ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Night Times sucks anus Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
13th April 2006 05:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
What a fucking waste..if they brought it out a few times O.K., but as a mainstay for the first time shows at the expense of MR and GS, really pathetic.............I loath it!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

proof that you have no concept of great music outside your Stones 'bubble'

Consistently, one of the highlights of the tour, so far. How the fuck is it at the exclusion of "Midnight Rambler" -thats crap

Speaks volumes for the lack of inspiration on the Stones' choice of material on this tour that an unrecorded cover version is a major highlight and one of the few surprise inclusions

and how many 'first timers' are going to these shows anyway? Maybe a few who missed out on the corporate junkets last time around? The Stones cater too much for 'first timers' as it is already
13th April 2006 05:15 PM
Some Guy I liked it
13th April 2006 05:16 PM
parmeda Gazza, save your breath, hon...we all know that Josh has no sphere of music culture beyond the Stones...and we still love him!

Stick your foot up Saint Sway's ass...

...now there's a lost soul!
13th April 2006 05:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Stones cater too much for 'first timers' as it is already

word.

the casual "fan" who pays $75-$125 to see them one time just for the sake of saying he/she saw the Stones holds more clout with the band than us diehards that pay $450 and higher per ticket and travel to multiple shows.

REAL "touring" bands that have die-hard fan followings that travel to see them are smart enough to cater to these fans and include enough of a variety and interesting song selections to make it worth their while and keep them interested.

Stones never grasped this idea. They are strictly a traveling Broadway show.
13th April 2006 05:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

proof that you have no concept of great music outside your Stones 'bubble'

Consistently, one of the highlights of the tour, so far. How the fuck is it at the exclusion of "Midnight Rambler" -thats crap

Speaks volumes for the lack of inspiration on the Stones' choice of material on this tour that an unrecorded cover version is a major highlight and one of the few surprise inclusions

and how many 'first timers' are going to these shows anyway? Maybe a few who missed out on the corporate junkets last time around? The Stones cater too much for 'first timers' as it is already

I am one of the few with the guts to say that I am sick of all of the following songs live:

Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
IORR
YGMR
Dice
YCAGWYW
Paint it Black
HTW
Miss You
Midnight Rambler (yes it is great live, but it was great the other 20 times I seen it live)
Happy
Before they Make Me Run
Beast of Burden
Ruby Tuesday
Angie
Wild HOrses

Of the "warhorses" I really only have interest in heraring JJF and SFM live anymore..I have either heard them all too much or they do not perform them in a way I enjoy.
13th April 2006 05:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Gazza, save your breath, hon...we all know that Josh has no sphere of music culture beyond the Stones...and we still love him!

Parmeda,
if you just want to stick your hairy foot up my ass because I rub you the wrong way - or you cant handle hearing any complaints about the Stones then thats fine. But implying I have no sphere of music culture beyond the Stones is ridiculous.
13th April 2006 05:24 PM
parmeda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I wouldnt even want to hear Night Time if they brought Ray Charles back from the grave.

...oh yeah, I forgot.

You ARE so musically cultured!

Kiss my ass.
13th April 2006 05:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...oh yeah, I forgot.

Kiss my ass.

Parmy is one of the sweetest women on the planet...you are out of your league attacking her!
13th April 2006 05:25 PM
Saint Sway Pugs,
your list is 90% of the entire Bang set list!!!
if you are sick of these songs why would you take money of your families table to hear a set list with 17 of these songs in it??

quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am one of the few with the guts to say that I am sick of all of the following songs live:

Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
IORR
YGMR
Dice
YCAGWYW
Paint it Black
HTW
Miss You
Midnight Rambler (yes it is great live, but it was great the other 20 times I seen it live)
Happy
Before they Make Me Run
Beast of Burden
Ruby Tuesday
Angie
Wild HOrses

Of the "warhorses" I really only have interest in heraring JJF and SFM live anymore..I have either heard them all too much or they do not perform them in a way I enjoy.

13th April 2006 05:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Parmy is one of the sweetest women on the planet...you are out of your league attacking her!

Yes. She certainly sounds like a real sweetie...

quote:
parmeda wrote:

Kiss my ass.

quote:
parmeda wrote:

and for the record, I never attacked. Simply defending myself against her naive allegations.

quote:
parmeda wrote:

...oh yeah, I forgot.

Kiss my ass.

Parmeda,

You sweetie pie, you're welcomed to whatever pre-conceived notion you have of my musical tastes and experience, but I guarantee that over the course of a single year I see 100x more live shows and purchase more music - of a vast variety of all types of music - than you have in your lifetime.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
13th April 2006 05:36 PM
Nellcote I, for one, will go on record to say....

I am returning to the scene of the Rolling Stones opening night of the 2005-2006 ON STAGE tour tomorrow night, to witness the Boston Red Sox, behind the surgically repaired ankle of Curt Schilling, place a major dose of ass whopping on the Seattle Mariners. I might even contribute to The Red Sox Foundation to have my wife's name on the Jumbotron for her birthday! My friends will want to take me atop the wall by the 2nd inning, let me drop like a rock, as all I will think of, as well as pontificate about, will be the glory moments of that great evening of 08/21/05, when I sat, 5th row, next to the one & only Pug & wife, and witnessed, once again, The World's Greatest Rock & Roll band, play all of the outstanding songs they do, including Night Time, to the assembled masses.

We now take you back to your muscial "discussion"
13th April 2006 05:38 PM
parmeda Wow! It's takes a real gentleman to change the text of the last paragraph he wrote...you (Saint Sway) get a Gold Star for that maneuver! I'm impressed!

