ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Presale for Ronnie Wood & "Fiends" - London 13.3.05!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 27th, 2005 05:45 PM
Flairville If you're desperate there's always Ebay.co.uk
February 27th, 2005 06:11 PM
Gazza IORR has a ticket trade page - you could always place an ad. there

http://iorr.org/talk/list.php?3

You're more likely to get a good price by fellow Stones fans than from the sort of mercenaries you'll find on e-bay.
February 27th, 2005 06:13 PM
Gazza For those of you travelling to London for this show and looking for good priced accommodation, we found a Travel Lodge in Drury Lane itself for the reduced rate (from £85) of £46 per night for a room.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/travelodge/location.php?hotel_id=266
February 27th, 2005 07:13 PM
Hannalee Try going in for the competition on Ronnie's site, Ju. You could end up better off than the rest of us if you win the Meet & Greet.
February 27th, 2005 07:53 PM
Gazza seems constructive criticism and non-officially sourced information is frowned upon on that site (they seem as sensitive to constructive criticism as rs.com)

The admin only vaguely mentioned the upcoming concert in passing a day or so after the pre-sale had started with a vague post about a competition (but no details about the show itself) and on Friday morning (6-7 hrs before the public sale) I posted that it was somewhat strange that they still hadnt informed their members of how to get tickets for a show that would be onsale to the public that same day, as well as providing address and telephone info for the art exhibition in Belfast (which hadnt been mentioned anywhere on the site either, even though theres a specific section devoted to Ronnie's art and exhibitions, etc).

Checked back tonight and theyve completely removed my post!

What the fuck is wrong with the sort of people who run these sites? Do they want us NOT to attend and support the guy's concerts and exhibitions?

I signed up for e-mail updates as well - hoping to be informed of this 'competition'. Needless to say, nothing ever arrived. Didnt even know the contest had been announced until Hannalee's post.
[Edited by Gazza]
February 28th, 2005 03:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Hannalee wrote:
Try going in for the competition on Ronnie's site, Ju. You could end up better off than the rest of us if you win the Meet & Greet.

I ll try this afternoon, thanks Hannalee!!
February 28th, 2005 07:27 AM
Flairville Cheers for the tip Gazza, just booked into the TravelLodge now! 13 days and counting!!!!!!
February 28th, 2005 08:08 AM
Gazza Great. Another one!

The Travelodge bar will be like an extremely pissed up and low-rent version of the Algonquin Round Table at this rate....
February 28th, 2005 12:25 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Great. Another one!

The Travelodge bar will be like an extremely pissed up and low-rent version of the Algonquin Round Table at this rate....

Speak for yourself, matey.
February 28th, 2005 04:37 PM
Gazza well you could always join us and correct matters....
February 28th, 2005 06:23 PM
Flairville Well I'm in for the drinking session Gazza! Stella and JD's all night!!
March 1st, 2005 04:38 AM
Gazza Flairville - please check your P.M. Cheers
March 1st, 2005 07:25 AM
Gazza if anyone can help a friend of mine by sharing a hotel room please let me know
March 1st, 2005 03:00 PM
Jumacfly Hi there

i ve seen tix on Ebay , do you think I can buy them online
without any problem? I d like to know if any of you ever dealed with one of those guys??
..I need your help cuz I d like to buy tix ,tomorrow is my dead line
http://search.ebay.fr/ronnie-wood_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfkrZ1QQfltZ71QQsaatsZ71QQsacatZQ2d1
cheers, thanks in advance too !!
JU
March 1st, 2005 05:49 PM
Gazza Its good to check the profile of the sellers and how positive their performance rating is

The top two offers are not only very good prices but they seem to have a high percentage of satisfied customers

in the case of the second one, you can buy it NOW and make sure you get your ticket

I'd say go for it!
March 2nd, 2005 02:09 AM
Jumacfly thanks Gazza for your help...but I need 2 tix and the top price seller got only one
shit!
March 2nd, 2005 02:47 AM
Jumacfly I ve found another bid...I let you know..
March 2nd, 2005 03:08 AM
Jumacfly Gazza 166 is it you??
Stop bidding man !!
March 2nd, 2005 09:44 AM
Gazza the one thats about to close in 4 hours seems a good price for two tickets £80 - E116). I hope you get lucky.

To be honest, I wouldnt worry about needing two seats together,I would imagine you'd always be able to get a single ticket. Maybe two separate singles. I wouldnt be too insistent to getting 2 seats together if possible. It might help your chances
[Edited by Gazza]
March 2nd, 2005 09:52 AM
Jumacfly thanks Gazza for your kindness,but prices become too much for me.
anyway , thanks again for your help all along this thread.
I ll pay my beer on next tour, I promise

cheers and have fun my RO pals, good gig!!
March 2nd, 2005 12:42 PM
Gazza Too bad!

90 minutes left and there are still two tickets available here for a total of £86.00 which isnt much above face value

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16067&item=6514930247&rd=1

Other bids also online, ending tomorrow, for other great seats
March 2nd, 2005 04:09 PM
Hannalee My ticket arrived today - that's not at all bad for Ticketbastard. It makes it seem more real somehow.
March 2nd, 2005 04:17 PM
Gazza yeah..remarkable!

I got all 3 of my batches of tickets yesterday (2 sets from TM, one from Wayahead)

Good to hear you decided to go. Hope you're going to join us pre-show. Any suggestions you can contribute in the other thread would be welcome!
March 4th, 2005 12:17 PM
Madafaka Congrats lucky guys!
Sure you'll record that show... Yeah, I'm sure...
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood