ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Foro Sol, México City - February 26, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tonights Theater Showings Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th February 2006 08:55 AM
gimmekeef Well tonight is the night..Course by looking in papers here in Atlanta you wouldnt know it.No ads or mentions at all...For those interested here there is a gathering at the Longhorns Restaurant across from Mall of Georgia Theater for a pre-show around 5:30.My guess for the setlist is:

Jumpin Jack Flash
Its Only R&R
YGMR

Oh wait.......never mind!!!!!!!!...Hope they have the audio up so I dont have to take over the controls!
28th February 2006 09:11 AM
stonezone9 Tonight will be my first view of the concert. I worked on the night of the concert so I couldnt see it live on AOL. So I would enjoy it, like you only can seeing it the first time, I managed to stay away from any video/audio clips of the show.
Anyone from Philly?
We are watching the movie at Regal Theaters on Columbus blvd. in South Philly. A small gathering but a fun group are meeting at the Engine 46 Steakhouse for a drink at 6:30 pm
28th February 2006 09:17 AM
Steel Wheels Is the Philly screening sold out? If not, I'm gonna try to be there!

28th February 2006 09:23 AM
Jumping Jack Gimmekeef,

Meet me at the bar tonight, I have the Rio DVD for you as lovely parting gift for today's event. You may play it as loud as you want and skip over RFD if you like.
28th February 2006 09:37 AM
gimmekeef Jumpin Jack....MonkeyWomantooo and I will be there 5:30 or so...Look forward to another greeting...I see where there is now another dvd from Buenos Aries on Dime?...hmmmmmm...See you tonight!!!!!!!!
28th February 2006 09:47 AM
Jumping Jack Argentina is in the mail to me. Video is great, but audio is mp3. Still better than all the audience DVDs though.

See you at 5:30 unless I get stuck in the 316 construction on 85. Atlanta traffic sucks BIG TIME!!!

See you tonight where you SHALL BE GREETED!!!
28th February 2006 09:55 AM
Nellcote Come to Bellingham MA to regale in this epic!
It will be WICKED PISSAH~!
28th February 2006 10:12 AM
RollingstonesUSA Not one FUCKING showing of the concert in Columbia, SC....
28th February 2006 10:16 AM
jb Boca has been humiliated by "Big Mamma's House 2" !!!!

cc;JC
[Edited by jb]
28th February 2006 10:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Boca has been humiliated by "Big Mamma's House 2" !!!!

cc;JC
[Edited by jb]

I could hear the shame in your voice this morning. I have forwarded you the link to the boca theater...stay strong. When you are at your lowest, just think of how much you hate U2/Macca
28th February 2006 10:55 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I could hear the shame in your voice this morning. I have forwarded you the link to the boca theater...stay strong. When you are at your lowest, just think of how much you hate U2/Macca

https://www.fandango.com/TicketBoxOffice.aspx?row_count=1290771054&mid=95580&tid=AAEK

cc:JC
bc:TR
[Edited by jb]
28th February 2006 11:15 AM
gimmekeef jb...the only thing worse than Big Mommas House 2 ..will be Big Mommas House 3........hope the new baby and your Big Momma are doing well...
28th February 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
jb...the only thing worse than Big Mommas House 2 ..will be Big Mommas House 3........hope the new baby and your Big Momma are doing well...

Thank you...................all are well and prepareing for Arkansas, Ft. Lauderdale and RCMH.
28th February 2006 11:25 AM
Phog I'm going with four buddies to the KC showing. It's gonna rawk.
28th February 2006 12:11 PM
Dan L.A. has been humiliated by showing the movie only miles from civilation. I am going to have to miss this one though it pains me to do so.
28th February 2006 12:15 PM
gimmekeef After I steal the giant reel of tape tonight can someone help me upload a torrent?......lol
28th February 2006 01:18 PM
Jumping Jack No tape, it is somehow being broadcast for this one time event.
28th February 2006 01:49 PM
gimmekeef Then it must be like the old time closed circuit boxing matches....Hope there are no glitches..or people leavin for popcorn during Keith's set!!!!
28th February 2006 04:16 PM
FPM C10 Joey, are you going to see "The Stones" in your local cinema? Do they have cinemas in Omaha?

I'm seeing them in Harrisburg. It's the capital of Pennsylvania!
28th February 2006 04:21 PM
Break The Spell I have to do a decent amount of travel to see it but it shall be worth the extra effort!!
28th February 2006 04:34 PM
voodoopug i will be in attendance and shall greet a limited few before the show at the predetermined location.
28th February 2006 04:44 PM
Gimme Shelter I'll be seeing it tonight in Sacramento.
28th February 2006 06:11 PM
RollingstonesUSA Seeing it in Charleston, SC, in about an hour and a half!!!!
28th February 2006 08:06 PM
Gazza I'm going to watch the copy I downloaded right now so I can feel "in tune" with the rest of you!
28th February 2006 09:45 PM
KeepRigid Is anyone going to phone in the setlist for this?

(Or, since they may frown upon cell phone usage, will there be any text messaging?)
28th February 2006 10:23 PM
Throwaway Just got back from the theatre in Columbia, MD. Theatre was about 4/5 full, some people singing along, some clapping, good to see others singing along and smiling. At the beginning of JJF, the lights were on, and the sound was not up at all, i was thinking...WTF!?!?! But like a minute into it lights off, sound cranked, and we were ROCKING!!! Highlights were "Midnight Rambler" (gave me goosebumps), "Wild Horses" (beautiful), and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (gotta love the South American crowd interaction/singalongs). The people who sat like robots w/o cracking a smile/tapping their feet pissed me off, but its their loss!
[Edited by Throwaway]
28th February 2006 10:36 PM
jb Just back from Regal Shadowood in Boca............less than 27 people(and that included me and 2 sons!!!). The performance
was great, but the sound was too low and it seemed the theater did not use surround sound!!!! It all came from the front speakers!!!! Nonetheless, very entertaining(given no concert film can recreate the magic of attending live performances) and Ronnie and Keith played extremely well.
A little disappointed that we got no "backstage" footage of the band, but not surprised. Tonights gross in Boca was, pathetically, $405.00 USD!!! (not including my medium popcorn, large coke, and m&m;s adding another $12.00)

cc:jc
bc:Tony Sanchez
[Edited by jb]
28th February 2006 10:42 PM
glencar I was unable to attend tonight. I would appreciate a DVD copy when available.
28th February 2006 10:56 PM
time is on my side Just got in from the RIO showing. The sound at the theatre was lousy though they did make an effort a few songs in to try and turn it up a little.

The atmosphere and scenes by the beach were a real feast for the eyes and welcomed by the senses. Seemed like everyone including the STONES were having a blast. As described above, my showing was also about 4/5th's full with a few people clapping, stamping their feet, and singing along. Most were relatively silent. As for the crowd in RIO, I'm not really good in judging that sort of thing. Let's just say there seemed like a lot of people there.

The STONES put on an entertaining show with MR being the highlight for me. It's really amazing how well they are playing it on this tour.

While this is certainly no substitute to actually seeing them live, I had a good TIME and enjoyed the showing. In fact, to me, it seemed better than any of the four flicks DVD's.
28th February 2006 11:00 PM
jb It was very generous of jc, mc, and the band to allow those who could not afford the concert ticket to see this great performance for a mere $15.00!!!! This movie grossed less than $400 in Boca and probably only $41,000 nation wide.
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)