ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Neil Young CD - Impeach The Prez!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
19th April 2006 02:46 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Too bad impeachment can't be a done deal with the "popular vote." You know, the same one that would have gotten Gore elected in the first place.

Too bad the American public has become so desensitized and apathetic after being lied to and manipulated by the current Presidental cabal. The only thing keeping the lid on the indignation that should be present is because there isn't a draft.

Politics as usual.
19th April 2006 02:47 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Dan wrote:

Alice Cooper 1996 - during "Elected," Bob Dole, Clinton, Nixon and Reagan came onstage and started fighting over a bucket of KFC.

Thats odd Clinton would fight over it, I thought he was loyal to McDonald's fries and chubby interns.
19th April 2006 02:48 PM
voodoopug I met Sleater Kinney in New Orleans before the 2003 PJ show. I was not impressed with their show, infact I found it nauseating!
19th April 2006 03:02 PM
sirmoonie lol - Freedom Bacon. Nice one, SS. A boycott of ginger ale. Stick the fucking Blue Jays in Guantanamo too. It all makes sense.

My guess is that Neil Young became a U.S. citizen long ago. He's been living in California for almost 40 years, and it wouldn't make much sense for him not to.

Like the Stones, the Who, and a few others, Neil Young is an artist for which almost everything he does is essential, IMHGDMFO. Looking forward to what he'c cranking out this year.
19th April 2006 03:11 PM
Dan
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
Too bad impeachment can't be a done deal with the "popular vote." You know, the same one that would have gotten Gore elected in the first place.

Too bad the American public has become so desensitized and apathetic after being lied to and manipulated by the current Presidental cabal. The only thing keeping the lid on the indignation that should be present is because there isn't a draft.

Politics as usual.

The thing is people are too easily manipulated in any case to be holding election at every whim. And this is nothing new or specific to this adminstration when the lying and manipulating by politicians If it could be done once, then eventually the country would start to resemble some African or South American countries.
19th April 2006 03:13 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I met Sleater Kinney in New Orleans before the 2003 PJ show. I was not impressed with their show, infact I found it nauseating!

The cool thing about Pearl Jam though is that its always interesting to see who they might have opening. They always take out bands they respect, often predecessors when they could just sell the slot to a record label for a hundred grand or more. I still find them boring though.
19th April 2006 03:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

The cool thing about Pearl Jam though is that its always interesting to see who they might have opening. They always take out bands they respect, often predecessors when they could just sell the slot to a record label for a hundred grand or more. I still find them boring though.

For once I agree with you as far as your first point. I just dont seem to have the same taste as the band does in their favorites (aside from Neil Young, The STones, The Who, etc). PJ really does not conform to what comparative acts do.

Pearl Jam's first two records were for "everyone" and to an extent Vitalogy was. Everything since is for a particular taste...I am the first to admit...it is not for everyone. I was initially turned off by No Code and had to "rediscover" PJ in 2000 as I fell in love with Binaural.
19th April 2006 03:50 PM
Break The Spell I may be in the minority, but I actually became a bigger Pearl jam fan with the release of No Code and the Merkingball EP. They didn't stay on the predictable radio-friendly format that many bands in their position would have done, they dug deep into their influences, made it their own, and created some great music out of it. Listening to No Code, Yield, Binaural and Riot Act are to me more satisfying than hearing Alive, Jeremy, Daughter and Better Man over and over.
19th April 2006 04:08 PM
Dan I might check Pearl Jam out again. I actually saw them for the first time a few weeks after "Ten" came out in Oct 1991 and already dug the Alive video which was getting some play in the last hour of Headbanger's Ball. At that time they were still being referred to as "Mother Love Bone part 2." Kinda drifted away at some point for some reason. Also didn't like the fact that Eddie Vedder was onstage during the very last song at the last Ramones show but that was probably Johnny's call.
19th April 2006 04:16 PM
Break The Spell I remember the video being on Headbanger's Ball back then, when you look back now it may seem odd having them on there, but they were more liberal with that show back then.
19th April 2006 04:23 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Pearl Jam will be opening for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers- or should I say double-heading with TPATH this summer in Denver and Milwaukee (Summerfest).
19th April 2006 04:29 PM
Dan
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I remember the video being on Headbanger's Ball back then, when you look back now it may seem odd having them on there, but they were more liberal with that show back then.

It wasn't really until 1992ish that MTV decided to start changing the definitions of the genres. But the 3rd hour was when the less popular acts were played. Silly me, back in the day I thought Soundgarden was another metal band!
20th April 2006 12:20 PM
BONOISLOVE Hippies are SO out of fashion; frequently they smell and they don't buy any nice shampoo.

Please, buy my newest (and briefest) CD; it'll be solo ala Goddess (Jagger), beginning and ending with a duet (avec Madonna), harmonizing "I Walk The Line" (Johnny Cash; he's dead, BTW, and I'm richer) (12 minutes redux).

I RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20th April 2006 12:29 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
Hippies are SO out of fashion; frequently they smell and they don't buy any nice shampoo.

Please, buy my newest (and briefest) CD; it'll be solo ala Goddess (Jagger), beginning and ending with a duet (avec Madonna), harmonizing "I Walk The Line" (Johnny Cash; he's dead, BTW, and I'm richer) (12 minutes redux).

I RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll only buy it if it features Matt Clifford on the album and touring line-up.
20th April 2006 12:34 PM
glencar Frankie bought a blue rug!
20th April 2006 12:35 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Frankie bought a blue rug!

I thought he went to Hollywood?? Man its been a confusing day.
20th April 2006 12:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot >My guess is that Neil Young became a U.S. citizen long ago.<

According to the book "Shakey", Neil has always refused to give up his Canadian citizenship. Is it possible to become a naturalized citizen of the US, and still retain citizenship elsewhere? Maybe he got dual citizenship when he married a US citizen? I dunno...but I'm pretty sure he is still Canadian.

"Yes ma'am, I'll have 2 eggs over freedom, freedom bacon, freedon toast with freedom syrup, and freedom browns. Gimme a cup of freedom roast coffee too."

I swear the god...I'm ordering that way next time I go to Nennie's Cafe for breakfast.

20th April 2006 12:45 PM
glencar No, I have a Canuck sister-in-law & she says you can't do both. I hope she stays Canuck myself...
20th April 2006 12:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, then I'd say that Neil is still a Canadian.

Freedom!!!
20th April 2006 12:57 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>My guess is that Neil Young became a U.S. citizen long ago.<

According to the book "Shakey", Neil has always refused to give up his Canadian citizenship. Is it possible to become a naturalized citizen of the US, and still retain citizenship elsewhere? Maybe he got dual citizenship when he married a US citizen? I dunno...but I'm pretty sure he is still Canadian.

"Yes ma'am, I'll have 2 eggs over freedom, freedom bacon, freedon toast with freedom syrup, and freedom browns. Gimme a cup of freedom roast coffee too."

I swear the god...I'm ordering that way next time I go to Nennie's Cafe for breakfast.

You can get U.S. citizenship irrespective of where else you also have citizenship (even Germany), so its not surprising he never let go of his Canadian citizenship. There would be absolutely no reason to.

You can get U.S. citizenship by being lawfully in the U.S. for a period of years and meeting some other nebulous requirements. I'll bet he has both, especially since he has U.S. born kids and he'll want to make sure they get all his dough when he dies, which would not be the case if he was only Canadian.

Shakey is a good a rock biography as I've ever read.
20th April 2006 02:09 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Is it possible to become a naturalized citizen of the US, and still retain citizenship elsewhere? Maybe he got dual citizenship when he married a US citizen?

My buddy Danny has a dual citizenship in Juniata County AND Australia!!!
20th April 2006 02:14 PM
Lazy Bones Neil is still a Canadian citizen and is not an American citizen despite longtime residency in CA.

20th April 2006 02:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I met Sleater Kinney in New Orleans before the 2003 PJ show. I was not impressed with their show, infact I found it nauseating!<

I'm sure that they'd feel the same way about one of YOUR shows too Puggy!

I saw them at the Troc last June...and they ripped the place up. And yes...it was a sold out show. I almost didn't get in. I was waiting around outside, and a group of lesbians had an extra. One of their "friends" got sick and couldn't go to the show...so they took me in with them!

I bought them all beers, and didn't see them the rest of the night. I got in the after party too. I met that Fred Armison dude from Sat. Nite Live, and Sleater-Kinney were all very very nice people. I liked them very much. I liked those lesbians too, they were very nice to me.
20th April 2006 02:42 PM
glencar Aren't S-K themselves lesbians?
20th April 2006 03:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Aren't S-K themselves lesbians?<

I dunno. I didn't ask them. Could be.

I think Carrie could be. She's pretty butch, but that could just be a rock n roll thing image type thing.

Corin is married and has a kid. Not that that means anything.

I dunno about Janet. She can bash the hell outta a drum kit if that means anything....

They were all very sweet and nice to talk to.

20th April 2006 04:01 PM
FPM C10 Hey, you working this weekend? I have two Pogues DVDs to watch. I'm going to see if Butterbean's up for it.

None of the Pogues are lesbians. Neither is Butterbean.
20th April 2006 04:12 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

None of the Pogues are lesbians. Neither is Butterbean.

How about the Cowboy Junkies or Indigo Girls since were on the topic.
20th April 2006 04:35 PM
glencar Indigos are but not with each other anymore. Ione Skye is a lesbian.
20th April 2006 05:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Flea...

4pm to midnight all weekend...

Bummer.

I switch over to daylight for next weekend though....
20th April 2006 06:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, I have a Canuck sister-in-law & she says you can't do both. I hope she stays Canuck myself...

when the Stones postponed their UK tour in 1998 due to a change in the tax laws, the band apparently (so I read at the time anyway) voted 2 (Charlie & Ronnie) to 1 (Mick) for the postponement - with Keith abstaining because as he had dual UK/US citizenship he wasnt affected by the change.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)