ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where's the Cheney Thread??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 17th, 2006 12:46 AM
Egbert
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I put together a little Stones mix tape for you, speedy:

Street Fighting Man
Salt of the Earth
Sweet Black Angel
Fingerprint File
Luxury
Indian Girl
Undercover of the Night
It Must Be Hell
Back to Zero
Rock and a Hard Place
Blinded by Rainbows
Dangerous Beauty
Sweet Neo Con

Happy listening!

Probably the first ever mix tape ever to include Indian Girl AND Back To Zero...
February 17th, 2006 12:48 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Probably the first ever mix tape ever to include Indian Girl AND Back To Zero...

Politics ain't beanbag.
February 17th, 2006 01:05 AM
pdog Good God Damn Postin' Maxy!

Some facts you should all know about Maxlugar.

The Maxlugar action figure has slept with more women then Joey.

And...

The only reason it is not called "The CBS Evening News with Maxlugar" is that Dan Rather once pulled a thorn out of Max's typing finger.

Some facts you should know about Joey.

Joey's Imaginary Friend: "Ok, do you have your Internet Explorer ope--"
Joey: "What!? Your Internet EXPLODED?"

I once received an email from Joey included the line:
By the way, what does BTW stand for?

Joey's Myspace Details:
I am a single male 6'1", 180 lbs., living in Nebraska. I have always gotten along better with woman. In fact, sometimes I wish I WAS a woman and I fantasize about this. I have even dressed in lingerie.

February 17th, 2006 01:40 AM
Rodney_King

can't we all just get along?

we're all in this together!

February 17th, 2006 02:13 AM
Bloozehound Some will die in hot persuits in fiery auto crashes, some will die in hot persuits while sifting through my ashes, some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountian
February 17th, 2006 06:16 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Neocons love censorship.

Ya damn hippie!
February 17th, 2006 06:29 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]glencar wrote:

From www.AnnCoulter.com

Perhaps we could put aside our national, ongoing, post-9/11 Muslim butt-kissing contest and get on with the business at hand: Bombing Syria back to the stone age and then permanently disarming Iran.

In my opinion, the very way this person expresses these views is pretty much self-explanatory, so I don't have much of a comment to add.

Sometimes I think some people view the world as a large-scale Playstation video game. Let's invade and kill. Does this "human" realize she's actually talking about bombing PEOPLE there? Nah. We should just disarm and kill all our enemies - real and possible ones. Yep. That's one safe sure way to just more death.

P.S. Then again, what can you expect from a person who has a list of "REPORTERS WHO ARE ALLOWED TO INTERVIEW ANN AGAIN" on her site...
[Edited by FotiniD]
February 17th, 2006 09:23 AM
Joey " Sometimes I think some people view the world as a large-scale Playstation video game. Let's invade and kill. Does this "human" realize she's actually talking about bombing PEOPLE there? Nah. We should just disarm and kill all our enemies - real and possible ones. Yep. That's one safe sure way to just more death. "

I would like to clutch you to me bosom and tickle you with me erect nipples .

February 17th, 2006 10:31 AM
Maxlugar [quote]FotiniD wrote:

Sometimes I think some people view the world as a large-scale Playstation video game. Let's invade and kill. Does this "human" realize she's actually talking about bombing PEOPLE there?

That's it!!! We're coming for you! Don't look up!

February 17th, 2006 11:20 AM
Joey

February 17th, 2006 11:37 AM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Some will die in hot persuits in fiery auto crashes, some will die in hot persuits while sifting through my ashes, some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountian

Butthole Surfers RULE !!!
February 17th, 2006 02:33 PM
Bloozehound Whittington walks

February 17th, 2006 02:36 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Bloozehound wrote:
Whittington walks

He did everything but jump in the air and click his heels together when he left too.

The man looked like he was ready to run a marathon.

The dirty, slippery, smarmy media had him almost dead after his "heart attack" two days ago.

LOL!!!

We win again.
February 17th, 2006 02:43 PM
Joey " The dirty, slippery, smarmy media had him almost dead after his "heart attack" two days ago.

LOL!!!

We win again. "

***** Young Joey now cupping his hand over his mouth and giggling to himself ******

JJJJJJJJJOEYKINS !
February 17th, 2006 02:50 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

***** Young Joey now cupping his hand over his mouth and giggling to himself ******

{Single tear}
February 17th, 2006 03:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[

** ? **
February 17th, 2006 03:23 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I really wanted to read Riffy's response to my outing of his whopper about the Republicans being responsible for the Civil Rights Act and the MLK holiday. What happened to the thread?

Yeah I hear ya BJ. I was a little upset that the thread was deleted as well. Mainly because I had linked many "facts" that corroborated my original contention. As I do not have the time,nor patience,to peruse through the links again I'll just point out this little blurb.

"The filibuster forces knew that they faced a long and tiring battle. Their opponents had anticipated and planned for the filibuster. In fact, Humphrey personally opened full-fledged debate on the civil rights bill on March 30 with a three hour, eleven-minute speech from a 68 page speech of his own in defense of H. R. 7152. Both Humphrey and Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), Senate Minority Whip gathered enough senators together so that at any time a quorum call came up, the pro-civil rights forces could answer it. Northerners also combated the "southern bloc" by answering southerners' criticisms of the bill on the floor rather than simply letting the filibusterers speak indefinitely without response. To respond to the organized opposition, southerners formed a platoon system composed of three six- member filibuster teams. When one team had the floor for the filibuster, the other two would rest and then prepare to take turns speaking on the floor.

The Republican Party was not so badly split as the Democrats by the civil rights issue. Only one Republican senator participated in the filibuster against the bill. In fact, since 1933, Republicans had a more positive record on civil rights than the Democrats. In the twenty-six major civil rights votes since 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 % of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 % of the votes.

The Republican pro-civil rights forces were blessed with gifted leadership. Although Senate minority whip Thomas Kuchel initially managed the party's forces, it increasingly became clear to Democrats, Republicans, the press, civil rights groups, and the White House that Everett McKinley Dirksen was the key man in the entire civil rights legislative effort.

After criticizing H. R. 7152 in March, Dirksen began to work more closely in late spring with Humphrey and the civil rights forces to fashion a strategy that would secure passage of the bill. Dirksen organized Republican support for the bill by designating a floor captain for each of the bill's seven sections. He and the bipartisan leaders believed that five or six "swing" votes held the key to cloture and the end of debate. Almost all of these uncommitted senators were conservative Republicans from rural states without racial difficulties. Their constituents opposed the legislation because it involved expanded federal powers. The problem facing the leadership was how to enlist the support of these uncommitted senators.

By working with Dirksen to swing key votes and by marshaling public opinion and constituent support for the civil rights measure, Senate leaders moved forward with the legislation

So I stand by my original contention because it is based on facts not a liberal rewriting of history. The FACT is that the Republican party has written roughly three time more legislation,and passed more bills into law, of the advancment of civil rights as have their Democrat counterparts. As this article points out(from the library of Congress btw)the most important figure in the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was,in fact,a Republican by the name of Everett McKinley Dirksen (R-Il.). Add to the fact that the Democrats history with regards to race relations is pathetic prior to the 1964 Act,and my point has been made and verified by fact. It was a galant effort though BJ. I'll give you thast.

Afterall the GOP is the "Party of Lincoln"!

Riffy
February 17th, 2006 03:55 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
We win again.

"We"...as in you and Dick Cheney?

Whooooooo. MAN. You are sicker than I feared.

I'm kinda glad now that you quit the C10.

By the way, us commies weren't hoping Cheney's prey would die...we're mostly pissed about the whole "the police are not allowed to interview Mr. Cheney until he's sobered up" thing. I guess this all ties in with your lapdog's "If I'm not a drunk THEY win" motto.
February 17th, 2006 04:04 PM
Joey " REALLY, REALLY FUZZY MATH "

" A caller claimed that he has been following the Cheney story and that, according to his math, the vice president had to have been closer to his shooting victim, Harry Whittington, than he reported. Since Howard was intrigued by the caller’s assertion, he decided to check if he had any credibility. To see if he did, Howard asked him what 14 times four is. When the caller responded that the answer is 84, Howard told him that he couldn’t trust his math skills.

Howard concluded the conversation by saying that the shooting was “just a mistake,” but that still didn’t explain why it took an entire day for the news of the incident to be made public. Howard proceeded to play a clip of an interview Cheney gave yesterday to Fox News, where he explained that the delay occurred so that Harry’s children could be notified of the situation. "

http://www.howardstern.com/flt/rd/rundown_021606.html

February 17th, 2006 04:15 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
By the way, us commies weren't hoping Cheney's prey would die...we're mostly pissed about the whole "the police are not allowed to interview Mr. Cheney until he's sobered up" thing.

How do you know he was drunk ?
February 17th, 2006 04:20 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

If he was Teddy Kennedy he woulda been!
February 17th, 2006 04:24 PM
nankerphelge Never have truer words been spoken!
February 17th, 2006 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Never have truer words been spoken!

Cheney was LOADED !!!!!!!

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/contest/

February 17th, 2006 04:33 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

He dosen't! It's more conspiracy talk that'sall. Just like the kook conspiracy that says that Cheney shot the guy to send Scooter Libby a message! Let's just suspend reality here for a moment shall we?!?! Geeshh! The VP has a history of heart problems. That alone should be enough to shut down the "he was hammered" theory,but alas,much like a dog with a new bone the libs won't let it go.

Liberals love to accuse this admin of cover ups at every turn,but truth be told,the most corrupt admin in my lifetime was the Clinton reign. Gee Mrs. Clinton how did you find those Rose Law Firm receipts exactly two days after the statute of limitations ran out for prosecution? ROTFLMAO!!!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
February 17th, 2006 04:36 PM
sirmoonie Does anyone really believe Cheney wasn't drunk? Howe old are you? Get out much?
February 17th, 2006 04:38 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

If he was Teddy Kennedy he woulda been!

LOL! Finally he gets it!! Ofcourse Ted "the Swimmer" was drunk! At least ten different people testified to that fact!!! Not one person,other lib kooks,have said that Cheney was drunk!

Riffy
February 17th, 2006 04:51 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Geeshh! The VP has a history of heart problems. That alone should be enough to shut down the "he was hammered" theory,but alas,much like a dog with a new bone the libs won't let it go.

one minute they're saying he's unfit to serve the country and practically on his death bed because of the bad ticker, next minute he's hootin it up, loaded to the gills, shootin everything that moves down in Texas...which is it LOL~!

actually, I don't think I've ever seen proof that he currently drinks alcohol at all

February 17th, 2006 04:57 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Does anyone really believe Cheney wasn't drunk? Howe old are you? Get out much?

Moonie have you ever been hunting? I have plenty of times and I can tell you without a seconds thought that hunters are not a bunch of rednecks sitting around powering down beers before they take up arms and go hunting. In fact the hunters that I know will not let a fellow hunter get drunk and then handle his firearm. Hunters are,more often than not,the most careful bunch of people around with regards to alcohol and guns. Cheney notwithstanding! LOL!

What happened was an accident plain and simple. He admitted that he had a beer with lunch. From that the conspiracy theorists have concluded that Cheney was loaded. Quite a fucking stretch considering nobody that was there claims that.

Riffy
February 17th, 2006 05:08 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

"We"...as in you and Dick Cheney?

Whooooooo. MAN. You are sicker than I feared.

I'm kinda glad now that you quit the C10.

By the way, us commies weren't hoping Cheney's prey would die...we're mostly pissed about the whole "the police are not allowed to interview Mr. Cheney until he's sobered up" thing. I guess this all ties in with your lapdog's "If I'm not a drunk THEY win" motto.

You are much loved .
February 17th, 2006 05:31 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Does anyone really believe Cheney wasn't drunk? Howe old are you? Get out much?

If he's like most of us, he was drunk...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)