ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŃOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Presale for Ronnie Wood & "Fiends" - London 13.3.05!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 24th, 2005 02:54 PM
charlotte okay Gazza, you have a lot of pressure on you...we will need pixs and will need to "tree the fucker" but in our case "torrent the fucker"!!!
[Edited by charlotte]
February 24th, 2005 04:04 PM
Gazza Knew that would come up!

problem is, I have never taped a show in my life. I would consider it almost inconceivable that there would be no one at this show with a tape recorder and I would imagine copies of it will be surfacing pretty quickly either by trading or torrenting

And you can bet your ass there'll be plenty of photos online from the various press agencies within hours. much better than any crap I would be capable of comin' up with!
February 24th, 2005 05:47 PM
KeithRichards Hi guys!

I'm considering going to the concert too (80% sure :-)) and I'm going to tape the whole show. Thing is only that I don't have any professional equipement, but my digital cam has a microphone and I can record with it... So the quality of my recording is probably not gonna be perfect... anyway, if the whole thing works, I'm gonna make it available for download!
February 24th, 2005 06:51 PM
Gazza Tickets now also available on Wayahead

http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=140091&userid=184634301&filler1=see
February 25th, 2005 04:49 AM
PrincessMargaret Thanks for that link Gazza!
Ticketmaster wouldn’t sell to anyone outside the UK this morning. Hopefully Seetickets will hold mine at the Box Office.

Woo hoo – I’m there!!!

Princess Margaret
February 25th, 2005 05:14 AM
brianisnotdead Hi Gazza,

Thanks for the link, we're coming from The Netherlands and Belgium.

Cheers,
Erik

"SHATTERED!"

[Edited by brianisnotdead]
February 25th, 2005 07:02 AM
Flairville Bernard Fowlers confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!
February 25th, 2005 07:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
PrincessMargaret wrote:
Thanks for that link Gazza!
Ticketmaster wouldn’t sell to anyone outside the UK this morning. Hopefully Seetickets will hold mine at the Box Office.

Woo hoo – I’m there!!!

Princess Margaret

Cool. See you there. bring S'who with ya!
February 25th, 2005 07:55 AM
Gazza From www.ronniewood.com. Thanks to Lorenz ("keith Richards") for the info and for copying the drawing!.

RONNIE WOOD AND FIENDS...
SUNDAY 13TH MARCH- THEATRE ROYAL, DRURY LANE
Illustrious Rolling Stones guitarist, Ronnie Wood, will be taking part in a spectacular event at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane on Sunday 13th March.
Supported by Andrew Lloyd Webber, the theatre, which currently houses Ronnie's unique artwork and is home to 'The Producers', will get a surge of life pumped through its veins as 'Woody' takes to the stage with some of the most credible names in rock.

With his laid back and loose spirit reminiscent of the jamming sessions of the 70's; legendary Faces guitarist, Ronnie Wood, will be joined by fiends and ex band-mates Ian 'Mac' McLagan and Kenney Jones for a night of rhythm injected, rough and reckless Rock 'n' Roll!

The band who, through reputation need no introduction, have had numerous hits in the early 70's with classic tracks such as 'Stay With Me', 'Flying' and 'I Can Feel The Fire'. Having conquered both sides of the Atlantic with sell out shows, the Faces called it a day in 1974 after which Ronnie joined the Rolling Stones while Kenny went on to play with The Who.

'Ronnie Wood and Fiends' will be a night no different to the good ol' days of rock where spontaneity and unpredictability added to the atmosphere of a jammin' session. There is no telling which of Ronnie’s many guitar playing buddies will turn up. You can expect to see plenty of his mischievous fiends as well as some of his Rolling Stones band mate, backing vocalist, Bernard Fowler, percussionist, Ray Cooper and violinist, Frankie Gavin.

With over four decades at the heart of rock, Ronnie and his musically charged chums undoubtedly epitomise the 70s generation of eclectic music and carefree lifestyles.
Ronnie Wood & Fiends will be supported by Countermine.

Tickets…www.getlive.co.uk
Credit card 24hrs ticket hotline 0870 400 0688
Drury Lane Theatre – 020 7494 5007

[Edited by Gazza]
February 25th, 2005 08:30 AM
Gazza well, thats 3 of the 4 surviving "Faces" now confirmed, with one noticeable omission.

Roderick's tour is not scheduled to resume until 18th March when he's in Winnipeg, Canada, so technically it's possible (with him and Ronnie having played together at Rod's London show a few months ago, maybe he'll return the favour).

I'm a bit confused by the wording of that press statement, thanks to it's ungrammatical nature ;

You can expect to see plenty of his mischievous fiends as well as some of his Rolling Stones band mate , backing vocalist, Bernard Fowler, percussionist, Ray Cooper and violinist, Frankie Gavin.

is that a typo for "mates" - ie, they're suggesting some members of the Stones will show up - or are they describing Bernard as a "band mate" ?

A poster from France has also mentioned this morning on IORR that the Stones will be returning to Paris "very soon" to finish the new album at Suresnes studios.

The plot thickens

[Edited by Gazza]
February 25th, 2005 09:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I received the same message above from the Ronniw Wood mailing list, this is the very first time I get one from there
February 25th, 2005 09:45 AM
Jumacfly 3 Faces members together... i m crying...
February 25th, 2005 10:26 AM
Saint Sway I'm glad Bernard is in. He sounds great singing "Flying" and old Faces tunes.

Mac & Kenny - some great musicians. Should be fun. Plenty of Faces & Stones covers I'm sure. Too bad he isnt doing it in the US

the ad that mentions the "top names in modern rock" is probably referring to Woody's contemporary mates like the boys from Charlattans and Kelly Jones from Stereophonics
February 25th, 2005 11:11 AM
Jumacfly you guys make me crazy...i want to come and join my RO pals in London, i ll try i lll try....
more on monday, I got to check flying tickets to London!!
cheers
Ju
February 25th, 2005 01:53 PM
muddy Rod Stewart (and Eric Clapton) are both scheduled to be in NY on Monday, the 14th for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions.
February 25th, 2005 04:17 PM
kath you guys will have a great time!!! say hi to woody for me!!!
February 25th, 2005 06:27 PM
Martha For craps' sake we got to get a taper in there set to roll.

Where's TMR? We need a pro in there to capture this one. :-)

Oh my.....I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had a ticket for this show. How exciting!

Great goin' and congrats to everyone who's in.

:-)
February 25th, 2005 06:57 PM
Gazza I can assure you this show will be recorded. I know of two people going so far who will be taping it
February 26th, 2005 05:12 PM
CS THE FACES GET CHARITABLE

LATEST: THE FACES have honoured the promise they made last year (04) to reform - by signing up to headline a charity gig.

The surviving members of the legendary 1970s band - ROD STEWART, RONNIE WOOD, IAN McLAGAN and KENNEY JONES - are currently reacquainting themselves with their classic back catalogue of tunes ahead of the Theatre Royal concert in London on 13 March (05).

In August (04), gravel-voiced Stewart stunned fans at his Los Angeles concert when he introduced his former bandmates onto the stage for an impromptu Faces set.

The gig marked their first extensive collaboration since Wood - who left The Faces to join THE ROLLING STONES on their 1975 tour - helped out Stewart at an MTV UNPLUGGED taping in early 1993.

February 26th, 2005 06:11 PM
Gazza Mac actually said on his website a few days ago that there WOULDNT be a Faces reunion at this show...

maybe they've twisted Rod's arm far enough...

if they twist it any further, he might even buy a drink...
February 26th, 2005 06:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
you guys make me crazy...i want to come and join my RO pals in London, i ll try i lll try....
more on monday, I got to check flying tickets to London!!
cheers
Ju

Ju. You MUST get to London for this!

lots of places in France fly to London for very cheap prices, like Ryanair etc

In fact I just checked Ryanair's website and you can fly from your town, Montpelier to Stansted for 70.65 Euro RETURN including taxes, leaving saturday evening and returning Monday afternoon (there is a flight on Sunday as well but as it's in the evening, too late to be able to see the concert)

[Edited by Gazza]
February 26th, 2005 07:18 PM
charlotte
February 26th, 2005 07:25 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Mac actually said on his website a few days ago that there WOULDNT be a Faces reunion at this show...

maybe they've twisted Rod's arm far enough...

if they twist it any further, he might even buy a drink...

He updated his remarks on Friday to say that not many people realise that the Faces were a four-piece consisting of the two Ronnies, Kenney Jones and himself! So given that Plonk will be there in spirit it is a Faces reunion.
February 26th, 2005 08:50 PM
Gazza Hannalee

aren't you in London?

any suggestions for a meeting point close to the venue for a pre-show get together?

Four of us are now comin' over from Belfast for this (me, Mr & Mrs Hotlicks and another mate of ours), Gearoid (IrelandCalling) is comin' over from Limerick, a few Germans, Dutchies, Frenchies and Belgians and at least one American (PrincessMargaret) as well as the English folks of course from here, IORR and Shidoobee.

Drury Lane is in Covent Garden, right? if anyone can recommend a bar or somewhere to meet in thats nearby, we could try and arrange something
February 27th, 2005 08:46 AM
Hannalee No, I'm not. Sorry, Gazza, but I never even go there if I can possibly help it. All I can tell you is that the entrance is in Catherine St in the block bounded by Vistock St, Russell St and Drury Lane on the other sides; which to my mind is nearly Covent Garden, but not quite. Just off Aldwych. Sorry I can't be more helpful; the people who could have been some use seem to have sunk without trace.

(Edited to addMAP)

[Edited by Hannalee]
[Edited by Hannalee]
February 27th, 2005 11:56 AM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I can assure you this show will be recorded. I know of two people going so far who will be taping it

I will remain calm then! Thanks Gary.... You LUCKY fucker! :-)
February 27th, 2005 12:22 PM
Jumacfly I will have to say to my boss I ll be hill on monday 14...but,I mean fuck,life' s too short and it's only rock n roll !!

February 27th, 2005 12:31 PM
Jumacfly Hi there

the getlive site says "tickets unavaible"
Can I buy tix from France??

thanks in advance
February 27th, 2005 04:39 PM
Gazza You could phone, I suppose

However, wayahead.com and TM sites would indicate it's sold out - which isnt surprising as the tickets went on sale on Friday

Has anyone got an extra ticket for Ju?

February 27th, 2005 05:00 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You could phone, I suppose

However, wayahead.com and TM sites would indicate it's sold out - which isnt surprising as the tickets went on sale on Friday

Has anyone got an extra ticket for Ju?

not really surprising as you said Gazza!
shit!
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood