ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Album News......from Shidoobee. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-18-04 05:52 PM
stewed & Keefed Over on Shidoobee, Stonesdoug said he has heard that the new album is going to be a number of songs that are in their vault and around 4 new songs.
MRDEEEEE Says
When Mick and Keith got together in Barbado's last month the crew had reels of all kinds of outtakes from over the years as well as the new stuff recorded in Paris last year...apparently they picked several gems from the vualts and about ten off the Paris sessions to work on when they hit the studio's in Paris in May.
03-18-04 05:55 PM
Joey

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples .
03-18-04 06:10 PM
Bob Tamp Hope Keith's "You got it made" from Voodoo sessions makes it. I think this is a great rocker like "How I Wish"
God, the stuff in the vaults sounds great. The best Stones music is like fine wine- it gets better with age. We all know there is tons of stuff that the band thought was crap at the time, but would sound great today, and be considered new to most of the public and even Stones maniacs.

I say put out 2 great albums- one by Sept for limited US shows, and South America( and start releasing great rocking singles again) and then put out another album by June 05 for the major world tour.

This way we could get five or 6 new songs live, and they could retire at least some of the war horses. If you remember, the Stones always played new shit when they went out on tour and lots of it( until Steel Wheels) Now they rely almost completely on their old classics. I want to hear some new songs live. Watch Ladies and Gentleman, all the songs are mostly new. the oldest ones are SFM. and JJ FLash.

Yeah, 2 albums in a year is wishful thinking on my part, but I can still dream.
03-18-04 06:26 PM
gotdablouse Last year Shidoobee told us we'd have a new album in July with 13 new songs ;-)

Still this "Tattoo You Too" makes sense, this is what Mick was working on in late 2001 and discussed in "Le Monde" and somehow ditched, I guess he got lazy!
03-18-04 07:29 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Joey wrote:

That, without a doubt, is the funniest thing I have read!
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
03-18-04 07:50 PM
corgi37 How i hope its true.
03-18-04 08:07 PM
Poplar
Ideas come flooding in!!!!

I'm Going Crazy (that almost instrumental from the some girls sessions)
Fiji Jim (holy shit i would die)
We Had It all...

oh my god. THIS is what we need. new and old. yin and yang. Mick and Keith. booze and drugs.

let your nipples do the typing.
03-18-04 08:12 PM
LadyJane I knew it!! I knew it!!

Going to the "vaults".

Brilliant.

LJ.
03-18-04 08:16 PM
Poplar
Drink beer while listening to the new stones album?

Brilliant!
03-18-04 10:48 PM
IanBillen
You know,
I wasn't going to say anything but with all due respect
StonesDoug=
How do you know,.....Gee, I mean are you in contact with Virgins Lawyers? Do you have Don Was's e-mail? Although I am sure the Stones have a definate game plan by now if something is to take place this fall but I don't think maybe the Stones themselves know 110% of what all will be included in the final cut and what will not this early....Gosh.
Ian
03-18-04 10:51 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
How i hope its true.

what, that joey's typing with his nipples??
03-18-04 11:35 PM
McQueen Vaults?

Sounds so...mysterious.

Mystery after all these years. Unbelievable!

Typing with one's nipples? Impressive nipples those!

Give 'em a pinch for me then, and let's see what's in those vaults shall we?

Anyone remember the combo?
03-19-04 12:09 AM
glencar Ian Billen, Stonesdoug doesn't need me to defend him but you should know that he's been highly accurate in the past. I have many of the outtakes already so I'm kind of hoping they work out some new stuff & it dominates the new release.
03-19-04 12:23 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ian Billen, Stonesdoug doesn't need me to defend him but you should know that he's been highly accurate in the past. I have many of the outtakes already so I'm kind of hoping they work out some new stuff & it dominates the new release.

03-19-04 05:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man Cheers for posting this Steve. I think this is great news, especially if they polish up some of those Voodoo Lounge outtakes. I WOULD prefer an album full of brand-new material, but 4 songs are better than nothing. I'm pretty psyched. 40 Licks aside, this is going to be the first Stones studio album released since I've been a fan, or is that obsessed fanatic? LOL

Sounds like we�re going to get Tattoo You 2!

Alex
03-19-04 05:30 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I WOULD prefer an album full of brand-new material, but 4 songs are better than nothing.

I'd prefer a 100% new album as well. I hate to be complaining, but hey, can't they just sit down and write a full studio album after six whole years? Whatever happened to the inspiration? Just 4 new ones? It's not a new studio album, it's more like a compilation They could release a separate "From the vaults" and i'd be happy - but to wait for a new album and get only 4 new tracks? *sigh*

Nagging, nagging, nagging... But they've gotten us used to high expectations, it's their mistake
03-19-04 06:36 AM
bez85 SAD SAD SAD!!!!!
03-19-04 06:51 AM
M.O.W.A.T. I suppose if the internet had been around in '81, we would all be sitting around complaining that Tattoo You was just a bunch of outtakes thrown together also! Personally, I would like to see some of these outtakes and demos polished up and released on an official album. So what if there are only 4 "brand new" songs that make the cut, if I remember correctly, Don't Stop was the only real good one to appear on 40 Licks (with apologies to those who liked the other three).
03-19-04 07:23 AM
Monkey Woman Tattoo You II? Sounds good! One of the best albums of the past 25 years. Remember what gems are still lying in the vaults, known only to the hardcore fans... Will they release Highway Child? Claudine? I hope so!
Salivating like a Pavlov dog...
03-19-04 07:31 AM
Maxlugar Joey "wrote":

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples

[quote]M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

That, without a doubt, is the funniest thing I have read!

Macky writes:

Thanks!

03-19-04 08:27 AM
glencar Did people back in 1981 get disappointed because they'd already heard previous outtakes of "Tops" and others?
03-19-04 08:28 AM
Snappy McJack Oh boy. Looks like the Stones are causing a frenzy again by having people create rumors...again. Maybe they're trying to get the sales of Four Flicks and their catalogue up a bit.

Look, it looks hopeful, but come on; a new album out this year when they start recording in late May? Impossible. Why not start in April? Why not start now? Doesn't seem to be a high priority to get it done for the Fall if they are waiting 'til late May to record a studio album, does it?

I think everybody is in for a let-down if they think that a brand new album (whether it is a Tattoo You 2 or all brand new) will be out before this year is out.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
03-19-04 08:33 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Tattoo You II? Sounds good! One of the best albums of the past 25 years. Remember what gems are still lying in the vaults, known only to the hardcore fans... Will they release Highway Child? Claudine? I hope so!
Salivating like a Pavlov dog...

But as you say Monkey Woman, many of the outtakes are already known to the hardcore fans and / or can be found in bootleg form. What's the point of buying an album that contains songs you can listen on a bootleg too? To check out the polished version? Maybe so, alright, and I don't want to be the ever nagging fan here, but I'd rather have a new album anytime over polished outtakes.

Before the rumours about the new album circulated, I really didn't mind whether they released new material soon or not, because I was kind of happy with things as they were - listening to and seeing the Stones live still is more important to me than waiting for new material. Might sound a bit odd, but that's how I feel. But when suddenly all this hype gets out and we're expecting a new album, it's sort of a let-down to find out "new" translates to "4".

Either way, I suppose the rumours are getting to our heads and I guess more waiting should be in order before I start nagging And of course all my nagging will cease the minute the new baby hits the stores, lol.

But you know how it is, I think we all want the best from the Stones (cause we know they can do it) and I'm angry to see them getting lazy and searching through the tapes to give us a little something after six damn years. Not to mention that if they decide to do this now, then it'll be even harder to expect any new material after that - especially if there's going to be another of these year-old gaps between releases. So my suggestion is: Glimmers, get your act together, lock yourselves up in some kitchen, sit down and WRITE SOME GOOD STUFF!
[Edited by FotiniD]
03-19-04 08:40 AM
Snappy McJack I think it's a shame when people say that they shouldn't release an album because it will contain songs that they have stored in a vault.

Just because people at message boards know about them doesn't mean 10 million other people do.

Blame it on the internet that you own the boots with outtakes!
03-19-04 08:40 AM
glencar I wonder if an outtakes album will result in lower sales?
03-19-04 08:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
I think it's a shame when people say that they shouldn't release an album because it will contain songs that they have stored in a vault.

Just because people at message boards know about them doesn't mean 10 million other people do.

Blame it on the internet that you own the boots with outtakes!

I'm not saying they shouldn't release an album because it contains older songs.

But really, wouldn't you rather listen how the Stones sound TODAY instead of what they sounded like three or five or ten years ago?

There will be plenty of time eventually (as said, in about three hundred years from now ) for releasing the unheard gems. But what I'd really like to listen now is how the Stones are writing music today, what inspires them, what they have on their heads to say now, not a decade ago.
03-19-04 08:48 AM
Snappy McJack Eh, maybe I'm coming from the vantage point in that I don't know about many of the outtakes. So I guess that it wouldn't bother me too much, you know?

But I do see a point in your view. But who knows, these are only rumors (ones, that I believe, will not come to fruition - at least this year).
03-19-04 09:06 AM
shakedhandswithkeith [quote]FotiniD wrote:

<>

That`s right. Most of us already have the old unreleased stuff. I have a feeling that they will make it themself very easy. They made very good studio records ALL the last time and now they will give us the second old/new mix. I can`t understand that. I want to hear new rocksongs, new ballads and what the fuck more new songs. an old/new mix album never had that feeling like a studioalbum.

Matthias
03-19-04 09:20 AM
FotiniD
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
an old/new mix album never had that feeling like a studioalbum.
Matthias

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. In practically fewer words
03-19-04 10:02 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Joey wrote:

LOL! You're the funniest guy in the board! I love your sense of humor. Keep on!
Page: 1 2 3 4

BEST VIEWED HIGH