ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Jovi disses the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
April 1st, 2004 03:33 PM
Joey

I would like to and you !!!!!!!

April 1st, 2004 05:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:

The band's current release - 'This Left Feels Right' - is their 11th and POSSIBLY FINAL ALBUM.

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN A LONG WHILE!!

I used to frequent this site to get my daily Stones fix. But lately I've been coming here for the laughs. Whats with all these ass clowns like Bon Jovi and Kid Rock talking smack about the Stones??? These jokers need to look in the mirror.

Poor JBJ. All that hair spray must of rotted his brain. The poor guy has no idea how contradicting and self-mocking EVERY SINGLE LINE of that interview is.
April 1st, 2004 09:16 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
All that hair spray must of rotted his brain.

!!!!
April 1st, 2004 10:30 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Suffice to say, it's on a par with how Josh feels about the Beatles. Yep - THAT much. And at least Josh never had to sit through The Beatles as an opening act waiting for the Stones to come on. Utter torture. It was like having weights attached to my scrotum for an hour.

LMAO indeed!
But Gazza...why in the hell would you SIT through it?
Get up and 'work the room', so-to-speak...and raise havoc in the concession areas. You know, like I do!

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten up within the first 3 minutes of an opening act, knowing damn well the band SUCKED...only to go out and do like Columbus -- and discover SOMETHING else, lol.
April 2nd, 2004 12:06 PM
UGot2Rollme SO... FOR THOSE BJ CD HOLDERS OUT THERE...DON'T YOU FEEL A LITTLE GUILTY.. AREN'T YOU INSPIRED TO TOSS YOUR CD'S OUT INTO THE GENTLE SPRING AIR LIKE A FUCKING HAIRSPRAYED FRISBEE?

PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR....IT WILL BE VERY LIBERATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 2nd, 2004 01:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dang....that does sound like fun.

The only thing is...I don't have any Bon Jovi CDs, and I'm not spending anything to buy any either.

I'd like to spend an hour or so shooting Bon Jovi CDS outta the sky like so many skeet!

PULL! thwup thwup thwup BLAMMO!!!
April 2nd, 2004 01:40 PM
gypsy I have never owned a Bon Jovi cassette or cd either. I didn't even like them back in high school, when all of the other girls did.
SS, I vaguely remember when you snubbed JBJ at the turnpike...he was steamed cuz you didn't want his autograph, right?
April 2nd, 2004 01:41 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I have never owned a Bon Jovi cassette or cd either. I didn't even like them back in high school, when all of the other girls did.
SS, I vaguely remember when you snubbed JBJ at the turnpike...he was steamed cuz you didn't want his autograph, right?

April 2nd, 2004 01:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't know if he was steamed...but he was definately stunned.
April 2nd, 2004 02:56 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I have never owned a Bon Jovi cassette or cd either. I didn't even like them back in high school, when all of the other girls did.

Gimme a ! !

Gimme a ! !

Gimme a ! !

Gimme a ! !

What's that Spell ?!?!

Yeeeeaaaaah

[Edited by Joey]
[Edited by Joey]
April 2nd, 2004 02:56 PM
Gazza >LMAO indeed!
But Gazza...why in the hell would you SIT through it?
Get up and 'work the room', so-to-speak...and raise havoc in the concession areas. You know, like I do!

Ah if only it had been that easy,Pammy!

It was in the middle of a 90,000 crowd in a massive field on a racecourse in Paris in 1995. General admission!! Its not like I could have arrived just before the Stones came on. I was lucky that I got a lift to both shows from my friend Christian who lives just outside Paris and who I was staying with all week. The Stones played two shows there. The first night I was lucky to get a VIP pass so I was able to hang out in that area and even got to meet and get photographed with Darryl Jones and Jerry Hall. Equally as wonderful was the fact I was able to stay out of the searing heat AND miss Bon Jovi's set. At one point whilst we roamed around the VIP area looking for the right "tent", we ended up sitting outside Bon Jovi's dressing room area. Their stage clothes were hanging up inside. It was the only time in my adult life I've contemplated being an arsonist as a career option.

The second night I didnt have a VIP pass and had to clench my buttocks through an hour of utter drivel, the most cliched lyrics in rock history and endless posing by The Singing Poodle and that fucking dork who poked Heather Locklear (and Cher, God help us..) They even had the nerve to open with "Rockin all over the world" for fucks sake. As a John Fogerty fan, I was outraged. Then he started spewing on about how pleased to bits he was at meeting his heroes ("guess who met Keith Richards today" he droned on and on without mercy - cue 90,000 ++blank friggin' stares++). To add insult to injury, he tried to improve things by bringing on Steve Van Zandt. Even as a big Springsteen fan,I was still somewhat unimpressed.

