ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Art Wood tribute gig
York House, Twickenham, London - 25 March 2007
© Adrian-L; thanks a lot!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger's Voice Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th March 2007 03:28 PM
yellerstang IMHO, Jagger was the first white singer with an overtly sexual, raw delivery. Black singers had been doing it for years, but Jagger was the first white one to do it. That's really the ground he broke as a performer. His voice combined with his high energy stage performance made for an unprecedented package.

And that's always what I liked about him more, than any of his peers.

It's also the reason why I don't enjoy him as much since '89. You take away the rawness, and you take away one of the core things that made him so special.

I always think of Start Me UP (the studio version). For its time, that was an extremely provocative song. he's just oozing sex on that one. Anytime anyone else tries to take a stab at it (Daltrey, Blondie, American Idol people), they come off as just happy/virginal i.e. plain vanilla.
16th March 2007 03:29 PM
glencar Blondie & some Idolites attempted SMU? That's gotta be gold!
16th March 2007 04:58 PM
lotsajizz I saw Blondie cover SMU at Sunrise in summer 1982, in between high school and UMiami....the concert was a B/B- but her band had major talent, especially the drummer....Clem I think his name was....
16th March 2007 04:59 PM
glencar Yes, Clem Burke. He hated Debbie Harry & Chris Stein.
16th March 2007 05:05 PM
lotsajizz He should. Those two assholes shit all over the rest of the band. Blondie was a GROUP. Debbie forgot that...so she is now dead to me....
16th March 2007 05:13 PM
glencar Well, well, well, I found the video!

16th March 2007 05:44 PM
yellerstang It's gold, Jerry! Gold!!
16th March 2007 05:44 PM
glencar More like fool's gold!
17th March 2007 06:39 PM
Ronnie Richards Go listen to Rocks Off from Four Flicks, or Oh No Not You Again...
Mick doesn't sing anymore - he shouts..
Mick was an excellent singer in the 60s and 70s - not so anymore, he lacks timing, range.. soul - sadly, so do the other Stones..
17th March 2007 06:50 PM
guitarman53 It mentioned earlier about him quitting smoking, when exactly did he?
18th March 2007 08:44 AM
luxury1 He does shout on the rockers--I too, prefer the soulful vocal delivery, which he can still deliver on the slower numbers. He seems to enjoy singing Tumblin Dice, the verses on You Cant Always Get What you Want, and for the ballads he truly emotes. THat is why I am always yearning for the smaller venues--more playing/singing from these guys and less posturing/running around.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)