ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rolling Stones 40x20 third stop starts today
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Enmore setlist, pix and reviews P1 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-18-03 07:37 AM
Stonesdoug Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
Live with Me
Dead Flowers
No Expectations
Neighbours
Can't Turn You Loose
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
That's How Strong My Love Is
Going to A GoGo

Slipping Away
Happy

Start Me Up
Rock Me Baby----ACDC came out on stage and jammed with the Stones for this song--the audience went nuts
Honky Tonk Women
IORR
Brown Sugar

encore
Satisfaction

They did not play Jumping Jack Flash. This has to be the first time in about 30 years that this hasn't happened. Theatre was hot but not as hot as Orpheum.
02-18-03 07:43 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy AC/DC?

Posers...

"Rock Me Baby" has become the celebrity guest number of choice, it seems.

As for replacing "Jumping Jack Flash" with "Satisfaction"... wow! Keith must have been jet-lagged or something! That shouldn't've happened...

And, I said it before, but this is a *short* list. 18 songs?

Still, great to see the boys mix it up a bit, *especially* "Midnight Rambler" as the opener.

*EDIT*: What? No "Out Of Control"? Ahh, man... not my favorite song, but still...

-tSYX --- Awww help me baby...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
02-18-03 08:16 AM
corgi37 are you saying angus young came out? I thought he lives in Holland? Interesting set, especially leading with Rambler? Tv showed tumbling dice on channels ten and seven. Sounded like Chuck Leavell and the Rolling Stones, but hope it was great to all who went.
02-18-03 08:21 AM
TT What the f�*%?

1. Too short.
2. No CYHMK?!
3. Satisfaction????????????????????????????

Hoping for MORE in Europe.

AC/DC deserved it. They always admired the Stones.

Who was the opener?
02-18-03 08:25 AM
steel driving hammer AC/DC? Nice.

AIN'T NO FUN WATING AROUND TO BE A MILLIONARE!

Wonder how it would sound if they joined them for JJF.
Angus would have a heart attack!

Speaking of Angus, did you know he sucked O2 back stage in the 70's. Yep.
Angus also said, "We are better than the Rolling Stones" in the 70's.

But joining them for Rock Me Baby seemed cool.
Except for Ride On, when did AC/DC attempt the Blues?
Actually Ride On is not even Blues, it's just a slow song.

Also, does Bobby have Diabeties?
02-18-03 08:46 AM
Nellcote Was Enmore a $50. gig? Maybe the lads are now only playing longer for higher yielding venues?

SDH, except for the tee shirt and the chap with the needle, Bobby looks exactly how I met him @ The Four Seasons 01/12/03. He said he had a baaad flu (insert Texas drawl here) and was late for the gig.
02-18-03 09:22 AM
blutsvente TT,

nothing else to say? Only whining, complaining.....
02-18-03 09:41 AM
fmk438j FUCKING WHINERS!

Do you know how much that place fucking exploded when we all realised who it was joining them for rock me baby?

02-18-03 09:47 AM
padre [quote]steel driving hammer wrote:

I've always thought AC/DC as a blues band with a twist. The blues is always there somewhere more or less visible. More so on tracks like The Jack, Can I Sit Next To You Girl, Little Lover, Rock'n'Roll Singer, She's Got Balls, Go Down, Dog Eat Dog, Down Payment Blues, Show Business, Jailbreak, Love at First Feel, and of course the covers like Baby Please Don't Go and School Days. And it's not just the Bon Scott era. They've got the blues side even on their more recent albums on tracks like House of Jazz, Can't Stop Rock'n'Roll(2000) and Boogie Man (1995) which are almost straight blues.
And Angus solos are pure blues. Just sped up.
02-18-03 09:57 AM
nankerphelge You know it -- AC/DC is blues at the core -- all them tunes just make ya ache for it more.

I'm pumped they played that with the Youngins
I bet it was dirty.
02-18-03 10:03 AM
padre Maybe hearing the Young brothers' guitars did the trick for Keef and Woody..."Wow, these songs sound pretty good when you can hear the guitars too! Let's try...Ummm, cool, maybe that's the way we intended these songs in the first place...By the way, what do we need that Chuck guy for anymore? Can we boot him in the middle of the tour? Hell yeah, we're the Stones, man! Oi, Chuck..."
02-18-03 10:04 AM
Madafaka Well, well, well... Setlist is better! Very cool!
I wanna heard this boot with AC/DC.
02-18-03 10:51 AM
Monkey Woman
Mick looks about to fly!

The Glimmer Twins are still happy together

Mick freaking out!

Beautiful outfits

02-18-03 10:51 AM
fmk438j The photog must have left before a certain guest appearance. Bet he is kicking himself.
02-18-03 10:53 AM
Monkey Woman But Stonesleaze from Shidoobee got it!

02-18-03 10:56 AM
fmk438j AWESOME.

I think there will be some fine photos. Many cool poses right in front and people with decent cameras in good spots. Lets hope they all make it our way.
02-18-03 11:16 AM
parmeda
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
AC/DC?

Posers...

Xyzzy....sweety, I'm gonna forget I read that.

Had I know that was gonna happen...I'd be sportin' a Koala bear on my back right now.

02-18-03 11:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
They did not play Jumping Jack Flash. This has to be the first time in about 30 years that this hasn't happened. Theatre was hot but not as hot as Orpheum.

In addition to the Stu tribute gig in 1895, which was privata and does not count, apparently it was a date during the B2B tour (1997-1998) in which JJF was not played, check this
http://www.iorr.org/btb/
02-18-03 11:58 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Xyzzy....sweety, I'm gonna forget I read that.

Had I know that was gonna happen...I'd be sportin' a Koala bear on my back right now.

Ehh... I take it back, I guess. They're nowhere near as bad as most of the bands of their era. The guitars were very good, the songs were always... hmm... very mediocre to me. I never really got into them.

Posers in comparison to the guys they were playing with, I think is the more appropriate term.

-tSYX --- We come from the land of the ice and snow.... warrrrrrrghhhh! I too can scream and make music!
02-18-03 12:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check additional reviews by fmk438j at http://novogate.com/board/968/141632-1.html
02-18-03 12:15 PM
Martha I would have given about anything to be in that crowd...for the opener, first of all, and then for the explosion when ACDC came out to guest. That crowd energy would given me the life force for another 50 years easily! LOL

The first time I saw ACDC was April of 2001 opening show of the year (for Chris and me) they totally blew us away (we didn't expect it to be so intense and powerful)...what a stellar live performance they can pull off..if you've never seen it make sure you catch them next time out. It was amazing.

Of course..nothing compares to the Rolling Stones.

Midnight Rambler...opening the show???

Shit Ronnie..has that ever happened before?????
02-18-03 12:39 PM
padre
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
In addition to the Stu tribute gig in 1895, which was privata and does not count, apparently it was a date during the B2B tour (1997-1998) in which JJF was not played, check this
http://www.iorr.org/btb/

1895? No wonder the guys in the band look so old! LOL!
02-18-03 01:07 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
padre wrote:
[quote]steel driving hammer wrote:

I've always thought AC/DC as a blues band with a twist. The blues is always there somewhere more or less visible. More so on tracks like The Jack, Can I Sit Next To You Girl, Little Lover, Rock'n'Roll Singer, She's Got Balls, Go Down, Dog Eat Dog, Down Payment Blues, Show Business, Jailbreak, Love at First Feel, and of course the covers like Baby Please Don't Go and School Days. And it's not just the Bon Scott era. They've got the blues side even on their more recent albums on tracks like House of Jazz, Can't Stop Rock'n'Roll(2000) and Boogie Man (1995) which are almost straight blues.
And Angus solos are pure blues. Just sped up.

Hey padre, don't forget "Rocker"! Fast, but very bluesy..
02-18-03 02:14 PM
rogerriffin THE TWO WORLD`S GREATEST ROCK`N ROLL BANDS.

Only the 2 best groups in the world.

ANGUS RICHARDS OR KEITH YOUNG???
02-18-03 02:15 PM
rogerriffin and please, MAKE A TREE OF THIS SHOW!!!!
[Edited by rogerriffin]
02-18-03 04:49 PM
Phog Are you kiddin' me? Angus and Malcom sittin' in with the

Stones!!! That is fucking beautiful. Interesting setlist.

A little short, maybe, but I doubt anyone was complaining.

Looks like a great show to me. Swing on, Gentlemen.
02-18-03 05:02 PM
shakedhandswithkeith What an opener

What a setlist

What a night????

the best setlist of the tour!!!!!
02-18-03 05:09 PM
luxury1 Hey, you know what? Mick cut the sleeves off that Jagger T to show off those ultra-buff biceps. I have a photo on my wall of any earlier gig where he is wearing it, and the sleeves are a full short sleeve type. What a show-off. He is my hero.
02-18-03 05:13 PM
fmk438j
quote:
Martha wrote:
That crowd energy would given me the life force for another 50 years easily! LOL

Midnight Rambler...opening the show???

Shit Ronnie..has that ever happened before?????

I don't really have any shows, let alone club shows to compare the energy of the audience. I can just assume it was the same amazing buzz as the US, which was great as aussie audiences are a little laid back at times. Roberto was telling me that at Dylan's show the night before he kept getting told to sit down and that everyone was very subdued (this is annoying but really doesn't suprise me). He said if they told him to sit at the superdome he didn't care because there was no way he would.

When Angus and Malcom entered and everyone caught onto what we were seeing theer was a frenzy. It the type of thing where I had to try and slow down and actually try to listen to what they were doing rather than just being ga ga. Angus has short hair and payed a guitar that dwarfed him. I don't know a thing about guitars, so say this cuatiously, but was MAlcome playing one of woody's semi-acoustic yellow pearl guitars? Don't tale my word for it as I could most definitely be wrong on that.

About Rambler. As I said before, this was THE song i wanted to see them play over thenext week and a half. All through the support's set (Jet), we are all trying to read the stones setlist off charlie's perspex. I figured TD was no. 2, and the people to the right of us said Rambler was number one. Me thinking I know what I'm talking about (haaaaaaa!!!!) tell my dad they must be wrong because there's no way they'd open with Rambler. But sure enough they broke into it, Mick just screams out of nowhere and the crowd explodes. I'm trying to get a handle on seeing the song I wanted so dearly and seeing keith just metres away at most. I'll never forget that.

One of guitar players/vocalists of the supprt wore a shirt "who the fuck is nic sester?" I think that was the name.

[Edited by fmk438j]
02-18-03 05:58 PM
fmk438j
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Hey, you know what? Mick cut the sleeves off that Jagger T to show off those ultra-buff biceps. I have a photo on my wall of any earlier gig where he is wearing it, and the sleeves are a full short sleeve type. What a show-off. He is my hero.

He had his pink botton-up shirt fully open at one stage toward the end. Has he been doing this too?
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST