ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light Soundtrack cover (updated to include track listings) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th February 2008 10:42 PM
Gimme Shelter
14th February 2008 10:45 PM
TampabayStone I wonder what Rosanne would say about that.
14th February 2008 11:23 PM
BILL PERKS COOLEST THING OF THEM I SEEN IN A LONG TIME
14th February 2008 11:52 PM
glencar Meh.
14th February 2008 11:54 PM
Bob Tamp Is this official or wishful thinking? I do like it however.
15th February 2008 01:38 AM
mrhipfl Looks awesome. The movie poster is the same picture, isn't it? When is this gonna be released btw?
15th February 2008 07:11 AM
Gazza 1st April, it seems

yeah, there was a movie poster that was similar. Is it official? Seems strange a Stones album cover would feature the words "Martin Scorsese" on it.

Cant say I'm crazy about it, to be honest. Then again, anything's better than the cover art of their last two live albums.
[Edited by Gazza]
15th February 2008 07:28 AM
egon i am so saving up my money for this!
15th February 2008 07:33 AM
Fuck!
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Cant say I'm crazy about it, to be honest. Then again, anything's better than the cover art of their last two live albums.
[Edited by Gazza]

Live Licks has great artwork Gazza! i like it!
anyway, you´re right about the Martin Sorsese thing, i don´t think this is the official Soundtrack Artwork...

Fuck!
15th February 2008 08:02 AM
SweetVirginia This is the movie poster I have seen:

15th February 2008 08:10 AM
Jeep Another ugly RS cover to be added to a long list...
15th February 2008 08:51 AM
gimmekeef Rememeber that ABB was rumored to be called Manhattan Beach and we had artwork for it...This looks pretty lame really..but its better than Johhny Winter and his skank on the cover of Stripped
15th February 2008 09:07 AM
egon i fear it's gonna look something like this:

15th February 2008 09:23 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Another ugly RS cover to be added to a long list...

Consider the subjects....
15th February 2008 11:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Rememeber that ABB was rumored to be called Manhattan Beach and we had artwork for it...

I think that was a mock artwork - no?
15th February 2008 11:07 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL..and this isnt?....Dont tell me someone pulled the wool over my eyes...again!
15th February 2008 11:09 AM
ShaneJazz Don't underestimate the power of Mick's bellybutton on certain demographics.
15th February 2008 11:10 AM
Gazza Well..some think its the real thing. I've no idea, personally but I'd be surprised if it is, to be honest.
[Edited by Gazza]
15th February 2008 11:11 AM
Jeep
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Of course !
It was just one of my fake covers :

15th February 2008 11:12 AM
gimmekeef I agree....not likely this is it....not so sure about Egons discount though after a month or so...
15th February 2008 11:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
ShaneJazz wrote:
Don't underestimate the power of Mick's bellybutton on certain demographics.

Well if the little cartoon titties on Live Licks led to censorship in the US and an alternative cover so the public wouldnt be corrupted, this one will no doubt result in a similar furore
15th February 2008 11:14 AM
gimmekeef What was that old T Rex tune?....Your Just A Jeepster?..Figures who else but Jeep..lol....actually I kinded liked that cover..used it on some boots I sent folks!
15th February 2008 01:27 PM
Gimme Shelter Got this from Rollingstones.com
15th February 2008 01:44 PM
glencar
quote:
Jeep wrote:

Of course !

OK, so you made up that cover (nice job!) but was the CD really going to be called Manhattan Beach?
15th February 2008 05:55 PM
Gazza I distinctly remember a news story being posted here in mid/late July 2005 about one of the stage designers for the upcoming tour, and it referred to the upcoming Stones album and mentioned the title as "Manhattan Beach". It wasnt until the official press release came out on July 26th (the same day that The Juf provided the official artwork) that the album title was confirmed publicly as A Bigger Bang.

Wasnt sure whether the name was taken from the beach in Brooklyn or the town just outside L.A.
15th February 2008 06:46 PM
Bruno They really fucked Mick´s face up. Awful photoshop. And this cover doesn´t do justice to the coolness of the band. I think it´s surprisingly lame, really. That one with the flame on a hand is way better.

quote:
egon wrote:

15th February 2008 07:06 PM
GotToRollMe Yikes. You can't even see Mick's face except for the lips - and not in a good way either. And what's going on with his stomach? I've seen countless photos from this tour where his stomach looks great, yet they're going with this? Come on, Mick, where's that micromanaging control freak we love so much?
15th February 2008 07:17 PM
_Boomy_ This is the official artwork for "Shine A Light". It is their default photo on the official MySpace page.
15th February 2008 07:25 PM
andrews27
quote:
Jeep wrote:

Of course !

This would have sucked as a title, though. Right to the dollar bin with Emerson, lake & Palmer's "Love Beach." May every album with "beach" in the title tank.
15th February 2008 07:28 PM
andrews27
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

Meh!

I'm sure it'll be a good pic, but this is not the most audience-grabbing title for softcore fans. What if they'd called "Get Yer Ya-ya's Out" this?
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)