ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Tonight: Carlo Little Memorial Gig
7.30 PM at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, London
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ninea abs shae monkey!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
17th March 2006 12:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello LJ!!! Hope all is well.............Brooke, sadly, has infant GERD which is very painful...we are trying some baby antacids but so far nothing works..she has, thankfully, gained 3 lbs!!! Doctor says she will eventually grow outof it....
Unfortunately, you will probably be in Amsterdam when we need you

Oh no...don't tell me our lil ROCC member has her FATHER"S penchant for illness.

She'll be fine!!!! Ahem....pictures please!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I have given up Amsterdam. So my services are yours if you so decide to use them.
17th March 2006 12:25 PM
glencar Come to London, LJ!
17th March 2006 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Oh no...don't tell me our lil ROCC member has her FATHER"S penchant for illness.

She'll be fine!!!! Ahem....pictures please!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I have given up Amsterdam. So my services are yours if you so decide to use them.

Keep hope alive(see Jesse Jackson circa 81). You can make it happen if you really want to.............................>Amen.
17th March 2006 12:29 PM
glencar Jesse has changed the lyrics of Funkytown to "Hymietown". I hope he's no hero of yours.
17th March 2006 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jesse has changed the lyrics of Funkytown to "Hymietown". I hope he's no hero of yours.

Jesse's famous "hymietown" comment forever changed my opinion of him , and quite frankly, african americans. As a jew, whose parents marched with Dr, King and were involved with civil rights, the whole african-american thing of bias towards jews(see Farakhan) really hurt. I use to donate $$ and stuff to NAACP, etc, but as the Sharptons and others spewed their venom, it made me, sadly, become prejudice.
17th March 2006 12:36 PM
glencar It shows that racism isn't just a white thing.
17th March 2006 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
It shows that racism isn't just a white thing.

Absolutely correct...the hatred of Jews by many african americans is stunning and very hurtful....It is a stereo-type, that sadly, has perpetuated itself among mainstram african americans. Jews were their allies in the fight for civil rights, and yet, they(some) blame us for their economic state........................I have a real problem with that part of the dem party....
17th March 2006 12:53 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

Jesse's famous "hymietown" comment forever changed my opinion of him , and quite frankly, african americans. As a jew, whose parents marched with Dr, King and were involved with civil rights, the whole african-american thing of bias towards jews(see Farakhan) really hurt. I use to donate $$ and stuff to NAACP, etc, but as the Sharptons and others spewed their venom, it made me, sadly, become prejudice.

Are you fucking kidding me jb?

Jesse Jackson owns the largest beer distributership in the Midwest in the USA, probably the entire US

Every time some drunk or VoodoPug cracks a Bud at the United Center (Stones, U2, Macca, etc) or Wrigley Field (Cubs-81 games a year) or any bar north Sears Tower Jesse cashes in

Not bad for a "Reverand" eh?

Tell me you were lying about donating to Jesse

So much for Rosa Parks

Drink Bud
[Edited by telecaster]
17th March 2006 01:01 PM
Jumping Jack
www.suntimes.com
Back to regular view
http://www.suntimes.com/output/otherviews/cst-edt-ref13.html

Farrakhan's 'false Jews' rhetoric is age-old bigotry
March 13, 2006

BY MICHAEL C. KOTZIN

Louis Farrakhan is back. For decades he has gained notoriety for making provocative statements about Jews and others, statements that he and his followers have routinely then attempted to explain away.

What is at stake is far more than a loosely uttered phrase or two. In his rhetoric, Farrakhan has given new life to traditional anti-Semitic themes of Jewish conspiracy, Jewish control and Jewish villainy. He has used age-old images that demonize the Jewish people.

So it was on Feb. 26, when Farrakhan trotted out a concept that derives not from contemporary reality but from age-old bigotry, proclaiming to a packed United Center that "neo-cons and Zionists have manipulated Bush and the American government, and our boys and girls are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for the cause of Israel, not for the cause of America." His audience surely knew what was implied when he referred to those "neo-cons" as constituting "the synagogue of Satan" and when he spoke of the "wicked state of Israel."

