ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith "We might make another album after we promote this film" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd March 2008 05:38 PM
Poison Dart I thought this interview (The Times Online)had some pretty encouraging news from Keith and Charlie on the future of the Stones.

Keith is quoted as saying "I think we might make another album. Once we get over doing promotion on this film"

Charlie: "I think we should carry on. It seems that whenever we stop I get ill"

Keith: "We love what we do, simple as that. We were the whipping hounds, you know, but thats calmed down. Honestly I'd do this job even if I were in a wheelchair"

I guess there was not much behind all the rumors a year or two ago about about Charlie quitting the band.

Looks like a 2009 album and tour may be in the works.

22nd March 2008 06:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

I guess there was not much behind all the rumors a year or two ago about about Charlie quitting the band.

There never was anything behind it. Some people mentioned on various sites that he had been "quoted" as saying this in an interview, but whenever you asked them to provide the evidence, no one ever seemed to have it!

Complete fabrication.

Blondie Chaplin told fans a few days ago that the Stones wont now be touring in 2008, but that he's "heard talk" about it happening in 2009.
22nd March 2008 06:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Blondie Chaplin told fans a few days ago that the Stones wont now be touring in 2008, but that he's "heard talk" about it happening in 2009.

The Far East is probably the only possible market for The Rolling Stones .

Europe is completely saturated and the United Sates is rapidly falling into an economic Depression so I really do not think Four Hundred Dollar Ticket prices will fly anymore .

Developing .....

Shiver ................

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

Joey ' Herbert ' Hoover ! ™
22nd March 2008 06:57 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

He got ill again?

Quite honestly, if Charlie thinks they should go on, to me this proves beyond any doubt that there's a solid Stones future ahead that only natural forces (God forbid) can stop.
22nd March 2008 06:57 PM
RichardHurrah You don't get it, they're making for fun, not for money.
Free album available on the net and free gigs wherever they're invited to play.
Even if we don't have a penny left they won't stop playing, they cannot stand silence
22nd March 2008 07:42 PM
Stonesian Fox Whoooopty Do!
22nd March 2008 08:16 PM
Some Guy Oh no he ditn't
22nd March 2008 08:34 PM
gotdablouse Interesting, although I don't think "making an album" is the hard part, they could make one in their sleep, the hard part is coming up with songs of interest, that make for great album...heck even Sheryl Crow's latest one has better stuff than anything Keith's written since...I don't know when.

I say they shouldn't bother unless they REALLY want to make an album that lives up their once high standards.
22nd March 2008 09:17 PM
Poplar
"Sex Farm is on the Japanese charts..."

23rd March 2008 12:10 AM
Poison Dart I hope they can deliver one last GREAT not just very good album.

There are rumors (not much to back these rumors up at the moment)floating around the net that Ronson (Amy Winehouse) may be producing a new Stones disc.
23rd March 2008 02:00 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There never was anything behind it. Some people mentioned on various sites that he had been "quoted" as saying this in an interview, but whenever you asked them to provide the evidence, no one ever seemed to have it!

Complete fabrication.

What evidence exactly are you looking for???

Yet once again, you are doubting their word Mr. Gazza.

I think they intend on it. I am sure no studio is booked. I doubt they even have an official or definitive time the writing/recording will start.

But I am basically positive they do plan on it.

In fact ....they just said so. What do you think they plan on doing in the near future? Retiring? They are The Rolling Stones Gazza. You know that.

Retire? Not just yet Sir. They stated they will continue and another album will be recorded.

If health issues do not arise (and let's sincerely hope they don't) they plan on another album and tour coming up after this film thing is over.

Ian

23rd March 2008 04:32 AM
Slavegirl I pretty much believe whatever Gazza says. He could tell me that the world was found to be flat and I would beleive him. If we all have to wait till 2009 to see them again, so be it!!!!! God I hope its true!! 2009! Woo hoo!
23rd March 2008 04:38 AM
Slavegirl P.S....what the hell's a whipping hound

quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I thought this interview (The Times Online)had some pretty encouraging news from Keith and Charlie on the future of the Stones.

Keith is quoted as saying "I think we might make another album. Once we get over doing promotion on this film"

Keith: "We love what we do, simple as that. We were the whipping hounds, you know, but thats calmed down. Honestly I'd do this job even if I were in a wheelchair"

23rd March 2008 06:32 AM
corgi37 Trouble is, they have no record label. So unless they do a 1 record deal, with whatever record company it is, getting a large cut of a subsequent tour, then how are they going to make a record.

And, if a record company takes a cut of the tour receipts, well, hello $1,000 "premium deluxe" seats.

Why dont they just cut 2 tracks, release it as a download single? Last album, despite all the hullaballoo, sold shit in the U.S.

Pack of ungrateful Yanks!
23rd March 2008 07:11 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I hope they can deliver one last GREAT not just very good album.

similiar thoughts since 83.
23rd March 2008 09:48 AM
gotdablouse 83 ? Honestly the last time they took music seriously and made an album that mattered was Exile. It's been downhill ever since, with a slight rebound on B2B for some reason.
23rd March 2008 10:18 AM
Lavendar
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I thought this interview (The Times Online)had some pretty encouraging news from Keith and Charlie on the future of the Stones.

HAPPY EASTER!

Made my Day. *_*

NEW NEW NEW!

OH MY..... :}
23rd March 2008 11:18 AM
mmdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ian you are misunderstanding Gazza's post. He is saying that the rumors of no more Stones activity are false. He was talking about the supposed Watts quote during the tour. Honestly, I am glad there is going to be no tour this year, if it means a new album and tour in '09.
23rd March 2008 11:59 AM
Poison Dart
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Trouble is, they have no record label. So unless they do a 1 record deal, with whatever record company it is, getting a large cut of a subsequent tour, then how are they going to make a record.

