ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pete Townshend: The Police aren't "classic rock" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
27th March 2007 03:02 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

No. That's a chromosome.

And you didn't know what I meant...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
27th March 2007 03:02 PM
glencar Hmmm, the Police had their moments.
27th March 2007 03:05 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hmmm, the Police had their moments.

Had...
27th March 2007 03:07 PM
glencar Oh yeah, their recent displays are pathetic.
27th March 2007 03:09 PM
jb The are selling out everywHERE...multiple times!!! I had no idea they were so popular!!!
27th March 2007 03:10 PM
glencar Corporate types.
27th March 2007 03:10 PM
lotsajizz ...and the Stones are not?

right

OK now

Cazart!

27th March 2007 03:11 PM
pdog I love Cazart.
27th March 2007 03:12 PM
glencar Mozart cazart!
27th March 2007 03:13 PM
jb I remember they had a huge tour in early 80's...but I had no idea people were still interested. I guess the college kids from the 80's who follow U2 also love the Police...very unfortunate that Stones lost so may fans at that time...we only have about 500k hardcores around the world.
27th March 2007 03:16 PM
glencar I think more than that. I'd guess 3 million around the world.
27th March 2007 03:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think more than that. I'd guess 3 million around the world.

5,000 who have spent 3 million
27th March 2007 03:21 PM
glencar LOL It's closing in on $100K for moi!
[Edited by glencar]
27th March 2007 03:25 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
The are selling out everywHERE...multiple times!!! I had no idea they were so popular!!!

They were still on top when they broke up and they kept selling records with lots of airplay the last 23 years. The last tour had several sold out stadiums or multiple nights in arenas.

You want to buy an excellent Vegas ticket for $91?
27th March 2007 03:26 PM
glencar I wouldn't go see them for free. Seriously, they are boring.
27th March 2007 03:28 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wouldn't go see them for free. Seriously, they are boring.

Pete is balder than Keith, but plays much better.
27th March 2007 03:29 PM
glencar Pete? He's in the Two, not the Cops.
27th March 2007 03:29 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Pete is balder than Keith, but plays much better.

You should hear Joe Perry or Tony Iommi these days.
27th March 2007 03:31 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Pete? He's in the Two, not the Cops.

I saw Andy Summers solo twice at the Baked Potato. It's a cool place that only holds about 50 (!!) and has a killer menu comprised solely of various baked potatoes. I think I had mine with spinach, scrambled eggs and jalapenos. I wish they would book another decent show so I could eat there again.
27th March 2007 03:32 PM
glencar You can go w/o having Stewart playing...
27th March 2007 03:33 PM
lotsajizz I saw the Police in '83 at the Orange Bowl when I was a UM sophomore...the Fixx and the Animals opened up....I felt like the only kid enjoying the Animals set...Burdon was fine form

27th March 2007 03:34 PM
glencar I would have gone for the Animals alone! I loved them back then.
27th March 2007 03:36 PM
Dan
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I saw the Police in '83 at the Orange Bowl when I was a UM sophomore...the Fixx and the Animals opened up....I felt like the only kid enjoying the Animals set...Burdon was fine form

That would have been a killer bill. I think the Animals were all original members then. Andy Summers was in a latter day Animals line up.

Eric Burdon was on the marquee and program for the Beat It Wally benefit in January but was sadly a no show. Was looking forward to seeing him.
27th March 2007 03:36 PM
Joey " I would have gone for the Animals alone! I loved them "

27th March 2007 03:37 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I would have gone for the Animals alone! I loved them "

Chicken shit, get off my screen! You are a solid B-lister.
27th March 2007 04:03 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Dan wrote:

That would have been a killer bill. I think the Animals were all original members then.

Yes, they were...it was the original lineup that night, Price, Chnadler, Burdon, et.al.......

the Fixx sucked...but all the new wavers ate 'em up!!

27th March 2007 04:04 PM
lotsajizz btw...Joey is beyond any petty lists devised by those with terminal penis envy

27th March 2007 04:05 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Yes, they were...it was the original lineup that night, Price, Chnadler, Burdon, et.al.......

the Fixx sucked...but all the new wavers ate 'em up!!

Red Sky's at night, oh,oh~!!! lol!!! saw then on Lauderdale beach at the once great spring break...
27th March 2007 04:05 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Chicken shit, get off my screen! You are a solid B-lister.

Blue .............................

Seriously , your posting skills have deteriorated remarkably these past few years .

Time for you to break it all down and ask yourself this one very , VERY important question , " Why DO I want to continue posting on Roling Stones' Message Boards ? "

Why ?!

WHY ?!

Joe Sea Scroll .
27th March 2007 04:07 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
jb wrote:

Red Sky's at night, oh,oh~!!! lol!!! saw then on Lauderdale beach at the once great spring break...

it was cloudy over the Orange Bowl that night, some moron next to me was going on as the lights reflected off them...."ooooh, man, look...RED SKIES...and it's night, wow Man!"

I remember my first joint too

Cazart!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)