ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: School Of Rock (NSC/SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-10-04 09:26 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, sure you were.

You went into a battle of wits unarmed, got your ass handed to you on a plate, and now want to hide behind the ol' "I was only joking!" ploy?

Yeesh.

Dude, I was born at night....but it wasn't last night.

Not to bright r we stonesalot?

I was refering to my post about you and nasty being on the list.

As far as me losing the fight.

I won.

Hands down.

Even Nasty admitted it, and all due to your big mouth.

Jack Black even wanted the Stones to be in his movie cuz they were relevant, but they were too expensive to get.

Bloozehound 1
Naysayers 0 <===== ahhhh

see ya & wouldn't wanna be ya

[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-10-04 09:28 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Not to bright r we stonesalot?

I was refering to my post about you and nasty being on the list.

I won.

Hands down.

Even Nasty admitted it, and all due to your big mouth.

Even Jack Black wanted the Stones to be in his movie cuz they were relevant, but they were too expensive to get.

Bloozehound 1
Naysayers 0 <===== ahhhh

see ya & wouldn't wanna be ya

how many teeth do you have?

03-10-04 09:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot HA hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha wuh wuh wuh bwah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are almost as funny as Miss U! Almost. Just get a tad more looney and you are there!
03-10-04 09:39 PM
Soldatti Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
[Edited by Soldatti]
03-11-04 12:56 AM
Bloozehound This isn’t related to the Stones vs rock debate.

SS…

It’s interesting that Epic wouldn't let Jack Black use his own songs.
u'd think he could fight for it somehow.

Goes to show u about the record industry & contracts.

Didn’t Zeppelin only recently license their music for others to use and one of the first places they pop up is with “rock n roll” in an aerostar mini-van commercial lol(could be wrong but i dont pay attention to tv anymore)

[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-11-04 12:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, it was a Cadillac commercial.

I'm guessing that Epic wanted to release the soundtrack, and didn't get it. So they say, fine, no Jack Black music for you.

From the articles that I've read, Jack had the title song and a couple others already written for the movie. They had to do some serious scrambling around when Epic wouldn't license out the songs. Jack said that he offered to not take his cut, and Epic told him that his cut wasn't the problem, they had to get their's.

So instead the producers got The Mooney Suzuki (the band Dewey Finn got kicked out of at the beginning...and the band that "won" the battle of the bands at the end.) to pen the title song, and a guy from the Vandals(I forget his name and I'm too lazy to look it up.) wrote the other originals.

The very best thing about this movie is that since he saw it, my son has been asking me to buy him a guitar. Not only is he lucky that his Daddy will buy him one, and lessons to go with it(Dad plans on sitting in on those), but he's really lucky that Dad will make sure he learns Jumping Jack Flash instead of Smoke On The Water. The Kinks You Really Got Me, not Van Halen's version. My son will not be a little Rocker. He'll be a little Rock and Roller. The world needs more Rock & Rollers. If you ain't got the Roll...you are only half as good as you could be.
03-11-04 12:35 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

I won.

Hands down.

Mwaaahaahaaah! ROTFLMFAO! Nice to see that some people have unlimited faith in themselves. BTW, why the urge to blacklist others? Uncle Stalin put you up to it or was it on behalf of Echelon?
03-11-04 12:47 PM
Nasty Habits

Rock and Roll High School Report Card

Student:
Bloozehound

Subject Grade

Math D (cannot grasp the concept of 50/50, nor put 2 and 2 together)
Spelling C- (you can see for yourself)
Science C- (believes in evolution theory, thinks "rock" is an evolution of "rock and roll")
History D (D is for Doors)
Reading Comprehension F double minus

To Bloozecracker's parents: Bloozecracker needs to pay better attention in class. His fixation on "rock" music bespeaks an arrested development that may not be reversable. He also thinks cartoons are "real". He has inappropriate delusions of grandeur and projects his own faults onto others (cf. enclosed paper: "Jack Black fans like to have everything neatly categorized"). Sadly, at the moment, if he keeps his current attitude up I fear he may be proudly participating in "best rock guitar player/drummer/bassist ever" threads, or arguing the merits of Presence. I regret to inform you that he has rocks in his head.

