ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Night Times sucks anus Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
13th April 2006 11:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Pug, you are way tooo cool for chicago. You got Calif. all over you...

Please do not overlook my fear of fish....this could prove fatal in California....but I would fit in for sure at the local watering hole listening to fine tunes raising a glass with good ol PDOGGIE DOG
14th April 2006 12:34 AM
jb Sorry LJ, not joking. I don't like it.. Stones concert should not be a Ray Charles 14 minute tribute/Lisa Fiasher hr...if you do a cover, 3-6 minutes is enought(only exception JMI)..........
14th April 2006 01:00 AM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please do not overlook my fear of fish....this could prove fatal in California....but I would fit in for sure at the local watering hole listening to fine tunes raising a glass with good ol PDOGGIE DOG

Fish, we ain't got fish...
14th April 2006 01:35 AM
Sir Stonesalot JB...put the crack pipe down. Smoking rock does not become you. It's making you say stupid, silly things.

Just looking out for you....

Your Pal,
SS
14th April 2006 02:08 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
parmeda wrote:
And I will STILL let you kiss my ass.

Some guys have all the luck.
14th April 2006 02:44 AM
glencar I want more cover versions!
14th April 2006 04:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Sorry LJ, not joking. I don't like it.. Stones concert should not be a Ray Charles 14 minute tribute/Lisa Fiasher hr...if you do a cover, 3-6 minutes is enought(only exception JMI)..........

14 Minutes? time obviously passes slowly in your world! LOL
14th April 2006 04:42 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

14 Minutes? time obviously passes slowly in your world! LOL

that's the lawyer in jb talking - at hundreds of dollars per hour you are inclined to round things up a bit allowing for due care and consideration
14th April 2006 07:01 AM
corgi37 And he charges $10.00 for photo copying.
14th April 2006 10:49 AM
jb
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

that's the lawyer in jb talking - at hundreds of dollars per hour you are inclined to round things up a bit allowing for due care and consideration

Hello my great friend SIA,,,,,,,,,how was the show? Despite my posts, I hope you had a awesome time...The Stones are still the greatest show on earth!!!!
14th April 2006 11:21 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello my great friend SIA,,,,,,,,,how was the show? Despite my posts, I hope you had a awesome time...The Stones are still the greatest show on earth!!!!

....YOu know the night time......is the right time....
14th April 2006 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

....YOu know the night time......is the right time....

This has been our fear since day one!!!!! The mini tour must be handled differently!!!!!!!!!!!! Only New York, Boston, Philly(1 show only for this once great stones town), San Fran(Filmore), Miami(1 show), Chicago(1 show), etc
14th April 2006 11:45 AM
nanatod
quote:
jb wrote:
Chicago(1 show), etc

But in Voodoopug's honor, the show will be at the Cadillac Ranch, and the Stones will play "Country Honk," instead of HTW. The Bellamy Brothers will open.
14th April 2006 12:01 PM
glencar I think they should do a 12 night stand at MSG & make all you guys come to the shrine. Why do they need to travel at their ages?
14th April 2006 01:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:

But in Voodoopug's honor, the show will be at the Cadillac Ranch, and the Stones will play "Country Honk," instead of HTW. The Bellamy Brothers will open.

Ironically, I live about 4 miles from there in one of the large homes recently constructed off of West Bartlett Road.
14th April 2006 01:42 PM
gimmekeef Tributes and covers are okay..but mix em up....Would like to hear Werewolves of London/Get Up Stand Up/Johnny Be Good etc
15th April 2006 06:27 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
$500 tickets should come with a written guarantee that MR & GS will both be performed.

AMEN!

Like JB said, they can't put Night Time as it was Midnight Rambler.......that's outrageous.
15th April 2006 09:09 AM
Navin
How about a "Battering Ram" type of gig - all within 3 minutes of rock, riff, and roll -

...no ballads, no MR, no Shelter....longer setlist played in shorter duration...

