ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy 66th birthday Brian!
© ? with thanks to zooeyglass!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bradys true colors and his coach too Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th February 2008 11:30 PM
robpop Its kind of funny for a guy who has not posted here in a while to start three threads about the Pats losing. In fact his team only won one game. They beat the Ravens who also beat the St....nevermind.

Dude, if the Steelers would have finished 1-15, I would not have gone into hiding. I would be more vocal than ever. But then again, that is what real football fans do. I hope the Dolphins can sell some tickets next year. The company I work for is based out of Miami. I'm sick of getting email for $10.00 seats to Dolphins games. Fucking ridiculous. I forgot it is all Dave Wannstedt's fault. Try to win two games next year.
5th February 2008 11:47 PM
gypsy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO NO LONGER POST HERE IS SURE POSTIN' HERE SS A LOT

God, I know. Not a very long hiatus, was it?
5th February 2008 11:51 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

True that. It's funny. You get a couple of Yankees arguing about which is the greatest rock and roll city and you hear cities like Detriot, Boston, New York, Philly, etc.....Are you kidding me?!?!?! These cities wouldn't even be mentioned had it not been for the heart and soul of rock and roll. Which, of course, is in the cotton fields and juke joints of the deep South. Period. End of story. Every city north of Tennessee is subjective at best.

For every Detroit, Boston, and New York I could give you a few Muscle Shoals', Macon's, and Memphis'.

Shit even Chicago Blues got it's start in the Mississippi Delta!

Riffy

Cleveland was a little hotbed at one point.
6th February 2008 08:39 AM
chevysales
quote:
robpop wrote:
Its kind of funny for a guy who has not posted here in a while to start three threads about the Pats losing. In fact his team only won one game. They beat the Ravens who also beat the St....nevermind.

Dude, if the Steelers would have finished 1-15, I would not have gone into hiding. I would be more vocal than ever. But then again, that is what real football fans do. I hope the Dolphins can sell some tickets next year. The company I work for is based out of Miami. I'm sick of getting email for $10.00 seats to Dolphins games. Fucking ridiculous. I forgot it is all Dave Wannstedt's fault. Try to win two games next year.

not hiding at all...nothing to post about so just lurking... now i would have added all to one post but since i had seen so much bs posted here about football during the season as i watched my beloved phins go down the toilet i thought just maybe some of you hadn't seen the video's commercials.

your a pitt fan huh? i can tell by all the wanny referances...since he has not one player on the team from 4 drafts i would say he played a role wouldn't you?

i am quite confident parcells will turn this mess around.

[Edited by chevysales]
6th February 2008 08:50 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Look Chevy, here's how it is.
Coach B looked at the clock, saw there was no time left.
He shook Coughlin's hand, walked off the field.
Even Coughlin was walking off the field, before he was reminded he would not win the game until the clock was re-set, and a play took place.
Brady did not shake Manning's hand before, as they were about to do battle.
Neither of these are any big deal.
Did Ali ever shake Joe Fraser's hand before a fight?
Did Reggie Jackson ever go to shake Jim Rice's hand before a game?
Get over it already.
Oh, and do you have anymore free agents like Wes Welker the 'phins let go we can sign, as he was a really great player!

football is a different game as both teams are on the field at once... brady and belli have terrible attitudes towards there compadres.... i am sure you read about the fans who waited for the team at foxboro and how they were treated by the team when they returned? nice job brady!
welker did great for you while randy was double covered asa #3 he will help you other than that don't get your hopes up... he was a walk on here and we got a franchise center out (satele) of the deal and since our oline has sucked for years i would say it was a good move while i hate to trade witha division rival we weren't competing with the pats anyhow, but ask yourself 40% of your fans are bandwagon fans and even with that they turned out to be a team many wanted to see lose why is that?... since a possesion reciever is not one to build a team around i would do that trade all day long...wes is a great spark plug and helped both teams... btw... wes will, give you all he's got every down.

bellicheck is a sore loser explain it any way you want my friend... and without lucking into brady he was a loser just like in cleveland. miami is going thru times that the pats had experienced for some years as you very well know.

[Edited by chevysales]
6th February 2008 11:05 AM
Got Me Rockin Here's a picture I took during the tickertape parade Boston didn't have.

That's Giants Middle linebacker Antonio Pierce.
He was chanting 18 and 1 with us.
6th February 2008 11:40 AM
Nellcote Sorry Chevy, your %'s are way off.
You can yelp all you want, I'll take three rings in six years over any '72 coke head spokesperson for a team.
6th February 2008 11:58 AM
gimmekeef As much as I tired of the Pats smugness...this 18-1 chant is just as bad...Giants won..celebrate of course but no need to reference who you beat...Classless in the same way as they want to speak of Bellichek
6th February 2008 12:32 PM
mojoman tom coughlin and the heartbreakers?
6th February 2008 01:52 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Sorry Chevy, your %'s are way off.
You can yelp all you want, I'll take three rings in six years over any '72 coke head spokesperson for a team.

whatever... btw he is a self appointed spokesperson... and a funny one at that.

oh you think all the pats fans all over this country have always been pats fans? nah too many bandwagon jumpers... many couldn't tell ya their record in was it 92 or 93 1-15 before parcells cleaned up that mess... well here he is coming to do the same thing for us.

and what are you going to do when belli gets his year suspension? cause it's coming... you had a great team there was no need to film squat... why on earth would he do that?

and for your reference check out the si or espn writer who wrote a piece about belli getting off the bus and heading into locker room at foxboro until krafts son told him to go out to the fans... along with 5 or 6 other players... problem was the players weren't asked to do so they respected the fansthat were there... belli seems to respect no one.

oh and i bet moss will just love the franchise tag next year...

perfectville... population 1.. established 1972.

now for the rings... yep i would take them too... but a cokehead? come on you could do better then that.

i fell bad for jr., teddy, wes... the real players who give 110% every play. brady never had the guts to just come out and say he wanted the td record when it was clear he was just chucking it up for randy to get it last 2 games... he should have just come out and say he wanted it instead of trying to bs the football world that it didn't make a difference.

but guess what... the mannings spanked marsha 2 years in a row... now thats payback.
[Edited by chevysales]
6th February 2008 02:08 PM
Nellcote There is your problem right there.
Just because Peter King, and other national scribes write it, it must be true, right? Peter King is still stoked because he could'nt ask Coach B more about spygate.
Wah, Wah, Wah.
I know people who were there last night, but you won't find that true anyway, would you?
Oh, and a disgruntled asst. golf pro is the truth?
Hey, it's fine.
It does not matter.
I would take Coach B anytime over the spin the wheel approach in Miami over the past, what seems like the 80's?
The rest of the country can say what they want.
Ask yourself, Chevy, when was the last time your team actually even WENT to a Super Bowl?
Oh, right, with that fraud Marino

6th February 2008 04:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Love's father slams Oregon fans' behavior
By Jill Painter Staff Writer
02/03/2008 12:00:00
Daily Breeze.com

UCLA coach Ben Howland has put the incident at Oregon behind him, but Stan Love - Kevin Love's father - hasn't done the same and doesn't intend to, either.

Kevin Love was taunted with vile words, jeers and venomous signs one week ago for leaving his hometown state for UCLA.

Stan Love acknowledged he received a message on his cell phone from Oregon athletic director Pat Kilkenny, but he called it an "unapologetic apology."

"It was very short and dry," Stan said Saturday. "It was superficial. It was as weak as the students' (behavior)."

Love, who played basketball at Oregon from 1968-71, said his brother, Mike Love, a member of the Beach Boys, was spit on and bumped, and that fans threw things at them.

"I will never go back to that school again, not the way I was treated, or the way my 13-year-old daughter (Emily) was treated," Stan Love said. "It's a completely distasteful place to play for or go to school. They take pride in that."