Other students:

Stonedinaustralia - As always a model student - has a surprisingly strong memory (I mean, considering . . .)
Soul Survivor - Asks thought provoking questions.
Zack -- Grasps ideas very quickly, says his point and leaves. Smarter than everyone who posted twice on this thread.
Caro -- Has an excellent memory. Literate. Makes points well. Uses good examples.
Sway - shows promise - will hopefully stick around!
Lady Jane -- Very loyal & dependable.
Sir Stonesalot - Needs to learn not to break butterflys against the wheel. Also needs to edit his laughter post so that this thread can be read without scrolling horizontally.
Ten Thousand Motels - Very snappy dresser.
Monkeywoman -- Coins hellagood words like "inventivity".
Ben Gurion -- Troublemaker.
Soldatti -- Suave signature shows good grasp of detail!
Joey -- Needs to sleep less in class.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-11-04 12:51 PM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Rock and Roll High School Report Card

Student:
Bloozehound

Subject Grade

Math D (cannot grasp the concept of 50/50, nor put 2 and 2 together)
Spelling C- (you can see for yourself)
Science C- (believes in evolution theory, thinks "rock" is an evolution of "rock and roll")
History D (D is for Doors)
Reading Comprehension F double minus

To Bloozecracker's parents: Bloozecracker needs to pay better attention in class. His fixation on "rock" music bespeaks an arrested development that may not be reversable. He also thinks cartoons are "real". He has inappropriate delusions of grandeur and projects his own faults onto others (cf. enclosed paper: "Jack Black fans like to have everything neatly categorized"). Sadly, at the moment, if he keeps his current attitude up I fear he may be proudly participating in "best rock guitar player/drummer/bassist ever" threads, or arguing the merits of Presence. I regret to inform you that he has rocks in his head.

Other students:

Stonedinaustralia - As always a model student - has a surprisingly strong memory (I mean, considering . . .)
Soul Survivor - Asks thought provoking questions.
Zack -- Grasps ideas very quickly, says his point and leaves. Smarter than everyone who posted twice on this thread.
Caro -- Has an excellent memory. Literate. Makes points well. Uses good examples.
Lady Jane -- Very loyal & dependable.
Sir Stonesalot - Needs to learn not to break butterflys against the wheel. Also needs to edit his laughter thread so that this thread can be read without scrolling horizontally.
Ten Thousand Motels - Very snappy dresser.
Monkeywoman -- Coins hellagood words like "inventivity".
Ben Gurion -- Troublemaker.
Joey -- Needs to sleep less in class.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

03-11-04 12:55 PM
Nasty Habits Oh!

I'm sorry!

I forgot one very special little guy!

L'il JB -- Has been doing extra credit on foreign languages. He's got that phrase down, doesn't he? He's so cute.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-11-04 12:59 PM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Oh!

I'm sorry!

I forgot one very special little guy!

L'il JB -- Has been doing extra credit on foreign languages. He's got that phrase down, doesn't he? He's so cute.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

03-11-04 01:29 PM
caro
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Despite your tendency to call people egon when their name is actually caro, I think you're a swell guy.
[Edited by caro]
03-11-04 01:29 PM
Monkey Woman Too fricking hilarious, Nasty!

Not to mention the good Mr. Nasty Habits -- Professor emeritus of Rock 'n' roll

50% rock, 50% roll. Beware of imitations!
03-11-04 01:40 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
caro wrote:

Despite your tendency to call people egon when their name is actually caro, I think you're a swell guy.
[Edited by caro]

My bad! Have I done that more than once? I must be dipping from that little baggie I confiscated out of SIA's desk!!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-11-04 01:53 PM
Bloozehound Go over to amg...

http://www.allmusic.com/index.html

Do an artist search with just the following words....some are mispelled on purpose, see what the amg guys classify these artists/groups by.

queen, stones, zeplin, bowie, dors, dyln, zapa, The Beatle, pop (as in iggy pop), reed, clapton, morrison, halen, straits (as in Dire Straits), hendrix, Springsten

Just to name a few.

Like I mentioned in another thread I think this rock vs rock n roll debate has it's roots in a generation gap. The old folks don't wanna recognize it. Slice it anyway you wanna, whatever floats ur boat. I'm glad this has come to my attention now.

Habits, yoo failed at you own game. You failed to mention any rock bands. So your "definition" is nothing but a theory. You need some hard facts, like examples of what a rock band is.

SIA, Emerson, Lake, & Palmer ? I'm not sure what they are, but I have a feeling they aren't rock or rock n' roll.

LOL That report card was funny but...I may have failed Nasty's little Rock n' Roll Highschool daycamp, but I passed with flying colors in the School of Rock.

Bloozehound 1
Naysayers 0 <===== ahhhh

Jack Black had the vision to see that the Stones should've been in his little movie cuz they were relevant to the topic.

That's all I was saying all along.

Jack agreed and I was happy to learn that he wasn't out to snub them, and I earned some newfound respect for Mr. Black too.

