ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith "We might make another album after we promote this film" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd March 2008 04:05 PM
Gazza By "smaller scale" I mean doing 20-30 shows without having to do an album to justify the need to tour (which was the rumour for 2008), not a two year trek of about 150 shows.

There isnt really any difference between prices in stadiums and arenas anyway.
23rd March 2008 04:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Sister Morphine wrote:
I think when even CHARLIE says a thing like that, it should'nt be ignored, under any circumstances!

I remember Keith saying - somewhen in the middle of the Bigger Bang Tour - that, since they'll never stop until one of them leaves the band (which means: until one of them dies, they might do another tour, because one of them dieing won't happen too soon and therefore there will be enough time.

Anyhow, I for one was always confident that A Bigger Bang wasn't the last we'd see and hear of the Stones!! Keep on rolling!

I honestly dont think they know HOW to stop, anyway.

We're long past the stage where there's remotely any danger of the band splitting up due to internal problems.

They may work less frequently together in years to come, and so there may be some kind of 'semi retirement' eventually, but at this point in their career, the only way the Stones are going to split up is when one of them curls up his toes or they are so physically incapacitated it's simply not possible anymore

[Edited by Gazza]
23rd March 2008 05:04 PM
axl79
quote:
Gazza wrote:
By "smaller scale" I mean doing 20-30 shows without having to do an album to justify the need to tour (which was the rumour for 2008), not a two year trek of about 150 shows.

There isnt really any difference between prices in stadiums and arenas anyway.

ok, but if they do Europe they have to do the US and then we are talking of more than 20-30 shows. And whithout a new album we are stuck again listen to all warhorses another round.
23rd March 2008 05:30 PM
GotToRollMe I think this bear's repeating.

23rd March 2008 06:10 PM
Sioux
quote:
Gazza wrote:

NOW you tell me!!!

So, it's true??!!
23rd March 2008 06:26 PM
LadyJane For God's sake

LISTEN TO THE FANS FOR ONCE

IF you make another album GO BACK TO YOUR BLUES ROOTS.

Next Tour...God willing...SCALE IT DOWN.

We don't need the Vegas act guys.
Arenas and club shows. NO STADIUMS.

RO will be happy to do the setlists for ya

LJ.
23rd March 2008 08:37 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What on earth are you talking about?

I never quoted anything the Stones said anywhere in my post.

Any chance you could read what I said before misquoting me?

Sorry Gazza. I apologize. I thought you meant the excerpts from the interview, or perhaps the basis for them touring at all and recording again were a fabrication in itself.

Then I thought you had listed Blondies comment below concerning them touring in 08 or maybe 09 as more of this fabrication.

Wasn't trying to make a big deal about it. I was just shocked at the notion you felt it was all fabricated.

Again my apologies for the mis-interpretation of your post.

Ian
23rd March 2008 10:23 PM
Gazza No problem, Ian. Sorry if I sounded like a twat.
23rd March 2008 10:28 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
A new album done right could be bigger than disco.

I'm concerned they don't know how to make a "proper" album anymore though, it seems they tried hard with ABB and it's really "forgettable" to put it mildly. They need to break the mould, make a blues record with stuff like BOMH or an Exile type record, everyone would be ecstatic if they did, like they were when Dylan came out with his 500th variation on old blues tunes for hist latest album, last but not least stop writing songs about their d***s, where are the guys who wrote "Salt of the Earth"!
[Edited by gotdablouse]
24th March 2008 01:24 AM
Sioux
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

where are the guys who wrote "Salt of the Earth"!
[Edited by gotdablouse]

Dudes are OLD...{wink}
24th March 2008 06:42 AM
gotdablouse So they should be wiser and all the more capable of writing stuff of the caliber of SOTE !
24th March 2008 10:05 AM
mojoman i'll buy it............
24th March 2008 10:43 AM
cabin A quote from a very old...very very very rich man
24th March 2008 10:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
stop writing songs about their d***s, where are the guys who wrote "Salt of the Earth"!

Unfortunately at this stage theyve still got a little more use for their dicks than they have for the Salt of the Earth!
24th March 2008 10:57 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Unfortunately at this stage theyve still got a little more use for their dicks than they have for the Salt of the Earth!

Show me a man who doesn't???????

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
24th March 2008 11:21 AM
CraigP
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Trouble is, they have no record label. So unless they do a 1 record deal, with whatever record company it is, getting a large cut of a subsequent tour, then how are they going to make a record.

Ask Radiohead.
24th March 2008 11:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Show me a man who doesn't???????

LJ.

and er..that's about it...
[Edited by Gazza]
24th March 2008 12:25 PM
Sister Morphine
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I honestly dont think they know HOW to stop, anyway.

We're long past the stage where there's remotely any danger of the band splitting up due to internal problems.

They may work less frequently together in years to come, and so there may be some kind of 'semi retirement' eventually, but at this point in their career, the only way the Stones are going to split up is when one of them curls up his toes or they are so physically incapacitated it's simply not possible anymore

[Edited by Gazza]

Agreed.
24th March 2008 01:40 PM
polytoxic
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
For God's sake

LJ.

We can dream but I'd venture that won't happen.
I'd say it's a safe bet it will be stadiums, vegas act, just like you've known and loved
The trick is to lower your expectations: see the show near you for sure, and if you travel to multiple shows-do it solely for the fun and don't expect much variation in the setlists/performance.
To the Stones, merely existing at this point is all the new ground they need to break.
2009 - BEST VEGAS WARHORSE STONES YET!

24th March 2008 09:46 PM
BluesMafia21
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
For God's sake

LJ.

Amen.

Stones need to return to the form that brought them here those many many years ago before some of us were even born.

Apologies to our older fans in here of course...

25th March 2008 01:00 AM
Sioux Ahhhh, no apologies necessary for me... I wouldn't take anything for having lived during those incredible, exciting, life changing years that we call "the 60's". So, even if I have to be a girl in my mid 50's now {but you'd never know it..}, it's worth it to have been there and experienced those events firsthand!
25th March 2008 01:28 AM
IanBillen A Bigger Bang was a nice breath of fresh air in my opinion. A solid rock album that can kick some ass.

A very simple album that did not really take any chances but it was straight forward rock based Stones in your face and we needed it. I was pleased with it even though there were no super, stand out singles like Love Is Strong or Anybody Seen My Baby. Just basic hard rocking Stones.

Very nice. Actually they (and some of us) needed that one to get us back on Track.

Wonder what they will go for next time?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
25th March 2008 09:21 AM
Some Guy I refuse to hold my breath for this one.
25th March 2008 09:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
A Bigger Bang was a nice breath of fresh air in my opinion. A solid rock album that can kick some ass.

A very simple album that did not really take any chances but it was straight forward rock based Stones in your face and we needed it. [Edited by IanBillen]

ABB did not kicked my ass.
It's my ass that kicked ABB!!
25th March 2008 09:52 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I lost that disc and have made very little effort to locate it.
25th March 2008 10:00 AM
mojoman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

the new disc is gonna make ABB look like LIB.......
25th March 2008 10:06 AM
Some Guy
quote:
mojoman wrote:

the new disc is gonna make ABB look like LIB.......

and then depression set in...
25th March 2008 10:39 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

I lost that disc and have made very little effort to locate it.

25th March 2008 12:21 PM
Sioux
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Wonder what they will go for next time?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

Well, there's probably no chance of this, but I would love to see them go back to their {and Brian's} blues roots and put out a blusey project...at least more blues numbers than not.
25th March 2008 03:57 PM
Gazza No chance, I'm afraid. Not much $$ in blues and they seem to have pretty much given up on that genre aside from the occasional token gesture.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)