ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006 - setlist, photos and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
8th February 2006 09:43 PM
Paranoid_Android Go ahead kids...rock on...errr...Rock off!!!

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 Let's Spend The Night Together
3 It's Only Rock'n Roll
4 Oh No Not You Again
5 Sway
6 Worried About You
7 Tumbling Dice
8 Midnight Rambler
9 Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
10 This Place Is Empty (Keith)
11 Happy (Keith)
12 Miss You (to B-stage)
13 Rough Justice
14 Get Off Of My Cloud
15 Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
16 Sympathy For The Devil
17 Start Me Up
18 Satisfaction
19 You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
20 Brown Sugar (encore)

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/atlanta2.htm

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
8th February 2006 09:48 PM
Altamont Looks like they got Swayed
8th February 2006 09:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Looks like they got Swayed

and Worried About You...Shidoobee is posting the setlist in real time.
8th February 2006 09:55 PM
LadyJane 1. Jumping Jack Flash (9:25)
2. Let's Spend The Night Together
3. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
4. Oh No, Not You Again
5. Sway!!!!
6. Worried About You!!

I thought you were kidding!!!!!!!!!

GREAT...

. Jumping Jack Flash (9:25)
2. Let's Spend The Night Together
3. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
4. Oh No, Not You Again
5. Sway!!!!
6. Worried About You!! "Awesome, awesome, awesome! They are on FIRE tonight!" <---Fred
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Nighttime (Is the Right Time)
10. This Place Is Empty <---Keef "Good to back so quick"
11. Happy

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
8th February 2006 10:03 PM
Lazy Bones Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

8th February 2006 10:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG Great setlist tonight Atlanta!
8th February 2006 10:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

is that a live debut? New "cover" song?
[Edited by Gazza]
8th February 2006 10:20 PM
speedfreakjive That is one hell-uva long JJF!
8th February 2006 10:24 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:

is that a live debut? New "cover" song?
[Edited by Gazza]

Lol. No. That's a "shit, why couldn't have I been in Columbus, New York or Atlanta!"

ferk sakes!

8th February 2006 10:26 PM
Riffhard Wow! No chance of any drive by "Omahas" tonight!! Good for Hotlanta!

This show is show is gonna give the MSG shows a run for their money with this insane setlist.

Riffy
8th February 2006 10:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Wow! No chance of any drive by "Omahas" tonight!! Good for Hotlanta!

This show is show is gonna give the MSG shows a run for their money with this insane setlist.

Riffy

WAY and Sway.... I'm sure if they're still doing Sway, it's starting to jel...
8th February 2006 10:28 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Giving Chuck a beauty of a home-sweet-home.
8th February 2006 10:42 PM
jaggergurl ok.. that setlist is just too unreal..SWAY!! W-A-Y AND RAMBLER.. WOW!!! YAY!! FOR HOTLANTA!!

and I am jealous
8th February 2006 10:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

WAY and Sway.... I'm sure if they're still doing Sway, it's starting to jel...

Yeah no doubt. The thought of getting Sway,and then the techs walking out Mick's keys for WAY. Damn! Back to back Stones' attack! That's what I'm talking 'bout!I'll bet the crowd went fucking nuts!

Riffy
8th February 2006 10:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG Riffy, you know we would have
8th February 2006 10:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Riffy, you know we would have

Oh yes!! Hell I went a little nuts just reading the damned setlist! Had I been?! Lord knows! And yous?

Riffy
8th February 2006 10:49 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Oh yes!! Hell I went a little nuts just reading the damned setlist! Had I been?! Lord knows! And yous?

Riffy

As nutsy as you can get pecking away on a computer!!
8th February 2006 10:51 PM
PartyDoll MEG Stones withdrawl is a hard thing to suffer!! At least I know others are suffering with me
8th February 2006 10:53 PM
Riffhard Word!

Riffy
8th February 2006 11:06 PM
glencar Goddam! I just got home from a shitty night at work & I think of howe much better things could have been tonight if I'd flown to Hotlanta for this show. Bad choices suck, man.
8th February 2006 11:20 PM
chevysales very nice setlist.
9th February 2006 12:56 AM
time is on my side Just got in and thought I would post something. Hey, man this was awesome. This is why they're the greatest roll n roll band of all TIME. They were on fire tonight. Outside of 1981, this may have been the best I've seen them. No posing tonight, both Ronnie and Keith were smokin. In fact, everyone played great. Mick, Charlie, the supporting cast. My god, thanks!!! Sometime you're just at a loss for words.

A lot of first for me. The first TIME I've seen SWAY and the first time I've seen Worried About You. Can someone correct me but is this the first TIME they've been played together??? An incredible Midnight Rambler. The second half was great too though sometimes I wish they would mix it up in the second half as much as they do in the first.

The setlist was killer. This is the third TIME I've seen them on this tour and all three were great. I feel very fortunate with the shows I've seen. There was just something special going on tonight. Yeah, this was definitely the best. What a great show!!!
9th February 2006 02:12 AM
Stonesgail
quote:
glencar wrote:
Goddam! I just got home from a shitty night at work & I think of howe much better things could have been tonight if I'd flown to Hotlanta for this show. Bad choices suck, man.

It was too awesome for words. 5th row right next to the catwalk. Do you know what I'm saying? The band was on fire, the crowd was amazing. I'm exhausted and I'm going
to bed but will write more later.

John, you should have been here.

Gail
9th February 2006 04:00 AM
maumau looks like they change their mind (u-turn) on Sway since the first time they played it. Guess performance and crowd reaction at MSG made it. After that i said that it was good enough to be in the setlist more regularly. Hope they keep on playing it until summer.

Sway, WAY, MR is a dream of a setlist indeed
9th February 2006 04:41 AM
charlotte What a mix from last Wednesday in Baltimore!!
What a way to end my US East Coast tour, unless there is a Music Hall in my future...Excellent show in Atlanta
Got to go and get myself ready to teach some college kids for the second Thursday morning in a row on two hours of sleep...more later

Non-stop Jagger prances Philips stage
By BILL HENDRICK | Thursday, February 9, 2006, 12:21 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

After warming their seats for an hour in mumbling discontent, about 20,000 mostly graying baby boomers lept to their feet screaming as one when the legendary Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones began their second Atlanta concert in six months Wednesday night before a packed house at Philips Arena.

The unbelievable Jagger, 62, pranced and skipped almost non-stop across the Philips stage, flailing his arms, waving his hands and skimming across the floor on his spindly legs like a practiced ballerina.

The group opened with the classic “Jumping Jack Flash” and raced through most hits familiar to baby boomers who’ve grown old with Jagger, reed-thin Keith Richards and Charlie Watts. The Brits, accompanied on both sides by a host of singers, never stopped moving, and neither did the crowd, which undulated like a giant snake, most fans waving their arms and clapping their hands almost continuously.

Jagger, dressed in his trademark skin-tight black outfit, showed no signs of weariness from his appearance at halftime at the Super Bowl just a few days ago. Rather, he seemed invigorated with each new round of thunderous applause.

Richards, puffing on cigarettes, spelled Jagger twice during the non-stop concert, which started a little after 9:30 p.m. — an hour late — and ended two hours later.

Jagger didn’t even appear to sweat, though the hot lights had thousands fanning themselves in front of him. Hundreds took pictures of Jagger and other band members with cellphone cameras.

Older folks, obviously close to Jagger’s age, leaned to the music at first but were bouncing and rollicking by the end of the night.

Gail Norton, 57, of Lawrenceville, said “I was inspired by the group and I’m their biggest fan.” Her husband Etowah Norton, 60, said “it’s impossible to believe someone that age can do what they all do.”

His wife added: ” I’ve been a Stones fan since I was 16.”

They were there with their teenaged grandchildren.

David Taylor, 41, of Knoxville, said he paid $450 for a $352 seat “but it is worth every cent.” He called his wife in snowy Knoxville several times to give her a chance to listen to songs like “I can’t get no satisfaction” and “You can’t always get what you want.”

9th February 2006 04:50 AM
Altamont I hope Drake recorded it. That guy knows how to tape a show!
9th February 2006 05:17 AM
Gazza Nice setlist

There's definitely an advantage that you have when you see 2 shows in the same city 4 months apart instead of two nights apart - because of the 20 songs the Stones played last night, no fewer than NINE of them (almost half of the show) weren't played on their visit to the same arena in October....

Let's Spend The Night Together
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Sway
Worried About You
Midnight Rambler
Night Time Is The Right Time
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Get Off Of My Cloud

Good to see that they obviously made the effort to 'research' what they'd played last time and rang a few changes
9th February 2006 05:20 AM
Altamont Chuck made it happen, you know as well as I do....
9th February 2006 05:41 AM
corgi37 sway & Worried about you!

Thats jerking material!

Fuck me, thats good!

[Edited by corgi37]
9th February 2006 06:05 AM
Daethgod go corgi

btw u have pm
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)