ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Album News......from Shidoobee. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-20-04 07:39 PM
Mr Jimmy I'll never disagree that Mick can sing us a love song so divine, or that Keith can tell us all about the laying with out the paying BUT... all this chitter chatter about new songs has my poor feet a itchin' for some rock'n'roll with the emphasis on the roll, complete with all of the original, pulsating connotations. Are there no more easy lays on the white house lawn? What you saaay?
03-21-04 02:12 AM
IanBillen
quote:
sandrew wrote:
I gotta agree with Ian's post above ... The likelihood they'll delve into '70s outtakes is nil. I'd say the earliest they'll stretch back is the VL sessions.

********Glad someone sees this the same way as**************
Personally I think much of it will be from
what they recorded on the road from the Licks tour.
-The Stones were HOT on the Licks tour- Hot as I have seen them since the 89 Steel Wheels extravaganza. I think they sounded tighter than they ever have and they had a renewed Stonesy energy unlike the recent tours. I was hoping they would record on the road since they were sounding so great this tour and Keith says they did alot of just that. I am anxious to hear the results.
Ian
03-21-04 06:05 PM
Monkey Woman OK, the news about the tour is in the British tabloid The Sunday Mirror:

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showAddReplyScreenFromWeb?topicID=7676.topic

"STONES TO GO ON TOUR NEXT YEAR

Mar 21 2004

EXCLUSIVE

By Ben Todd Showbiz Editor

THE Rolling Stones will tour the world next year - when Jumping Jack Flash Mick Jagger will be a veteran 62.

Sir Mick, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts had a meeting to decide on their future plans earlier this month in Paris.

At the secret summit, the band agreed to go out on the road next year.

When they take to the road, Sir Mick will have his 62nd birthday in July.

The huge tour, likely to last at least nine months, is on course to net the band up to �200million.

A Rolling Stones insider revealed: "They love touring so much they're delighted they will be going on the road again."

The band's most recent tour ended last autumn. A spokesman for the band said: "The Rolling Stones have always said they will tour forever."

The band is also releasing all their original singles on CD in boxed sets of 10."

So they are talking about starting a tour in the summer of next year. Not what we heard from MRDEEE and Stonesdoug's sources but then, time will tell.

To stress that early press announcement don't always amount to much: I just found this tidbit from 1999 on E!Online:
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0%2C1%2C5325%2C00.html

"If the reports are true, the Rolling Stones will celebrate the new millennium with yet another tour, to launch in 2001.

According to the British tabloid, The Sun, the veteran rockers are organizing a string of summer stadium dates in the United States, followed by a winter tour in the U.K. The tab makes sure to note that, by 2001, the still-rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood) will boast a combined age of 230--the equivalent of 14 Britney Spearses.

"They love going on the road. They were even talking about another tour during the last one," an unnamed "close personal friend" tells The Sun. "Everybody has been writing the band off, but the old money-making machine keeps rolling on. They might be getting on a bit, but there's no stopping 'em." "

Sounds very similar but nothing came out of it.
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
03-21-04 09:00 PM
LadyJane My money is on Mr DEEE and Stonesdoug.

I wouldn't trust the British tabloids to print the correct DATE!!

LJ.
03-22-04 09:56 AM
StonesChick This is great news! Will is be 2004 or 2005?

I don't remember the "combo". What is that?
03-22-04 05:11 PM
Gazza >So they are talking about starting a tour in the summer of next year. Not what we heard from MRDEEE and Stonesdoug's sources but then, time will tell.

The "Sun" also broke the world exclusive of the 2001 World Tour which was to visit the US in summer '01 and the UK in the autumn of the same year.

(oops... I just reread MW's post and hadnt realised she'd unearthed that very story in her post! Sorry!)

I dont think theyre even aware that theres other markets apart from the US and Europe.

I wouldnt pay any attention to dates. They dont know for sure and right now I doubt anyone does. The concept of the Stones going into the studio in May to dust off some old songs (the reason being that theyre racing against the clock) and then waiting 14 months to go on the road is somewhat implausible. Since the last couple of months of the Licks tour the smart money has been on the Stones going back on the road either late in 2004 or early in 2005. Every rumour since or news story about their studio activity has pointed towards one of those two scenarios being the likely outcome.

Nostradamus couldnt predict dates either - just events. And its the event thats more important.

[Edited by Gazza]
03-22-04 05:21 PM
Joey " Nostradamus couldnt predict dates either - just events. And its the event thats more important. "

Ooooooooooooooo !!! I LIKE that one .

Jacky !

03-22-04 05:25 PM
Snappy McJack Do you people not get it?

This is the Stones sick way of staying in the news!

a)They are not going to tour
b)They are not going to record
c)They are hoping that people will look at the "news" and say "Hey, maybe I should pick up Four Flicks! Oh, and look, there's a NEW box set of singles!! Yeah!"

Haven't they been doing this for years? Man, they got people in the palms of their hands!

It's the business. It's ugly, but they stay in the news, have people make shit up, and (some) people will be flocking to the stores when those stupid box sets of singles come out.
03-22-04 05:55 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Do you people not get it?

This is the Stones sick way of staying in the news!

a)They are not going to tour
b)They are not going to record
c)They are hoping that people will look at the "news" and say "Hey, maybe I should pick up Four Flicks! Oh, and look, there's a NEW box set of singles!! Yeah!"

Haven't they been doing this for years? Man, they got people in the palms of their hands!

It's the business. It's ugly, but they stay in the news, have people make shit up, and (some) people will be flocking to the stores when those stupid box sets of singles come out.

yeah... like that over a year long "Licks Tour" - that was so made up. and just to sell more copies of a stupid best of - and here they are doing it again

03-22-04 11:42 PM
Poplar
yep - i was SURE those were imposters!!!!!

03-23-04 12:21 AM
ResidentMule well I wasn't close enough to the stage to really tell for sure. and I have no way of really confirming those other 100 shows or whatever actually happened since I wasn't there. this is another one of those hoaxes like the moonlanding

I'm not saying all the rumors have to be true, but they're at least consistant enough and logical. and since the first time I visited this board, the major "rumors" I can remember were A) the 40th Anniversary Tour announcement where the band would arrive on a blimp B) the secret pre show clup date in Toronto on whatever the date was in August, and C) Four Flicks and all three of those rumors hit the nail on the head
03-23-04 06:37 AM
zebulon
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
well I wasn't close enough to the stage to really tell for sure.

LOL!
quote:
I'm not saying all the rumors have to be true, but they're at least consistant enough and logical.

Damn right.
And don't forget, Charlie cancelled his dates. Which else confirmation do you want/need? I mean, really...
Them boys are cooking, they are breeding the new stuff. I'm waiting for my friends!
03-23-04 05:22 PM
Some Guy One day soon, I will be cruising in my car and the dj will say: coming up next I have the new Rolling Stones single from their new album titled --- ------ ------! And I will proceed to crap my drawers!
03-23-04 05:33 PM
ResidentMule hey someguy - what do you have to say to all the van halen stuff right now?
03-23-04 05:48 PM
Some Guy Not happy about them still being Daveless! I guess they have a best of with a couple of spammy songs. I read a great interview with Dave in Rock magazine, killer pictures!! I had to watch my 83 US festival tape after that. Not really sure what to expect.
Page: 1 2 3 4

BEST VIEWED HIGH