ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: o2 Dome Presale tickets Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th March 2007 03:47 AM
Voodoo Scrounge You guys probably already know, but if you are an o2 customer in the uk, you can get access to presale tickets if you text "Rolling" to 64202.

They go on sale tomorrow at 9am
27th March 2007 04:50 AM
Gazza Thanks. Interesting that they go on sale at the same time as the Legacy sale and before the Platinum presale.

I'm assuming that - like the AMEX free presale last year - they're less likely to be the "prime" seats down front, but its something to fall back on, at least.
27th March 2007 06:42 AM
egon does it 'only' hold 20.000 ?
27th March 2007 06:45 AM
Gazza Around that - yeah.

23,000 for shows "in the round" apparently but a bit less for an all seated show with an end-stage and that walkway/b-stage that the Stones use.
27th March 2007 06:49 AM
egon funny, it looks very big on the pics
27th March 2007 07:01 AM
Gazza yeah but thats the dome itself. The 02 Arena is only one part of the complex, as far as I'm aware.
27th March 2007 08:29 AM
nasalwizard Once again I am livid, i am a platimum lecacy memeber and O2 customers have got the same chance as me of getting a good ticket tomorrow. Michael Cohl really is an arshole
27th March 2007 08:51 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah but thats the dome itself. The 02 Arena is only one part of the complex, as far as I'm aware.

Thats right, there is lots of other things inside the dome, including a cinema, shopping mall and offices
27th March 2007 10:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
Once again I am livid, i am a platimum lecacy memeber and O2 customers have got the same chance as me of getting a good ticket tomorrow. Michael Cohl really is an arshole

I'm not sure thats the case (not the "Cohl is an arsehole" bit - we all know that part is accurate).

The 02 presale is at the same time as the Lgeacy presale - ie, 9 am. The Platinum presale is at 11 am.

From past experience of "free presales" (see Amex last year) I'd be very surprised (and outraged) if the tickets available to 02 customers were the same as the ones offered to fan club members.

For example, last year for Twickenham the best that the AMEX members were offered were Block B (£150) on the pitch, and they could buy 12 of them. Cue lots of misguided would-be amateur ticket touts buying them in bulk, putting them on e-bay right away thinking they had the 'best seats' and the wondering why they werent getting their money back on them. The Stones and Cohl dont care what happens to the tickets because theyve sold the tickets at face value. Their concern is soley to do with selling them and not who is dumb enough to pay £150 for a very ordinary ticket.

The fan club and fan asylum tickets had better access to tickets in Block A. Ideally, that'll be the case tomorrow.

So - remember it's :

9 am - Legacy members and 02 customers
11 am - Platinum members.
27th March 2007 10:43 AM
GotToRollMe From the MobileChoice website:

http://www.mobilechoiceuk.com/artman/publish/article_381.shtml

O2 customers get first dibs on Rolling Stones tickets

O2 customers able to purchase tickets 48 hours before general release

If you're an O2 customer that happens to be a Rolling Stones fans then you're in for a big treat. The network is letting its patrons buy tickets for the Stone's gig at the O2 Arena on 21st August, a full 48 hours before general sale (Friday 30th March), avoiding the hassle of engaged phone lines and congested internet tickets sites.

These tickets for the Stone's 'A Bigger Bang 2007 Tour' are expected to sell out in minutes so to avoid a lifetime of regret, O2 customers should text 'ROLLING' to 64202 now, where you will receive a password that enables you to purchase up to 4 tickets. You must then go to www.theo2.co.uk/blueroom on Wednesday 28th March at 9am where they will be able to buy tickets through Ticketmaster. Who said you can't always get want you want?
27th March 2007 10:51 AM
nasalwizard Guess we will just have to wait until 9am tomorrow
danielharris627 Argh...I just want to know ticket prices. Officially.
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
If you're an O2 customer that happens to be a Rolling Stones fans then you're in for a big treat.

Thats me then.

I will be online and will probably get some tickets on the o2 presale.
I dont think that there will be such a thing as a "bad seat" in the o2 dome. I have a friend who worked (all be it as a labourer) on the site. He said that it is quite intimate although it does hold 20,000.
Its certainly no Twickenham.

I will let you guys know what happens as soon as I find out!
27th March 2007 11:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
danielharris627 wrote:
Argh...I just want to know ticket prices. Officially.

Interesting that they havent been leaked yet.

No doubt we'll be saying more than "aargh" when we log on and find we're paying twice as much as the rest of Europe yet again.
27th March 2007 11:42 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No doubt we'll be saying more than "aargh" when we log on and find we're paying twice as much as the rest of Europe yet again.

Hey, someone has to pay for this tour right!

I'd be glad to trade you the situation for some 'cheap' 85 euro tickets giving access to a muddy field in the middle of nowhere, without FOS, together with 60.000 of your closest friends!
27th March 2007 12:28 PM
Gazza Ticket prices confirmed as £70-£150

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/12003E7BAC602F48?artistid=806216&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
27th March 2007 12:33 PM
Angiegirl Eur. 103 - 220
USD 137 - 295

As expected.
27th March 2007 01:09 PM
Juha In Helsinki "Events Club" by organizer/promotor "Welldone" had their own presale for their members. The tickets available were not as good as the ones that were available at the fan club. Fan Club tickets were much better. "Events Club" presale began earlier.
27th March 2007 01:14 PM
Jeep This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke

This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke
[Edited by Jeep]
27th March 2007 01:15 PM
jb Has anything "sold out" yet???
27th March 2007 01:17 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Has anything "sold out" yet???

Only the band..............
27th March 2007 01:46 PM
Dan
quote:
egon wrote:
does it 'only' hold 20.000 ?

I saw a picture of the inside in the new Pollstar, and it doesn't look even that big.
27th March 2007 01:47 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I saw a picture of the inside in the new Pollstar, and it doesn't look even that big.

Aerosmith playing thr Javitz Center for Robinhood fundraiser..tickets at $3000...
27th March 2007 02:17 PM
glencar That's a write-off for those who buy Aerosmith tix.
27th March 2007 03:05 PM
Gazza SEATING CHART FOR STONES SHOW AT O2 ARENA

[Edited by Gazza]
27th March 2007 03:06 PM
Gazza >This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke - This is a joke

it fucking better be!
27th March 2007 03:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

http://novogate.com/board/968/235473-2.html

Looks big enough to me, even from the perspective of a computer image
27th March 2007 05:28 PM
Gazza 02's site has now confirmed a second show on the 23/8/07 and will be selling tickets for it tomorrow too, it seems

http://blueroom.theo2.co.uk/

Stil nothing "official" about this show elsewhere, althugh Ticketmaster briefly confirmed it earlier by mistake before removing it

see post here : http://novogate.com/board/968/235473-4.html
27th March 2007 06:17 PM
Stray Cat UK Gazza, Do you mean that tickets for he 2nd show are on sale direct from O2 or are both shows available through ticketbastard ?

sc uk
27th March 2007 06:19 PM
Flairville If you go here;
www.the02.co.uk/blueroom
it gives you the direct link to TM
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)