ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL México March 1, 2006
© Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006 - setlist, photos and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10th February 2006 06:28 AM
Jumping Jack Honkytonker,

I was above you on the ramp while you were doing your routine. You did a great job man, but Phil has been doing this for a long while. I mean, he even got Keef's attention at the show who ended up with the mask. Sorry I didn't get through the crowd to speak with you a bit.

So what happened to RollingStoneUSA? He stiffed me on his end of a DVD trade. Wanker!!!
10th February 2006 08:24 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
interzone wrote:
Fascinating that amongst all of these gushing reviews, no one mentions that the band completely screwed up "Get Off My Cloud." Ronnie's guitar went out several seconds into the song and Keith, in typically oblivious fashion, failed to pick up any of the slack, choosing instead to dart in and out with the occasional chord. Yet it was Keith who walked to the back of the B-stage and yelled to the guitar techs that Ronnie's guitar wasn't in the mix. Shameful that they even had to be told. The problem was barely rectified by the end of the song. It was an embarrasment. It honestly sounded so bad that I thought they would have stopped the song. They should have.

I saw that but was up front and sound from B stage is never good anyway.But you're right they sure messed up something technically there...Didnt ruin a fine night though
10th February 2006 08:40 AM
charlotte I certainty noticed a screw up on HTW but the stage was coming back to me, MY sounded really good and Rough Justice was also, so must have started with Cloud...anyway, we will hear everything from the tape
10th February 2006 09:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
10th February 2006 11:48 AM
atlantamoi Funny about "Get Off My Cloud". I realized exactly what song they were doing from the first chord, but it was drastically different from on record. I was sitting there thinking it was either one of the coolest garage trash moments or a total botching! But it didn't bother me.
10th February 2006 02:53 PM
RollingstonesUSA Jumpin Jack I am fully sorry, I compeletly forgot, give me ur address and I will mail it to u....as for as the show, the fuckin ROCKED! Ronnie was on fuckin FIRE! to all the Stones bashers, u have no souls, may u all burn in hell forever!
10th February 2006 03:04 PM
interzone Aside from the guitar problems on Get Off My Cloud, I have to say that there was a ton of actual guitar playing from both Ronnie and Keith on this show, especially when compared to the first Atlanta show and to a lessere extent with Memphis. Someone on one of these boards pointed out how some arrangements, such as "Bitch,' have changed so that the LP version's guitar riff is being handled by the horn section. Perhaps an aesthetic decision only, but that and other arrangements allow both guitarists to lay back and not carry as much weight as they would have had to in prior decades. My main memory of the first Atlanta show was that it was great when Ronnie and Keith soloed, but that they simply didn't play as much guitar as they had the opportunity to. And if you've heard a hundred bootlegs and memorized the albums, it's the solos that you come to hear.

On the most recent Atlanta show, though, it seemed that Keith's solo on Satisfaction lasted for 2-3 minutes. And Miss You seemed a little more guitar oriented, or stripped down, than previously. And I think it was Ronnie who had the solo in Sway, which he nailed.

One other difference I noticed was between the Memphis and Atlanta performances of Night Time. In Memphis, Lisa Fisher came out and did her thing, but then Mick began trading falsetto "Baaaby!"s with her, getting goofier each time. He really let go and didn't seem to mind becoming almost spastic when belting out his part. It confirmed for me that, though he could have a justifiably huge ego, he doesn't always try to play it cool on stage. In Atlanta, though, this part was missing from the song. Lisa did her extended verse(s), but there wasn't the back and forth with Mick after that.
10th February 2006 10:13 PM
Some Guy I had a blast, I got a good seat at a great price minutes before showtime from a very nice group of people that I had never met before, they were sitting inside the restaurant. The show was superb! The group I was with had never seen them before and they loved it. Only bummer is that I lost my shirt that I bought- damn you Coors lite! Also met some very cool people at the pre-party!!
[Edited by Some Guy]
11th February 2006 06:39 AM
Jumping Jack RollingstonesUSA,