When Sister Claudette Marie Muhammad, a Nation of Islam official named last August to the reconstituted Governor's Commission on Discrimination and Hate Crimes, invited her fellow commissioners to Farrakhan's speech, this was what she was bringing them to hear. Her subsequent failure to condemn Farrakhan's language or even disassociate herself from it then brought its own fallout.

Sister Muhammad not only did not repudiate what Farrakhan said. She actually echoed some of Farrakhan's most inflammatory language.

Farrakhan asserted that "false Jews promote the filth of Hollywood that is seeding the American people and the people of the world and bringing you down in moral strength." Explicitly linking his anti-Semitism to homophobia, he went on to say: "It's the wicked Jews, the false Jews that are promoting lesbianism, homosexuality."

Farrakhan's contemptuous talk of "false Jews" as opposed to "true Jews" could have reminded his listeners of an infamous speech given in 1993 by another Nation of Islam follower named Kahlid Abdul Muhammad, who had proclaimed that "the so-called Jew ... is sucking our blood in the black community." Muhammad had gone on to tell his audience of kindred spirits that "you are the true Jew."

When Sister Muhammad defended her suitability for remaining on the commission by saying, "I respect those who practice the true tenets of their faith, be it Islam, Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism or any other religion," she was picking up on vocabulary and concepts long espoused by both Farrakhan and other Nation of Islam spokesmen.

There are contemporary echoes of this kind of language that help explain why members of the Jewish community are taking all of this so seriously. For example, a leader of Hamas, the Islamist Palestinian terrorist organization dedicated to eliminating Israel that has patented the use of suicide bombing, was quoted in the Feb. 27 issue of the New Yorker saying: "Now the fashion world, the media -- it's controlled by Jews.... Freud, a Jew, was the one who destroyed morals, and Marx destroyed divine ideologies. ... And now it is the Jewish lobby in the United States that is setting policy in the world and causing the United States to wage war all over the world." You might almost think that he and Farrakhan have the same speechwriter.

As the local crisis has evolved, the Governor's Commission on Discrimination and Hate Crimes has ironically become a platform for circulating the kind of hate speech that it was created to combat. Anti-Semitism has been turned loose.

But while many political figures and editorial writers around the state have condemned Farrakhan's bigotry, in many quarters this controversy, like many previous controversies involving him, has somehow been falsely cast as a battle between the Jewish and African-American communities. Its true meaning and impact have thus not been adequately addressed.

This crisis that never needed to happen is a human relations disaster playing out in the political arena. The longer it lasts, the more the societal atmosphere in Illinois will be poisoned by the rhetoric of Louis Farrakhan and his followers, and by the silence of those who let it stand as mere words.

Michael C. Kotzin is executive vice president of Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.

17th March 2006 01:14 PM
telecaster
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Jesse cashes a check for EVERY Bud drank north of Sears Tower (Not the SOUTH SIDE).. everytime whitey drinks a Bud
Jesse goes "ching"

Farrakehens son attempts to run over his daughter
on the south side of Chicago and it is WHITEY'S fault
per Farrekhan

And Jesse tries to boycott The Stones because black reverands just want to own beer dist.

Please....someone ask tele howe Jesse got the largest beer dist in the US

Please....

17th March 2006 01:28 PM
Maxlugar [quote]telecaster wrote:

?????

BTW, say goodbye for me to all your family and friends in the great state of Israel thanks per Iran

And I am being sincere

They are down to hours now

Thank Jesus they don't have a long range missile YET that can reach Chicago etal

Thank Jesus once they launch we will throw 50 tactical nukes on them via our Sub sitting of their coast

The stone has rolled away from the cave entrance and THIS man is BACK!!!!

Glorious stuff Tele!

Glory, glory alle-Tele! Glory, glory all-Tele!

17th March 2006 01:29 PM
jb JJ is a wise man and one of the few rocking his ass of at RCMH with me!!!!
17th March 2006 01:30 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]telecaster wrote:

?????