Stan Love said Ernie Kent should have talked to the fans to help eradicate the behavior.

"I wouldn't help recruit. I wouldn't talk nice about them," Stan Love said. "I wouldn't help them build an arena. Why? So they can have more people behave like that?"

6th February 2008 04:43 PM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
As much as I tired of the Pats smugness...this 18-1 chant is just as bad...Giants won..celebrate of course but no need to reference who you beat...Classless in the same way as they want to speak of Bellichek

Why is there no need to reference who you beat?
Patriots were 18 and 0 and the Giants were going to Arizona to get crushed by 30 points.

Plaxico Burress made a prediction of 23 to 17. When Tom Brady heard this he goes "only 17? Is Plax playing defense?" Guess what Tom you didn't even score 17.

6th February 2008 05:13 PM
Starbuck
quote:
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO NO LONGER POST HERE IS SURE POSTIN' HERE SS A LOT

oh .....

double snap!

SS has yet to answer the charges of board abandonment....

where is that old "stones have betrayed us all" post? tee hee!

nanky was right...the head gasket must have busted!

6th February 2008 06:02 PM
ultimaterocker
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Mmmmm, yes, I misread your previous post Nelly. My bad.

Aerosmith and Boston are undeniable? I'm afraid I don't understand. I deny them both, and strongly so. For one, I don't even consider their music to be Rock n Roll. As far as I can tell....it's mainstream pop. Once again, I think that perhaps my definition of "Rock n Roll" is quite different than the definition that most people use. But since I use my definition exclusively...'Smith and Boston are out. Not only that, but since they both suck like a Hoovermatic with a Chevy Big Block, those two particular "bands" actually subtract from Boston's Rock n Roll-ness. Yes, I know that that isn't fair. I would be inclined to be more fair, but they just suck so bad that unfairness to them actually IS fair. IMO.

That being said...I love your town. I have family in Woburn, and have visited often. I used to have family in Arlington, but they are all dead now. I used to spend a month of every summer visiting with them. My uncle was a big wig with Shawmut National Bank, and I loved going to Sox games with him. We got to sit in a private box, and had wait staff to bring us stuff to eat and drink. Those were back in the days of the great Yaz, Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, and Carlton Fisk. I was quite lucky to get the chance to see them play the game. No interleague play back then...just the World Series. Wonderful times...

So don't get the idea that I simply don't like where you are from, and that is biasing my opinion. I love the greater Boston area. I just don't feel that it is the "Greatest Rock and Roll City on the Planet". Boston has a very fine and storied Rock and Roll history, no question. But the greatest ever? Hardly. London, New York, and Detroit can duke it out for that title, IMO.

"Rocks" is mainstream pop?
6th February 2008 06:08 PM
Nellcote It's ok, SS is cool.
He does not waiver when he does not like something.
You've got to commend anyone who stands their ground
I recall standing next to amps for both of the bands, in the mid 70's, and what was coming out was the furthest from pop my ears have heard. Pop is Maroon 5, Black Eyed Peas. In fact, Billboard still notes Boston's debut lp as the largest selling debut rock record of all time. As Nick Lowe once sang, "And so it goes, but where it's goin, no one knows...." He sang rock, right?
6th February 2008 06:11 PM
ultimaterocker
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It's ok, SS is cool.
He does not waiver when he does not like something.
You've got to commend anyone who stands their ground
I recall standing next to amps for both of the bands, in the mid 70's, and what was coming out was the furthest from pop my ears have heard. Pop is Maroon 5, Black Eyed Peas. In fact, Billboard still notes Boston's debut lp as the largest selling debut rock record of all time. As Nick Lowe once sang, "And so it goes, but where it's goin, no one knows...." He sang rock, right?

fair enough......but calling Aerosmith mainstream pop is just retarded....they've recorded pop songs....just like the Stones...but they aren't a pop band
7th February 2008 12:22 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
There is your problem right there.
Just because Peter King, and other national scribes write it, it must be true, right? Peter King is still stoked because he could'nt ask Coach B more about spygate.
Wah, Wah, Wah.
I know people who were there last night, but you won't find that true anyway, would you?
Oh, and a disgruntled asst. golf pro is the truth?
Hey, it's fine.
It does not matter.
I would take Coach B anytime over the spin the wheel approach in Miami over the past, what seems like the 80's?
The rest of the country can say what they want.
Ask yourself, Chevy, when was the last time your team actually even WENT to a Super Bowl?
Oh, right, with that fraud Marino

at least we never had to cheat to get there...

read this as it seems pretty boy got his hair cut before the game and was bangng gisele while eli was watchuing game tape....sore losers who had no problem running up the score when they could but when things got toughed they walked off the field...biggest choke in all of sports.

5 stages of pats fans: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/080204&sportCat=nfl

and this http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/double_coverage/2008/01/pini_brady.html

and i can't wait till next year while we may eeek out a 6-9 during our rebuild you will scramble with all your free agents and guys who want the bucks and won't get them...bradys agent is in sports business news today with the qoute of an extension to get some more cash.

and fact is belli was chided by higher ups to go out to the fans from the bus... read your own boston.com which was there. the pregame montage had the pats acting like 19-0 was owed to them or something way too smug...

i accept our rebuilding but stats say up till 2003 we were the winningest franchise since the merger in 1970 yet now we experience what the pats had in the earlly 90's or have you forgotten.

so after all is said and done enjoy the rings i would... but it would eat me up knowing the biggest choke in the history of pro sports happenend to same team. and no one deserved it more than coach b who without lucking into brady was another failure... you do remember your record prior brady with caoch b don't you?

and do you remember belli demanding the fins come back on field after they were in locker room in 2000 when we won the afc east in your house and he got 3 seconds put back on the clock so bledslow (sic) could try one more hail mary? short memmory for belli to do something.

[Edited by chevysales]
7th February 2008 06:31 AM
Monster
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

oh .....

double snap!

SS has yet to answer the charges of board abandonment....

where is that old "stones have betrayed us all" post? tee hee!

nanky was right...the head gasket must have busted!

[/quote]

Dreams come true!

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/07%2D31%2D2007/237692-1.html
7th February 2008 06:50 AM
Nellcote Chevy, this material is so last week is smells like old Dolphin! So Brady gets his hair cut by the same stylist who cut his hair before winning three Super Bowls, he's not the first sports player to be superstious, right?

Let's face it, you are a Dolphins fan, who despises everything about the Pats, even when you go to The Razor.
You would have found something wrong if they won.

It really is good to see you posting again, and if the Pats losing the Super Bowl took you to come out of your man-cave, that is great. It's your time to shine, so, keep posting!

7th February 2008 08:52 AM
gimmekeef Guys..watch the replay of the game..at 8:42 left in 4th Quarter...A play is run but the clock did not move.Tirico on ESPN yesterday pm said he figures about 30 seconds was not takin off the clock...hmmmmmmmmm....
7th February 2008 08:58 AM
Nellcote I could not understand the clock movement for most of that game.
7th February 2008 09:01 AM
Some Guy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Guys..watch the replay of the game..at 8:42 left in 4th Quarter...A play is run but the clock did not move.Tirico on ESPN yesterday pm said he figures about 30 seconds was not takin off the clock...hmmmmmmmmm....

I smell a conspiracy- a c-o-n-spiracy.
7th February 2008 09:51 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Chevy, this material is so last week is smells like old Dolphin! So Brady gets his hair cut by the same stylist who cut his hair before winning three Super Bowls, he's not the first sports player to be superstious, right?

Let's face it, you are a Dolphins fan, who despises everything about the Pats, even when you go to The Razor.
You would have found something wrong if they won.

It really is good to see you posting again, and if the Pats losing the Super Bowl took you to come out of your man-cave, that is great. It's your time to shine, so, keep posting!

not out of retirement... nor is anything directed at you i hope you know that... heck i even own a gillette razor

look we suck and will for at least another year unless parcells can trade dallas our #1 as jerry jones has a hard on for all things arkansas and their is mcfadden.

and i don't despise the pats but i did develop a damn strong dislike when they ran up scores... and i will point to what belli did to joe gibbs as exhibit a.

other than that i am cool... as i hope you are also and too prove it i want you to watch a little something that could have been...

[Edited by chevysales]
7th February 2008 09:55 AM
gimmekeef Yes the Gibbs run up was about as low class as there ever has been...Maybe Eli should have faked a knee at end of Bowl and tossed a TD to rub it in...Anyway we move on to free agency and the draft..
7th February 2008 10:14 AM
glencar
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:

Why is there no need to reference who you beat?
Patriots were 18 and 0 and the Giants were going to Arizona to get crushed by 30 points.

Plaxico Burress made a prediction of 23 to 17. When Tom Brady heard this he goes "only 17? Is Plax playing defense?" Guess what Tom you didn't even score 17.

Didn't know this. I like Tom Brady but it does seem like his attitude needed some adjusting & the Jints did it for him.
7th February 2008 10:32 AM
Nellcote This is the NFL.
This is not Pop Warner.
If you think teams should not run up, then you were in favor of the signaling that Coaches Fisher & Dungy did during the last regular game of the year, which hurt the Browns big time from making the playoffs.
These are games, for real dough, these are not for trading cards.
Run up the score counter is any team could have stopped any other team from scoring.
As I recall, The Skins defense was highly rated back at that game, possibly more so than the Gints, however, did the Gints stop the Pats from scoring.
Please stop the boo-hoo for Gibbs, does he let other cars lap his in his Nascar world, I think not.
Hey Chevy, I'm cool with everything
I'm going to defend the truth.
Hey, Pats lost fair & square.
If this cat in Hawaii has film, Coach B is guilty, give him more justice.
Otherwise, I will take life 18-1 than 1-15, thanks again!
7th February 2008 10:49 AM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't know this. I like Tom Brady but it does seem like his attitude needed some adjusting & the Jints did it for him.

I think during nightmares Tom is still seeing Osi, Tuck and Strahan coming at him.

I'm a huge Giants fan and there was nothing I liked more than Brady getting decked on his first play of the game.
7th February 2008 10:50 AM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Guys..watch the replay of the game..at 8:42 left in 4th Quarter...A play is run but the clock did not move.Tirico on ESPN yesterday pm said he figures about 30 seconds was not takin off the clock...hmmmmmmmmm....

Oh, so Brady's last drive wouldn't have happened? Thanks.
7th February 2008 12:50 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Chevy, I'm cool with everything
I'm going to defend the truth.
Hey, Pats lost fair & square.
Otherwise, I will take life 18-1 than 1-15, thanks again!

i surely wouldn't be un happy with 18-1 vs. 1-15 either.

i imagine if dungy kept peyton in during his run brady and moss wouldn't have the record as he would have had about 6-9 more td's...

yep your rite if you don't want a team to score than stop them. which brings me back to my point above... when you clearly have the game in your pocket why risk injury to your bread and butter?.

i ask why had the wonder of what the pats were doing from game 1 on change peoples perception of them by game 10? because of stuff like that... it will come back to them sooner or later that type of stuff always does.

hey we have the draft to look forward to and damn if the pats have what the 7th pick? and this after losing a pick in the first round? yea afc east is yours for 1 more year... unless moss pouts about franchise tag, brady wants more cash... and coach b decides (or is asked) to take some time off.

on another note i was saddened to watch the last ever hbo airing of inside the nfl last nite... "the show the pro's watch" has ended after some 30 plus years... a bigger loss for fans of football, nfl films and harry carey voice overs. RIP INFL you will be missed.

[Edited by chevysales]
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)