ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Neil Young CD - Impeach The Prez!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
17th April 2006 04:22 PM
Saint Sway new 10 song CD from my hero Neil Young is on its way.... called Living With War. Features a song called Impeach The President.

Thank you Neil!!!

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/article358210.ece
17th April 2006 04:23 PM
Break The Spell Wow, another new one already?? Neil don't mess around!! I'd love to check it out, his output since Freedom has been very solid.
17th April 2006 04:37 PM
wisertime Great !! I hope it'll be better than "Prairie Wind".
I'd like to see Neil Young here in Europe, I've never seen him
17th April 2006 04:58 PM
gimmekeef Do the Dixie Chicks appear as guests?...I can just hear Tim McGraw or another of those black hat assholes doing the Skynrd type rebuttle.."We dont need Neil Young around anyhow"..So much for Neocon huh?
17th April 2006 06:23 PM
time is on my side Incredible news!! Hopefully the quality output will match the passion.

The albums since Sleeps with Angels are OK; they're just not great albums which kind of makes you wonder. It's been awhile, imo, since he's made a great album.

Don't get me wrong I like some of the albums since Sleeps with Angels and listen to them on a regular basis (Prairie Wind, Silver & Gold, Mirror Ball) & thought Greendale(the one I like the best) was on the right track but they've all come up a little bit short. As far as country Neil, compare Praire Wind to Harvest, Comes a TIME, and Harvest Moon & to me, there's a definite drop off.

It will be interesting to hear what's recently popped into Neil's head. I'm hoping for the best.
[Edited by time is on my side]
17th April 2006 06:47 PM
Dead_Flowers
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Do the Dixie Chicks appear as guests?...I can just hear Tim McGraw or another of those black hat assholes doing the Skynrd type rebuttle.."We dont need Neil Young around anyhow"..So much for Neocon huh?

Are the Dixie Chicks still around?
17th April 2006 09:55 PM
Lazy Bones As Keith would say, "...pointy, pointy"!
17th April 2006 09:59 PM
keefjunkie this album sounds majestic
18th April 2006 12:58 AM
Child of the Moon This is fan-fucking-tastic news. Looks like he's gonna be jamming on this one with members of The Restless (aka the Lost Dogs, I believe), Chad Cromwell and Rick Rosas. Those guys rocked, especially on SNL in '89.
18th April 2006 08:11 AM
corgi37 Now just watch those right-wing Neil Young fans burst a gasket in their heads! hahaha. There will be Neil Young cd burning nights down in old Mississippi.

Even Fox is turning on Bush. But, whats the idiot fucking DJ they have on "Fox and Friends"? Oh, yeah, Mancow. Whoa boy, he's gonna have a field day with "Shakey".
18th April 2006 09:27 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Now just watch those right-wing Neil Young fans burst a gasket in their heads! hahaha. There will be Neil Young cd burning nights down in old Mississippi.

Even Fox is turning on Bush. But, whats the idiot fucking DJ they have on "Fox and Friends"? Oh, yeah, Mancow. Whoa boy, he's gonna have a field day with "Shakey".

Neil will simply be putting some good music to lyrics that many people will relate to. And yes, Mancow is a waste of sperm and egg.
18th April 2006 10:12 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
new 10 song CD from my hero Neil Young is on its way.... called Living With War. Features a song called Impeach The President.

Thank you Neil!!!

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/article358210.ece

Beautiful ! :

18th April 2006 01:21 PM
glencar Straight to the cut-out bins!
18th April 2006 04:58 PM
prism The latest poll says only 20 percent of Americans strongly approve of the president. 67 percent disapprove of him. The Republican congress has even worse ratings, and almost nobody approves of Cheney. If the Democrats gain control of congress in November, Neil's wish may come true.
18th April 2006 05:10 PM
Saint Sway only brain dead asshole's with blinders on are still trying to defend this administration. One of-if not THE- worst in US history. Dispicable and embarrassing.
18th April 2006 06:46 PM
nanatod I miss Richard M. Nixon.
18th April 2006 06:47 PM
m jeff Congratulations on your 400th post, nanatod.

Go Bulls.

-- m jeff jordan
18th April 2006 06:47 PM
Joey
quote:
prism wrote:
If the Democrats gain control of congress in November, Neil's wish may come true.

It MAY come true sooner than THAT !!!!!!!!!

All these politicians care about is getting re-elected .

...and as long as Bushie43 remains President , the Republicans do not stand a chance in Hell this November ..... and they KNOW this ( See : Barry Goldwater telling Nixon he must GO , circa August , 1974 ) .

" This is not silly talk Ronnie ! "

Joey " Spiro " Agnew !
18th April 2006 06:53 PM
FPM C10 Neil Young Rockin' Dubya's World

by Josh Grossberg
Apr 18, 2006, 2:25 PM PT

Neil Young's 1989 anthem "Rockin' in the Free World" was scathingly critical of the social policies of then-president George Bush. Now the rock icon has found himself a new target: Bush's son.

In a ticker on his official Website, Young has announced plans to release Living With War, a anti-war album addressing the conflict in Iraq which he recorded earlier this month in three short days.

The album, being distributed by Warner/Reprise, takes sharp aim at the administration of President George W. Bush with the scathing tune, "Let's Impeach the President."

Bushies beware. Per various online reports, the partisan call for the commander-in-chief's ousting will feature samples of Bush's voice laid over a 100-member chorus chanting "flip-flop."

Young described the hastily assembled 10-song set as a return of sorts to his sixties roots. In addition to his own guitar skills, the album features drums, bass and a trumpet, as well as the massive ensemble of vocalists.

"I think it's a metal version of Phil Ochs and Bob Dylan...Metal Folk protest?" he wrote.

The singer-songwriter also revealed some of the lyrics for the title track:

"I'm living with war everyday...I'm living with war in my heart everyday...I'm living with war right now...and when the night falls, I pray for peace...try to remember peace (visualize)...I join the multitudes...I raise my hand in peace...I never bow to the laws of the though police...I take a holy vow...to never kill again...to never kill again."

Other titles reportedly on the album include "Looking for a Leader" and an a cappella rendition of "America the Beautiful."

Reprise spokesman Bill Bentley told Reuters that the speed with which Young recorded Living With War came as something of a shock to Warner executives who were still busy promoting the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's last album, Prairie Wind, released a mere seven months ago.

"We didn't know he was making a record," the rep said.

Young's longtime manager, Elliot Roberts, stressed that the politically-themed tunes were written in such a way as to have a broad appeal with all Americans, telling the New York Times that "it's not a political, Democratic versus Republican feel."

Before any Red Staters go thinking the prolific Canadian crooner should make a run for the border, it's worth noting that in 2001 he recorded the single, "Let's Roll," a poignant tribute to the victims of 9-11 and the passengers and crew of Flight 93 in particular.

Of course, Young is well known for penning politically-charged ditties. He's protested the Kent State massacre (Crosby, Still, Nash and Young's 1970 classic "Ohio"), racism (1970's "Southern Man"), corporate rock (1988's "This Notes For You") and, as previously noted, Papa Bush (1989's anthem "Rockin' in the Free World").

When he's not exercising his freedom of speech or touring with longtime backing band, Crazy Horse, or Pearl Jam, the veteran rocker is turning up on the big screen these days. Last year, he teamed up with director Jonathan Demme for Heart of Gold, a concert film capturing Young's two-night stand in Nashville last August which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and is currently in theaters.

No word yet when Living With War will hit record stores.

18th April 2006 06:54 PM
glencar Neil Young follows the wind. He made that hard right album in the early 80's.
18th April 2006 08:49 PM
keithriffhard I SAW THIS TODAY! FUCK YEAH! Just when we needed a wise old rocker to stand up to the abominations of our present day administration........we would've taken Stephen Stills! but instead we got the greatest songwriter ever, NEIL YOUNG! This is going to be his best and most controversial album to date....thank you Neil, I'm glad this is your direction.

Watch, now Fox News will have a field day saying Neil is Anti-American and Anti-Soldier, because then again that's what every Democrat is to Fox News.

I SUPPORT THE TROOPS- THEREFORE-I DISAGREE WITH BUSH
18th April 2006 08:51 PM
glencar Blow it out your ass - oh wait, you just did, didn't you?
18th April 2006 10:45 PM
The_Worst Another album I won't be buying....
19th April 2006 07:46 AM
Break The Spell This album sounds very promising, I'll definately be checking it out. more rockers Neil's age need to do albums such as this, really push the envelope lyrically. Also it sounds like it will rock out nicely!!
[Edited by Break The Spell]
19th April 2006 09:00 AM
corgi37 There's always Kid Rock for the hillbillies. You Yanks crack me up. Funny buggers. Love ya's to death, but funny buggers.

