ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I HAVE AN IDEA! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-26-03 01:06 PM
Jumping Jack Emotional Rescue
02-26-03 03:09 PM
Honky Tonk Man I can't count, but i think thats 12 songs we have so far. Lets just keep the suggestions coming!

Woody, for the back cover you could use that awful picture of Keith lieing on his back with those terrible green and red y-fronts!

Alex
02-26-03 03:29 PM
littleredrooster Ever since Bill Gates bought 'Start Me Up' for the release of Windows 98, I've loathed the that song !
02-26-03 05:54 PM
Angiegirl
quote:

56DeSoto wrote:
I'm really sick of Angie.
---------------------
moy wrote:
me too

Well, thanx a lot guys!

I can't stand to hear Angie too though, but my vote goes to: uh...Sweethearts Together or Indian Girl, Indian Girl or Sweethearts Together...uhm...I think it has to be Indian Girl! Iew...
02-26-03 05:55 PM
luxury1 Yeah--I vote for Keys to your Love--I could almost swallow it on a Mick solo effort, but on a Stones CD?? Do you hear those awful keys jangling in the background?? Sometimes Keith is glaringly MIA when Mick needs him most. Ewwwww.
02-26-03 05:57 PM
Joey " How about - as a board, we make our very own "Worst Of The Rolling Stones" Compilation? "

<------ Please see the " Dirty Work " album !
02-26-03 06:03 PM
Angiegirl No, no, no Joey, no! You go listen again to DW! It has some great tunes...
Maxy? Back me up here!
02-26-03 06:33 PM
Nasty Habits When it comes to Dirty Work, thejoey only seeks to inflame, enrage, and anger, Angiegirl -- his DW posts are Joey at his most hemorrhoidal. It is best to ignore him when he posts his anti-DW drivel because he will drop it and say something much funnier eventually. I don't even think he hates DW that much -- he just uses this pose to goad Lugar.

Don't be goaded! Get loaded!

The orchestral version of Out of Time that leads Metamorphosis is probably my all time least favorite Stones cut. If bootlegs count, I also vote for "I Love Ladies".

The more I hear it, the more I become convinced that Indian Girl is a work of art beyond mortal understanding. For further commentary, see here:

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/03-25-2002/49088-1.html

02-26-03 08:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
When it comes to Dirty Work, thejoey only seeks to inflame, enrage, and anger, Angiegirl -- his DW posts are Joey at his most hemorrhoidal. It is best to ignore him when he posts his anti-DW drivel because he will drop it and say something much funnier eventually. I don't even think he hates DW that much -- he just uses this pose to goad Lugar.

lol, that's what I was hoping for
02-26-03 09:32 PM
Fiji Joe Bunch of Indian Girl haters...racist I tell you...This is one of my favorite Stones' tunes...Record Gomper 15 times and you'll have your album
02-26-03 09:35 PM
Boomhauer What's with the Indian Girl and Dirty Work bashing?

02-26-03 09:44 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew The Dirty Work bashing I understand. But Indian Girl?
[Edited by Fuc*ing Andrew]
02-26-03 09:45 PM
Boomhauer NOOOO, Andrew!

Dirty Work is a gem!
02-26-03 09:53 PM
CousinCocaine I could never ever get sick about one of their great tunes!Not the original studio stuff, never !!
But since the 80's there have been 1/2 little shitties on every album I just couldn't stand.
Back to zero must be one of them!! Co-done by one C. Leavell. Terrible!!
CC
02-26-03 09:53 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:

Dirty Work is a gem!

Actually Dirty Work is a stinking reeking pile of shit set afire and placed in front of the unsuspecting listener's door, but that is just a fraction of why it is such a great album.

02-26-03 10:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hmm.

So hard to decide! "Indian Girl", "Back To Zero"... damn! The Stones have released some really really *bad* songs... but for the massive amounts of really really *good* songs I forgive them.

My *vote* goes to "Back To Zero"... but I'd like to throw "Fool To Cry" out there as a possible contender.

-tSYX --- Left shoe shuffle, right shoe muffle...
02-27-03 01:31 AM
exile I always fastforwarded "Yesterdays Papers"
02-27-03 06:20 AM
magicwoman on with the show is a great song strange stray cat
------------------------------------------------
my vote is lady jane and beast of burden
[Edited by magicwoman]
02-27-03 07:32 AM
Maxlugar Holly shit Nasty! I forgot about that thread. Love it!

What's spooky about it though, is it was written EXACTLY one year ago TODAY!

SHIVER!!!

Fact: Indian Girl rules!

MACKY!
02-27-03 07:52 AM
Yyteri Beach Gomper is a great song but f.e. Angie is really making me sick. Horrible. It's sad that they played it on that LIVE on HBO concert.

There are few really awful songs (almost whole Metamorphosis LP is awful).

Sweethearts together and Back to zero are also horrible but maybe I'll stick to ANGIE. Pure sh**e.

02-27-03 08:32 AM
Maxlugar Why do so many people hate Sweethearts?
02-27-03 09:04 AM
lonecrapshooter I like the lyrics to Sweethearts Together and almost used it at my wedding. However, my wife, a huge fan also, overruled me with Hang On To Me Tonight!

I'm glad to see there are some other fans of Indian Girl.
02-27-03 09:22 AM
Maxlugar I ran Hang On to me Tonight by my wife and she laughed.

The lyrics are not really what you would expect but the chorus is perfect.

We used Follow You Follow Me by Genesis.

Josh suggested it.

He's smart that way.

With money too.

Big MACK!
02-27-03 09:27 AM
Nellcote There is not a bad Stones song.
Period.

Thank you for your time with this matter.
02-27-03 09:41 AM
LadyJane
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
my vote is lady jane and beast of burden
[Edited by magicwoman]

magicw--you've got to be kidding!! I may be biased but Lady Jane is a classic!! It captures the "Brian Jones" influence beautifully! Beast of Burden is also great, especially the chorus..."Am I hard enough, Am I tough enough, Am I rich enough, I'm not too blind to see"....brilliant!!

Of course, we are all entitled to our opinion!

LadyJ.
02-27-03 10:12 AM
lonecrapshooter Maxlugar in high school we had a vote for prom theme and I was vehement about using Let's Spend The Night Together(this at a Catholic School run by nuns). However, by the slightest margin Follow You Follow Me was the winner. I should have demanded a recount! But I did get to play LSTNT at our wedding.
02-27-03 10:22 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Holly shit Nasty! I forgot about that thread. Love it!

What's spooky about it though, is it was written EXACTLY one year ago TODAY!

SHIVER!!!

Wheels within wheels, man.

02-27-03 10:33 AM
throbby Don't blame the release of Metamorphosis on the Stones. Abkco just cashing in with some bullshit outtakes and what not. I remember when that came out and reading how Mick and Keith were freaking out about it.

I would have to say "Off the Hook" or "If You Need Me".
02-27-03 10:42 AM
Zeeta Nah, Emotional Rescue is a gem baby! Don't be confused by its production it was just the 80s and it still kicks Keys to your love's ass anywhere on the field!
Da!
02-27-03 10:57 AM
nankerphelge Blinded by Love.
Hurts me just to type it.

Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST