ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mixing Little Queenie for Ya Ya's - January 1970
Stand Still from "Gimme Shelter"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: penn takes oscar Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-01-04 12:06 AM
stonedinaustralia while johnny was a longshot it would have been so good to see him win it
03-01-04 12:30 AM
gypsy yeah. i was rooting for johnny...would've been cool to see him win for becoming keith.
03-01-04 08:19 AM
egon he was being a queer pirate...
03-01-04 08:49 AM
FotiniD
quote:
egon wrote:
he was being a queer pirate...

No he wasn't!!! I really don't understand (honestly!) how on earth people came out of cinemas saying "he looked kind of gay, didn't he?" WTF?! When they do a rerun on the summer cinemas, I'm going to go wearing a t-shirt saying "Jack Sparrow is based on Keith Richards - NOT GAY" or something like that. Jeez
03-01-04 08:59 AM
egon hey, sorry but it's just my opinion.
so johny said "mate" every 5 minutes...
that does not turn him into keef!
however, i do realise that i am one of the few here that doesn't see it.

[Edited by egon]
03-01-04 09:13 AM
Factory Girl I wanted Johhny and Benicio Del Torro win.
03-01-04 09:16 AM
LadyJane Johnny looked especially cute last night, didn't he? And he brought his Mom....very sweet.

LJ.
03-01-04 09:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
egon wrote:
hey, sorry but it's just my opinion.
so johny said "mate" every 5 minutes...
that does not turn him into keef!
however, i do realise that i am one of the few here that doesn't see it.

Egon, please tell me you're joking!

It's not just the "mate" or "love" thing. It's a million little things in there that are Keith! It's the way he moves, in this half-drunken, half-'stoned' manner. The eyeliner, the pearls hanging from the hair, the whole attitude. The way he pronounces his words, this british-like accent, dark and 'demonic' if I may say so It's not an imitation, even Depp didn't want to do an imitation, but the references are surely there and they're screaming right at your face First time I saw it I couldn't concentrate on anything else in the movie!
03-01-04 09:22 AM
Factory Girl I didn't see Johnny's mom.

Keisha (Whale-Rider) was asked whom she'd like to meet, and she replied "Johnny Depp. He's a stud." She was amusing.
03-01-04 09:34 AM
egon i never joke
03-01-04 09:42 AM
caro I still don't get the buzz about Lord of the rings... I mean, it was nice to look at, and probably made with love and all, but so predictable : the characters, the costumes, the directing... To me, the only good ideas in the whole trilogy were the black riders and the talking marsh scene.

Between Johnny Depp, Bill Murray and Sean Penn, I would have picked Johnny too, but it was a tough choice. It was a cool nominee list.
03-01-04 09:42 AM
FotiniD Commenting on an email I got on this subject, eyeliner can and does look great on guys too and is no queer at all. The living proof of that is Keith Richards himself, and try telling him about the queer thing And by the way, I'm not homophobic, just stating the clear facts.

Oh and

quote:
egon wrote:
i never joke

"You shouldn't take it so hard". Lighten up a bit!
03-01-04 09:46 AM
FotiniD
quote:
caro wrote:
I still don't get the buzz about Lord of the rings... I mean, it was nice to look at, and probably made with love and all, but so predictable : the characters, the costumes, the directing... To me, the only good ideas in the whole trilogy were the black riders and the talking marsh scene.

I can't be too objective about LOTR cause I fell in love with it from day one. Movie one, that is It's not as close to the book as it could have been (especially part 2) but as said, it was indeed made with love, it was different from all the flicks I've seen in the past years, it offered the great and hugely understimaded fantasy genre a fresh breath of air, and showed the world what a great actor Viggo Mortensen is. I think it deserved all the Oscars and many more!

And indeed I was hopping for Johnny to get the Oscar, and I do think he deserved it, but even his nomination was surprising to me - just cause the committee there usually doesn't like comedies and so on, so... And they should have given him the Oscar ages ago, I don't understand their way of thinking. Not that he cares, but either way.
03-01-04 09:52 AM
Factory Girl I find eyeliner on guys to be very sexy. I wish more guys would wear it.
03-01-04 10:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Commenting on an email I got on this subject, eyeliner can and does look great on guys too and is no queer at all. The living proof of that is Keith Richards himself, and try telling him about the queer thing

Well, he gets paid to that, kind of. I don't think most guys have the time to put it on. I mean alot of guys used to have long hair, and alot still do but I think alot of guys cut it off just because it's a pain to take care of. I don't know what I hate worse now, long hair or barbershops.
03-01-04 10:44 AM
Sir Stonesalot Lord Of The Rings was a spectacular movie. It's pretty hard to argue aginst it. I think this particular movie got all the awards as a sort of reward for the entire trilogy. There were things I didn't like much...the acting was soooooooo Star Trek. But in an odd way, I think the poor acting actually served the movies well. And the dialogue was kinda insipid and uninspired. I also didn't care for how they jammed that ending into 20 minutes of 2-5 minute clips. Seemed kinda herky jerky. And they left much unexplained. But the good far outweighed the bad. The advances made in CGI for this movie will be paying dividends to movie watchers for years to come. And the movie just LOOKED amazing. Just fantastic.

I was pulling for Bill Murray last night. I knew he wasn't gonna win, but I was still hoping for the big upset. I didn't see Mystic River, so I can't really knock Sean Penn. Sean must have learned a lesson from Michael Moore last year...aside from one small jibe about WMDs he kept his mouth shut about politics. Thank YOU Sean! I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't really care what actors think about politics.

Was it just me, or did Johnny Depp look like he just walked off the set of 21 Jump Street? Is he still just 23? And what is with Jude Law's head? It's gigantic! He has that small scrawny little body, and that huge noggin sitting on his skinny neck. He freaky lookin.

Man...is this a glam time for Hollywood actresses or what? There are just some gorgeous creatures out there in moviedom. Charlize was just stunning. Jen Garner...stunning(I say she was the hottest looking chick of all the hot looking chicks there.). Nicole Kidman...stunning. Catherine Zeta Jones...stunning. Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Uma, Liv...stunning, stunning, stunning, stunning. I didn't see Cameron or Demi there...but both are stunning. Even in the golden age of Hollywood glamour(40's & 50's) I can't recall this many fantastic looking women. I hope this trend continues. And the best part is that you can see naked pics of most of them on the internet! technology can be a wonderful thing sometimes.

And would someone please tell Diane Keaton that Annie Hall was 3 decades ago. What a dumb idea that outfit was. I guess she figured that she couldn't glam with the glam girls, so she went all goofy. Bad move. She looked like a dork...or what Charlie Chaplin would have looked like as a bull dyke lesbian. Not good.

Billy Crystal was not very funny. Robin Williams was very funny. Will Farrell was funny, as was Jack Black. Jim Carey was not funny.

The music sucked. The best thing was that Mighty Wind spoof. I woulda voted for Bob Dylan. Yeah, I know he wasn't nominated, who cares, they should give the guy an Oscar every year...just for breathing.

Ummmm....Ok, that's it, I'm done.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.
03-01-04 10:56 AM
egon
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

"You shouldn't take it so hard". Lighten up a bit!

i never take it so hard.
03-01-04 10:58 AM
nankerphelge Stoney, that was a great review -- I missed the show as my best buddy paid a surprise visit and we drank and watch basketball!

The Diane Keaton thing was hysterical!
03-01-04 11:11 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yeah, Naomi Watts....stunning.

www.oscar.com

They have a good red carpet gallery there.
03-01-04 11:25 AM
nankerphelge Wow -- no kidding about Garner!
03-01-04 11:30 AM
LadyJane I must say the women looked FABULOUS last night. Not one dud in the bunch except for Diane Keaton.

IMO...MVP..Catherine Zeta Jones. She is stunning.

Am I the only woman whose Husband hates awards shows, but made me shut up and became glued to the televsion when Angelina Jolie took the stage???

LJ.
03-01-04 11:58 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Am I the only woman whose Husband hates awards shows, but made me shut up and became glued to the televsion when Angelina Jolie took the stage???

LJ.

I had the Stones coming through my headphones, and the only time I looked up was for Angelina and the best actress - I really wanted Keisha Castle-Hughes to win...
03-01-04 12:00 PM
mac_daddy

and for the ladies...

03-01-04 12:12 PM
jb Susan Sarandon has beautiful tits...
03-01-04 12:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man, I forgot about Angelina. Two words....stunningly fucklicious.

She has that look...like if you fuck her, it might kill you.

What a great way to die. In fact, that is exactly how I want to die...upside down, scrunched up in a corner, sweaty, with Angelina Jolie humping the life out of me.
03-01-04 12:19 PM
gypsy Yeah. The women all looked beautiful. Can't wait to look at it all in next week's "Us Weekly."
Johnny did look like he did back in his "21 Jump Street" days.

I didn't think his character was at all gay in "Pirates." What? Cuz he didn't bang some chick in the film?
03-01-04 02:05 PM
Joey " he was being a queer pirate... "

He was being a " Gay Keith Richards " !

Shiver .........................................

Jercee
03-01-04 02:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Actually...the nominated women looking stunning is a kinda new thing. It wasn't like it is now in the 80's and 90's, that's for sure.

Remember, we went through a fairly long stretch where Hollywood's leading ladies were not all that attactive. Like say...Merryl Streep....Kathy Bates...Glenn Close...Anjelica Huston...Bette Midler...Susan Sarandon...Geena Davis...Jodie Foster...Cher...none of 'em raving beauties.

So yeah, the glamming up of the Hollywood leading lady set is a new trend. And I, for one, approve!
03-01-04 02:24 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So yeah, the glamming up of the Hollywood leading lady set is a new trend.

I wonder when the men will finally follow (except for Johnny and Benicio, they are already yummie)... I've been watching all night last night (2 - 6.30 am), but I thought the whole thing was kinda boring and predictable. And Holland didn't win the Oscar for Foreign Language film, too bad .
03-01-04 02:26 PM
Joey " I wonder when the men will finally follow (except for Johnny and Benicio, they are already yummie)... I've been watching all night last night (2 - 6.30 am), but I thought the whole thing was kinda boring and predictable. "

You raise some interesting points my Dutch Jungle Kitten !

Jazzy Joe !
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH