitters on that list! inc many stones staffers

OLDKR
28th March 2007 05:17 PM
Rolling Hansie I am still in touch with Shelley and I have to let you all know that she is very happy with all the support she is getting from her Stonesfriends.
The donations are still coming in. Total donations have reached 556.838 dollars. Shelley is still #1 on the Top Fundraisers List with 21.725 dollars. Her team, The 109 Bombers climbed to 2nd place now in the Team Rank. Wonderfull figures. Thank you all very much. But the fundraising is still going on. So keep on spreading the word and find more people who want to donate money. MS is an ugly disease and every dollar helps to fight it.
30th March 2007 05:22 PM
glencar I'm glad I could help.
31st March 2007 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This intends to be a "Go Shelley, go..." by Ronnie Lane in what would be his 61 birthday, but unfortunately he passed away by multiple sclerosis on June 4, 1997.

4th April 2007 10:01 AM
Rolling Hansie Time for an update on Shelley`s fundraising.
So far the total fundraising has gone to the enormous amount of 676.379 dollars.
Shelley raised 23.230 dollars by herself so far.
This is absolutely amazing and I am so happy about this. So is Shelley. I am also very proud to see so many familiar names on Shelley`s Honor List. So many great friends who support Shelley and also support my Dear Lady Anne. Thank you all very much again. But as I said before. It is never enough. So keep on spreading the news and harrassing :-) people to spend money.
8th April 2007 12:09 PM
GotToRollMe *bump*
ouch! hit ma head.
13th April 2007 08:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
*bump*
ouch! hit ma head.

Thanks! Without regular replies or "bumps" this threas is in danger to get buried in the archives
15th April 2007 07:26 AM
Rolling Hansie One week to go and the total donations for the 2007 MS Walk have crossed the 1 Million Dollar line, absolutely fabulous. Shelley almost reached 25 Thousand Dollars.

I will send her a "Good Luck" email next saturday, the day before the walk. Maybe a nice idea to include all the good luck wishes from this board ? So, if you want to wish her luck, just post your text here and I will copy and paste it in my email.
16th April 2007 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If possible give her this as my message! Tell her that it was the Rocks Off header on Ronnie's birthday and the photo was changed the day after but the text remained the same

quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This intends to be a "Go Shelley, go..." by Ronnie Lane in what would be his 61 birthday, but unfortunately he passed away by multiple sclerosis on June 4, 1997.

Go Shelley... Go!
17th April 2007 03:37 PM
Rolling Hansie Alright VoodooChile, I will give it a try
17th April 2007 03:49 PM
Rolling Hansie Yes, I managed to paste the picture in the email, and your kind words of course. I think this picture will make a great ending for the email
17th April 2007 04:11 PM
Rolling Hansie But it will be the only picture that I paste in. I don't want to blow up the size of the email.
18th April 2007 09:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl At this speeed it will be the only message you will be sending.

I will post a message outside this thread a few days before linking this one.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)