ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light Soundtrack cover (updated to include track listings) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
15th February 2008 10:02 PM
glencar onfirmed tracklistings for the double cd of the Shine A Light Soundtrack:

DISC 1:

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Tumbling Dice
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection

DISC 2:

Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

Confirmed tracklisting for the single disc (USA only):

Jumping Jack Flash
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection
Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
15th February 2008 10:07 PM
Soldatti Thank god for the 2CD version.
15th February 2008 10:14 PM
glencar I'm not sure if the US only gets the single disc version or the choice of either.
15th February 2008 10:51 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm not sure if the US only gets the single disc version or the choice of either.

both...
15th February 2008 10:53 PM
glencar Yes, I just saw that on amazon.com. We are the best country ever!
16th February 2008 12:06 AM
andrews27 How do the 2-CD/1-CD contents relate to the film? Are the tracks after Satisfaction on the 2-CD bonus tracks? Rehearsals?
16th February 2008 12:22 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
How do the 2-CD/1-CD contents relate to the film? Are the tracks after Satisfaction on the 2-CD bonus tracks? Rehearsals?

The songs after satisfaction were all played at the Beacon shows as well so my guess is that they're just outtakes that didn't make it onto the film. They'll probably be featured on the bonus features on the DVD too.
16th February 2008 05:23 AM
open-g Confirmed tracklistings for the double cd of the Shine A Light Soundtrack:

DISC 1:

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Tumbling Dice
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection

DISC 2:

Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

edited out - the useless single disc (USA only)

here are the tracks shown in the movie:

Setlist:
JJF/
Shattered/
She was hot/
All down the line/
Loving cup/
As tears Go by/
Some Girls/
Just My Imagination/
Far Away Eyes/
Champagne & Reefer/
Tumbling Dice/
You Got The Silver/
Connection/ uncomplete, with cuts eye rolling smiley
Sympathy/
Live With Me/
Start Me Up/
Brown Sugar/
Satisfaction

'Shine a light', is played over the end credits and could be from '72
Brown Sugar

[Edited by open-g]
16th February 2008 05:34 AM
open-g Connection
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

so these are the "bonus" tracks, not featured in the movie or were butchered.
16th February 2008 05:41 AM
open-g
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

The songs after satisfaction were all played at the Beacon shows as well so my guess is that they're just outtakes that didn't make it onto the film. They'll probably be featured on the bonus features on the DVD too.

At the moment we can only keep our fingers crossed that they do appear on DVD.
16th February 2008 06:07 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
open-g wrote:
Connection
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

so these are the "bonus" tracks, not featured in the movie or were butchered.

one would have hoped they wouldn't have 'butchered' the title track to the project!
16th February 2008 06:45 AM
open-g
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

one would have hoped they wouldn't have 'butchered' the title track to the project!

Yes, indeed.
I didn't get it at all that Shine A Light wasn't featured live in the movie.
just some sort of studio version - and it didn't shine soundwise, compared to the live stage sound.
16th February 2008 08:35 AM
glencar Did they keep in Mick's welcome to "President Clinton...and her husband!"? That looks highly unlikely at this point!
16th February 2008 09:16 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

That has to be the statement of the day!!

And of course..Only play the song during the final credits and then it isn't even music from the show??!!

Oh well..they have my money anyway. Sometimes I just have to let out a little whine
16th February 2008 09:26 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
That has to be the statement of the day!!

And of course..Only play the song during the final credits and then it isn't even music from the show??!!

Oh well..they have my money anyway. Sometimes I just have to let out a little whine

thanks, I just think its typical of the Stones to do something like this. Its a great song from a great album so why not give it the effort it deserves. I haven't heard many versions of the song live, but the one on Stripped Companion was nicely done.
16th February 2008 09:34 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

thanks, I just think its typical of the Stones to do something like this. Its a great song from a great album so why not give it the effort it deserves. I haven't heard many versions of the song live, but the one on Stripped Companion was nicely done.

Yes it is one of my favorite songs and I was so happy when they played it at the Beacon! And the Stripped version happens to be my favorite too. Oh what is that saying..
If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride!
16th February 2008 09:43 AM
glencar Well, I'll always have my memory of the song. Maybe it'll be an extra on the DVD release?
16th February 2008 10:25 AM
gimmekeef As exciting as this may be for us hardcore fans I doubt many others will bother with this at all.Coming to PBS by fall.The idea of the single cd makes it worse cause the casual fan has at least 2 versions of those live on other live releases.
16th February 2008 10:40 AM
Steel Wheels Why am I getting pissed off about the Atlantic City show's cancellation again?

16th February 2008 01:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
onfirmed tracklistings for the double cd of the Shine A Light Soundtrack:

DISC 1:

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Tumbling Dice
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection

DISC 2:

Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

Confirmed tracklisting for the single disc (USA only):

Jumping Jack Flash
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection
Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar

Oh dear.

15 songs plus a band intro fitting onto a single CD?

I smell heavy editing - again.

Hope it doesnt detract from what on the face of it, appears to be a very good song selection on a Stones live CD for a change.

[Edited by Gazza]
16th February 2008 01:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG Who in the hell is gonna buy the single disc? Do you suppose it is just gonna be a iTunes/other digital music services special? The mind boggles.....
16th February 2008 01:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

There are 22 songs on the double CD. They played 24 different songs over the 2 nights at the Beacon.

"Undercover" (played only at the first show) and "Honky Tonk Women" (played on the second night) appear to be the two songs that havent been included in either the movie or the CDs.

"I'm Free" (played both nights), "Little T&A" and "Paint it Black" (both from the 1st night) all appear on the 2-CD version, despite not featuring in the movie itself.

I would like to think that the version of 'Shine A light' on the CD would come from the Beacon (it was played at the first show), and not be the studio version.

Presuming both the double and single CD's have the same edits on the songs which appear on both versions, the running time of the double CD will probably be around two hours at the most.

[Edited by Gazza]
16th February 2008 01:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Who in the hell is gonna buy the single disc? Do you suppose it is just gonna be a iTunes/other digital music services special? The mind boggles.....

Exactly. Then again, its probably aimed at the sort of fans who feel compelled to buy both versions,in order to maximise sales. I cant imagine that the 2-CD version would cost much more. The single CD seems redundant.

And yet, theyre releasing it only in the US - where the band's album sales in the last couple of years havent been exactly strong despite the high number of shows played there.

Inspired marketing.
[Edited by Gazza]
16th February 2008 02:40 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Why am I getting pissed off about the Atlantic City show's cancellation again?

Look at it this way - we never would have gotten the mind-blowing show that we ended up getting on 11/17. Best boot of the tour imo.
16th February 2008 03:50 PM
glencar
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Why am I getting pissed off about the Atlantic City show's cancellation again?

I like AC so I wasn't at pissed as some of you. I was offended more by the whole way it was done. And the inconvenience that others faced.
16th February 2008 11:01 PM
Glimmer Twin Oh I can't wait. Of course get the two CD set.
16th February 2008 11:06 PM
robpop
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:
Oh I can't wait. Of course get the two CD set.

At first, I did not care. After seeing the track list, I agree with you.
18th February 2008 06:51 PM
TomL I like it, raw black and white Stones.
18th February 2008 08:14 PM
Mel Belli Best live tracklist ever. Although, it's notable that there's not a single ABB track on it. Granted, SAL is not an orthodox post-tour souvenir. But this is the first time, is it not, that they've put out a live release and not included material from the album they were putatively promoting?
18th February 2008 08:36 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Look at it this way - we never would have gotten the mind-blowing show that we ended up getting on 11/17. Best boot of the tour imo.

So right you are my darlin'...so right you are...

I think it's odd that the single US version doesn't have the title track on it...

Keith's pic on the cover is weirdly reminiscent of George W Bobo
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)