And, if a record company takes a cut of the tour receipts, well, hello $1,000 "premium deluxe" seats.

Why dont they just cut 2 tracks, release it as a download single? Last album, despite all the hullaballoo, sold shit in the U.S.

The Stones will get some type of untraditional record deal along the lines of The Eagles or Paul McCarthey. By the way those deals gave both acts big sales numbers and a lot of publicity.

While I admit the sales of "A Bigger Bang" were not spectacular. They did hit #1 on the world + European charts as well as get to #3 in the USA.

In the digital era ABB was a moderate success. Records even by "current artists" simply don't sell like they did 20 years ago.

A great record + promotion to the right demographic (see The Eagles/McCartey) should boost sales to a more than respectable level and a 2009 tour would do quite well.

Lets just hope they can make one last late in the game classic. I may be naive, but I think the Stones can still make a record (even at this late date) that could shock people. Something along the lines of what Carlos Santana did a few years back. Although Keith would need to come out of his writing slump of the last few years for that to happen.

23rd March 2008 12:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Complete fabrication.

What evidence exactly are you looking for???

Yet once again, you are doubting their word Mr. Gazza.

I think they intend on it. I am sure no studio is booked. I doubt they even have an official or definitive time the writing/recording will start.

But I am basically positive they do plan on it.

In fact ....they just said so. What do you think they plan on doing in the near future? Retiring? They are The Rolling Stones Gazza. You know that.

Retire? Not just yet Sir. They stated they will continue and another album will be recorded.

If health issues do not arise (and let's sincerely hope they don't) they plan on another album and tour coming up after this film thing is over.

Ian

What on earth are you talking about?

I never quoted anything the Stones said anywhere in my post.

Any chance you could read what I said before misquoting me?
23rd March 2008 12:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Ian you are misunderstanding Gazza's post. He is saying that the rumors of no more Stones activity are false. He was talking about the supposed Watts quote during the tour.

Correct. Thank you. Thought it was pretty obvious what I meant considering I quoted Poison Dart's post in replying to him!
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd March 2008 12:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
I pretty much believe whatever Gazza says. He could tell me that the world was found to be flat and I would beleive him.

NOW you tell me!!!
23rd March 2008 12:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Trouble is, they have no record label. So unless they do a 1 record deal, with whatever record company it is, getting a large cut of a subsequent tour, then how are they going to make a record.

I think they've just released two SAL songs as a download single (as Tears Go by/She Was hot), no?

The days of them making traditional long-term record deals are over. Major record labels are on their way out anyway, and no label in their right mind would give a large advance to a band in their mid 60s who have made four records in two decades.

Personally speaking, I think that if they choose to make another record, it'll be something along the lines of what Madonna has recently done with Live Nation (maybe even what Macca did with Starbucks). Their main modus operandi now is as a touring band with a marketable brand identity and a back catalogue that somehow manages to sell in large quantities regardless of how many times its repackaged. Income from new releases is way down on the list of priorities by comparison.

They dont need to commit themselves to anyone long term with deals like that. It's really just a distribution thing.
23rd March 2008 12:17 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
I pretty much believe whatever Gazza says. He could tell me that the world was found to be flat and I would beleive him. If we all have to wait till 2009 to see them again, so be it!!!!! God I hope its true!! 2009! Woo hoo!

don't confuse yourself. god and gazza kinda sorta do sound the same.....but there is a HUGE difference.
[laughs]
23rd March 2008 12:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

don't confuse yourself. god and gazza kinda sorta do sound the same.....but there is a HUGE difference.
[laughs]

My bowels DO move in mysterious ways, though....
23rd March 2008 12:46 PM
axl79 Before a new tour the sure need a new fresh album release, it seams a bit late for both a new album and a tour in 2008, but it will not surprise me if they announce the "Shine a light world Tour"
23rd March 2008 01:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
axl79 wrote:
Before a new tour the sure need a new fresh album release, it seams a bit late for both a new album and a tour in 2008, but it will not surprise me if they announce the "Shine a light world Tour"

Not this year. You'd have heard talk of it by now, and whilst there may have been tentative plans late in 2007 for a small number of shows in 2008, there hasnt been a whisper of anything now for some months.

I honestly think they just dont know how to make the break with tradition and do any form of touring on a smaller scale. It seems that it has to be the whole mega tour thing or nothing at all. It's going to have to change at some point.
23rd March 2008 02:02 PM
Sister Morphine I think when even CHARLIE says a thing like that, it should'nt be ignored, under any circumstances!

I remember Keith saying - somewhen in the middle of the Bigger Bang Tour - that, since they'll never stop until one of them leaves the band (which means: until one of them dies, they might do another tour, because one of them dieing won't happen too soon and therefore there will be enough time.

Anyhow, I for one was always confident that A Bigger Bang wasn't the last we'd see and hear of the Stones!! Keep on rolling!
23rd March 2008 02:05 PM
Some Guy A new album done right could be bigger than disco.
23rd March 2008 03:54 PM
axl79
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Not this year. You'd have heard talk of it by now, and whilst there may have been tentative plans late in 2007 for a small number of shows in 2008, there hasnt been a whisper of anything now for some months.

I honestly think they just dont know how to make the break with tradition and do any form of touring on a smaller scale. It seems that it has to be the whole mega tour thing or nothing at all. It's going to have to change at some point.

Well, the ticket prices in such kind of venues would come to be ridiculous. The demand for seen the Stones is HUGE, that's reality!
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)