ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Buenos Aires - February 22, 2006
Alex (Chile), Voodoo (México), Cucho (Perú), Bjornulf (Norway) and Marcelo (Argentina)
http://rocksoff.org/foro
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where's the Cheney Thread??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 17th, 2006 05:43 PM
Joey

< ---------- " We win again..... "

Good One Lil' buddy ( Lil' Fiji )
February 17th, 2006 06:05 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Moonie have you ever been hunting? I have plenty of times and I can tell you without a seconds thought that hunters are not a bunch of rednecks sitting around powering down beers before they take up arms and go hunting. In fact the hunters that I know will not let a fellow hunter get drunk and then handle his firearm. Hunters are,more often than not,the most careful bunch of people around with regards to alcohol and guns. Cheney notwithstanding! LOL!

I'll add this, my parent's home is like 20 mins from the armstrong ranch, I grew up down there, I've hunted that area my entire life, even on the Armstrong ranch

It's not like some low, lying grassy field like we've seen some of these news reporters standing in front of on tv, they were back in the ranch where they hunt and it's nothing but a few roads crosscutting thick ass scrub brush, cactus and mesquite trees

The quail get up in this for cover, when hunting them you drive or walk along the roads real slow looking for the coveys near or along the road, to try and ambush them before they spot you and haul it back into the brush

It's visually impairing and can be pretty disorientating when you're back in that shit, especially if your a novice and/or trying to spot someone who might be walking through it to retrieve something they shot

It's hard to say what exactly happened if your weren't there, but I can see an accident happening due to the terrain and where they were. It happens occasionally

This photo is a prime example of what it looks like there:

[Edited by Bloozehound]
February 17th, 2006 06:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Moonie have you ever been hunting? I have plenty of times and I can tell you without a seconds thought that hunters are not a bunch of rednecks sitting around powering down beers before they take up arms and go hunting. In fact the hunters that I know will not let a fellow hunter get drunk and then handle his firearm. Hunters are,more often than not,the most careful bunch of people around with regards to alcohol and guns. Cheney notwithstanding! LOL!

What happened was an accident plain and simple. He admitted that he had a beer with lunch. From that the conspiracy theorists have concluded that Cheney was loaded. Quite a fucking stretch considering nobody that was there claims that.

Riffy

You crack me up. Its a conspiracy theory to apply basic fucking common sense now? Two DUIs, an admission that he had "one beer" for lunch (note to the hopelessly uninformed - "one" lunch beer is like super-secret code talk for four beers), and the fact that he swung on and shot a guy at 30 yards. Dude, you should be glad he was gooned, if not, then he's a fucking epto-spastic.

And my god, his drinking buddies back up his story?!?! Holy fucking piss, when in the history of the world has that happened??

Pretend that "(R)" is a "(D)" on the ballot box, Riffy, then tell me whether he's drunk. What do you think Riffy? What do you think deep down, way back behind the mayonaisse, think? Has any sober person ever had a "hunting accident"?

BTW - yes, I've been hunting - mondo hootch! WTF else do you do when you go hunting? Guns and booze - god's one-two punch.
February 17th, 2006 06:22 PM
Riffhard My point is that the only one's making the "he was hammered" allegations are people who were not there,and have a political axe to grind. Having said that,I will say that Cheney did not handle the press dealio very well. In his defense though the press hates the man. If I were him I'd tell them all to fuck off!

Riffy
February 17th, 2006 06:31 PM
Bloozehound hey look on the bright side at least this Whittington guy gets to spend the rest of life saying "Dick Cheney shot my ass full of lead

February 17th, 2006 06:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
My point is that the only one's making the "he was hammered" allegations are people who were not there,and have a political axe to grind. Having said that,I will say that Cheney did not handle the press dealio very well. In his defense though the press hates the man. If I were him I'd tell them all to fuck off!

Riffy

Those who don't have an axe to grind wouldn't make public allegations, now would they? Thats kind of axiomatic, isn't it? Yet, every one of them non-axe-grinders, including yourself, know that Cheney was "bushwhacked" when he busted a cap in that dude's ass. Like I said, if he truly wasn't liqued, there are other serious health issues going with the man - perhaps dropsy, staggers, Legionairre's disease, post-neural abrasion, turbulent virulitis, etc. I don't know, I'm not some fucking quack, you fucking figure it out Einstein.
February 17th, 2006 06:50 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Those who don't have an axe to grind wouldn't make public allegations, now would they? Thats kind of axiomatic, isn't it? Yet, every one of them non-axe-grinders, including yourself, know that Cheney was "bushwhacked" when he busted a cap in that dude's ass. Like I said, if he truly wasn't liqued, there are other serious health issues going with the man - perhaps dropsy, staggers, Legionairre's disease, post-neural abrasion, turbulent virulitis, etc. I don't know, I'm not some fucking quack, you fucking figure it out Einstein.

So you're saying he was moofed to the gills? That about sum it up?

Riffy
February 17th, 2006 07:02 PM
Dick Cheney YOU DAMN GILLY GOBBERS SHUT YOUR MOUSE

OR I'LL COME IN THERE WITH MY SHOTGUN!!
[Edited by Dick Cheney]
February 17th, 2006 07:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
My point is that the only one's making the "he was hammered" allegations are people who were not there,and have a political axe to grind. Having said that,I will say that Cheney did not handle the press dealio very well. In his defense though the press hates the man. If I were him I'd tell them all to fuck off!

Riffy

With a 30% approval rating, damn that's alot of people in the press hating... LOL!
February 17th, 2006 07:25 PM
Dan
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I don't have any political axe to grind, and "he was drunk" was the first thing to pop into my mind. I am no liberal and I am enjoying the hell out of this thing like everyone else. Well except the usual suspects that is.
February 17th, 2006 07:42 PM
Dick Cheney
quote:
pdog wrote:

With a 30% approval rating, damn that's alot of people in the press hating... LOL!

WHATS WRONG SON, BIRDSHOT IN YOUR EYE?

LATEST POLLS SHOW 40 %

THAT"S A 4

FOLLOWED BY A CAPITOL "O"

OH !

OHH!!

OHHHH !!!
February 17th, 2006 08:57 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yeah I hear ya BJ. I was a little upset that the thread was deleted as well. Mainly because I had linked many "facts" that corroborated my original contention. As I do not have the time,nor patience,to peruse through the links again I'll just point out this little blurb.

"The filibuster forces knew that they faced a long and tiring battle. Their opponents had anticipated and planned for the filibuster. In fact, Humphrey personally opened full-fledged debate on the civil rights bill on March 30 with a three hour, eleven-minute speech from a 68 page speech of his own in defense of H. R. 7152. Both Humphrey and Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), Senate Minority Whip gathered enough senators together so that at any time a quorum call came up, the pro-civil rights forces could answer it. Northerners also combated the "southern bloc" by answering southerners' criticisms of the bill on the floor rather than simply letting the filibusterers speak indefinitely without response. To respond to the organized opposition, southerners formed a platoon system composed of three six- member filibuster teams. When one team had the floor for the filibuster, the other two would rest and then prepare to take turns speaking on the floor.

The Republican Party was not so badly split as the Democrats by the civil rights issue. Only one Republican senator participated in the filibuster against the bill. In fact, since 1933, Republicans had a more positive record on civil rights than the Democrats. In the twenty-six major civil rights votes since 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 % of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 % of the votes.

The Republican pro-civil rights forces were blessed with gifted leadership. Although Senate minority whip Thomas Kuchel initially managed the party's forces, it increasingly became clear to Democrats, Republicans, the press, civil rights groups, and the White House that Everett McKinley Dirksen was the key man in the entire civil rights legislative effort.

After criticizing H. R. 7152 in March, Dirksen began to work more closely in late spring with Humphrey and the civil rights forces to fashion a strategy that would secure passage of the bill. Dirksen organized Republican support for the bill by designating a floor captain for each of the bill's seven sections. He and the bipartisan leaders believed that five or six "swing" votes held the key to cloture and the end of debate. Almost all of these uncommitted senators were conservative Republicans from rural states without racial difficulties. Their constituents opposed the legislation because it involved expanded federal powers. The problem facing the leadership was how to enlist the support of these uncommitted senators.

By working with Dirksen to swing key votes and by marshaling public opinion and constituent support for the civil rights measure, Senate leaders moved forward with the legislation

So I stand by my original contention because it is based on facts not a liberal rewriting of history. The FACT is that the Republican party has written roughly three time more legislation,and passed more bills into law, of the advancment of civil rights as have their Democrat counterparts. As this article points out(from the library of Congress btw)the most important figure in the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was,in fact,a Republican by the name of Everett McKinley Dirksen (R-Il.). Add to the fact that the Democrats history with regards to race relations is pathetic prior to the 1964 Act,and my point has been made and verified by fact. It was a galant effort though BJ. I'll give you thast.

Afterall the GOP is the "Party of Lincoln"!

Riffy

You've done a good job of documenting your point, riffy. The Southern Democrats were a stain on the party in the Sixties. But I maintain that their political heirs are now Southern Republicans and that the racist vote (albeit less overt than 40 years ago) helps sustain the national Republican party today.
February 17th, 2006 09:27 PM
quackenbush I think the press is right, Cheney didn't report this accident
quickly enough. For now on, some reporter, on the extreme left, should always accompany the vice president whenever he goes hunting. The press guy should not be accountable to anyone; come and go as s/he pleases, wear camoflage and look right over the vice president's shoulder. We have a right to know.
February 17th, 2006 09:55 PM
Dick Cheney
quote:
quackenbush wrote:
I think the press is right, Cheney didn't report this accident
quickly enough. For now on, some reporter, on the extreme left, should always accompany the vice president whenever he goes hunting. The press guy should not be accountable to anyone; come and go as s/he pleases, wear camoflage and look right over the vice president's shoulder. We have a right to know.

YOU"RE GOING TO HAVE TO GET THAT APPROVED BY DICK CHENEY FIRST!!
February 17th, 2006 10:28 PM
quackenbush I have a hunch he would.
February 18th, 2006 06:21 AM
Dick Bush
February 18th, 2006 10:47 AM
caro
quote:
This photo is a prime example of what it looks like there:

[Edited by Bloozehound]

Oh. I'm taking back all the sarcasm I've heaped upon Cheney in the past few days. Even I would've thought this was a moose, not a fellow hunter.
February 18th, 2006 10:52 AM
sirmoonie You crack me up, baby. XOXO.
February 18th, 2006 01:47 PM
caro Hi Moonie! I think you would like french hunters. They park their cars on the side of the road, put on their ammunition belts, unpack the wine bottles, fill their glasses, sit on the car hood and wait for a boar to pass by. Usually, around 6.PM, they'll ask you if you've seen a little brown hunting dog looking lost, and you'll say "Yes, we gave him a piece of sandwich, he went that way" and they'll pack the wine & the rifles and drive off in the direction you showed them, looking a bit pissed off because it's almost dinner time.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)