ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy 66th birthday Brian!
© ? with thanks to zooeyglass!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bradys true colors and his coach too Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
3rd February 2008 11:20 PM
chevysales pre game fox shows brady blowing off eli's gesture of good game lets enjoy it extended hand... witha few seconds on clock bellicheater runs off the filed early... moss did that in minnesota and was crucified for it... bellicheat better not get a pass on this one...if kraft is the man he appears to be i assume if there is anythig to walsh's claims he lets belli go... who was nothing until he lucked into brady... who is a damn good qb once everything is said and done.
3rd February 2008 11:26 PM
mojoman good to have you back chevy!!!
3rd February 2008 11:29 PM
GayB nicely put chevy!!!! neither the pats nor our phins hoisted the trophy this year...but the phins will have a better pick come draft day!!!!
3rd February 2008 11:32 PM
robpop Hey the Dolphins did not complete the perfect season either.
3rd February 2008 11:35 PM
BILL PERKS BELICHICK IS A BITCH-I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT
4th February 2008 05:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Pats fans don't feel too bad. We'll always have Boston. The Greatest rock n Roll Town in the World.
4th February 2008 07:01 PM
mojoman
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Pats fans don't feel too bad. We'll always have Boston. The Greatest rock n Roll Town in the World.

cuz it has more old white guys?
4th February 2008 07:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mojoman wrote:
cuz it has more old white guys?

Yeah. Kinda.
There's a few left still alive that still remember the 60's in Boston. Not many but a few.
4th February 2008 07:09 PM
mojoman
quote:

Yeah. Kinda.
There's a few left still alive that still remember the 60's in Boston. Not many but a few.

tea party?
4th February 2008 07:18 PM
Nellcote Look Chevy, here's how it is.
Coach B looked at the clock, saw there was no time left.
He shook Coughlin's hand, walked off the field.
Even Coughlin was walking off the field, before he was reminded he would not win the game until the clock was re-set, and a play took place.
Brady did not shake Manning's hand before, as they were about to do battle.
Neither of these are any big deal.
Did Ali ever shake Joe Fraser's hand before a fight?
Did Reggie Jackson ever go to shake Jim Rice's hand before a game?
Get over it already.
Oh, and do you have anymore free agents like Wes Welker the 'phins let go we can sign, as he was a really great player!

4th February 2008 07:20 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Pats fans don't feel too bad. We'll always have Boston. The Greatest rock n Roll Town in the World.

Marky Mark?
Boys on the block?
4th February 2008 07:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot You mean, Boston, the greatest rock and roll town in the world after NYC, LA, London, Philly, Austin, Toronto, Seattle, Detroit, Memphis, and just about any major city in Oz?

Granted, Boston has spawned 2 of my faves....Pixies and Lyres...but greatest in the world? No. No fuckin' way in hell.

Typical statement from a Pats/Sox fan though. I'll give you all one thing...ya'll give the New Yawkers a run for their money when it comes to homerism.

4th February 2008 07:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Granted, Boston has spawned 2 of my faves....Pixies and Lyres...but greatest in the world? No. No fuckin' way in hell.

I'm talkin' fans, not bands.

4th February 2008 07:32 PM
robpop I like the Celtics and The Pixies fuckin' rock.
4th February 2008 07:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "homerism."

Yes. I am a homerist.

4th February 2008 08:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fans?

Fans?

What the hell does that have to do with the price of cat loin in China?

You make a statement like "Boston is the Greatest Rock n Roll City in the World" based on people who DON'T make Rock n Roll music?

Lame. Sheesh.
4th February 2008 08:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Fans?

Fans?

What the hell does that have to do with the price of cat loin in China?

You make a statement like "Boston is the Greatest Rock n Roll City in the World" based on people who DON'T make Rock n Roll music?

Lame. Sheesh.

Yes fans. Boston has always been a hotbed of rebellion.

4th February 2008 08:36 PM
Nellcote Hey SS!
I'm certain my dinosaur lineage could muster up many great bands from Bahston over time, however, it's fair to say several of the cities you've listed have equal representation.
Not a bad comeback for a Pats/Red Sox fan, eh?
In the meantime, as I know you love a certain band from Bahston who made it big in the '70's, check out TAB, and figure out who the old man of two of the band members is....They just caught a record deal, and are touring near a city near you.....

http://www.myspace.com/tabtheband
4th February 2008 10:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Equally represented? So if it's equal...how does that make Boston any better than any of the other cities I mentioned?

And you might say "equally represented"...but I'd disagree with that too. See you count Aerosmith as a plus...I count it as a minus. Also, I don't know if Boston was actually from Boston...but being one of the crappiest bands ever, and taking your fair cities name....HUGE fuckin' minus there. Cancels out The Standells and Lyres.

Yeah yeah, J Giels. Never been a big fan. But I hear that they are a great live band. It doesn't translate to vinyl very well, IMO. And then you have that dumbass "Centerfold" song. That's a stain they can't erase. I mean, good on 'em, it made them wealthy men...but I hated that fuckin' song.

Here's what I think. I think that the "Greatest Rock n Roll City on the PLanet" changes constantly depending on what scenes get hot. For a while it was London, then NYC, then Seattle, then Detroit, and so on. I think it just depends on the timing.

So far in THIS century, I'd say my fave for Best Rock n Roll town is Detroit. Led by Jack and the White Stripes, there are about a zillion great bands making big time rock n roll. The kind of rock n roll that does it for me. Of course, your mileage may vary on that. You might hate The Dirtbombs or The Sights or The Soledad Brothers or The Hentchmen or The Detroit Cobras or The Deadstring Brothers or The Come Ons or Ko & The Knockouts or The Von Bondies(I don't like them much anymore, but the first couple of albums rock ass!) or any of the rest of the zillion great bands that sprang outta Detroit. Must be something in that detroit river water.

That being said, if you aren't into that particular brand of Rock n Roll...it might be a different time and place for you...
4th February 2008 11:50 PM
Sioux
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey SS!
I'm certain my dinosaur lineage could muster up many great bands from Bahston over time, however, it's fair to say several of the cities you've listed have equal representation.
Not a bad comeback for a Pats/Red Sox fan, eh?
In the meantime, as I know you love a certain band from Bahston who made it big in the '70's, check out TAB, and figure out who the old man of two of the band members is....They just caught a record deal, and are touring near a city near you.....

http://www.myspace.com/tabtheband

Daggone, they have a great sound! Vocals are very "Mick-ish". Very cool...
4th February 2008 11:51 PM
Sioux Ok, so, one of my favorite 60's bands were/are from Boston....the Remains. So yeah, Boston can rock.
5th February 2008 09:01 AM
Nellcote Hey SS, couple of points...
I respect your knowledge of tuneage, however, I never said Boston was any better than the cities you've named.
That acts have originated from Boston who have become wildly popular do not have to be enjoyed by all, however, it's undeniable. I would think that two acts from Boston, Aerosmith & Boston are more popular than all of the acts from Austin collected together.
This has no regard whether you like them or not, just fact.
I only pointed to the fact that Boston has had it's equal share of popular performing artists as the cities you've noted.
I know nothing of Hibbing MN, however, I like the muscial cat from there, as well a pretty good hoop player was from there.
5th February 2008 05:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Mmmmm, yes, I misread your previous post Nelly. My bad.

Aerosmith and Boston are undeniable? I'm afraid I don't understand. I deny them both, and strongly so. For one, I don't even consider their music to be Rock n Roll. As far as I can tell....it's mainstream pop. Once again, I think that perhaps my definition of "Rock n Roll" is quite different than the definition that most people use. But since I use my definition exclusively...'Smith and Boston are out. Not only that, but since they both suck like a Hoovermatic with a Chevy Big Block, those two particular "bands" actually subtract from Boston's Rock n Roll-ness. Yes, I know that that isn't fair. I would be inclined to be more fair, but they just suck so bad that unfairness to them actually IS fair. IMO.

That being said...I love your town. I have family in Woburn, and have visited often. I used to have family in Arlington, but they are all dead now. I used to spend a month of every summer visiting with them. My uncle was a big wig with Shawmut National Bank, and I loved going to Sox games with him. We got to sit in a private box, and had wait staff to bring us stuff to eat and drink. Those were back in the days of the great Yaz, Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, and Carlton Fisk. I was quite lucky to get the chance to see them play the game. No interleague play back then...just the World Series. Wonderful times...

So don't get the idea that I simply don't like where you are from, and that is biasing my opinion. I love the greater Boston area. I just don't feel that it is the "Greatest Rock and Roll City on the Planet". Boston has a very fine and storied Rock and Roll history, no question. But the greatest ever? Hardly. London, New York, and Detroit can duke it out for that title, IMO.
5th February 2008 05:45 PM
Riffhard Fuck it all anyway. Macon Georgia kicks the ever living shit outta every town/city mentioned in any of these posts about greatest rock and roll cities, and that's just one small Georgia town.

Riffy
5th February 2008 05:47 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Fuck it all anyway. Macon Georgia kicks the ever living shit outta every town/city mentioned in any of these posts about greatest rock and roll cities, and that's just one small Georgia town.

Riffy

Yup..just "down the road down the road" a piece from me..Nice call Riffy
5th February 2008 06:03 PM
BILL PERKS SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO NO LONGER POST HERE IS SURE POSTIN' HERE SS A LOT
5th February 2008 07:44 PM
Sioux Memphis isn't too shabby a music town either.
[Edited by Sioux]
5th February 2008 08:01 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Memphis isn't too shabby a music town either.
[Edited by Sioux]

True that. It's funny. You get a couple of Yankees arguing about which is the greatest rock and roll city and you hear cities like Detriot, Boston, New York, Philly, etc.....Are you kidding me?!?!?! These cities wouldn't even be mentioned had it not been for the heart and soul of rock and roll. Which, of course, is in the cotton fields and juke joints of the deep South. Period. End of story. Every city north of Tennessee is subjective at best.

For every Detroit, Boston, and New York I could give you a few Muscle Shoals', Macon's, and Memphis'.

Shit even Chicago Blues got it's start in the Mississippi Delta!

Riffy

5th February 2008 08:07 PM
mojoman tokyo?
5th February 2008 09:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot I believe that if you read my first post in this thread...I do indeed mention Memphis. Just on Stax alone! Add in American, and of course, The Oblivions...and you have a major player in US Rock n Roll.

The more I think about it though, the more I think it's London. Stones, Kinks, Who, Bowie, Zep, Clash, Pistols, Oasis...and that's just the top tier bands. London was the epicenter of at least three major Rock n Roll movements, and a host of lesser movements. We may have invented Rock n Roll here in the USA, but IMO, the Brits...Londoners in particular...perfected it.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)