ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Night Times sucks anus Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
13th April 2006 12:51 PM
jb What a fucking waste..if they brought it out a few times O.K., but as a mainstay for the first time shows at the expense of MR and GS, really pathetic.............I loath it!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
13th April 2006 12:57 PM
Break The Spell Correct, for the long song, I'd rather it be MR or GS as well, I'd also like to see them stick in Out Of Control and Can't You Hear Me Knocking again from time to time. Anything beats Night Time, not one of their better covers!!
13th April 2006 12:58 PM
Jumping Jack Any cover songs not written by Chuck Berry should never replace precious original material. LARS and Love Train are also prime examples of major suckage!!!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
13th April 2006 12:59 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Any cover songs not written by Chuck Berry should never replace precious original material. LARS and Love Train are also prime examples of major suckage!!!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]

You don't like their Temptations covers?? I can understand not liking My girl anyway...
13th April 2006 01:04 PM
SweetVirginia I hate "Night Time". It always
gives me a mental image of that
old "Cosby Show" episode. Yuck.

SV

13th April 2006 01:09 PM
Saint Sway $500 tickets should come with a written guarantee that MR & GS will both be performed.
13th April 2006 01:18 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
$500 tickets should come with a written guarantee that MR & GS will both be performed.

I'd add PIB and CYHMK to the list, but thats just me.
13th April 2006 01:20 PM
Saint Sway Keith cant nail the opening riff on CYHMK anymore. So that should come with a refund.

But he still sizzles on MR & GS.

time to bring back Monkey Man & SFM btw
13th April 2006 01:21 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Keith cant nail the opening riff on CYHMK anymore. So that should come with a refund.

But he still sizzles on MR & GS.

time to bring back Monkey Man & SFM btw

Monkey Man is great live, and I'm surprised they have done SFM this whole tour at all. It works well as an opening number.
13th April 2006 01:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Monkey Man is great live, and I'm surprised they have done SFM this whole tour at all. It works well as an opening number.

agreed!

I also liked the few times the Black Crowes used it as a closer. Stones should try it in the closer spot. The back of the set is what really needs a shake up.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
13th April 2006 01:31 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

agreed!

I also liked the few times the Black Crowes used it as a closer. Stones should try it in the closer spot. The back of the set is what really needs a shake up.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Yes, its like after Keith's set, you pretty much know what the last 8-9 songs will be. If we get any more surprises it will come early on, as Mick loves to close with the warhorses.
13th April 2006 01:39 PM
Saint Sway I miss Out Of Control!!!

SFM, MM, GS and OOC could all be shuffled into the closing war horse segment.
13th April 2006 01:40 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I miss Out Of Control!!!

SFM, MM, GS and OOC could all be shuffled into the closing war horse segment.

Out Of Control is so much better live, its great they brought it back for a while earlier on the tour. Saint Of Me is another Bridges tune they should do from time to time.
13th April 2006 01:41 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
What a fucking waste..if they brought it out a few times O.K., but as a mainstay for the first time shows at the expense of MR and GS, really pathetic.............I loath it!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

...now, I know you have lost your mind.

Please advise me on why you believe it was such a waste of time...I'm curious.

13th April 2006 01:48 PM
pdog Lisa Fisher is an asset, not a liabilty.
13th April 2006 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
Lisa Fisher is an asset, not a liabilty.

Lisa Fisher i sO.K., but enough of the crap already. By the way , I have this, it's true!!!

http://bjr.birjournals.org/cgi/content/full/75/891/283#F1
13th April 2006 02:17 PM
glencar I'd rather hear NT than Satisfaction or even IORR. It's something different & they'll never do it after this tour.
13th April 2006 02:19 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd rather hear NT than Satisfaction or even IORR. It's something different & they'll never do it after this tour.

