ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tonights Theater Showings Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th February 2006 11:00 PM
BILL PERKS THE SOUND SUCKED IN PHILLY TOO-OTHERWISE IT WAS GREAT
28th February 2006 11:04 PM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THE SOUND SUCKED IN PHILLY TOO-OTHERWISE IT WAS GREAT

UnbelivBLY SUCKED................OTHERWISE GREAT(MR was awesome as well as This Place is Empty)...........hot Rio chickks as well to masterbate to tonight!!!!
28th February 2006 11:08 PM
glencar Will they run it again?
28th February 2006 11:24 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will they run it again?

No....................
28th February 2006 11:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG JB- correct again.
Columbus Ohio with about 50 people- everyone else stayed home to watch American Idol. Most of the singing, clapping and hootin' and hollerin' came from the back of the theater(LOL). Thought the show was perfect as is(assuming the sound problems were the theater's) and I hope they leave it "as is" for the DVD. Off to bed..
28th February 2006 11:49 PM
jb
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
JB- correct again.
Columbus Ohio with about 50 people- everyone else stayed home to watch American Idol. Most of the singing, clapping and hootin' and hollerin' came from the back of the theater(LOL). Thought the show was perfect as is(assuming the sound problems were the theater's) and I hope they leave it "as is" for the DVD. Off to bed..

50 is a big crowd compared toother areas!!! Boca 27, Delray Beach 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
28th February 2006 11:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

50 is a big crowd compared toother areas!!! Boca 27, Delray Beach 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

the sadness in your son's voice when he spoke to me on the phone hit a personal note with me. i am sorry he had to be humiliated like this. I hope you talked to him after the show as we cannot risk him having nightmares of monsters hiding in the abundance of empty seats.

Why no surround sound?

I hope this entire event is kept from the general public as we cannot bear to shoulder this humiliation.
1st March 2006 12:15 AM
Steel Wheels Philly's screening was just about packed. The crowd was into it - laughing, singing, clapping.

A good time!

1st March 2006 12:54 AM
gorda Why did they have to show it on a Tuesday? I think the concert movie would have done better on a Friday or Saturday night.

Also, why do they show it for one night only?
Why not show it a lot of times? Like other movies?
1st March 2006 02:08 AM
MarkP My wife and saw the Copacabana show in Dublin, CA (East Bay Area). About 150 people in the theater. I thought the show was absolutely terrific, band was totally on, and this will certainly make the best post 81/82 DVD. I've seen 12 shows beginning with the 81 tour, and my wife has seen 8, and we agreed that the Stones put on one of their best post 81 shows at Copabana Beach, period. The sound was OK, but not great, but not bad either. If the same company offers screenings of concerts by other bands I like, I'd do it again. It was great to see some parents bringing in their kids. $15 a pop is a more economical way for parents to expose their kids to the Stones, and for anyone who does not have the budget to pay high concert ticket prices. I thought the whole thing was a great success. And now I've got the fever going again and am thinking about how I can go see the shows in Vegas and L.A.!
1st March 2006 03:09 AM
Phog I'm shocked, but there was a pretty respectable crowd in KC. Much better than the R'n'R Circus showing a year ago. Soundwise it could've been better. Still, I can't begin to say how fun it was to sit in that theater and jam with the mighty Stones.

The thing that struck me most was the sheer fucking size of that crowd in Rio. HUGE!!! And the Stones delivered.

1st March 2006 04:03 AM
Dan I really really wanted to go, but it turned out some band I have been meaning to check out forever was playing close by so I went to that and had a great time so the evening wasnt a total wash. Admission was $8, attendance about 40, plenty of room to stretch out and get close to the sound source and add another gem to my collection.
1st March 2006 05:54 AM
lotsajizz the theater crowd in Swansea Mass. was full...everyone clapping and singing and cheering, even smelled some chiba :-)

you know when I was at the show, I never noticed that VIP partition, most annoying when viewed from above

mediocre sound--needs more remixing, but very good performance
[Edited by lotsajizz]
1st March 2006 06:41 AM
FrankiePeppers The sound in Philly was horrible. It sounded like it was in mono. Hope the dvd is better. Everytime they showed Ronnie he either looked lost in the song or he was talking to somebody. I didn't know he was such a social butterfly! Overall the show looked great.

1st March 2006 07:13 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
JB- correct again.

I was at the Columbus one and one of the rowdy ones in the back you were speaking of. :}
1st March 2006 07:24 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I was at the Columbus one and one of the rowdy ones in the back you were speaking of. :}

Sorry I missed meeting ya! We were back there too(LOL)
1st March 2006 07:39 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Sorry I missed meeting ya! We were back there too(LOL)

Yes, its a shame there was no greeting!! I didn't know anyone else from here was going to the Columbus one. I was pretty much all the way in the back with one of my friends. I drove about 2 hours from KY.
1st March 2006 08:04 AM
Jumacfly they should have charged 450$ for this theatre show!
1st March 2006 08:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
Why did they have to show it on a Tuesday? I think the concert movie would have done better on a Friday or Saturday night.

Also, why do they show it for one night only?
Why not show it a lot of times? Like other movies?

well when you have 20-30 people in some places turning up, wouldnt that suggest to you that its hardly going to make the producers of "The Chronicles of Narnia" lose much sleep?
1st March 2006 08:27 AM
gimmekeef The theater in north Atlanta was perhaps 1/3 full.Despite the best efforts of Jumpin Jack/his lovely wife Tippy Toes/Stonesdoug's brother Greg myself and wife we couldnt get the crowd really going...Sound was too low but not terrible(and at least they didnt do overdubs!).Still worth the effort.

But!!!!.....why in a crowd of 2 million would not even one girl take off her top?...I think they dubbed in T-SHIRTS!!!
1st March 2006 09:00 AM
Jumping Jack The introductions and Miss You were used for piss breaks, not Keef's set. No humiliation in Atlanta except for a few who switched to the other theater for Big Momma after Lisa got done singing.
1st March 2006 09:47 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

But!!!!.....why in a crowd of 2 million would not even one girl take off her top?...I think they dubbed in T-SHIRTS!!!

indeed, I saw more tits that day then my previous life's worth added together...but NONE??? in the movie?

1st March 2006 10:11 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
they should have charged 450$ for this theatre show!

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! and true!!!
1st March 2006 10:13 AM
jb 3 words=TAX WRITE OFF(brilliant move by jc).

cc:mc
1st March 2006 10:59 AM
FPM C10 The theater in Harrisburg was not full either, and as seems to have been the case everywhere, the sound was not particularly good and did not utilize the surroundsound speakers. By contrast, when we went to see the Phish simulcasts last year, the theater was completely full (in fact they filled TWO theaters), the sound was great, and the shows were actually LIVE, not ten days later. (We watched the show last night with Sir Stonesalot, his son and his parents, and SS pointed out several places that had been doctored up from the XM radio broadcast 10 days ago. Keith's harmonies on "Wild Horses" in particular seem to have been vastly improved in the interim, and there were a few places where the guitar leads didn't match anybody's fingers)

I thought the show was just okay, with the exception of "Midnight Rambler" and "Night Time", both of which were amazing. The CROWD was pretty awesome, though! The first time they showed an aerial shot of the audience we all started laughing at the enormity of it, and at the end of JJF I yelled "Our team WINS!!!" and SS shouted "Take THAT, U2!!"

It looked to me like the primo spot to watch the show from was in the ocean. I bet the sound was amazing out there! Miss Youngblood and I both wished we were floating out there with a bottle of sangria and a big spliff.

The funniest thing was this - the show was sponsored by a lame local radio station that bills itself as "Rock & Roll Without the Hard Edge" (and sometimes uses "Gimme Shelter" to illustrate their point - WTF????)and before the show their DJ welcomed us and said the sound was going to be great (NOT) and that it was amazing that the Stones "turned this around" in ONLY 10 days (for a "live" broadcast????) and then told everyone to stop by their booth in the lobby for a free poster of the event. COOL, we thought. SS and his son went out before the show started but were told they weren't handing them out until AFTER the show. So as soon as the boys took their bows we beat it for the lobby along with a few dozen other Stones fans. The DJ was long gone and had left two girls in charge. They announced that they only had FOUR posters and were going to give them to whoever could answer a trivia question. The girl who was talking was standing right next to a speaker blasting Billy Joel. She started talking. "Can you please turn Billy Joel OFF?" I asked twice, and finally she did. Then she asked the question..."What Whoopi Goldberg...." At least twenty of us shouted "Jumpin' Jack Flash" in unison, except for one poor woman who kept saying "Ghost! Ghost! Is it Ghost?" The girls looked at each other and said "This SUCKS." They only had ONE question prepared! And that was it! She was dealing with a crowd where everyone knew what shoe size Charlie wears. One lady offered to recite all of Mick's children in order of birth. One lady said "I'll give you fifty bucks for one!" SS got disgusted and said "I have to go to the bathroom, I don't have time for this crap!" but I hung in there. Two people had received free tickets from the radio station, so they got two of the posters, because the girls suddenly remembered that the posters were part of the deal. Then they asked for someone to sing an entire Stones song, so two girls started singing/giggling something, Start Me Up I think. They got one poster. Then the radio girls were all out of ideas. They'd found two more posters in the meantime, and seemed to have decided that they would just wait until most of the crowd got disgusted and left, like SS, who went out the door yelling that the station SUCKED. Then one of the girls said "Ooooh...I know...where are they playing overseas first?" No one knew what she meant. First date of the European leg? I didn't know. Then she tried to restate what she meant. "They've never done this before." So I yelled "China!" and they gave me a poster.

