ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith "We might make another album after we promote this film" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
25th March 2008 04:30 PM
Dan Blues is more than technique, it's a feeling - I don't think they can even be very convincing with the genre aside from the occassional token.
25th March 2008 04:54 PM
sammy davis jr. I think the Stones have a good blues album in them.....And if they can't write any, then do up some of their favorites-
minimal overdubs, instrumentation and production. And let Jagger play mucho harmonica. I think it would be a great way to end their legacy, by going right back to where they started.
25th March 2008 04:59 PM
mrhipfl Blues versions of their greatest hits would be a sweet idea.
25th March 2008 05:05 PM
Gazza Its certainly a style they can play well, and I agree they could make a fine blues record.

Not sure they'd do an album of covers, though. They like their publishing royalties too much!

They very rarely play any blues in concert now, which is a shame. Did they play any on the last tour apart from the occasional 'Back of My hand' (which was actually very good when performed live)? (I'm not counting 'Midnight Rambler')

Time was when they were confident their audiences could appreciate that sort of music. Nowadays I dont think thats the case. Mick is even reluctant to sing more than one ballad per show now. He obviously thinks the audience has the collective attention span of a gnat. It shows a bizarre lack of self confidence by someone who is after all one of the most captivating performers who ever stood in front of a microphone.
25th March 2008 05:27 PM
Fiji Joe I thought they very easily could have made Some Girls II out of ABB...If they wanted to...It was clear to me that with ONNYA and Rough Justice, they can still achieve that sound and overall bedlam...Alas, Jagger's Sheryl Crow and Dave Stewart influence won over...I think if they set out to make the worst record possible it would end up being the best record possible...
25th March 2008 05:29 PM
LordUlster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I thought they very easily could have made Some Girls II out of ABB...If they wanted to...It was clear to me that with ONNYA and Rough Justice, they can still achieve that sound and overall bedlam...Alas, Jagger's Sheryl Crow and Dave Stewart influence won over...I think if they set out to make the worst record possible it would end up being the best record possible...

There is wisdom to be found here...
25th March 2008 07:36 PM
Sioux
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No chance, I'm afraid. Not much $$ in blues and they seem to have pretty much given up on that genre aside from the occasional token gesture.

Yep Gazza, you're right...that's just what I would LIKE to hear from them. I do hope there are still some songs left in those boys somewhere....some good/interesting songs...
25th March 2008 07:41 PM
Sioux Ok, so, how about this..? "The Rolling Stones do the Great American Songbook"...ha ha! Ain't it about time that Jagger croons a bit and Keith does a bit of acoustic? "I gep a kick out of you, sweetie pie..." lol I'm trying to imagine Jagger singing Gershwin right now.....
25th March 2008 08:04 PM
sammy davis jr. If The Rolling Stones did the Great American Songbook I would shit nails. The sad part is it would probably outsell their last 4 albums combined. I do think they need to recognize they do look silly as 70 year olds trying to rock out....blues would be very appropriate however. I'm willing to produce this surefire project for a mere 3 points of gross sales.
25th March 2008 08:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
If The Rolling Stones did the Great American Songbook I would shit nails. The sad part is it would probably outsell their last 4 albums combined. I do think they need to recognize they do look silly as 70 year olds trying to rock out....blues would be very appropriate however. I'm willing to produce this surefire project for a mere 3 points of gross sales.

Youre correct about the 'standards' album, sadly.

Personally, if they were making a 'theme' record, I'd prefer a country one, myself.
25th March 2008 09:20 PM
mrhipfl Or a complete record of new acoustic material. That would be awesome. Keith still has great, melodic acoustic chops in him.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)