ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006 Setlist, Reviews & Pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th March 2006 08:09 PM
LadyJane Final show of the North American Leg of A Bigger Bang.

Shidoobee reporting that the B52's are on the Stage.

I shall post setlist here as we get it.

1) Jumping Jack Flash - 9:08
2) It's Only Rock & Roll
3) Shattered (for Shidoobee's in the house)
4) Oh No, Not You Again
5) Tumbling Dice
6) Worried About You (Mick on keyboards singing falsetto)
7) Gimme Shelter
Midnight Rambler

Introductions

9) This Place Is Empty - 9:59
10) HAPPY
11) You Got Me Rocking (on a mini-B stage, they just walked out on it - Keef is on FIRE!!!)
12) As Tears Go By (Keef & Ronnie on acoustic guitars)
13) Get Off My Cloud
14) Sympathy for the Devil (back to main stage)
15) Honky Tonk Women
16) Start Me Up
17) Brown Sugar
18) YCAGWYW
19) Satisfaction.

******And the house lights come up.

"Til the next time we say goodbye..I'll be thinking of you!"

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
14th March 2006 08:40 PM
pdog I wish we were there...
14th March 2006 08:45 PM
gimmekeef Yes,,....this should be a goodun...pdob btw your Rio audio discs mailed out today..enjoy....
14th March 2006 08:49 PM
corgi37 I'm waiting for those Rokettes ot appear. They gotta. Surely.
14th March 2006 09:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG Got the flu bug, but I'll try to hang. Sure wish we were all there with Blue

WAY,Rambler and Shelter!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
14th March 2006 09:42 PM
pdog Of all those shows I attended, never got to see WAY this tour... If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...
14th March 2006 09:50 PM
jaggergurl *Sigh*.... why am I not in NYC????

Our Boys are sure taking a bite out of the Big Apple...

WAY.. swoon!
14th March 2006 09:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sounds like the first show in Buenos Aires
14th March 2006 10:11 PM
Riffhard Apparently there is not a Nebraskan in the house! No Omaha here! The Stones in NYC a perfect fit every time!

Riffy
14th March 2006 10:16 PM
LadyJane The Gang's all here.

We've had quite the ride, haven't we kids??

If I can't be inside RCMH...I can't think of a better place to be than RO tonight.

LJ.
14th March 2006 10:18 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The Gang's all here.

We've had quite the ride, haven't we kids??

If I can't be inside RCMH...I can't think of a better place to be than RO tonight.

LJ.

Indeed P! Indeed!

Riffy
14th March 2006 10:32 PM
jaggergurl AMEN LJ!!

14th March 2006 10:35 PM
gimmekeef I always count my lucky stars to be so lucky back in 1962 to have said to myself..."fuck these guys are good think I'll see where this goes".....its still going!!!!!!!
14th March 2006 10:36 PM
pdog I Hope Maxy went down, and got in....
14th March 2006 10:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG LJ Don't make me cry!!

Sure has been lots of fun sharing these setlist nights with my RO buddies!!
14th March 2006 11:00 PM
pdog And so it ends...Unless
14th March 2006 11:55 PM
monkeyman62 ridiculous cookie cutter setlist for this show,if i laid
out 7 grand i would take them to court, are you kidding me
14th March 2006 11:58 PM
Riffhard 17? Is that it? You gotta be kidding me,right?

Riffy
15th March 2006 12:06 AM
RollingstonesUSA From RS.com 19songs

Date: Mar 14, 2006
Location: New York City - UNITED STATES - Radio City Music Hall

Set List
JJ Flash
It's Only Rock And Roll
Shattered
Oh No Not You Again
Tumblin' Dice
Worried About You
Gimmie Shelter
Midnight Rambler
This Place Is Empty
Happy
You Got Me Rocking
As Tears Go By
Get Off My Cloud
Sympathy
Honky Tonk Woman
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction
15th March 2006 12:07 AM
StartMeUp13 OMG...guys I just got back...Mick was on FIRE...he was not like this the whole tour...He was crazy he walked up to the mezzanine section along with keith and he was talking to people up there and jumping around and punching and kicking constantly! This show was great!!! Best show for me...the whole tour! Great seats too...first row center mezz...Rock On Stones!
15th March 2006 12:36 AM
wellwell Hey all.

I do not post often, but I feel compelled.

I just got back to Brooklyn. Let me just say AMAZING SHOW tonight. I have been fortunate to see the Stones 3 times this tour (Albany, 1/20 MSG and tonight) plus Roseland 02 and this was a fucking fantastic show. Underrated Albany was all about power, and Roseland was about tightness, tonight was about the groove. You people who know that groove, know what I am talking about. No one was the star tonight, they all just clicked into that groove and it was a delight.

Aside from Keith and Ronnie getting lost a bit during IORR before the bridge there was NOTHING to complain about. Shattered (which really worked in 78 and was a galloping horse in 81, but lately not so much) hit the groove this time. Amazing version. Tumbling Dice which they have played 1000 times gave me tingles because of the groove. Keith at one moment went all the way to the left of the stage and leaned against the wall and just hung in, digging the groove. Ronnie just laid down sweet B-bender licks that complemented the groove and Charlie was in the zone. Worried had Mick telling the band to bring it down so they could revel in the groove. Midnight Rambler had Ron, Keith and Darryl huddling in front of Charlie the whole song, following Keith's rhythmic instincts. I have seen them rock this song (and I have to say it is consistently the best, most interesting number they perform these days) but tonight it was about the groove, which was heaven.

OK. I am repeating myself now, but I think you get the point. They were locked in. They were tight but loose, with Mick and Keith calling out song changes. Which means during Sympathy it was as much about what they did not play as they did. Charlie was throwing in beats and accents I don't usually hear, as he did in YCAGWYW. The standards kicked ass because they found a new groove to them tonight. Ronnie was doing weaving patterns I have NEVER heard him play before in Start Me Up, Brown Sugar and Satisfaction like it was a 78 Beast of Burden jam.

And can I say that Radio City does not have a bad seat. Not one. I have seen Neil and Crazy Horse there as well as that Strokes/ White Stripes show and the sound is perfect, the place is majestic, and tonight the bar was an open bar til 10:30, of which there are at least 10 scattered about. A great show.

So the highlights:

Shattered in the zone.
Tumbling Dice
Worried About You (Mick says as he sits down at the piano, "Well it looks like I get to sit down for a bit, I hope it is not Candle In The Wind")
Rambler (of course)
As Tears Go By
and amazingly Honky Tonk Women sounded fresh.

If only the Stones would decide to decamp for a month at a venue like this for a show every other night. They really are at their best in these smaller shows, and they are able to highlight their subtleties as well as their power. I feel blessed to have seen Roseland and now Radio City.

[Edited by wellwell]
15th March 2006 01:01 AM
pdog Great post, thanks for sharing wellwell. You made me feel like I was there too. Hopefully we get to hear a good recording from this show... Sounds like a complete version of this show would make a great official release...
15th March 2006 01:17 AM
SweetVirginia
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

15th March 2006 01:19 AM
SweetVirginia Image hosting by Photobucket

15th March 2006 01:19 AM
15th March 2006 01:20 AM

15th March 2006 01:29 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
wellwell wrote:
Worried About You (Mick says as he sits down at the piano, "Well it looks like I get to sit down for a bit, I hope it is not Candle In The Wind")

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why Mick Jagger is a fucking god.
15th March 2006 03:05 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why Mick Jagger is a fucking god.

________

Can you believe these guys?

Fucking Hell! Great tour! To all those who have complained, fuck off with yah!

These guys are amazing.

I was calling a New York buddy who got to see the show (cunt) and he said it was amazing. Keith was the star he said - the guy ruled that stage - everyone was looking to him for direction and he brought the band home.

A good year to be a Stones Fan!
15th March 2006 03:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
wellwell wrote:

[Edited by wellwell]

God bless you Mick Jagger!!
15th March 2006 06:21 AM
Break The Spell Good stuff about Mick saying "hope its not Candle in the Wind". And to think, in 1997 it was Keith that started a little bitch fit from Sur Elton John, when Keith said his career was reduced to singing songs for dead blondes after redoing the song "Candle in the Wind" for Princess Diana. Sounds like those who attended had a great show, hope to see them back here this fall!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)