E-mail me at sfenner1 AT bellsouth.net for mu mailing address. Thanks.
11th February 2006 09:22 PM
sway1 WOW!!! WHAT A SHOW!!! THANKS CHUCK FOR SWAY!!!
11th February 2006 09:35 PM
sway1 I LOVED HEARING GOMC!!! RONNIE'S GUITAR WAS SCREWED AND IT WAS PROBABLY THE WORST SCREW UP OF THE SHOW. I LOVE THAT OLD SONG. IT WAS THE FIRST 45 RECORD I REMEMBER BUYING WITH A PICTURE SLEEVE AT THE LOCAL RECORD AND JEWELRY STORE. THANKS FOR A FANTASTIC SHOW I WILL NEVER FORGET.
13th February 2006 11:12 AM
ADAMSDAY A the last minute my girlfriend and i bought tickets to see The Stones in Atlanta and drove 5.5 hours, arrived within minutes of show starting. We had some great seats thats to an online ticket broker trying to clear his inventory for the Atlanta show.
The worst part of the night was when I went to buy a $6.50 Beer and upon retruning to the seats, had missed "WORRIED ABOUT YOU".
What a bummer.
Anyone who says The Rolling Stones are worn out or too old are simply just jealous.
These guys are THE GREATEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD.
Next, Little Rock Arkansas March 9th.
Another one else attending that show?
Adam
13th February 2006 11:25 AM
Jumping Jack Let that be a lesson to you, those who leave for beer during a Stones show are doomed to eternal damnation!!!
13th February 2006 06:38 PM
Some Guy Or wait till Keith comes on.
15th February 2006 10:40 PM
STONZRULE7388 Hey everyone. I just joined the message board like five minutes ago. Does anyone happen to own a copy of "Cocksucker Blues" that they can send me. I am looking for the album as well as the movie. I am not really concerned about quality...just willing to get my hands on what I can. I have two bootleg rolling stones concerts I am willing to share.

Hershey, PA (10-1-05)
and
Pittsburg, PA (the week prior to Hershey)

Would anyone be willing to work something out and willing to send it via Yahoo instant messaging or AIM?

I would REALLY appreciate it.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks regardless

Mike
15th February 2006 10:41 PM
STONZRULE7388 Hey everyone. I just joined the message board like five minutes ago. Does anyone happen to own a copy of "Cocksucker Blues" that they can send me. I am looking for the album as well as the movie. I am not really concerned about quality...just willing to get my hands on what I can. I have two bootleg rolling stones concerts I am willing to share.

Hershey, PA (10-1-05)
and
Pittsburg, PA (the week prior to Hershey)

Would anyone be willing to work something out and willing to send it via Yahoo instant messaging or AIM?

I would REALLY appreciate it.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks regardless

Mike
17th February 2006 04:53 PM
drake just fyi, recording came out fine n dandy and will be posted soon!
[email protected]
17th February 2006 05:37 PM
luvcharlie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Or wait till Keith comes on.

Oh no! Not Adam. He's a Keith dude all the way.
18th February 2006 06:25 AM
Jumping Jack Thank you Drake!!!
18th February 2006 10:40 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
drake wrote:
just fyi, recording came out fine n dandy and will be posted soon!
[email protected]

Excellent! Thank you!
19th February 2006 05:57 AM
Jumping Jack I heard an early mix of RJ and it is more than fine and dandy, it is the best boot of the best show this tour! WORD!

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z35CIL8QLQGQ0UV54JI5XSGJZ
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
19th February 2006 08:28 AM
atlantamoi I'm really looking forward to hearing this. Thanks in advance!
20th February 2006 06:32 PM
Some Guy I am just now beginning to recover from that show. Damn good times!
24th February 2006 12:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I heard an early mix of RJ and it is more than fine and dandy, it is the best boot of the best show this tour! WORD!

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z35CIL8QLQGQ0UV54JI5XSGJZ
[Edited by Jumping Jack]

You have an MSG boot?
24th February 2006 02:30 PM
Jumping Jack I have everything, or so it seems!
24th February 2006 04:24 PM
gimmekeef You are my hero!....lol...see ya Tuesday bro!..When is the ATL2 disk being released?..
24th February 2006 04:28 PM
Jumping Jack Good question. I wonder if the Good Sister is working on it. He sent Columbus to SM.

I'll e-mail him tomorrow. I hate to nudge more than once a week, but I sent more goodies to him so I'll just check to make sure he got them, LOL!!!
24th February 2006 05:53 PM
gimmekeef Thanks JJ....you can always blame me for being pushy!..BTW I have a 2 dvd collection of the ARMS show with Clapton/Beck/Watts/Wyman etc...You need a copy perhaps?..or have that too!..lol
24th February 2006 05:59 PM
Jumping Jack Thanks, but I have RAH & MSG. :-)
25th February 2006 01:43 PM
Jumping Jack Drake says it should be done by Monday at the latest. I should have it next week. The Good Sister has nothing to do with it unless they take it from a torrent site.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)