I still say this is the stupidest arguement I have ever seen or participated in on the internet lol, but it was good for a few laughs.

[Edited by Bloozehound]
[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-11-04 01:54 PM
caro
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
My bad! Have I done that more than once?
Uh, to be honest : no.
quote:

I must be dipping from that little baggie I confiscated out of SIA's desk!!

That's why he blushed so violently when I asked him to put me up with that handsome guy with the black scarf who waits for him outside school!
03-11-04 02:08 PM
LadyJane "Lady Jane -- Very loyal & dependable."

Why thank you Nasty. I'm flattered!!

Hell...I'm overjoyed to see my name on a report card. It's been awhile.

LOL

LJ.
03-11-04 02:21 PM
Joey " Joey -- Needs to sleep less in class. "

03-11-04 03:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot But Nasty!!!

I LIKE breaking butterfly's on wheels!

It's the Motorhead part of me. I get really mean when I don't let that part of me stretch it's legs every now and again.

Not gonna apologize for it, not gonna change it.

But I will try not to make people scroll sideways. My bad.

Well, we know what "Bloozehound"'s idea of "rock" is...I wonder what his definition of "Blooze" is??? I'm almost afraid to ask! But I'm a prick, so I'll ask anyhow.....

Hey Blooze...what is your idea of real "blooze"?

This'll be good.
03-11-04 03:35 PM
Bloozehound u mean the blues?

What r u expecting my answer to be?
kenny g ? duane allman?

Truthfully

Lately I've been checking out rl burnside.

As far as the classics, I'm welled versed in...

mississippi john hurt
bobby blue bland
t-bone walker
hooker
waters
reed
t-bone walker
sonny boy williams
elmore james
koko taylor
ect ect...

I've seen in concert gatemouth brown, c. musselwhite, taj mahal, johnny winter and jimmie vaughan.

03-11-04 04:36 PM
Nasty Habits Stupid is as stupid does, Bloozebreaker.

You were the one who walked out of class and then came back.

Someday I think you'll see/we were talking about two different things entirely.

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

Good list of blues performers, though.

Mississippi Fred McDowell does not play no rock and roll.

And you want to know what I say to that?

I say, too bad, Jim.

03-11-04 07:31 PM
stonedinaustralia [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:
Sadly, at the moment, if he keeps his current attitude up I fear he may be proudly participating in "best rock guitar player/drummer/bassist ever" threads, or arguing the merits of Presence. I regret to inform you that he has rocks in his head.

hilarious - also nasty - loved that line of yours earlier in thread "I'm sure you love to raise a fist in the air at a concert but do you ever dance?" That is so succinctly on point that i can only say "Hats off Nasty Habits you are right on the money" - it's the perfect "litmus test" ( i learnt that in science class - you know how am where chemicals are concerned) to discern "rock" from "rock and roll" - the former has unpleasant and unattractice overtones of fascism while the latter is all about anarchy and just getting down and dirty

[quote]

Stonedinaustralia - As always a model student -

well maybe, no one likes a schooly swot and remember - "Who called the English teacher Daddy-o?"
03-11-04 09:00 PM
Bloozehound Geddy Lee?

lol

03-12-04 11:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels All right...You asked for it.
RATE THE PROFESSOR!

Knowledge of Subject.... A
Insight................. B+
Taste................... A+
Ability to hold students attention...C
(it'd have been higher if Joey hadn't kept falling asleep or if Sir Stonesalot would stop breaking butterflies on wheels...discipline in any classroom is very important )

03-12-04 05:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fuck discipline.

I'd have been a much better student if there had been a lot less discipline.

Give me discipline, I give back rebellion.
03-12-04 05:38 PM
Factory Girl Lil'jb is that jb posting with his head???
03-12-04 08:06 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:

"Who called the English teacher Daddy-o?"

He does!

That link may die soon, so get it while it's hot.

I would like to say one more thing -- I thought that "School of Rock" was pretty rock and roll, and it's a shame that it couldn't have the Rolling Stones in it.

AAAAAAAH!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-12-04 08:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Fuck discipline.
I'd have been a much better student if there had been a lot less discipline.

You kill me. I refuse to believe that you're that fucking stupid.
03-12-04 08:54 PM
beer debating the definition of "Rock" versus "Rock And Roll", is very Un-Rock And Roll.

didn't you rogues read the rule book? sheesh.

Seacrest Out.
03-12-04 09:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
beer wrote:
debating the definition of "Rock" versus "Rock And Roll", is very Un-Rock And Roll.

didn't you rogues read the rule book? sheesh.

Seacrest Out.

Pour a little sugar on it!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4

BEST VIEWED HIGH