The Stones came on afterwards, there was a cloudburst within five minutes and they proceeded to play a great show in the heaviest downpour I've ever experienced at a concert in my life (the bootleg wasnt called "Storm At Longchamps" for nothing). They were fucking brilliant, I got absolutely drenched so much that my underwear all but disappeared up my ass and had the time of my life in the end.

But I still have nightmares about how cheesy Bon Jovi were. It wasnt pleasant.
April 2nd, 2004 04:22 PM
Jumacfly

Keep On Laughing guys!!!
nice week end everybody!
April 2nd, 2004 04:28 PM
Jumacfly

This one is for you gazza ...
April 2nd, 2004 04:47 PM
gypsy The first thing that comes to mind upon viewing the above pic is...

...WOLF PUSS!
April 2nd, 2004 04:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, the first thing I thought of was....Puss.

As in, that guy is such a puss.
April 2nd, 2004 05:23 PM
Jumacfly

You're right SS!!
April 2nd, 2004 05:25 PM
Joey

April 2nd, 2004 05:27 PM
Gazza

April 2nd, 2004 05:33 PM
Jumacfly LOl Gazza!!!!!!!!!
As a man of whealth and taste i see you ve really loved this picture!!

another one?? first the Super BLow, then the Super Bon?? LOLOLOLOL
April 2nd, 2004 05:43 PM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Gazza wrote:
...we ended up sitting outside Bon Jovi's dressing room area. Their stage clothes were hanging up inside. It was the only time in my adult life I've contemplated being an arsonist as a career option.

Gazza.. if you ever have that opportunity again, we will pay all of your legal fees, Bro!
April 2nd, 2004 06:36 PM
parmeda Great story Gazza
...I laughed my ass off
You are sooooo descriptive!
Had to wipe off the runny mascara and read it twice.
April 2nd, 2004 07:46 PM
sammy davis jr. He isn't BJ for nothing......The gayest non-gay music-type of person (I use the term loosely) ever. My idea of torture: Listening to the plinkety plink intro to "Runaway" over and over.... I also love how he completely ripped off "Don't Let Me Down" by the Beatles for the gay "I Would Die For You".....so fucking blatant.
April 2nd, 2004 10:03 PM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Great story Gazza
...I laughed my ass off
You are sooooo descriptive!
Had to wipe off the runny mascara and read it twice.

Me too, Pammy!!

Gazza's posts are killing me. This whole thread is hilarious.

Seriously...I can tolerate just about ANY music. I detest every single song they have ever recorded.

BJ opening for the Stones? Who the Hell came up with that idea? Yuck!!

LJ.
April 2nd, 2004 11:04 PM
Poplar
this board needed a laugh. by jovi, we got one.

April 3rd, 2004 03:28 AM
MarthaMyDear
!!!

*** Martha ***
April 4th, 2004 04:34 PM
Gazza Another thing that gets me seriously upset - Ritchie Sambuca, Sambora or whatever he's called - and Cher. Together. In the same bed. Having sex. I mean, come on...the thought of that is enough to make you sick. Can you imagine all the posing that would pass for foreplay?

With all that plastic surgery and all those bits that have been lifted and rearranged into other parts of her body - how would you know what part of her you're REALLY having carnal relations with. I mean, he could be screwing her armpit for all he knew. Except there would be more room.

I wonder does Heather Locklear ever throw up at the thought of it.

April 4th, 2004 06:36 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
I mean, he could be screwing her armpit for all he knew. Except there would be more room.
Not necessarily. :P

*** Martha ***
April 4th, 2004 08:12 PM
corgi37 I dont have any bon jovi cd's to toss out the window either. But, i have a good idea. Download some songs, put them on a cheap CD-R and toss THAT out the window. That way you accomplish several things.
1. You made a statement and defended our band.
2. You tossed out some truly shit music.
3. You ripped them off and didnt pay for their music!!

Any band with a member called Tico, has got to be shit. Unless, its a Mexican band or something.

I loved the story where JBJ ordered Tico and that little bass player (who seems to have disappeared) to get liposuction some years ago. What a jerk. And how bloody stupid does his glow in the dark whiter than humanly possible teeth look in their last film clip? The biggest shame was the JBJ was in a vampire film produced by John Carpenter.
As for Kid Rock - He is not worthy of drinking Keith's piss.
April 6th, 2004 07:47 AM
gotdablouse Agreed on all counts, JBJ sounds like the little guy who tells the big guy he's going to kick his ass but will pass for now...

Having said that, I for one would be happier if since 1994, the Stones had interested in themseleves in the music (the reason we're all here for I suppose) rather than making boatloads of money, not that there's anything wrong with that, except when it makes you lose sight of what got you there.
April 6th, 2004 09:44 AM
Scottfree

[Edited by Scottfree]
Page: 1 2 3 4