ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Jovi disses the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 1st, 2004 06:55 AM
UGot2Rollme from the news wires...
----------------
Jon Bon Jovi wants his rock group Bon Jovi to avoid going down The Rolling Stones route of touring into their fifties - even if the decision costs him a fortune.

The "Living on a Prayer" singer, 42, is keen for the hugely-successful band to end on a high and is willing to miss out on making millions through world comeback tours to preserve their good name.

Jon says, "I don't want to be living on a nostalgia trip from here on in."

"We don't want to be an old band playing the same numbers over and over. Others do it and it puts me off."

"For example, I love Rolling Stones, but I don't want to be doing what they are doing when I reach their age."

The band's current release - 'This Left Feels Right' - is their 11th and possibly final album. It contains 12 acoustic versions of Bon Jovi's best-known numbers.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004
----------------
I betcha BJ will still be on the road in 2022 (when he's 60), but it will be a short road with interest only limited to small theaters in north Jersey..
April 1st, 2004 07:39 AM
nankerphelge I agree -- I don't want him doing it either.

Hey Jon -- feel free to hang it up any time now!
April 1st, 2004 07:40 AM
fmk438j
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
I love Rolling Stones, but I don't want to be doing what they are doing when I reach their age."

----------------
but it will be a short road with interest only limited to small theaters in north Jersey..

Exactly. Even if wanted to '"do what they are doing" there's no way they could sell out a world tour of that size, now or ever.

poop

This reminds me, on the hour and a half coach ride SPECIALLY charted to the stones show in Sydney last year they played Bon Jovi all the freakin way. How brain dead can you get? And the next trip is was Robet Palmer. Talk about a de-jonesing.

[Edited by fmk438j]
April 1st, 2004 07:46 AM
caro
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I agree -- I don't want him doing it either.

Hey Jon -- feel free to hang it up any time now!

Yup. That'll leave him more time to lay people down on beds of roses.

Funny, all those young (<--sort of) rockers meditating about their future...
April 1st, 2004 07:47 AM
LadyJane "For example, I love Rolling Stones, but I don't want to be doing what they are doing when I reach their age."

Well of course not Johnny...your loser ass band isn't capable of being as great as the Stones!! Not today, not yesterday, not 20 years from now!!

LJ.
April 1st, 2004 08:26 AM
parmeda Two words for ya, Jon...first one begins with an F, second one with a Y

Oh wait...here's two more!

"Goodbye Asshole"
April 1st, 2004 09:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:

Jon says, "I don't want to be living on a nostalgia trip from here on in."

"We don't want to be an old band playing the same numbers over and over. Others do it and it puts me off."

Those comments are just hilarious coming from a band that has been repeating itself for the past - at least - twelve years. I mean, every song they make reminds me of a previous one they had made and so on and so on. I think even their fans are beginning to lose interest. Their musical input has been really low, their prime is way over and their live shows sure ain't the best around. Frankly, I'm bored.

So no need to worry Jon, you probably won't even make it to being an "old band".

You'd think some people would at least show some respect... Or self-awareness for that matter...
April 1st, 2004 09:12 AM
corgi37 Bon Jovi were one of the main reasons Nirvana and grunge got so big. It was supposed to kill the "candy metal" bands. Remember when Bon Jovi were sort of considered hard rock? I dont either, but some people referred to them that way. What a wanker.
April 1st, 2004 09:34 AM
Sir Stonesalot I was down at my Dad's last night, and he suggested taking my son to an Arena Football game in Philly. I said that I didn't want Jon Bon Jovi to get any of my money.

I now know that I made the right decision. LOL!

Signed,
SS
The guy who once snubbed Bon Jovi at a PA Turnpike gas station.
April 1st, 2004 09:42 AM
egon hold on hold on hold on....

isn't this the band that recycles their own songs by turning them into ballads?

i mean; living on a prayer (acoustic).... it's my life 2004

I'd say they've already started playing the same songs over and over again.

April 1st, 2004 10:07 AM
Angiegirl Goodbye Jon, do the music world a favour please!
April 1st, 2004 10:17 AM
Larry Dallas If Bon Jovi wants to protect his "legacy," then let's all look at it for a moment----Hair Band videos, Young Guns 2, Power Ballads, and Tico Torres. He's right. He doesn't need to ruin this great thing he has going on. Maybe the fact that no one bought "Bounce," or as some have put it "The Rising for Dummies," has something to do with his current mood. Don't forget this is the guy whose first gig was to sing on the Star Wars song "What Do You Get a Wookie for Christmas When He Already Owns a Comb?" I shit you not.
[Edited by Larry Dallas]
April 1st, 2004 10:40 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
"Bounce," or some have put it "The Rising for Dummies,"

ROTFLOL!
April 1st, 2004 11:04 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
"I don't want to be living on a nostalgia trip from here on in."

OK, explain the last 20 years

that guy's entire career has been a nostalgia trip. every song he's written sounds like the same thing. i can't wait til that band is a thing of the past
April 1st, 2004 11:50 AM
jb

April 1st, 2004 11:55 AM
Mikey Is JBJ serious? Or is this an April Fool's joke that he is graciously sharing with us.

His backhand comparision of BJovi to the Stones is an insult and laughable.

Are they even remotely relevant outside Jersey?
April 1st, 2004 12:21 PM
Lazy Bones I thought they packed it in years ago. Oh well, I guess I can celebrate a 2nd time!

One of those, "we could if we wanted to.." comments. Arse.
April 1st, 2004 12:26 PM
jb They are remarkably popular.......and have sold more records than the Stones(same for Aerosmith)....These groups just have a lot of commercially successful pop tunes which the Stones really have not had since "Start Me Up"....we need a hit single badly...
April 1st, 2004 12:51 PM
polksalad69 Bovi sucks. Sucked in the 80s and suck now. They hid when hair bands were killed dead by Nirvana and now they're back. Big deal.
April 1st, 2004 01:48 PM
Gazza Anyone who knows me will know that Bon Jovi are the band I probably detest most in the entire universe. I won't bore you with the details of why I despise them and everything they represent. Suffice to say, it's on a par with how Josh feels about the Beatles. Yep - THAT much. And at least Josh never had to sit through The Beatles as an opening act waiting for the Stones to come on. Utter torture. It was like having weights attached to my scrotum for an hour.

I'll take almost everything back that I've said about this talentless cliched prick if he stands by what he says and quits for good. Now. If not sooner.

The thought of not having to turn on a TV or radio and listen to any more of that whining load of wank from The Poodle of Rock is almost enough to make my nipples explode with delight.

Do us all and rock n roll a favour and pack it in. Quit while you're still shite before you go really downhill.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 1st, 2004 02:17 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Anyone who knows me will know that Bon Jovi are the band I probably detest most in the entire universe. I won't bore you with the details of why I despise them and everything they represent. Suffice to say, it's on a par with how Josh feels about the Beatles. Yep - THAT much. And at least Josh never had to sit through The Beatles as an opening act waiting for the Stones to come on. Utter torture. It was like having weights attached to my scrotum for an hour.

I'll take almost everything back that I've said about this talentless cliched prick if he stands by what he says and quits for good. Now. If not sooner.

The thought of not having to turn on a TV or radio and listen to any more of that whining load of wank from The Poodle of Rock is almost enough to make my nipples explode with delight.

Do us all and rock n roll a favour and pack it in. Quit while you're still shite before you go really downhill.

[Edited by Gazza]

This is what I like to hear/read. I'm sick of revisionist history.
April 1st, 2004 02:34 PM
Poplar
this is the funniest damn thread in ages, and for so many reasons. i can't stop laughing. out loud.

WEIGHTS .... SCROTUM ..... (gasp for breath)

April 1st, 2004 02:37 PM
Joey

April 1st, 2004 02:55 PM
jb

Bon Jovi sucks!!!
April 1st, 2004 03:03 PM
LadyJane This is great. A cause we can all get behind. The utter hatred of Bon Jovi!!

Agreed Poplar..I'm getting a much needed laugh out of this thread!!!

LJ.
April 1st, 2004 03:07 PM
jb
April 1st, 2004 03:07 PM
Joey

April 1st, 2004 03:09 PM
jb
April 1st, 2004 03:12 PM
Joey

April 1st, 2004 03:13 PM
jb
Page: 1 2 3 4