No doubt Fox will remind everyong that Neil Young is Canadian. Oh yes they will!
19th April 2006 02:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ha ha ha!

It's "Sweet NeoCon" all over again!

Watch the NeoCons spit and sputter!

Here, let me pre-empt them and put up the generic neocon reponse post...

"Goddamn musicians should just keep their damn mouths shut! No one cares what they think! Besides Neil Young ain't even an AMRERICAN! Our government should take away his fucking Green Card. From now on I'm ordering Freedom Bacon instead of Canadian Bacon at breakfast time! Neil Young is just a band wagon jumper looking to make some fast cash from the wacko lefties. nobody really takes him serious anymore anyhow...not like, say, Ted Nugent or Alice Cooper!"

This is gonna be so much fun watching the Bushgeeks spaz out about this!
19th April 2006 02:24 PM
voodoopug

Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam...a strong supporter of Neil Young and hater of George Bush (see Riot Act Song Bu$hleaguer) is shown above in a traditional Luche Libre wrestling mask (show was in Mexico City) in the part of their 2003 tour where he mocked George Bush. Lyrics are below for people to read. I will not get in a political debate, so do not even attempt, I am simply posting a follow up to the Young Cd release as Vedder is a big time Young fan:

How does he do it? how do they do it? uncanny and immutable.
This is such a happening tailpipe of a party.
Like sugar, the guests are so refined, (look like melting mice)

A confidence man, but why so beleagued?
He’s not a leader, he’s a texas leaguer
Swinging for the fence, got lucky with a strike
Drilling for fear, makes the job simple
Born on third, thinks he got a triple

Blackout weaves it’s way through the cities
Blackout weaves it’s way,...

I remember when you sang
That song about today
Now it’s tomorrow and
Everything has changed

A think tank of aloof multiplication
A nicotine wish and a colossus decanter
Retrenchment and foolishness
What’s the buckos?
The raves have not a clue
The immenseness of suffering
And the odd negotiation, a rarity
With onionskin plausibility of life,
And a keyboard reaffirmation

Blackout weaves it’s way,...

I remember when you sang
That song about today
Now it’s tomorrow and
Everything has changed
19th April 2006 02:27 PM
Break The Spell The masked Vedder reminds me of when Tom Petty used to play "Don't Come Around Here No More" and 3 men in Reagan, Bush and Nixon masks would run around the stage. This was late 80's / early 90's.
19th April 2006 02:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Eddie Vedder likes Sleater Kinney too....

what’s mine is yours

sit down honey, let’s kill some time
rest your head on this heart of mine
tell me, honey, cause you look so blue…
just how did they, did they get to you?
(cuz) if it’s all a waste of time
I’m gonna spend it
yours and mine

someone’s in the kitchen
cooking hearts over the stove
don’t lie to me, never say goodbye to me
I don’t want to be here alone
someone’s at the front door
selling Band-Aids for our sores
you can bleed it, as long as they don’t see it
I’m not going to be ignored

come on darling, let’s hang around
let’s wreck their precious, their perfect town
(cuz) if it’s all a dirty shame,
I’m gonna do it night and day

someone’s in the kitchen
cooking hearts over the stove
don’t lie to me, never say goodbye to me
I don’t want to be here alone
someone’s at the front door
selling Band-Aids for our sores
you can bleed it, as long as they don’t see it
I’m not going to be ignored

did you ever get the feeling
that you don’t belong
said the teacher in the classroom
I think there’s something wrong
but your desks are too heavy
and your walls are too white
your rules are all wrong
and it’s either run or fight
but I’m still running
I’m still running

sit down, honey, let’s kill some time
rest your head on this heart of mine
come on darling, let’s hang around
let’s wreck their precious, their perfect town
cuz if it’s all a waste of time
I’m gonna spend it
yours and mine

In the photo below, Sleater-Kinney sing back up for Pearl Jam(Sept. 2005) during Perl Jam's rendition of "Harvest Moon".

19th April 2006 02:42 PM
Dan
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
The masked Vedder reminds me of when Tom Petty used to play "Don't Come Around Here No More" and 3 men in Reagan, Bush and Nixon masks would run around the stage. This was late 80's / early 90's.

Alice Cooper 1996 - during "Elected," Bob Dole, Clinton, Nixon and Reagan came onstage and started fighting over a bucket of KFC.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)