ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More Whomiliation (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
30th March 2007 12:54 PM
glencar Nice abs!
30th March 2007 12:56 PM
Saint Sway I wanna board the magic bus
30th March 2007 12:58 PM
glencar You going tonight?
30th March 2007 12:59 PM
Jumping Jack Willie Nelson would love the Magic Bus!!!

Now you see how Roger recovered so quickly. Nothing live a bunch of hot, young, dunk and stoned skanks to get you back in the game!

30th March 2007 01:54 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Willie Nelson would love the Magic Bus!!!

Now you see how Roger recovered so quickly. Nothing live a bunch of hot, young, dunk and stoned skanks to get you back in the game!

Nice!
30th March 2007 01:56 PM
mojoman
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

that is righteous!!!
30th March 2007 01:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

A - FRIGGIN - MEN !
30th March 2007 01:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Did someone say hugs and drugs?

Dudes, get out of the “magic bus” and get some freash air and have your picture taken. Dang druggies!!!

Nice Pictures Jumping Jack

I wish I was there amongst my Whoian Kin .

A Magic Bus Indeed .

'Kins !
30th March 2007 02:05 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:

I wish I was there amongst my Whoian Kin .

30th March 2007 02:18 PM
jb Fourthmeal......the meal between dinner and breakfast....Late night hunger?
30th March 2007 02:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The Republican Party is NOT falling apart at the seams

************** SIGH *********************

30th March 2007 03:26 PM
_Boomy_
30th March 2007 03:52 PM
Jumping Jack For young Joeykins to consider at Friday Happy Hour from petefucious:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/NEWYORK-NY/WAXQ-FM/Pete%20Townshend%20int.%20%236.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=NEWYORK-NY&NG_FORMAT=classicrock&SITE_ID=1674&STATION_ID=WAXQ-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=Ken_Dashow&PCAST_CAT=Music&PCAST_TITLE=Ken_Dashow:_Live_At_5%21

Here is the transcript:

Pete:
"...and I think when you talk about the the reality of the Middle East and all that stuff, you know, the problem with that, Ken, is that if you're a soldier, if you're in the military, you sign up for this. You know, it's like being a cop on the street..."

Ken:
"Right...you know what's coming"

Pete:
"...Well, it's not that you know what's coming. It's just that you sign up for it. When you're in the rock industry, you sign up for some things. You sign up for the fact that you're never going to have any privacy, ya know...blah, blah, blah."

Ken:
"Right"

Pete:
"Um, if you're a, uh, military man, this is what you do. So, in a sense, it's...course, it's terribly tragic, and particularly, to be in a family. But, to be in a family that certainly starts to, sort of, arraign the President of the USA...you know, the Chief. To say, you know 'My son joined the army and you sent him back dead!'..."

Ken:
(snickers)

Pete:
"I mean, hold on a minute. You know, that's part of what you're paid for. It's part of what you're trained to do. And I just think because there's no heart in the war with terrorism. There's...we have no heart for it. We don't understand it. It's beyond our understanding. You know...this uh, the idea that somebody, like my song 'Black, Black, Black Wi-Widow's Eyes'..."

Ken:
"Right"

Pete:
"...How can a woman wrap herself with dynamite and go and walk over to a group of children, take off her mask, smile at a man on the other side of the room with a sexual glint in her eye, according to him, the story I read, and then blow herself up?!...and twenty children at the same time."

Ken:
"Where, where do you get to that point in your mind?"

Pete:
"Yeah. How, How do you process that? And, uh...the only way that I think we can process it is to bring love to the table. We can just say: 'Bless her. Love her.' That's all we know how to do. She's one of our race. She's not crazy. She's obviously committed...was...you know. But, try to bring some love to the table, because...And I think if our heart was more in what was happening in the battle...you know, I DON'T think these boys, I REALLY DON'T THINK these boys are dying in vain, 'cause if THEY'RE dying in vain, then that means that everybody that died in the last war died in vain. They're not dying in vain, and I think that, you know, America beats itself up so much about it's role as the world's police force. But, it's the world's police force because it is the world. It's the only country in the world which has completely and utterly open borders, you know. And I know that's not the case in Mexico, but you know..."

Ken:
"Right"

Pete:
"You know what I'm saying."

Ken:
"Right"

Pete:
"It's alw...it's traditionally been built on immigration, and um, so...I don't know. There's a lot of good stuff about the USA. There's a lot of bad stuff about the USA. I'm from outside and I should keep my mouth shut, but I certainly think in the case of, you know, what happens...to, you know, the difference between the reality of, of everyday lives going wrong under the microscope of show-business, you know...and that's happened to me, too."

Ken:
"Right, but..."

Pete:
"Um, is...is that it's different from being a soldier: a simple guy who wants to do some good. And then, finding himself in somewhere like Iraq, and his whole country telling him: 'You're not doing anything that's of any value'. Well, I think he is, personally. But that's..."

Ken:
"Right"

Pete:
"...just my view."

Ken:
"I'm doing what I can. I'm doing what they ask me to do."

Pete:
"That's right."

Ken:
"In, you know, going back to your writing...in, whether it was uh, a sweeping theme or the most intimate song in the world from STREET IN THE CITY...to be able to just reach in and get something that specific: 'I'm leaning on the wall with you.'...and, I think ultimately, you know, as haircuts come and go, and stage clothes come and go, and pyrotechnics come and go...in the end, like you said a while back, that we listen in our cars. Your music has been such a companion...it's been such a friend, I just feel better 'cause somebody else articulated it instead of me punching the steering wheel or punching the dashboard."

Pete:
"It's (a) different kind of music, isn't it, to the music of my parent's generation. 'Cause, of course, their...that...that music was fabulous in it's own way, and...but. It was the function of music that changed when...when we started, you know, and I think that came out of the fact that our music was based on...on the politicized folk music of Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie, Dave Van Ronk, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez..."

Ken:
"Right"

Pete:
"But it was also based on the...on the...on the soul searching acceptance of the Blues, which is...is that: 'I'm poor, I'm always going to be poor, but I have to find some way to get through the day. It was also based on the romance and the vision of...of pre-war and immediate post-war music, which was that music was to...was to make us forget our troubles. So that doesn't wrap it all up. But the main thing about the music world, that I called STREET IN THE CITY, the song you started, it's a classical piece really, isn't it?"

Ken:
"Right...absolutely."

Pete:
"Um, it's about rhthym. It's about rhthym being a part of modern life, and modern industry, and modern machines and...I wonder whether that's changing with the internet?"
30th March 2007 05:51 PM
Joey

Royale Albert Hall Saturday Night !!!!!!!

Developing ................................

31st March 2007 01:51 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah right... From what I understand, Youn Joeykins, is that you don't leave the Otothehoma the ha!!

Just saying---

TBS
31st March 2007 07:11 AM
Jumping Jack I love to give Joey the bird!!!:

[Edited by Jumping Jack]
31st March 2007 06:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I love to give Joey the bird!!!:

[Edited by Jumping Jack]

Ah , sweet Birdman !!!!!!!!

Looks like somebody had some fantastic seats . Nice

Thanks Jumping Jack --- I too am going through some Oooooooo withdrawal .

Royale Albert Hall this evening .

Developing .....................

'kins .

1st April 2007 10:22 AM
Jumping Jack Yo Joey, you are my number one fan!!!

2nd April 2007 09:13 AM
Jumping Jack Big Wembley Stadium Who Gig in Sept Planned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word I'm hearing is the show is to be in the massive new Wembley Stadium. Show should include several other top acts as well, and will be fillmed for a DVD release.

So now we know what the 06/07 DVD will be (althought I was really hoping there was going to be an officialy released comercial DVD of LAL2), and there is a great place for a Late Summer Summit.

2nd April 2007 10:42 AM
EELPIE Joey?

2nd April 2007 10:45 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Joey wrote:

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,677883,page=4
2nd April 2007 11:15 AM
Joey
quote:
EELPIE wrote:

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,677883,page=4

" As Adrian said,the Who were on terrific form even though they were jetlagged and definately second best live band in my eyes to the Stones!!!!Albert hall is a superb venue and I've always gone away from there realy elated.Great to have a couple of drinks before the gig with Adrian and seeing Paul just a few seats away from me.Also saw the Japanese couple who were at Arts' tribute.Bound to see them all over Europe I reckon.They do love their music those guys!!!! "

Nice .

Thanks So Much EEL !!!

'kins ! ™

2nd April 2007 11:16 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Big Wembley Stadium Who Gig in Sept Planned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word I'm hearing is the show is to be in the massive new Wembley Stadium. Show should include several other top acts as well, and will be fillmed for a DVD release.

So now we know what the 06/07 DVD will be (althought I was really hoping there was going to be an officialy released comercial DVD of LAL2), and there is a great place for a Late Summer Summit.

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples .

4th April 2007 09:38 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples .

I'LL DRINK TO THAT.

10th April 2007 09:19 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I love to give Joey the bird!!!:

[Edited by Jumping Jack]

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)