And I will STILL let you kiss my ass.
13th April 2006 05:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
parmeda wrote:

And I will STILL let you kiss my ass.

thanks but I think I'll wait until the string is no longer dangling out of the other hole.

feel better.
13th April 2006 05:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
So many great Stones songs never get played to make room for other people's songs. I just don't agree with the concept.

Maybe. However, even more 'great Stones songs' never get played because of the inclusion of the same ten or so songs at EVERY Stones concert, and on this tour the inclusion of the same 12-15 songs that seem to be played at no less than 90% of them...

If they rested or rotated a few of THOSE songs, you'd be hearing a LOT more of those 'great Stones songs' that you're talking about than what you're missing out on because of one cover per show.
13th April 2006 05:52 PM
parmeda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thanks but I think I'll wait until the string is no longer dangling out of the other hole.

feel better.

That's the best you can do...lmao!

...sit down and give your mind a rest.
13th April 2006 05:55 PM
lotsajizz both of you ARE postin'

as seen in...well, you get the idea....
13th April 2006 06:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
both of you ARE postin'

as seen in...well, you get the idea....

LOL...it's the Hagler-Hearns of "postin'" duels

Hopefully no re-match. Could never match the intensity of the first duel.
13th April 2006 06:36 PM
the good Man, some of you guys are uptight. I think its great.
13th April 2006 06:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot So some of you actually think that if the Stones stopped doing a cover song per show, that they would replace that slot with anything OTHER than another warhorse that we've all heard a zillion times?

Yeah right. And I got a great bridge in NYC that I'll sell to you real cheap....

And people bitch about the same songs in the setlist every tour. Well, what tour did we last hear the Stones do Night Time? Hmmmmmm. How about NEVER. I wonder, do you think they will ever play NT again after this tour is done? No, of course not.

Look at the setlists for tours throughout the years. There are ALWAYS covers in the setlist. The Stones have always been ones to tip their hat to other artists that they enjoy and respect...and they do that by covering one of their songs. And so far, their choice for covers has been pretty cool, IMO. If they start doing U2 and Bon Jovi covers...THEN there is cause for concern.
13th April 2006 06:58 PM
Gazza 100% correct, my friend

The Stones' choice of covers on every tour to date has been inspired (the only one that I got bored with to be honest was LARS - which while great when I first heard it, outstayed its welcome by several years).

This tour is no exception. 'Night Time' is a superb choice. As was the excellent, but too rarely performed cover of 'Mr Pitiful' (and to a lesser extent, Get Up Stand Up). I like the fact that there is a part of the show where they indulge themselves and dont pander to the masses. There should be more moments like that, and not less. Theyve long ago earned the right to play what the fuck they want IMO.

and the Stones' influences (and their ability to rework great music) is far too diverse to be limited to simply covering Chuck Berry songs (although personally i'd love to hear Little Queenie or something again). I dont think that anyone who saw the theatre shows on the Licks tour would disagree with that.

I'd put that back to back run of soul/R&B covers (many of them songs that the Stones have relased) that I saw at the Astoria in 2003 up there with anything I've ever had the privilege of watching them play.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th April 2006 07:05 PM
lotsajizz I loved Marvin Hagler...he came from about twenty miles east of here....

13th April 2006 07:11 PM
JuanTCB East of where?

I'm from lovely seaside Beverly originally.
13th April 2006 07:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I loved Marvin Hagler...he came from about twenty miles east of here....

you think I wasnt aware of that when I made that comparison? ;-) Glad you 'got it'..lol

What was it - Hanover, Ma. or somewhere like that? (although if I'm not mistaken he was originally from New Jersey)
[Edited by Gazza]
13th April 2006 07:29 PM
glencar So all the educated Stones fans seem to like NT?
13th April 2006 08:51 PM
LadyJane I enjoyed it immensely. Granted I'd rather see MR and GS but NT was a real treat.

Josh is just playing and the OTHER one just takes pride in being RO's resident annoyance! Makes him feel like somebody.

LJ.
13th April 2006 09:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I enjoyed it immensely. Granted I'd rather see MR and GS but NT was a real treat.

Josh is just playing and the OTHER one just takes pride in being RO's resident annoyance! Makes him feel like somebody.

LJ.

Gotta agree. Sure MR is always a welcome treat, but I love the RnB/soul covers, and Night Time in particular.
13th April 2006 10:30 PM
Nellcote Mahvelous Mahvin was from Brockton MA, as were his trainers, The Petronelli Bros.
Man, he was a Wicked Pissa fightah.
Also, King of the Spaghetti Westerns, I understand he's a Celluloid Hero in Italy!
13th April 2006 10:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot Marvin Hagler was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man.
13th April 2006 11:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pugs,
your list is 90% of the entire Bang set list!!!
if you are sick of these songs why would you take money of your families table to hear a set list with 17 of these songs in it??

at my level of income, it is not taking a dime off my families table. At my young age, my net worth is approaching seven figures. I assure you my friend, paying 500 per ticket is no more than a stick of gum to most.

My wife and I enjoy attending the shows together, and we tend to stay a few extra days in cities that have other cultural, geographical, and historical locations.

It takes hard work, but it is possible!

Unfortunately tonite though, as I had my new house built facing a man made lake, there are no buildings behind my house to block the wind and it is quite breezy here tonite. The pugs will blow over if they attempt to take a dump. I will have to walk them in the front yard where the wind is blocked. I will have to leave you for the night soon though as I will be going into the office tomorrow to pursue the non catholic customers before my noon tee time....my regular caddy has left for college, I must find a new one tomorrow!
13th April 2006 11:37 PM
pdog Pug, you are way tooo cool for chicago. You got Calif. all over you...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)