Thats what I thought about Going To A Go-Go, but surprisingly they brought it out now and then during 2002-03. They have surprises in them now and then.
13th April 2006 02:21 PM
glencar Well, they also did LARS over several tours but generally, these things are put to bed after teh first tour unless they make it onto a CD.
13th April 2006 02:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...now, I know you have lost your mind.

Please advise me on why you believe it was such a waste of time...I'm curious.

ALso please note...Jim Thome is a man beast...I only hope he is not "Bonds"ing as a failed urine test would be devestating.
13th April 2006 02:32 PM
glencar Oh, he's definitely "Bondsing" Pugs. I saw him when he first came up with Cleveland & he was a thin slice of a kid. Now he's the size of an ox. Also, he was a total asshole.
13th April 2006 02:45 PM
JuStones I love Night Time. A fucking waste???, what a fuck, its a greate song, the interpretation of the Stones gives another sensitive of the song and Lisa can excel, she haves a great voice, the another song its Gimme Shelter, at this moment is or GS or NT. I think too that they can use it just in a few concerts not in the main, but is the great "new" cover at this tour. The other options that you call like Monkey Man, CYHMN, Out of Control, are great, i wish that they play it in the tour.
13th April 2006 03:03 PM
FPM C10 glencar said: Well, they also did LARS over several tours but generally, these things are put to bed after teh first tour unless they make it onto a CD.

You are right, and that was the case with Go Go and LARS, neither of which I like as much as Night Time.

I think, given their origins as a blues / R&B cover band, seeing them choose a new cover and work up an arrangement for it is one of the few instances of them being an actual working BAND. Same as their 1994 version of "Can't Get Next To You".

In Hershey they did NT AND MR, back to back, and it was the high point of the show.
[Edited by FPM C10]
13th April 2006 03:20 PM
Jumping Jack So many great Stones songs never get played to make room for other people's songs. I just don't agree with the concept. Only when they play everything in their catalog at least once and run out of their own material and are incapable of writing a new song should they consider doing a cover.
13th April 2006 03:24 PM
mmdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
$500 tickets should come with a written guarantee that MR & GS will both be performed.

I'll agree about Rambler. As much as I love Gimme Shelter and Street Fighting Man, if they were playing them every night, people would be complaining about them as warhorses. Gimme Shelter and Street Fighting Man have pretty much been constants since '89. GS wasn't played much during the Voodoo Lounge tour, and SFM during the Babylon tour. However other than that they have been there.
13th April 2006 03:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot I like Night Time quite a bit. It's a great song, and The Stones do it justice...mostly because of the massive voice of Lisa Fischer. The version she did in Hershey was astounding. She didn't do any of that screechy warbling stuff...she just belted that fucker out. She knocked some people on their asses that night. Mick was eating it up like a starving man given his last meal...

I saw all of the covers that they did this time out...and Night Time barely sqeaked by Get Up Stand Up. Mr. Pitiful was OK, but a bit of a snoozer.

I like that the Stones still do covers. And they usually do them well because of the obvious love that they have for the songs themselves. It's also interesting to see how they arrange and filter the songs through themselves. Like Flea mentioned...this is when they really make it obvious that they are STILL a working band.
13th April 2006 04:01 PM
Scottfree
quote:
pdog wrote:
Lisa Fisher is an asset, not a liabilty.

Picture it Detroit Rock City circa 97, seventh row, perfect view to see up Lisa's dress, another words she is quite an asset, I could see that she had been waxed in the past 3-7 days....She was looking fine, fine, fine...
[Edited by Scottfree]
13th April 2006 04:03 PM
Break The Spell It's not so much that Night Time is an awful choice for a cover, its just what it prevents them from playing (often GS and MR) that makes me wish it wasn't in the set. Every live version of Rambler is its own unique experience.
13th April 2006 04:07 PM
GotToRollMe I agree. A big time-waster where they could be playing any number of other songs.
13th April 2006 04:11 PM
Saint Sway I wouldnt even want to hear Night Time if they brought Ray Charles back from the grave.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)