It was a cool night out.
1st March 2006 11:06 AM
jb If it was a live simulcast(see 81 hartford), we could have got over 40 people at each venue!!!! Phish is no longer a factor and remember, they appeal to a much younger fan base who enjoys free love............................>
1st March 2006 12:27 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Then she asked the question..."What Whoopi Goldberg...." At least twenty of us shouted "Jumpin' Jack Flash" in unison, except for one poor woman who kept saying "Ghost! Ghost! Is it Ghost?" The girls looked at each other and said "This SUCKS." They only had ONE question prepared!

LOL...that would've been worth the trip right there.
1st March 2006 12:38 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
The theater in Harrisburg was not full either, and as seems to have been the case everywhere, the sound was not particularly good and did not utilize the surroundsound speakers. By contrast, when we went to see the Phish simulcasts last year, the theater was completely full (in fact they filled TWO theaters), the sound was great, and the shows were actually LIVE, not ten days later. (We watched the show last night with Sir Stonesalot, his son and his parents, and SS pointed out several places that had been doctored up from the XM radio broadcast 10 days ago. Keith's harmonies on "Wild Horses" in particular seem to have been vastly improved in the interim, and there were a few places where the guitar leads didn't match anybody's fingers)

I thought the show was just okay, with the exception of "Midnight Rambler" and "Night Time", both of which were amazing. The CROWD was pretty awesome, though! The first time they showed an aerial shot of the audience we all started laughing at the enormity of it, and at the end of JJF I yelled "Our team WINS!!!" and SS shouted "Take THAT, U2!!"

It looked to me like the primo spot to watch the show from was in the ocean. I bet the sound was amazing out there! Miss Youngblood and I both wished we were floating out there with a bottle of sangria and a big spliff.

The funniest thing was this - the show was sponsored by a lame local radio station that bills itself as "Rock & Roll Without the Hard Edge" (and sometimes uses "Gimme Shelter" to illustrate their point - WTF????)and before the show their DJ welcomed us and said the sound was going to be great (NOT) and that it was amazing that the Stones "turned this around" in ONLY 10 days (for a "live" broadcast????) and then told everyone to stop by their booth in the lobby for a free poster of the event. COOL, we thought. SS and his son went out before the show started but were told they weren't handing them out until AFTER the show. So as soon as the boys took their bows we beat it for the lobby along with a few dozen other Stones fans. The DJ was long gone and had left two girls in charge. They announced that they only had FOUR posters and were going to give them to whoever could answer a trivia question. The girl who was talking was standing right next to a speaker blasting Billy Joel. She started talking. "Can you please turn Billy Joel OFF?" I asked twice, and finally she did. Then she asked the question..."What Whoopi Goldberg...." At least twenty of us shouted "Jumpin' Jack Flash" in unison, except for one poor woman who kept saying "Ghost! Ghost! Is it Ghost?" The girls looked at each other and said "This SUCKS." They only had ONE question prepared! And that was it! She was dealing with a crowd where everyone knew what shoe size Charlie wears. One lady offered to recite all of Mick's children in order of birth. One lady said "I'll give you fifty bucks for one!" SS got disgusted and said "I have to go to the bathroom, I don't have time for this crap!" but I hung in there. Two people had received free tickets from the radio station, so they got two of the posters, because the girls suddenly remembered that the posters were part of the deal. Then they asked for someone to sing an entire Stones song, so two girls started singing/giggling something, Start Me Up I think. They got one poster. Then the radio girls were all out of ideas. They'd found two more posters in the meantime, and seemed to have decided that they would just wait until most of the crowd got disgusted and left, like SS, who went out the door yelling that the station SUCKED. Then one of the girls said "Ooooh...I know...where are they playing overseas first?" No one knew what she meant. First date of the European leg? I didn't know. Then she tried to restate what she meant. "They've never done this before." So I yelled "China!" and they gave me a poster.

It was a cool night out.

Absolutely hilarious, thanks for the laugh!
1st March 2006 01:04 PM
Gimme Shelter The sound system at the theatre here in Sac. totally sucked. Everything sounded muffled, but the show was great. Can't wait for the DVD.
1st March 2006 01:09 PM
voodoopug The brilliance here by the Cohls is unparrellelled (sp). Jb touched on it. By barely drawing flies to the theaters, they can right off this enormous loss to cover the lack of revenue from the former strong markets who have let the stones down this year (see Philly 2, San Fran 2, Detroit, Austraila (far too low prices), Amsterdam (second show must be cancelled), and countless others)
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)