ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Press conference, Tokyo March 7, 2003
/Shizuo Kambayashi/AP Photo
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I HAVE AN IDEA! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-25-03 06:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man How about - as a board, we make our very own "Worst Of The Rolling Stones" Compilation? We could each choose the ONE Stones song which really gets on our nerves and makes us want to turn the stereo off! The Top Twenty votes can make the cd.

Im going way over my head here, but maybe our resident Austrailian Artist Woody Woodpecker could do some cover art. Choosing a montorage of the worst Stones pictures any man or woman has layed their eyes on!

We are all very busy at the moment - too wraped up in te tour but i feel this would be great to do sometime in the future. Anyway its a laugh. Who knows, we may even end growing to love these songs. With time of course!

My vote goes to "Back To Zero" Me and Boomhauer agree this belongs on a Nintendo Game, NOT a Stones cd

Alex
02-25-03 06:32 PM
Soul Survivor My vote:

(I had Coming Down Again before but after listening to the song, I found that its really not that bad)

My vote is now: Heaven

Just could never get into that one
[Edited by Soul Survivor]
02-25-03 06:39 PM
Prodigal Son "Coming Down Again" is good, come on! I vote toward "Sing This Song Altogether (See What Happens)" but wait, that isn't a song. Oh well, how about "My Girl."
02-25-03 06:44 PM
moy alex have you recovered from the punching session you had last week?

02-25-03 06:44 PM
steel driving hammer Comming Down Again is a great song.

I'll have to say, "Each And Every Day Of The Year."

Could never get into that one.

PS.
Click here for a nice pic of Mick...
http://db.allmusic.de/livefoto/Rolling_Stones/Rolling_Stones_1982_0002.jpg
02-25-03 06:46 PM
stewed & Keefed Emotional Rescue(by a long way).
02-25-03 06:53 PM
exile coming down again is great I also think

thats the trouble with making a worst cd

my vote goes to:

"In another Land" Bill Wyman on vocals

02-25-03 07:15 PM
Scot Rocks On with the show, Indian Girl to name a few

Mark
02-25-03 07:18 PM
Gazza I think Soulie's also been punched very hard also if he thinks "Coming down again" is a bad song

If not - he should be!!
02-25-03 07:39 PM
woodywoodpecker Thanks Honky it would be an honour to make the worst Cover known to man LOL!

My vote goes to -Mother's little helper!
02-25-03 09:32 PM
Child of the Moon Mother's Little Helper? You make Stevie cry... My vote goes to just about anything on the first side of Metamorphosis, especially We're Wasting Time. That one sucks AND blows.
02-26-03 03:15 AM
Bluzian Alex, I have to concur, "Indian Girl" blows. Like, WTF were
they smoking??? "Heaven" sucks too. "In ANother Land" is
brutal. Just horrible.

Cheers mate.
Ian
02-26-03 04:19 AM
albert Congratulations.....can't listen to that one
02-26-03 05:07 AM
Moonisup congratulations
02-26-03 05:14 AM
luxury1 Well, I have to think about a song (I am a little biased), but I do know of one horrendous pic of Mick in tiny silver shorts holding a child's bucket and shovel. --on the SUperbowl thread--absolutely cringe-worthy.
02-26-03 05:17 AM
F505 I wanna hold you
02-26-03 05:27 AM
luxury1 Where did SDH get that Mick photo at the bottom of his posts--year?? I have never seen it, and it is classic.
02-26-03 05:32 AM
shakedhandswithkeith My Vote: Sweethearts Together!!
02-26-03 06:05 AM
Zeeta keys to your love, that's bad shit
02-26-03 06:18 AM
egon
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
My Vote: Sweethearts Together!!

YES!

horrible
02-26-03 06:31 AM
LadyJane I'm with Lux on this one! Too biased (and too early) to make a selection. I will say that "Keys to your Love" isn't a favorite.

LadyJ.
02-26-03 06:57 AM
corgi37 How can you go past the song without bass? Had it with you. Pitiful, album filler shit. Actually, pitful album. Ronnie Wood on drums (what the?) and a band, at the time anyway, falling apart. Oh, wow, just realised. Winning ugly. Not just worst Stones song, nearly worst all time song.
02-26-03 07:30 AM
Maxlugar How can you do this to me Corgi?

Also, when you guys put this CD together, do you realize this album will still be great because it's the Rolling Stones?

The only song I would put on it would be Anyway You Look at At. Over and over.

Max
02-26-03 07:33 AM
Moonisup that is indeed a good one MAx, haah well that wasn't a greaat ballad
02-26-03 08:05 AM
sirfito Sorry, but Coming Down Again it's a GREAT song.
Best,
Fito
02-26-03 10:23 AM
F505 Woody Woodpecker wrote:
My vote goes to -Mother's little helper!

Man are you ill???? There is little yellow pill which helps you on your way.... in your case: take four more!!!!!

[Edited by F505]
02-26-03 12:18 PM
Mother baby Do bad covers count?? I was digging around some of my old stuff in storage last night and came across an album entitled "Symphonic Music of The Rolling Stones". Mick was on one track.."Angie"..! "She's A Rainbow" was okay. JJF was the worst...nasty. Anyway maybe a good record to have if one wants to throw a wet blanket on a party some night.
I think it was made by the New York Philarmonic.
02-26-03 12:49 PM
lonecrapshooter please do NOT put Indian Girl on that cd. It's a very good song imo
02-26-03 12:54 PM
56DeSoto This will probably be unpopular with some of the soft-hearted folk out there, but for sheer annoyance factor, I have to go with Angie. There are worse songs but, wooo, I'm really sick of Angie.
02-26-03 01:02 PM
moy
quote:
56DeSoto wrote:
I'm really sick of Angie.

me too
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST