ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: o2 Dome Presale tickets Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th March 2007 01:24 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Can't commit so early as a number of things have to fall in place. I know of many wonderful hotels in London, and the flight is now direct from Fort Lauderdale. I am wondering how much tickets will be for the first 5 rows through a broker? I trust probably like here, 1-2k.

Will you go solo, if you go? I've got too much going on to commit, but I will leave it as possible. A Stones show out of the USA would be cool... BUT!!! Not really sure if I would feel satisfied, the excitement now is with the people I've grwon attached to around here, and not the band so much.
28th March 2007 01:27 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Will you go solo, if you go? I've got too much going on to commit, but I will leave it as possible. A Stones show out of the USA would be cool... BUT!!! Not really sure if I would feel satisfied, the excitement now is with the people I've grwon attached to around here, and not the band so much.

100% correct....the show means little without the bonding with fellow Rocks-Offers. If I go, it will be primarily a family vacation with the wife and kids, and the concert secondary. When you have seen as many shows as we have, it is, admittedly, hard to ever get back to the earlier times with your heart pounding as the band is about to hit the stage..as they say, familiarity breeds contempt. The get togethers, both before and after, make it a much more enjoyable event.
28th March 2007 01:36 PM
pdog I just pulled a single floor next to the b-stage 1st show, London... This show is not selling as well if I can get a floor ticket this late in the day...
the prices aren't that bad considering the exchange rate too...
150.00 GBP=294.506 USD
I paid almost $500. for NYC with all charges for a floor seat.
28th March 2007 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
I just pulled a single floor next to the b-stage 1st show, London... This show is not selling as well if I can get a floor ticket this late in the day...
the prices aren't that bad considering the exchange rate too...
150.00 GBP=294.506 USD
I paid almost $500. for NYC with all charges for a floor seat.

The public sale has started already??? Unlike the Police, another non-sellout? I can't believe they can't sell out one 20k seat arena!!!! This is a bad omen.
[Edited by jb]
28th March 2007 01:49 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

The public sale has started already??? Unlike the Police, another non-sellout? I can't believe they can't sell out one 20k seat arena!!!! This is a bad omen.
[Edited by jb]

just pre-sales so far, but like NYC, tickets will be trickled out up until showtime.
no sell outs, just faux pre-sales, fan club scams and alot of hype to push over priced tickets... I checked my summer plans, and London is out for me...
28th March 2007 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

just pre-sales so far, but like NYC, tickets will be trickled out up until showtime.
no sell outs, just faux pre-sales, fan club scams and alot of hype to push over priced tickets... I checked my summer plans, and London is out for me...

Wait for the return 08/09 tour...it will, imo, be the final cash grab, and I am sure we will be in for a few surprises.
28th March 2007 01:54 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Wait for the return 08/09 tour...it will, imo, be the final cash grab, and I am sure we will be in for a few surprises.

I will be living somewhere else by then... looking forward to moving, hopefully Austin TX, so I'll be able to jump around the country easily. And I'll have a ton of cash, homes there are affordable.... we could almost buy a home outright there in the next year...
28th March 2007 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

I will be living somewhere else by then... looking forward to moving, hopefully Austin TX, so I'll be able to jump around the country easily. And I'll have a ton of cash, homes there are affordable.... we could almost buy a home outright there in the next year...

Austin has become a very progressive town, with a great music scene. Sadly, it's located in Texas(see "W"). MY home has gone up 300k over the past few years, but I am precluded from moving b/c of the extremely high tax base I would incur.
28th March 2007 02:15 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Austin has become a very progressive town, with a great music scene. Sadly, it's located in Texas(see "W"). MY home has gone up 300k over the past few years, but I am precluded from moving b/c of the extremely high tax base I would incur.

That's huge...
The cost of living difference between here and there is 56%...
Austin is going to be awesome, if we go there. And right now, it's the only real choice in the USA...
28th March 2007 02:17 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's huge...
The cost of living difference between here and there is 56%...
Austin is going to be awesome, if we go there. And right now, it's the only real choice in the USA...

Omaha???
28th March 2007 02:25 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Omaha???

I've gone through that shithole to get to Iowa... Way to cold for me...
My other choices right now would be parts of CO, AZ and a few locations on the east coast, but that's a stretch... If I stay in California more than two more years, then I'm probably not leaving.
28th March 2007 02:42 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Say it ain't so. . . .you're leaving SF?
28th March 2007 05:15 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Say it ain't so. . . .you're leaving SF?

We are forming the exploratory commitee... we want to own a home...
28th March 2007 05:32 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
we want to own a home...

Ahh understandable. It's really hard to do here. . . .especially with kids.
28th March 2007 05:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Gazza, if I am able to come to London in August, can you arrange to put me in contact with a legitimate broker?

You taking the piss?

I dont deal with brokers so I dont know anything about their 'legitimacy'. I refuse to have anything to do with these bastards. They're killing rock n roll as are the people - and bands - who give them business.

[Edited by Gazza]
28th March 2007 05:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

The public sale HASNT started. Jesus. Amd as theyve announced two shows, they obviously know they can sell them.

If they cant sell out a presale, its a good omen that enough people who are supposed to be their loyal fanbase are able to see a scam when they see one and arent bothering.
28th March 2007 05:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
danielharris627 wrote:
Anyone reckon its possible to get from North Greenwich to Paddington before 11:30? It takes half an hour.

Because the last train home for me will be at 11:30. Assuming the concert finishes at 10:40ish, is it worth the risk?

Im not sure you can assume an end time for a concert in what is a new arena. The curfew could be 10.30, 11 pm or there may not be one at all.

With thousands of people going for public transport, could be a bit of a rush.
28th March 2007 06:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Im not sure you can assume an end time for a concert in what is a new arena. The curfew could be 10.30, 11 pm or there may not be one at all.

With thousands of people going for public transport, could be a bit of a rush.

The curfews always involve union workers here in the states, so a band like The Stones can afford the over-time costs if they decide to go on late...
28th March 2007 06:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

The curfews always involve union workers here in the states, so a band like The Stones can afford the over-time costs if they decide to go on late...

Yeah, but they never do....LOL...stingy bastards.
28th March 2007 06:43 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yeah, but they never do....LOL...stingy bastards.

They'll just keep shortening the setlists... It'll be down to 15 songs by August. Even though The Proposed setlist threads will have 30 song setlists.
29th March 2007 02:27 AM
danielharris627 Hmm, I guess I'll probably stay the night then, to be on the safe side. I am tempted to go to the 23rd too, maybe get tickets closer to if, off...ebay... :|
29th March 2007 04:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
danielharris627 wrote:
Hmm, I guess I'll probably stay the night then, to be on the safe side. I am tempted to go to the 23rd too, maybe get tickets closer to if, off...ebay... :|

I'd imagine you'd get a spare off another fan on the various boards between now and then for face value, to be honest

However,as youre 15 - how do you get somewhere to stay, if you dont mind me asking? Do your parents book you into a hotel or something?
29th March 2007 11:11 AM
danielharris627 Hopefully! Any idea if the 25th will take place? They'll probably see how well the first few days of the public sale goes, then decide if they should do the 25th or not.

And I don't mind you asking...Thats what I'm kinda worried about, my birthday is in September, so maybe the hotel won't be too fussed that I'm not quite 16.
I'm hoping, that is.
29th March 2007 03:04 PM
Gazza yeah but dont hotels need a credit card as 'security' ? You might need to check first that they'll let you stay on your own.

or else get one of the women on here to "kidnap" you

As for the 25/8/07. The Stones have whats called an "option" on that night, as far as Im aware. In other words, they have provisionally reserved the venue for that show in case they want to play it. So, it'll depend on how the first two shows sell, but I think its a strong likelihood there will be a 3rd show.
[Edited by Gazza]
29th March 2007 03:07 PM
jb Gazza, please update current presales...
29th March 2007 03:36 PM
Gazza what am I? Cohl's personal accountant? Ticketbastard's chief cashier?
29th March 2007 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
what am I? Cohl's personal accountant? Ticketbastard's chief cashier?

What are you expecting as far as the Dublin show? Will this be an extraordinary event?
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)