'Brown sugar' as in 1976 "love you live" style...
along with - Lies, Shattered, Bitch, Respectable, Whip, Joint, Boys, Sparks, Rocking, Wild, Mean, Hot, Start, Hang, T&A, Sad, Hit, Fight, Hold, Dirty, Had, and many others!!
15th April 2006 03:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Navin wrote:

How about a "Battering Ram" type of gig - all within 3 minutes of rock, riff, and roll -

...no ballads, no MR, no Shelter....longer setlist played in shorter duration...

'Brown sugar' as in 1976 "love you live" style...
along with - Lies, Shattered, Bitch, Respectable, Whip, Joint, Boys, Sparks, Rocking, Wild, Mean, Hot, Start, Hang, T&A, Sad, Hit, Fight, Hold, Dirty, Had, and many others!!

they would probably die on stage three gigs into this tour.
15th April 2006 09:38 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you think I wasnt aware of that when I made that comparison? ;-) Glad you 'got it'..lol

What was it - Hanover, Ma. or somewhere like that? (although if I'm not mistaken he was originally from New Jersey)
[Edited by Gazza]

He came to prominence in the ol' whaling town of New Bedford, lots of early bouts in nearby towns like Fall River and Brockton (Marciano's home town)....he also boxed a few bouts in providence Rhode Island....

16th April 2006 10:37 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

they would probably die on stage three gigs into this tour.

Sadly young Jay no longer is part of the Drink and Greet list...... that's even more humilliating.....

Plucked and freezin.....

P.S.: As always, a friggin funny smart post of yours. You shall be always greeted!

P.S.S: Miss this place and some fellas
16th April 2006 11:15 AM
glencar You are missed too Jay Jay. I think the list ahs been eliminated because Pug released it got old.
18th April 2006 05:35 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Any cover songs not written by Chuck Berry should never replace precious original material. LARS and Love Train are also prime examples of major suckage!!!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]

How about Irma Thomas?

18th April 2006 05:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Sadly young Jay no longer is part of the Drink and Greet list...... that's even more humilliating.....

Plucked and freezin.....

P.S.: As always, a friggin funny smart post of yours. You shall be always greeted!

P.S.S: Miss this place and some fellas

I miss you too Jay!
18th April 2006 02:16 PM
Lord Homosex Correctomundo! I always hated that song! So glad that epople here see that too. Usually love the Stones covers but this one is a vehicle for Lisa to slink around with Jagger for a while and give him a reviver woody.
18th April 2006 02:32 PM
jb
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
Correctomundo! I always hated that song! So glad that epople here see that too. Usually love the Stones covers but this one is a vehicle for Lisa to slink around with Jagger for a while and give him a reviver woody.

You shall be greeted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th April 2006 05:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
Correctomundo! I always hated that song! So glad that epople here see that too. Usually love the Stones covers but this one is a vehicle for Lisa to slink around with Jagger for a while and give him a reviver woody.

reviver woody is an excellent attention grabbing phrase...good work!
18th April 2006 06:13 PM
glencar The term might be funny (it's true!!!) but the general thrust (ah!!!) of the post is wrong. Those of you who want GS & MR every night instead of a tasty cover will rue the day that happens as both songs will become hackneyed warhorses & then you'll be blathering on about why aren't the Stones doing tasty cover versions of R&B hits. Oh Hell, you'll blather on regardless.
19th April 2006 10:20 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
What a fucking waste..if they brought it out a few times O.K., but as a mainstay for the first time shows at the expense of MR and GS, really pathetic.............I loath it!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

Best to be " Omaha'd " ..... IMHO !!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY ! ®
19th April 2006 01:56 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Best to be " Omaha'd " ..... IMHO !!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY ! ®

I can't believe Montgomery Clift and Marlon Brando are both from Omaha! Two of America's greatest actors, imho.

Do they live near you? If so, please tell them I said "hello"!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)