BTW, say goodbye for me to all your family and friends in the great state of Israel thanks per Iran

And I am being sincere

They are down to hours now

Thank Jesus they don't have a long range missile YET that can reach Chicago etal

Thank Jesus once they launch we will throw 50 tactical nukes on them via our Sub sitting of their coast

The stone has rolled away from the cave entrance and THIS man is BACK!!!!

Glorious stuff Tele!

Glory, glory alle-Tele! Glory, glory all-Tele!

I think we(Israel) will act before they do...we are just waiting for the word(see W).

17th March 2006 01:39 PM
Maxlugar [quote]jb wrote:

I think we(Israel) will act before they do...we are just waiting for the word(see W).

Word will come. With such a low approval rating, W is free to do whatever he wants!

YEAH!!!!!

BA-BOOM!!!!!
17th March 2006 01:42 PM
jb [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:

Word will come. With such a low approval rating, W is free to do whatever he wants!

YEAH!!!!!

BA-BOOM!!!!!
[/quot

W, like me, love Israel!!! that's one thing I do like about him!!!
17th March 2006 01:45 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
[quote]Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:

YEAH!!!!!

BA-BOOM!!!!!
[/quot

W, like me, love Israel!!! that's one thing I do like about him!!!

Do Jews drink Bud?

Israel will take all that shit out anyway

WORD!

Hey jb.....Happy St. Patty's Day you Irish Stones fan
17th March 2006 01:49 PM
jb Thank you Tele!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the day of love!!!
17th March 2006 01:56 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:
Thank you Tele!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the day of love!!!

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20060317/2006-03-17T151327Z_01_N12232814_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-BIRDFLU-DC.html
17th March 2006 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20060317/2006-03-17T151327Z_01_N12232814_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-BIRDFLU-DC.html

http://www.local6.com/news/8065834/detail.html
17th March 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Jesse cashes a check for EVERY Bud drank north of Sears Tower (Not the SOUTH SIDE).. everytime whitey drinks a Bud
Jesse goes "ching"

Farrakehens son attempts to run over his daughter
on the south side of Chicago and it is WHITEY'S fault
per Farrekhan

And Jesse tries to boycott The Stones because black reverands just want to own beer dist.

Please....someone ask tele howe Jesse got the largest beer dist in the US

Please....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-csteroids16mar17,0,6926537.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines
17th March 2006 02:02 PM
Jumping Jack JB,

All of the mezzanines were rocking out and having the time of our lives following your lead on the floor. We were awaiting the General's command to come down and storm the stage, LOL!!!
17th March 2006 02:06 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
JB,

All of the mezzanines were rocking out and having the time of our lives following your lead on the floor. We were awaiting the General's command to come down and storm the stage, LOL!!!

I saw many of you, but you stood out as you were dead center 2nd floor..I was waving, but no one seemed to notice...I was sitting next to a a bunch of people dryer/staler than Phyllis Dylers cha-cha............(Joey insert picture).

[Edited by jb]
17th March 2006 02:13 PM
pdog There's alot going on in this thread...
17th March 2006 02:16 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
There's alot going on in this thread...

When does Mick Taylor make his apperence on Kansas 81(which I just received from the Pugmeister???).
[Edited by jb]
17th March 2006 02:26 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
When does Mick Taylor make his apperence on Kansas 81(which I just received from the Pugmeister???).
[Edited by jb]

I don't know or care...
17th March 2006 02:28 PM
Joey " I was sitting next to a a bunch of people dryer/staler than Phyllis Dylers ( incredible sic ) cha-cha "

17th March 2006 02:29 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

I don't know or care...

17th March 2006 02:32 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I was sitting next to a a bunch of people dryer/staler than Phyllis Dylers ( incredible sic ) cha-cha "

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17th March 2006 02:34 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure !!!

........ cha - CHE !!!!

17th March 2006 02:36 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:
[Edited by jb]

He's quite apparent on "Black Limosine".

SV

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)